• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announced, launches September 2022 (no open spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luxin suggesting this game could be rated M lmao. Dude Nintendo isn’t letting Xenoblade be a rated M game. And then saying the game looks like it’s running on something better than the Switch we have now.
I think they would if they felt it wouldn't affect sales. if anything, they'd have to worry more about japan than the west in that regard. but why the fuck he'd think it'll be rated M? because war or some shit

Luxin suggesting this game could be rated M lmao. Dude Nintendo isn’t letting Xenoblade be a rated M game. And then saying the game looks like it’s running on something better than the Switch we have now.
doubt it, we can already see they're conservative with blood in the trailer

edit: although nintendo direct trailers do sometimes tone things down from what happens in actual games so I dunno

I think they would if they felt it wouldn't affect sales. if anything, they'd have to worry more about japan than the west in that regard. but why the fuck he'd think it'll be rated M? because war or some shit
He could be referring to when Takahashi indicated he would like to make the equivalent of an M-rated game, though connecting that to this seems a bit much; that would be a completely different project, if it were allowed off the ground.

He could be referring to when Takahashi indicated he would like to make the equivalent of an M-rated game, though connecting that to this seems a bit much; that would be a completely different project, if it were allowed off the ground.
This was exactly it. He mentioned that game/project, said this wasn't it, but then implied Xenoblade 3 could go in a dark enough direction for an M-rating.

This was exactly it. He mentioned that game/project, said this wasn't it, but then implied Xenoblade 3 could go in a dark enough direction for an M-rating.
yea, nah. unless they want to go all on-screen beheadings with blood gushing from the hole or some shit, this is gonna be as tame as any other T-rated shonen game. there's nothing that would imply otherwise other than wishful thinking

doubt it, we can already see they're conservative with blood in the trailer

edit: although nintendo direct trailers do sometimes tone things down from what happens in actual games so I dunno
Yeah, I remember a lot of Fire Emblem Three Houses trailers showed Seiros killing Nemesis and cradling the sword in the promotion material, but cut out the pooling blood, attack itself, and blood of Seiros's face.

Honestly jumping to Xenoblade 3 being M-rated feels like an underestimation of how dark a T-rated game can get.
The Torna DLC ended with a country being razed to the ground, with Amalthus following it up by slaughtering survivors or using them for Blade Eater experiments.
That's still a T-rating, so a story about war and tragedy alone is not enough for an M.

Huh.
Yeah, that's not exactly how that works. Ratings aren't based on level of darkness, and as such -- while Xenoblade 3 could theoretically go really dark -- going in a dark direction won't give the game such a rating. Of course, ratings can be fickle things, but you can make something really dark without necessarily increasing the rating.

Of course, you clearly know this already, but it doesn't make sense to jump to the new Xenoblade being M-rated.

Not that it's impossible, just less likely than this person seems to indicate.

For Xenoblade 3 to get a M rating it would just need frequent blood red violence on screen.

And that’s something I really isn’t gonna be done for Xenoblade 3. Maybe feature games or whatever but the series didn’t need have it before and doubt they’ll do it here.

I just can’t wait to see more. When it comes to Xenoblade every aspect of creating a game- music, world, battle system, etc is exciting to see.

To all you Xeno people out there who know a lot more about the series than me: is there any indication in the trailer’s dialogue and imagery to suggest if Xenoblade 1 or 2 is a bigger influence on this one? I think realistically I’ll only have time to replay one or the other before this bad boy is out, especially with all the other JRPG action happening this year!

(Apologies if this has been covered I haven’t been able to parse the whole thread just yet)
The locations and themes remind me more of 1, but there's obviously not enough to go on to make a definitive call either way.
Thank you for the thorough reply! I definitely noticed a few familiar sights in the trailer. That’s reassuring to hear. I’m leaning toward replaying the first simply because I like it better, BUT I played Xenoblade 2 before any of its big patches came out, and never played Torna…

Decisions decisions!
But there's your answer. Play Torna!

If it is, it doesnt follow the colour pattern and definitely not that shiny. I hope it meant other thing but it is not a coincidence for sure.
I wouldn't go that far. Mio being the odd one out very well could be just a weird coincidence of her leg posture. It's obvious they tried to do something with her leg.

To all you Xeno people out there who know a lot more about the series than me: is there any indication in the trailer’s dialogue and imagery to suggest if Xenoblade 1 or 2 is a bigger influence on this one? I think realistically I’ll only have time to replay one or the other before this bad boy is out, especially with all the other JRPG action happening this year!

(Apologies if this has been covered I haven’t been able to parse the whole thread just yet)
From what I've seen in analysis videos, it very much appears that one faction is descended from the Xenoblade 1 world and the other is from the xenoblade 2 world. The party also seems to have 2 characters from races unique to each game (Machina and High Entia from 1, Gormotti and Blade from 2). Some of the locations are also apparently mashups, including the logo reveal shot which contains the sword of the cover art Mechonis from one and the cover art Titan Uraya from 2. Prominant party members also appear to be the faction leaders of their respective sides/games. At some point, we also see an NPC that is extremely visually similar to a prominant story NPC from 2 (even having the same voice actor), and hear what sounds like voice lines from Rex, the protagonist of 2. It seems like it's going to be a pretty even mix of the two.

Going for an M rating would serve no purpose. Blood won't make it more appealing to an older audience and having the M rating just potentially cuts you off from potential owners. ESRB is weird. Literally the difference a Teen and an M rating is simply how much blood there is. As a a teenager, no one really believed that the Halo games really should have been rated M but they were because blood came out of the aliens. Recent Halo games and the Destiny series don't have blood simply just to get the T rating.

Sorry for the long post, I'm kinda just dumping various thoughts I've had since the trailer but didn't have the chance to post about until now (working + dealing with post covid fatigue) and don't want to leave not discussing it for too long.

Thought I'd share this that someone else linked me to, since I don't think I've seen it shared here or on Era yet:
xeno3_gormott.jpg

So there's Gormott I guess, heh. I felt like I DID recognize that shape from somewhere but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Also, I haven't seen anyone talk about how there's a number of areas throughout the trailer that seem to be shrouded in black fog, which I imagine is most likely related to the fog king stuff from Future Connected. There's really a lot of them so I don't wanna take a ton of pictures, but they all look kinda like this:

That purple fog is all over the place in the trailer.

Just my own personal thoughts:

I think the two worlds merged sometime after the events of Future Connected. I know some people think it happened during the ending of Xenoblade 2, but my impression was that Klaus simply had the nanomachines that made up the cloud sea restructure themselves into water, and the remaining active titans merged with the landmass that became exposed (Old dead titans) which was below the cloud sea (Which you see a bit of in the beginning of the game when Rex is salvaging). Also, the base of the world tree is still there in the new world as well, and unlike the titans, it can't move (some think the titans all walked through some "dimensional rift" because Azuda mentions crossing a "rift", but he's just talking about a rift in the clouds). So unless the worlds merged in a very non noticeable way (To both the people in Rex's and Shulk's world, and to us the player), then I'd say the appearance of the Fog King is simply the beginning of the merging and snowballed from there. My bet is this will be shown/mentioned in the opening cutscene of the game, so we probably won't have to speculate on this for long.

And when Takahashi mentions the concept/ideas for Xeno 3 came about sometime after Xenoblade 1 and before Xenoblade 2, he's almost straight up saying it came about during the development of Xenoblade X. I really think there's going to be connections to Xeno X in this game, and I think the merged world is actually going to be Mira in the past. For example, take a look at the concept art for Mira:

You'll notice the tall structure at the top, which really reminds me of the world tree (with the top broken off, which basically happens at the end of Xeno 2) and Morytha at the base. To the right you see something that looks somewhat like Alcamoth, and throughout the planet various structures that look like the titan landmasses we see at the end of Xeno 2 and in the Xeno 3 trailer. I always thought it was weird that things from both worlds were there, but knowing the two worlds eventually merged kinda explains the concept art I guess. If Xeno 3 IS the past of Mira then... I'm not sure we can expect a happy ending to the game since we know the survivors basically had to abandon the planet at some point, after almost annihilating each other.

It's already known that there's some really weird interdimensional time stuff happening around Mira (shown in the Professor B quests), and the Fog King/beasts are very similar to the Tainted (And there's a lot of that purple fog around the area the tainted are found in too). I really feel we're going to see this alleged "Great One" Luxaar goes on about, which seems to be the source of the virus that causes the tainted. Maybe info on what the Ghosts are and the relation it all has to dark matter too.

Also, I think we're going to see Gael'gar again, since I doubt he died in Future Connected (I mean, we didn't actually SEE him die). Given he's part Homs and High Entia like Melia, he can easily be around in Xenoblade 3 if he survived the fall.

EDIT: Realized maybe I should spoiler things, just to be safe.

Last edited:
Did a little bit of theorycrafting.

I agree that the world merger probably didn't happen at the end of Xenoblade 1 and 2. I think it was probably some time later. If the merger happened during the ending, it seems like either the Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 landmasses would have been completely separated by the ocean or the Xenoblade 2 titans would have merged into Xenoblade 1's landmass (this option is already unlikely because nothing like it is acknowledged in Future Connected). I don't think either option happened going by that trailer. You've got parts of Eryth Sea mixed with Leftheria's islands. The Fallen Arm is in a wasteland partially buried under rock. The sword of the Mechonis is sticking out of the ground. The Urayan titan is split in half and possibly sticking out of a mountain.

I'm getting the impression the merger was some sort of widespread disaster. An incredibly violent collision between both worlds that likely killed a lot of people. I think the rift in Future Connected is a more likely candidate for the cause, or maybe something else we haven't seen yet caused it.

Last edited:
And when Takahashi mentions the concept/ideas for Xeno 3 came about sometime after Xenoblade 1 and before Xenoblade 2, he's almost straight up saying it came about during the development of Xenoblade X. I really think there's going to be connections to Xeno X in this game, and I think the merged world is actually going to be Mira in the past. For example, take a look at the concept art for Mira:

You'll notice the tall structure at the top, which really reminds me of the world tree (with the top broken off, which basically happens at the end of Xeno 2) and Morytha at the base. To the right you see something that looks somewhat like Alcamoth, and throughout the planet various structures that look like the titan landmasses we see at the end of Xeno 2 and in the Xeno 3 trailer. I always thought it was weird that things from both worlds were there, but knowing the two worlds eventually merged kinda explains the concept art I guess. If Xeno 3 IS the past of Mira then... I'm not sure we can expect a happy ending to the game since we know the survivors basically had to abandon the planet at some point, after almost annihilating each other.

It's already known that there's some really weird interdimensional time stuff happening around Mira (shown in the Professor B quests), and the Fog King/beasts are very similar to the Tainted (And there's a lot of that purple fog around the area the tainted are found in too). I really feel we're going to see this alleged "Great One" Luxaar goes on about, which seems to be the source of the virus that causes the tainted. Maybe info on what the Ghosts are and the relation it all has to dark matter too.

I personally think connecting it to X would start to bloat and convoluted things. Just my opinion though.

The thing that makes it unlikely is that Earth was left mostly destroyed and unrecognisable in Xeno2 after the Conduit experiment in the year 20XX, but it still existed as an astronomical object in space afterwards. X's intro shows Earth being destroyed, literally blown apart in 2054. And it's not like there can be two Earths (?). These two things contradict each other.

Last edited:
Did a little bit of theorycrafting.

I agree that the world merger probably didn't happen at the end of Xenoblade 1 and 2. I think it was probably some time later. If the merger happened during the ending, it seems like either the Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 landmasses would have been completely separated by the ocean or the Xenoblade 2 titans would have merged into Xenoblade 1's landmass (this option is already unlikely because nothing like it is acknowledged in Future Connected). I don't think either option happened going by that trailer. You've got parts of Eryth Sea mixed with Leftheria's islands. The Fallen Arm is in a wasteland partially buried under rock. The sword of the Mechonis is sticking out of the ground. The Urayan titan is split in half and possibly sticking out of a mountain.

I'm getting the impression the merger was some sort of widespread disaster. An incredibly violent collision between both worlds that likely killed a lot of people. I think the rift in Future Connected is a more likely candidate for the cause, or maybe something else we haven't seen yet caused it.

Well, if the universe the fog beasts are coming from is where the conduit went, they definitely have the power source for whatever they used to cause that violent transdimensional collision of worlds.

I personally think connecting it to X would start to bloat and convoluted things. Also Earth straight up is destroyed in XCX while in XC2 it is still around, just heavily beat up and near unrecognizable. XCX can’t be a far future version of XC2 since it's clearly shown that they were from our kind of Earth (with the same countries and cities for example).
Unless the 'Earth' we see damaged in XC/XC2 isn't Earth at all, but is instead a different, yet similar planet where humans first evolved. The 'Earth' in X is then our Earth, and different to Klaus's planet. Mira is the original 'Earth' at a much later point in time, co-existent with our Earth.

Spoilers for a mid 2000s sci fi show follow (Battlestar Galactica).

Sort of like how, in BSG, humanity has settled on 12 colony worlds, and following the destruction of those worlds at the hands of the Cylons, they set out to find the legendary 13th colony: Earth. When they find Earth, it's a nuclear wasteland. Later in the show, the human fleet finally finds refuge on our Earth, tens of thousands of years before our present time.

In XBC, 'Earth' would therefore be both Klaus's homeworld, which splits into 2 universes, merges, and eventually becomes Mira; and Earth would also be our Earth, which enters the story at a much later point.

Calling it now - at the end of XBC3, Homs depart that world and head to their new homeworld: Earth. (half-joking)

Unless the 'Earth' we see damaged in XC/XC2 isn't Earth at all, but is instead a different, yet similar planet where humans first evolved. The 'Earth' in X is then our Earth, and different to Klaus's planet. Mira is the original 'Earth' at a much later point in time, co-existent with our Earth.

Spoilers for a mid 2000s sci fi show follow (Battlestar Galactica).

Sort of like how, in BSG, humanity has settled on 12 colony worlds, and following the destruction of those worlds at the hands of the Cylons, they set out to find the legendary 13th colony: Earth. When they find Earth, it's a nuclear wasteland. Later in the show, the human fleet finally finds refuge on our Earth, tens of thousands of years before our present time.

In XBC, 'Earth' would therefore be both Klaus's homeworld, which splits into 2 universes, merges, and eventually becomes Mira; and Earth would also be our Earth, which enters the story at a much later point.

Calling it now - at the end of XBC3, Homs depart that world and head to their new homeworld: Earth. (half-joking)

I'm struggling to wrap my head around this 😂 but I think I get the gist of it. I just think if X was described as a sub series by Takahashi then it should stay that way. The games being numbered should stand for something.

I'm struggling to wrap my head around this 😂 but I think I get the gist of it. I just think if X was described as a sub series by Takahashi then it should stay that way. The games being numbered should stand for something.
Haha! It would be a little convoluted, but I figure if he is connecting everything, those connections won't be entirely essential to understanding or enjoying the games. Think of it this way:

Earth 1 = Klaus's planet which becomes Alrest. Bionis/Mechonis in a parallel universe. This planet eventually becomes Mira after the two universes merge.

Earth 2 = the world the humans flee at the start of X. They flee to Mira - Earth 1.

One issue with this is the setting for the final boss fight in XBC, which
clearly shows us planets from our own Solar System

Haha! It would be a little convoluted, but I figure if he is connecting everything, those connections won't be entirely essential to understanding or enjoying the games. Think of it this way:

Earth 1 = Klaus's planet which becomes Alrest. Bionis/Mechonis in a parallel universe. This planet eventually becomes Mira after the two universes merge.

Earth 2 = the world the humans flee at the start of X. They flee to Mira - Earth 1.

One issue with this is the setting for the final boss fight in XBC, which
clearly shows us planets from our own Solar System

That makes sense, but if I remember correctly, Elysium (which they thought was Elysium inside the beanstalk) and Land of Morytha are revealed to be American in origin. And Elma and co. also come from America. The Ark has an American flag on it. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
I think my favorite early crazy theory based on almost nothing so far is that Taion's real name is actually T-aion and that he'll be the mystery asshole of the party who knows far more than he lets on. He already stands out as the only member of the main cast without a visible mark.

I just love the theory that Xenoblade Chronicles X has subtly always been the 10th entry in the series and was given to us between the first and second entries

even though it doesn't work, since the America below the XC2 beanstalk is the same America in XCX that gets destroyed

That makes sense, but if I remember correctly, Elysium (which they thought was Elysium inside the beanstalk) and Land of Morytha are revealed to be American in origin. And Elma and co. also come from America. The Ark has an American flag on it. Hmmmm.
You are likely 100% right on this - I can't quite remember the specifics. I just liked entertaining the theory!

I guess there's always the chance some weird cosmological stuff happens which causes worlds to combine and then separate in different ways which leads to Earth 2.0, or something like that; but if there are connections to X I wouldn't expect them to be part of the principal narrative arc we're seeing across XBC 1 through 3.

Switch_XenobladeChronicles3_artwork_05-scaled.jpg
Maybe it's only me, but I think that Lanze is

1) part of the next generation of Machina

2) some kind of Homs/Machina hybride

I think I see where some of the confusion is coming from in regards to the Aionios = Mira theory. The unfortunate part of it all is that most people who don't speak Japanese were never exposed to some rather important information regarding X's story.

This whole post is a giant spoiler for Xeno X so...

First, I want to show that in Xenoblade 2, Klaus says this concerning the Conduit:

"Our world was not the only one. Endless universes coexist, side by side, yet all completely unaware of one another."

At 8:35

So basically, there's more than just the two universes, there an infinite amount of them. So with that in mind, I need to point out that there's a number of short stories that Monolithsoft released prior to the Japanese release of Xenoblade X (This is the missing information I mentioned earlier). They were, however, fan translated which can be read here. In part 2, it says this regarding the White Whale (Moby Dick) when it was under attack 2 years after the destruction of earth:

"However, that did not mean the Moby Dick was safe. A strange planet had appeared before the ship. One that was not marked on the space chart they had acquired before departing the Earth."

Mira just appeared out of no where, basically. They didn't crash on it necessarily because of the damage the White Whale took, but rather because they couldn't avoid the planet due to it coming out of no where.

Further, Luxaar mentions countless times that Mira might be the Samaarian homeworld. This is important, because he also says this when you fight him:

"At the dawn of the cosmos, the Samaarians arrived from another plane."

At 22:25

So if Mira is the Samaarian homeworld, and they came from another plane (Different dimension/universe), then Mira does not exist in the same universe that the characters in Xenoblade X come from. This is why X's Earth can be destroyed while Mira can be the merged world from Xenoblade 1 and 2, and how Mira just suddenly appeared before the White Whale (It was moved across dimensions somehow). While it doesn't prove Aionios is Mira, it's pretty much a fact that Mira doesn't exist in the universe that the White Whale came from, which allows the theory to be a possibility.

Also, the Ganglion arrived on Mira months before the White Whale, and have been trying to escape from it the entire time (There's some kind of strange phenomena surrounding Mira that prevents this, like Mira is stuck inside of some kind of interdimensional bubble). This also shows that Luxaar and crew didn't end up on Mira because they followed the White Whale, and were likely very far away from the White Whale whenever it happened (It was the Ghosts that followed and attacked the White Whale after all).

So I think that helps explain my train of thought on the matter a bit better. There's other stuff in Xeno X that I find super interesting in regards to possible connections, maybe I'll post those later since I'm curious what other people think of them, heheh.

I wonder how complicated Takahashi is going to make this fusion of worlds, will he really spend a lot of time explaining it?

What I'm getting from this is that Dunban and Vanea must have shacked up. =P
I have a Machina child? 😮

I think I see where some of the confusion is coming from in regards to the Aionios = Mira theory. The unfortunate part of it all is that most people who don't speak Japanese were never exposed to some rather important information regarding X's story.

First, I want to show that in Xenoblade 2, Klaus says this concerning the Conduit:

"Our world was not the only one. Endless universes coexist, side by side, yet all completely unaware of one another."

So basically, there's more than just the two universes, there an infinite amount of them. So with that in mind, I need to point out that there's a number of short stories that Monolithsoft released prior to the Japanese release of Xenoblade X (This is the missing information I mentioned earlier). They were, however, fan translated which can be read here. In part 2, it says this regarding the White Whale (Moby Dick) when it was under attack 2 years after the destruction of earth:

"However, that did not mean the Moby Dick was safe. A strange planet had appeared before the ship. One that was not marked on the space chart they had acquired before departing the Earth."

Mira just appeared out of no where, basically. They didn't crash on it necessarily because of the damage the White Whale took, but rather because they couldn't avoid the planet due to it coming out of no where.

Further, Luxaar mentions countless times that Mira might be the Samaarian homeworld. This is important, because he also says this when you fight him:

So if Mira is the Samaarian homeworld, and they came from another plane (Different dimension/universe), then Mira does not exist in the same universe that the characters in Xenoblade X come from. This is why X's Earth can be destroyed while Mira can be the merged world from Xenoblade 1 and 2, and how Mira just suddenly appeared before the White Whale (It was moved across dimensions somehow). While it doesn't prove Aionios is Mira, it's pretty much a fact that Mira doesn't exist in the universe that the White Whale came from, which allows the theory to be a possibility.

Also, the Ganglion arrived on Mira months before the White Whale, and have been trying to escape from it the entire time (There's some kind of strange phenomena surrounding Mira that prevents this, like Mira is stuck inside of some kind of interdimensional bubble). This also shows that Luxaar and crew didn't end up on Mira because they followed the White Whale, and were likely very far away from the White Whale whenever it happened (It was the Ghosts that followed and attacked the White Whale after all).

So I think that helps explain my train of thought on the matter a bit better. There's other stuff in Xeno X that I find super interesting in regards to possible connections, maybe I'll post those later since I'm curious what other people think of them, heheh.

That’s really interesting! Please keep sharing your theories and knowledge 🙏
I’m a firm believer that X is going to be connected to the rest of the series too.

One of the things I keep coming back to is that the Nopon on Mira are well aware of the Monado, Heropon and Frontier Village being part of their distant past, but also consider themselves to be native to Mira. And that Telethia, of course.

I love that even if we’re completely off and none of this has anything to do with anything, Monolithsoft have created these worlds where it’s just as interesting to speculate about the connections between them as it is to actually explore them.

I’m also a firm believer that X is connected to the overall universe. Takahashi already said it on multiple occasions that it is loosely connected to XC1, and that it (along with 1-3) is a single chapter of the entire timeline of the universe.

It is too early to disregard the possibility of strengthening the connection between X and the trilogy. Takahashi’s comment about X being loosely connected to XC1 can still ring true even if they decide to now connect the games in a meaningful way in the newest entry.

Lmao you really have people on the other site tryin to argue that XB2 has a mediocre soundtrack, I know that place tends to have people with very strong(And wrong) anti XB2 opinions but that one takes the cake.

Anyway really excited for this game, I've been combing all the trailers and watching a ton of analysis videos with good theories, but I still fill like there will be a massive wrench thrown in by the 2nd major trailer and I can't wait. Also curious to see how this game plays since there is no way it will play like 2 due to the lack of a blade system, but I don't think they'll just regress to XB1 combat either. The 4 member party and the new methods of sea traversal are really cool and I hope we get an airship and a land vehicle as well

I wonder how complicated Takahashi is going to make this fusion of worlds, will he really spend a lot of time explaining it?

I have a Machina child? 😮

There will probably a beginning cutscene that explains a bit how the fusion happened and gets elaborated as the story goes on. We know that in these games, nothing is as apparent as it seems.

And you better not forget to pay child support, Dunban.

The amount of analysis that the XC3's trailer is getting warms my heart. The XC fanbase keeps growing and growing.

Let's do our best to make it the best selling entry (But let's not go crazy here, we don't want a Metroid Dread level of "disappointing" sales).

There will probably a beginning cutscene that explains a bit how the fusion happened and gets elaborated as the story goes on. We know that in these games, nothing is as apparent as it seems.
I actually expect more that they'll save the explanation of the fusion until the halfway point, or maybe even the final few chapters.

But that's just because I expect a big mid-story twist, followed by a near-end mindblow. Because it's a Takahashi game. If they explain the fusion in the beginning then I wouldn't know what to expect to come later. Dang... that means that's probably exactly what they'll do, huh? 🤔

Lmao you really have people on the other site tryin to argue that XB2 has a mediocre soundtrack, I know that place tends to have people with very strong(And wrong) anti XB2 opinions but that one takes the cake.

Anyway really excited for this game, I've been combing all the trailers and watching a ton of analysis videos with good theories, but I still fill like there will be a massive wrench thrown in by the 2nd major trailer and I can't wait. Also curious to see how this game plays since there is no way it will play like 2 due to the lack of a blade system, but I don't think they'll just regress to XB1 combat either. The 4 member party and the new methods of sea traversal are really cool and I hope we get an airship and a land vehicle as well
I went there yesterday and I saw two Xenoblade threads on the frontpage

1. Xenoblade 3 reveal but when I entered it might as well have been civil war/xenoblade 2 whining thread #2714, with actual xenoblade 3 discussion being tangential at best

2. Thread about how 2 and DE were unplayably blurry and how 3 is going to be unplayable as well

Fuck that shit, never again. Those of you who still bother, I don't know how you can do it...

I actually expect more that they'll save the explanation of the fusion until the halfway point, or maybe even the final few chapters.

But that's just because I expect a big mid-story twist, followed by a near-end mindblow. Because it's a Takahashi game. If they explain the fusion in the beginning then I wouldn't know what to expect to come later. Dang... that means that's probably exactly what they'll do, huh? 🤔

It's pretty much a tradition in Xenoblade to have a beginning explanation as to how the world came to be. In XC1, you got a narration of two titans fighting and ended up wounding each other, their remains ended up as their world. In XCX, you got a narration of the White Whale escaping Earth but get got ambushed forcing them to crash land on Mira. In XC2, you got a narration that people lived on titans because apparently the architect gifted the people titans as the people's new homes. I expect the same thing, but obviously there will always be more to it than what the beginning tells you.

It's pretty much a tradition in Xenoblade to have a beginning explanation as to how the world came to be. In XC1, you got a narration of two titans fighting and ended up wounding each other, their remains ended up as their world. In XCX, you got a narration of the White Whale escaping Earth but get got ambushed forcing them to crash land on Mira. In XC2, you got a narration that people lived on titans because apparently the architect gifted the people titans as the people's new homes. I expect the same thing, but obviously there will always be more to it than what the beginning tells you.
Yeah, true, I just expect the beginning narration will explain the world and nations through the eyes of those living there, in the context of what they know. XB 1&2 did explain their worlds' backstories in the beginning but saved what created those worlds for the ending mindblow. That's kinda what I'd also expect in 3 unless they have a bigger twist in store that makes the "gasp, this is XB1's and XB2's worlds merged!" thing look small by comparison.
Which I actually do hope for.

Yeah, 1 and 2 technically explained the origins of their worlds at the beginning, but in a very mythological way that doesn't really tell you much of the picture. Wouldn't be surprised if a slightly extended version of the "fighting to live, living to fight" speech is what we get this time

Ha ha heck yes more Xenoblade discussion.

most people who don't speak japanese were never exposed to some rather important information regarding X's story.

Yeah, X's localization left a lot to be desired.

This excerpt from Klaus in xb2 is straight from the Monadology, it's a dang near quote of the perpetual infinite living mirrors of the universes
and only the ones that reflect back at each other are aware of and can interact with each other it goes even further than side by side, since in the Monadology monads, and since monads are the simplest building blocks of reality, really everything are psionic rather than physical entities, they can and do literally overlap but are not able to observe or interact with each other unless brought in sync.

Last edited:
This is always the next recommended video whenever I watch the Xenoblade 3 trailer

Makes for an interesting contrast lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom