• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What song are you listening to right now?

Some synthwave from 2019. I'm struggling to find the right way to describe this, but I hope this makes sense:

It's very "Bette Davis Eyes" meets "Boys of Summer"

I know it's uncool to post video game music in this thread but this popped up on my feed and damn this remix goes hard:

Haven't played Strikers but maybe I should.

4IXDNQU.gif

Been revisiting The Mars Volta's self-titled 2022 release. I initially thought it was just okay, but it's really grown on me! It's not Deloused or Frances the Mute but it's lovely all the same. It's like diet TMV, and no that is not a bad thing. The other TMV records take energy to listen to; I can't just throw on all 32 minutes of Cassandra Gemini on and just vibe to it... All the time anyway. Their other records are behemoths, whereas this record is a far more relaxed and digestible experience. There's no sprawling prog rock epics here.

Yet despite that, they've kept their sound intact. At least as much of a sound a band as eclectic as The Mars Volta can have anyway. The Latin grooves and instrumentation, the weird synth and guitar sounds, the odd noises; it's all there. The above track is a particular standout, though the entire record is well worth a listen. It scratches an itch I didn't even knew I had; A Mars Volta record that I can throw on whenever and just vibe to. I've always dreamed of what would happen if a prog or jazz artist took a crack at pop music, and I suppose this record is what you'd get!

No cheap history baby that i don't need
But you learned enough to know the revolution's gonna make you bleed
Gonna see your bourgeoise blood staining my white shirt

Goodnight Adeline, by Green Day.

I like their new album way more than I thought I would. It's the first time I'm fully onboard with their new material since 21st Century Breakdown.

I've fallen into the "First Take" rabbit hole. It's a japanese channel where artist perform a song of their choosing in a minimalist setting, the selling point being that they only have "one take". It's kinda MTV unplugged-ish I guess? It's really cool to see some unique takes on songs I recognise from anime openings and endings though it's not exclusively that, there's also some non-anime songs and even some western artists present!

Nebulous nearnesses cry to me
At this timeless moment someone dear to me
Wants me near, makes me high
I can hear vibrations fly
Through mangoes, pomegranates and planes
All the same
When it reaches me and teaches me
To sigh

Been in a post hardcore mode lately.

I am a puzzle, I am a painting
I am a work of art in the making
Trust in your hand and trust in the process
I am a work of art in the progress

I learned from my flaws and I cut myself open
Glued myself better
Golden; unbroken
Now all I have left is
A handful of hope and
A thousand laments that I can't leave unspoken

I heard this track for the first time like a week ago

I was like "holy shit that's [NAME OF KEYS PLAYER]"

since I was at work I didn't take the time to look it up

looked it up today, and yup, it's [KEYS PLAYER]

see if you can guess yourselves!

I’ve been spinning the new Green Day lately. It’s definitely their best in many, many years. I think the overall quality is a little overstated, but for sure it’s better than any of their output during the 2010s. This song was a grower. Felt a little basic and repetitive but I see the light now. It’s very cool.

I heard this track for the first time like a week ago

I was like "holy shit that's [NAME OF KEYS PLAYER]"

since I was at work I didn't take the time to look it up

looked it up today, and yup, it's [KEYS PLAYER]

see if you can guess yourselves!

please guess...

This song has crack in it, I swear. The entire album is wonderful. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross were the producers for it, and you can tell. It's basically diet Nine Inch Nails ft. Halsey, and I love every second of it.

Back
Top Bottom