• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What song are you listening to right now?

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
How are we on year two of this website without this classic forum thread? I feel like in order to prevent spamming, perhaps a limit of one post a day would be acceptable to all parties? I'll kick us off;

"Raise Your Hands" by Bon Jovi.

"Field (Freezing Cold)" - Breath of the Wild OST.

I'm playing Breath of the Wild right now.

"Where We Used to Be (Title Screen)" - Xenoblade 2 OST

Actually listening to this now

Someone give me some good catchy music that isn't some obscure weird bullshit.

Please.

Disclaimer: Not indicting or complaining about anyone here, but every time I'm recommended music, the result is just kinda... bizarre and only recommended because it's "not well-known."

Like, yeah, I don't know what else to say.

Here's something niche for the thread. A cover of a famous Russian rock song, "chained together", that talks about late USSR. Some choice quotes include "If there are those who come to you, there will be those who come for you, too", "Some words for the streets, while other for kitchens" and "Beyond the Red sunrise a Pink sunset" (originally the sunset was brown to symbolize a potential rise of fascism)
Cool stuff. Weirdly wasn't banned, but I guess government had other issues on their hands.

Please.
"Catchy" is a really hard qualifier. Personally, unless the song REALLY hits, it takes me 3-5 listens to appreciate something. That usually means that my playlist barely ever grows. Nearly every time I watch an anime and when it gets to a new op, I go "this sucks" before going "THIS RULES". Happened to nearly every JoJo song.
I envy people who can get what they're into from the first listen.

Please.

Disclaimer: Not indicting or complaining about anyone here, but every time I'm recommended music, the result is just kinda... bizarre and only recommended because it's "not well-known."

Please.

I don't think catchy and "obscure, weird bullshit are mutually exclusive, but here are some recs

Videotape off of In Rainbows

again

because apparently all I can listen to lately is In Rainbows. OKC might be the GOAT, but damn what a record.

wanted to make a thread about this new album back when it came out but i was just too busy. but this is a killer record. top 3 of theirs for sure.

Normally i listen this when i want to get in the zone doing work, like right now.

My first ever BTS song. I fell into the trap again of listening to people who think popular=bad. I'd never heard a song from them before but I heard this one randomly and was shocked when I shazamed it to find it was BTS. I think it's pretty good.

"It's Gonna Be Alright" by Evan Marien (ft Cory Wong, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson and Zac Zinger).

Please.

if you don't mind some self-promotion i have something for you.

obscure by the nature of no one knows about us yet

weird by nature of we're 2 weird guys

bullshit? hopefully not. it's poppy and catchy (if i do say so myself) and i think you'll like it. and it's even produced by @bellydrum of all people!!!!

Back
Top Bottom