• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What song are you listening to right now?

Bruh what the fuck is this. I know the sample is Nintendo but I can't remember what it's from 😂

Not sure what it is either, but that music is all over social media (tiktok/YouTube shorts etc...)
Ahh, I actually was able to find it out, called "Monkeys Spinning Monkeys" by Kevin McLeod, released in 2019.

Not Nintendo releated after all, but damn I swear it was

Static by Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Thought I was gonna dislike the album it's from, since I'm not big into ambient stuff, but holy crap, was I wrong.

Man, been meaning to listen to more Health. Loved their track with Nine Inch Nails. Also did not expect to see Suzie introducing the song?? I thought I clicked on the wrong video for a seccond haha. This track is pretty good.

Been listening to a lot of local music, and by local I mean NovaScotia/Canadian Maritimes. Listening to a lot of Peanut Butter Sunday. Their new single is a bop and is accompanied by a deep fried music vid. Even for peeps who don't understanding French/this specific version of french I think the music is enjoyable on it's own.

They had this bonkers happenstance where they got to open for Green Day this summer. this completely small Acadian punk band from NovaScotia and they just happened to be at the right place at the right time. Extra bonkers since I know the lead signer a bit and I saw them live earlier that year in like, a tiny venue that could hold like 50 people max lol.

I've probably posted it before but I think this is my favorite piece ever

written by vibraphonist and (co?) band leader Michael Mainieri

the whole record is a fantastic early showcase of the EWI, at the time a prototype/small batch model by Nyle Steiner

Static by Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Thought I was gonna dislike the album it's from, since I'm not big into ambient stuff, but holy crap, was I wrong.
Skinny Fists is a great album, front to back. One of the benchmark post rock albums, and I think it drawing in people who aren't into post rock or ambient music reinforces that.

Skinny Fists is a great album, front to back. One of the benchmark post rock albums, and I think it drawing in people who aren't into post rock or ambient music reinforces that.
I can't wait to listen to the rest of their stuff. So far I've only listened to the first two, but I'll get to the rest in the upcoming weeks.

(Also I have been looking for recommendations so if you have anything in this vein feel free to send it my way!!)

I blame suswave :LOL:

It's usually not really my kind of music but this is song and performance is so weirdly mesmerizing I can't stop listening to it.

Last edited:
Went down the super-cheesy power metal rabbit hole, so I'm now listening to this:

309db266cbdad4f9fac3813480ad23c5.jpg

Not listening... yet, but excited for St. Vincent's new song dropping tomorrow from her next album

Back
Top Bottom