• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film The Super Mario Bros. Movie |ST| But first, we need to talk about Cinematic Universes (Open Spoilers)

Nintendo can offer movie- and TV-style adventures featuring its iconic characters on screens big and small. I'm already starting to follow the movies herе https://ww8.soap2day.day/,
One of my favorites is a film about Brothers Mario and Luigi virushayut at a high price abi vryatuvat princess.Comedy handy cartoon "Brothers Super Mario in the Cinema" was created on the basis of the plot of the same character. First, the heroes of the videogrid appeared on the big screen in 1993, but that project was not a success. It was the first time in the world trying to screen the video. Today there are currently 44 films and cartoons, based on the plot of them - a computer or a videogram
How are things back at the spam bot refinery?

The fun thing about Snow White is that it's actually not very good! The animation is great of course, and while it's a very important movie for obvious reasons, it feels like a short film stretched far, far too long. Boring and forgettable. Disney obviously was still figuring out how to make a feature length animated film, and they'd succeed with Pinocchio, a vast improvement over their debut feature!

As for the Mario movie, I've already forgotten most of it, which is something it has in common with Snow White. Hopefully Nintendo tries to do something more interesting with their next attempt at a feature!
Well remember, novelty is in fact extremely important. The true measure of a film is a product of novelty and quality. A completely derivative and unoriginal movie that's been done 1000 times before will be not entertaining at all, even if perfectly executed.

Snow White was a "good" movie when judge with respect to it's time. Sure, you can judge it by modern standards, but it comes off a bit as rewriting history, since it ignores how it was received at the time. Movies are made for their audience, so it's really their original audiences that are the most important in judging something.

....It's still a kinda boring movie by modern standards though. Just be nice to it.

I have watched the Mario Movie two times, and while the first time watching, it really felt like it did go through a rush. I mean, it was fun, and I almost stood up from my chair in the cinema at some times, but dang, this was fast, but enjoyable. The second time I watched it, I felt it different, like I've seen the movie, and knew a bit to what to expect. But this time, it felt a bit slower, which is weird, since it plays at the same speed. I still liked it, overall a pretty movie.

I do hope Nintendo makes movies on other IP's, like Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Metroid, and eventually make an Avengers-esque movie out of Smash Bros. Yes, I do like the idea of getting a Nintendo Cinematic Universe. I'd even watch Metroid, an IP I don't play, but if it gets a movie, I'd love to watch it anyhow.

Hi friends! Just a heads up to my or any Mexican compas here.
Cinemex it's gonna put the movie again in theaters and I'm gonna see it for the 4th time in cinemas and 6 or so times in general haha.
The most biggest market outside the us for this movie it's about to get bigger!.

Hi friends! Just a heads up to my or any Mexican compas here.
Cinemex it's gonna put the movie again in theaters and I'm gonna see it for the 4th time in cinemas and 6 or so times in general haha.
The most biggest market outside the us for this movie it's about to get bigger!.
If I recall, it was already the biggest Hollywood movie in Mexico by box office, so now it’s going for the victory lap.

If I recall, it was already the biggest Hollywood movie in Mexico by box office, so now it’s going for the victory lap.
Yep already beat No way home and now it's gonna get another boost.
I guess there's nothing for little boys in this sumer break so that's why.

My two-year old is obsessed with Mario and this movie, so I’ve seen it a good number of times now. I still generally like it a lot, but the needle drops are awful. Every single one of them, every single time. They stick out like a sore thumb and the movie would be a lot better if they weren’t there.
The needle drops?

EDIT: Ok, I checked what they are xP I personally don't mind the songs as much as other things but when you look at how many times 80s songs have been used in recent blockbusters in the last several years, yeah, it's annoying.

Watched this about a week ago. Had a good time with it! Really not sold on Mario and Peach's voices, though, which I already knew going in but a part of me was hoping to be surprised. Ah well.

Huh, the movie could have used a few more of those quieter character moments too.

Also, having seen Guardians 3 now, I’m a little surprised No Sleep til Brooklyn was used at the beginning rather than the climax (though I’m still glad the star theme was used instead).

A panel from May with the screenwriter that somehow flew under the radar all this time.

After the first 15 minutes, Matthew Fogel starts talking about Mario:
A few tidbits:
-The goal was to write a script that had enough emotion to sustain a whole movie
-Matthew Fogel acknowledges the criticism about the movie being too fast-paced and talks about it
-There was a year or so during the production/pre-production where Bowser was really just a really mean villain, Fogel compares to a Marvel villain. It didn't feel right, so they eventually added the side of him being more likeable
-They are already looking into stuff for Mario 2

Last edited:
Huh, the movie could have used a few more of those quieter character moments too.
True!
It's not really bad but there is a lack of those quieter moments. I feel if you added like even 5 more minutes of those (carefully placed of course), the movie would've already been way better.
Fogel mentions they kept iterating on the script (and how the movie's script is 90 pages altho he's sure to have something like 800 pages of material total (with all the iterations made)) and how they crammed into 80 minutes something like 105 minutes worth of story beats (the intention being to cram as much as possible). He also mentions they couldn't fit Yoshi into the movie because it was barely hanging together. He also mentions it's the first movie he built from the ground up so he has a special connection to it.

If I had to describe this movie in a single sentence, it would be:

"They understood the assignment".

They got what they needed to do to please Mario fans and be an entertaining kids movie, but they didn't really bothered trying to be anything more than that.

Well, BTS post blew up all over Twitter/Youtube, and the panel got privated.

Let's hope Fogel didn't get fired. Breaking NDAs in this industry sucks so much, you can get blacklisted.

Last edited:
Well, BTS post blew up all over the Twitter/Youtube, and the panel got privated.

Let's hope Fogel didn't get fired. Breaking NDAs in this industry sucks so much, you can get blacklisted.
???
What panel? What bts?

Back
Top Bottom