• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" Becomes The First Ever Video Game Movie To Pass $1 Billion At The Box Office

Famiboards Box Office predictions

c6f22d13-37ae-4002-b72e-f5ab6e88cd8e-jpeg.1289

60% of the expectations now exceeded. Pretty good shot at it moving up at least one more category.

Last edited:
I was underestimating it until the moment I got to my local cinema. There was a huge mix of adult fans and excited young kinds in the lobby, parents taking pictures of their kids next to the Mario cardboard cut-out etc. and I realized this was gonna be big

i was confident on it hitting a billy what do i get? and right on cue, certain sites are coping and seething over this.

60% of the expectations now exceeded. Pretty good shot at it moving up at least one more category.

At this rate, it might really reach the Frozen tier. Colour me surprised if it goes all the way, but stranger things have happened.

Had to go back and see how I voted, but I'm happily content to be wrong having voted along the popular opinion of $700m -$1B.

Universal has delayed the home release specifically because of this momentum; I concur that this is going to climb one more tier at least. It won't unseat Lion King remake now, but give it an arbitrary anniversary reason for a "Limited Theatrical Re-Release" to cross that $1.6B+ mark, and I think it will as long as nothing else comes along for the throne in that time.

Absolutely deserved. At this point, I think it can even reach $1.2 billion. 😎
It’ll reach it pretty easily. Still a lot of money left to make in Japan and the US, not even counting other territories. My guess is it will beat Frozen 1 (1.28B) but probably stop around the 1.3B mark.

It’ll reach it pretty easily. Still a lot of money left to make in Japan and the US, not even counting other territories. My guess is it will beat Frozen 1 (1.28B) but probably stop around the 1.3B mark.
Yes, I also think it can reach and maybe even slightly surpass Frozen, while Frozen 2 is unapproachable. However, the success of Super Mario is stratospheric. 🙂

Didn’t think it would do this well. Congrats nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom