• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

So I was thinking of doing a videogame Fanart/fanwork thread. 2 questions first
  1. If a character's official design can be considered NSFW (think Kaine from Nier Replicant, Goddess of Rot Malenia from Elden Ring or, to keep it Nintendo focused, Dalhia from Xeno2), will that break the rule?
  2. What is considered acceptable enough to not break said rule. This is related once again to official designs, but mostly to the presence of blood in the artwork.

So I was thinking of doing a videogame Fanart/fanwork thread. 2 questions first
  1. If a character's official design can be considered NSFW (think Kaine from Nier Replicant, Goddess of Rot Malenia from Elden Ring or, to keep it Nintendo focused, Dalhia from Xeno2), will that break the rule?
  2. What is considered acceptable enough to not break said rule. This is related once again to official designs, but mostly to the presence of blood in the artwork.
Hey Warlord a fan art thread sounds awesome as long as you have clear stated rules up front. As long as the art itself isn’t distasteful or heavily sexualized you should be fine which could allow characters that may not otherwise be ok. Same goes for blood as well. Famiboards is an inclusive community and in general should be safe to browse in public. Definitely encourage proper spoiler tag use for art that is borderline.

-xghost777, Irene, VolcanicDynamo

As long as the art itself isn’t distasteful or heavily sexualized you should be fine which could allow characters that may not otherwise be ok. Same goes for blood as well.
Based on this I'm guessing even art featuring characters in Swimsuit should be ok long as the art isn't meant to be provocative/sexual and is put under spoiler?

Last edited:
Based on this I'm guessing even art featuring characters in Swimsuit should be ok long as the art isn't meant to be provocative/sexual and is put under spoiler?
Yeah that’s right. Some stuff might even be fine without spoiler tags depending on what it looks like. Encourage people to always use their best judgment with spoiler tags for anything risque. If there are any concerns that come up as the thread runs, feel free to get in contact with us (reports or DMs) and if individual posts are a problem we tackle everything on a case by case basis. In general, most people here know what is acceptable or not, so yeah with clear rules from the outset and leading by example a fan art thread should be fun!

-xghost777, Irene, PixelKnight

Yeah that’s right. Some stuff might even be fine without spoiler tags depending on what it looks like. Encourage people to always use their best judgment with spoiler tags for anything risque. If there are any concerns that come up as the thread runs, feel free to get in contact with us (reports or DMs) and if individual posts are a problem we tackle everything on a case by case basis. In general, most people here know what is acceptable or not, so yeah with clear rules from the outset and leading by example a fan art thread should be fun!

-xghost777, Irene, PixelKnight
Great thanks.
I'll probably make a short OP, not much to say in it. Hopefully I'll be able to launch it within the next 2-3 days.

An update on the Fanart/Fanwork ST
I'm almost done with it and I should be able to post it today or at worst tomorrow.

If anyone would be interested in collaborating on a Tokyo Game Show ST this year I’d be happy help out.

I would make a claim myself but I’m going to be out of town during the event so I won’t be able to really maintain the thread.

Gonna put together a quick Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis (ST) - seems like it could be popular and ripe for discussion (as it apparently is meant to tie into Rebirth etc...) and the game just launched and seems fun enough (though still in the tutorial area) - music is great as always, a fun mix between classic FF7 and Remake orchestral grandeur

Sorry for the bit of a bump but I wanted to claim an ST for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, yet it's only confirmed for 2024 without a hard month in place; is it too early to claim in that case?

Sorry for the bit of a bump but I wanted to claim an ST for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, yet it's only confirmed for 2024 without a hard month in place; is it too early to claim in that case?
yeah believe there needs to be a release date, not just a window

Yeah you need a solid release date that is 6 months or less from when you put a claim in. Once it’s dated, it’ll probably be close enough, so you can come back then.

The OP here has all of the info for making it official, so worth reading through if you are interested.

also there is no bumping. this is an on-going thread. nothing to apologize for (other than not reading the OP :p)

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just make a standard thread.

Last edited:
Due to family reasons, I'm going to have to pull out of the Detective Pikachu ST duties unfortunately - sorry for the late notice.

Would anyone with an interest in graphic design be up for collaborating with me on the Fashion Dreamer ST? While not required, I was thinking that a fashion game of course deserves an ultra fab ST.

Thing is that I 1. can't use Photoshop anymore due to an expired license and 2. is frankly growing quite tired of putting together ST pictures. Also, making an ST with someone else sounds like fun.

It's not only about graphics, of course, we would both be equally contributing to the thread and all its aspects.

Shoot a DM if interested!

Sonic Superstars by chocolate_supra (10/9/2023)
October 17, 2023

This will be my first game ST. I missed Origins and Frontiers due to a hectic 2022, so I think it's time I finally step up to the plate for the blue blur.

Quick question! Would it be alright if I play with the typical ST syntax a bit by titling it Sonic Super|ST|ars, or is that a bit too far?

Sonic Superstars by chocolate_supra (10/9/2023)
October 17, 2023

This will be my first game ST. I missed Origins and Frontiers due to a hectic 2022, so I think it's time I finally step up to the plate for the blue blur.

Quick question! Would it be alright if I play with the typical ST syntax a bit by titling it Sonic Super|ST|ars, or is that a bit too far?
I see no reason why anyone would have a problem with that. The only thing I can think of is if anyone searches by thread title only for it at some point and instantly gives up. But imo, I would expect anyone actually looking for it to try more than one thing to find it.

everybody leaving space for Geoff to post it himself
Geoff when he realises self-promotion isn't allowed on famiboards.com

gamescom-geoff-keighley.gif

I know this is last minute, and I'm really sorry about that, but I unfortunately won't be able to put this together. I've had limited free time to be at my computer lately, and I thought I'd be able to grind to get this sorted in time for launch, but I won't be able to after all. Much thanks in advance to anyone who decides to undertake it in my stead!

I know this is last minute, and I'm really sorry about that, but I unfortunately won't be able to put this together. I've had limited free time to be at my computer lately, and I thought I'd be able to grind to get this sorted in time for launch, but I won't be able to after all. Much thanks in advance to anyone who decides to undertake it in my stead!
i’ll try and get something together tonight/tomorrow. it won’t be pretty but it should do the job.

Did nobody show interest in creating an ST for this year's TGA show yet or am I blind?

There hasn’t been any claims yet, at least.

Back in 2021 and 2022, the TGA threads were a sort of “has nobody done a thread yet?” kind of deal.

You can probably go ahead and claim if you want.

There hasn’t been any claims yet, at least.

Back in 2021 and 2022, the TGA threads were a sort of “has nobody done a thread yet?” kind of deal.

You can probably go ahead and claim if you want.
I think I‘m good. Better for it to go to someone who actually wants it.

Holy fuck, these star topics are the most detailed threads i've ever seen in my entire life like ya'll guys really went all out on making them.

On Friday I posted in General Discussion no one has expressed interest in hosting the next Direct Speculation thread so I said I’d be down to host again and got 15 Yeah!s. It’s Monday now and no else has come forth so I asked @WestEgg and have the go ahead to host.

Nintendo Direct Speculation ST 7 will arrive on Famiboards by 11:59 PM on Wednesday the 27th Pacific Time!

Back
Top Bottom