• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Videogame Fanart/Fanwork |ST| HIRE THIS MAN!!

Warlord

Chain Chomp
WELCOME TO THE VIDEOGAME FANART/FANWORK ST!

Artist: Void_0
Original Post
F3j0YlyWoAACn8S

So in my journey to clear my 3000+ pixix and xitter bookmarks, I discovered some absolutely wonderful works by fans across the world. And I thought "man, it would be a shame not to show this artists works to others". And so here we are

First of all, let's go over the rules
  • CREDIT THE ARTIST! Don't just post an artwork and leave. Make sure to link the post where you found the artwork and the artists Twitter/Pixiv/other profile. (also a reminder, if the artists pixiv profile is flaged as R-18, you will need an account to view it). Whether you also want to include the title is up to you. If you can't find the source of the image, don't post it. And of course, make sure you link to the correct artist. There are alot of reposter out there who don't give credit or just steal artwork. Make sure you dont link something from them
  • Do not post artwork locked behind a paywall (Patreon, Pixiv Fanbox etc)
  • If an artwork depicts an important moment in the story (death of a character, a big reveal, the ending of a game etc.) make sure to put it under spoiler and specify from which game it comes from and what it is about. It's up to you to decide whether the art is a spoiler or not. Just make sure it doesn't ruin the experience for others.
  • If you have alot of Fanart/fanwork you want to post at the same time, avoid making a post for each. Group them together in one post and give proper credit to the artists
  • Do not use this thread and other people's posts as a way to say how much you hate x game or x character design and derail the thread. For example, if someone post an artwork about Xenoblade 2, don't make posts about how much you hate Xenoblade 2.
  • NO A.I ART OF ANY KIND

• REGARDING NSFW WORKS: alot of things can be considered NSFW. Even a character having a small bleeding cut can be considered NSFW. And we all know how some character designs can be. So it is best to be clear about it.

Basically, avoid anything that is meant to be provocative, sexual, offensive or shocking.

Anything else that doesn't fall under these categories but could still be considered NSFW should be put under spoiler. For example, art of characters having fun at the beach while in swimsuits is allowed if put under spoiler.

Artwork featuring characters in their official designs that can be considered NSFW (example, Kaine from Nier Replicant) does not need to be put under spoiler, but if you wish to do so you can. Exceptions apply, such as when a character's official design is them in swimsuits/underwear. in this case, they should be put under spoiler.

In the case of blood, as long as it isn't too graphic (like actually showing the guts or being very detailed) it should be fine.

In any casse, it's up to you to decide if something is NSFW without going against the rules.

To make things easier, you can use the following structure (if you prefer to use another structure, feel free to do so, as long as you link stuff)

- Artist: (name and then link it to the Pixiv/Xitter/other profile)
  • >link to post<
  • Artwork
If the fanwork you're posting is a youtube video, you can just write the name of the artists
If you are posting an entire Twitter post and not just the art/fanwork, there's no need to write other things as it is all included
If it's your own work, specify it. Whether you want to link your Pixiv/twitter/other account is up to you
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE

Q: What counts as Fanart/Fanwork?
A: Basically anything that is not made by the original creators. Wheter it is an artwork or video, fansong or other, as long as the person making it isn't working for the original creators it should be fine

Q: Are there any limitations?
A: Preferably, avoid posting about unreal engine/Unity tech demos, Mods and Rom Hacks. It is best to focus on original content rather than ones made using premade assets.
Additionally, avoid posting things that are tv show/anime/movie originals unless they already existed in some form in the original games

Q: Can we post fanwork commisioned by the original creators?
A: Yes. It is technically still fanart.

Q: what if something was made by the original artist, but not commisioned by the company
A: you can post it as long as said artist was only hired and doesn't work for the original creators

That is all for now. Time to see what wonderful works you will show us.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the Fanart/fanwork thread
Remember to read the rules and if there’s anything that is unclear or you think should be changed in the OP, don’t be afraid to ask
Also, pixiv images are not suported by the site, so if you want to post an artwork that is pixiv-only, the best way to do it is to take the image, post it on twitter or imgur and then copy from there. If pixiv images will be supported in the future, I will make a post.

Last edited:
if you want to post an artwork that is pixiv-only, the best way to do it is to take the image, post it on twitter and the copy from there.
Also if I may, since twitter may fall apart at some point (and already I'm hearing you have to be signed in to even see embeds now), another alternative would be uploading to imgur.com.

They even have a nifty feature that automatically generates the [IMG] BBcode tag for embedding images here on Fami.

Anyway excellent idea for a thread! Here's one of my favorites:

Artist's pixiv
pfEtFDQ.jpg

This artist is fantastic, I found out about her last year.
Aint she just? The lighting and colors just blow me away. That Peach piece knocked me out when I first saw it, her eyes are like magic.

Hungry Clicker (last post above me) is one of my favorite artists on Twitter. Their art is so rad and their speed is wild.

Artist: Yamujiburo/Kiana Mai

Been following her on twitter for a while, she's the author of this cute little Hanamusa (Delia/Jeese) fancomic that is a delight to read

F35fc1ZWoAAhwq0

F35fc1aWMAAG5Q2

Tumblr link to the comic

Seriously give it a read, it's great.

Also, allow me to shamelessly plug myself in:

Before his departure
This is a small oneshot i wrote around the Castlevania 35th anniversary, i always write in my native language (spanish) but tried an edited machine translation as a test - mostly for speed/performance sake in case i decided to translate my big projects. It covers the moments before the original Simon Belmont goes to his fated battle agaisnt Dracula, following the Belmont family's destiny.

Back
Top Bottom