Not quite sure if this would be considered an ST claim, but I will be trying to work on a Disability thread in the near, near, future. I just need some time to prep it and really want to get everything right. Hopefully I'll get it up in the following weeks, but mental health and health issues (irony here) have been making it difficult for me to do so.
While we do have a thread regarding Mental Health, I think having a general Disability thread would be good idea and I just need to gather resources on it and get it started. There'll definitely be overlap with that particular thread (just because of resources and issues the disability community faces, and some of which is a Disability in itself), but I still think it'll be an important overall situation.
We don't really have a general resource for this, so I "really" think this'll be important.
The topics I plan to "try" and cover are:
- Resources for Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and Welfare
- Resources for Financial Help
- Accessibility in the General Public and Resources for Gaming Accessibility (may move this into it's own topic, but plan to include it for now)
- What Disability is and what it means to be Visible and Invisible
- How Mental Health and Disability overlap
- General Discussion and Resource/Questions
I absolutely will need some help with this, I won't lie, but I just really want to do this. I never got a chance to do this on the Era boards and I'd considered doing it for awhile, even since these boards opened, but now I think is the time, especially with the amount of resources people need.