• Hello Guest, the results for the Game of the Year 2022 voting has now been finalised, and can be checked out here

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

Clix

Chain Chomp
Banned
I’m about to go urinate in a corner at Best Buy. Zero communication about there being an issue. They’re just keeping their mouths shut. Ridiculous to not even have a code for Splatoon yet.

Aurc

#TeamPrimeRemaster
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m about to go urinate in a corner at Best Buy. Zero communication about there being an issue. They’re just keeping their mouths shut. Ridiculous to not even have a code for Splatoon yet.
That's definitely between you and Best Buy, and I understand your frustration, but this is the ST claim thread. 😅

Tye

All-around Nintendo enjoyer
Pronouns
they/them
Hmm, that's weird. I know for certain they aren't converting my pngs into jpegs (the image I linked above is a png). Try uploading an image, clicking Photostream (under You, in the top bar) clicking the Share Photo icon on an image (located in the bottom right), going to Embed, selecting Original for the size (from the drop down menu), and copying that code. Then, simply paste that code into your post, and delete everything but the actual link itself.

Here's what that box looks like:

0EJkdmH.png
Ooh, okay, looks like the reason they were being converted to JPGs is because I didn’t select “Original” for the size, so it was resizing them as JPGs, but if I select Original then it keeps them as PNGs at the original size. Cool, thanks!

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
Aww! I really wanted to do the Octopath Traveler II thread :(

I'm guessing it's to early to claim the TotK thread?
Yeah, generally 6 months before. I was going to claim it as well, but saw that and retracted.

Red Monster

Rawr
Pronouns
He/Him
Is anyone doing God of War Ragnarok? I know it isn't a Nintendo game, but it is gonna be one of the biggest games of the year and will no doubt be in GOTY talks. There are enough Playstation users here that I think an ST would be good.

merp

Starman
Pronouns
He/him
I believe I've already done this, but just in case I haven't:

The Legend of Zelda series by @merp (December 2, 2022)
December 2, 2022

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey all, is this the proper place to ask questions when building an ST?
(and if not lemme know if I need to delete the post)
I'm building January's General Discussion ST and wanted to know what the etiquette is regarding plugging other threads in it. I've got links to the discussion threads for some prominent games coming in January (and a couple biggies beyond) and was also wanting to plug the GOTY and Direct Speculation threads which should be out by then. Is it generally acceptable to do so? Should I ask the creators of those threads first?
I've never done an ST before so I wanted to make sure. 😅

Red Monster

Rawr
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey all, is this the proper place to ask questions when building an ST?
(and if not lemme know if I need to delete the post)
I'm building January's General Discussion ST and wanted to know what the etiquette is regarding plugging other threads in it. I've got links to the discussion threads for some prominent games coming in January (and a couple biggies beyond) and was also wanting to plug the GOTY and Direct Speculation threads which should be out by then. Is it generally acceptable to do so? Should I ask the creators of those threads first?
I've never done an ST before so I wanted to make sure. 😅
Absolutely against the rules. If I see one link in your OP, so help me god.

of course that’s ok! That’s actually a wonderful idea, plugging the GOTY threads and whatnot.

big lantern ghost

“Takeba is fatigued…shouldn’t you return?”
Pronouns
he/him
OK, been going back and forth on this for a week or two and have decided to put in a claim and see how it goes:

Diablo IV by big lantern ghost (January 3, 2023)
June 6, 2023

Personally I think it's OK to have an ST for this game (and could try my best to explain why, if that would be useful!), but obviously I don't want to do it if the ActiBlizz connection is going to rub people the wrong way.

When (if) GoldenEye 64 gets re-released, regardless of platform, I'd like to do an ST for it. I already have a very comprehensive GoldenEye/Perfect Dark thread that I've posted on other forums, and it would only need minor updates + taking out the PD section to make it an ST.

Should I post this tomorrow or on release day? :)

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

(not a sphere)
Pronouns
He/Him
Any issue with including a section to collect the friend codes of everyone who wants to play GoldenEye online?
these are common. usually done with a hidden tag [hide]blabla[/hide]to make the list invisible to unregistered users

looks like this

Hidden content is only available for registered users.

Top Bottom