• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

Can anyone help with a side adventure regarding godess statue and eyes?
im doing the side adventure at great plateau and i placed an eye near the statue in the depths but when i went to get another the first one i returned dissapeared… what is the intended way to return them so they all stay down there?
I think the intend way to do it is to transfer them one by one, if you throw an eye down the hole and immediately jump, you will notice the eye disappear in the mid air

Got to Goron City and am cracking up because
Yunobo is now a massive a-hole

I've only just reached Goron City and completed part of the Goron questline.

Yunobo gets better. But I really wished he kept that mask! Gives him some wonderful heel attitude.

I think the intend way to do it is to transfer them one by one, if you throw an eye down the hole and immediately jump, you will notice the eye disappear in the mid air
hm.. i did do them one by one and placed one right in front of the face. Spoke to the statue. Nothing. I brought the next one to the alter at the bottom by the statues feet. Spoke to the face.. nothing?

Thanks for the response! Appreciate any help as i wanted to finish this quest tonight.. Still a but confused hmm

Do we have a list with all the interviews from Aonuma and Fujibayashi? So far I've read the Wired and Game Informer one. Any more?

I will go to Death Mountain this time! I only need to follow this path and it's 5 minutes walking.

Oh! A falling rock!

4 hours later

Where am I?

About 12 or so hours in. I'm very overwhelmed by how gargantuan this game is but really enjoying it so far. It feels great to actually be loving Zelda again. Not sure how it will hold up in the long run as I tend to get burned out fairly quick on open world games but for now it I'm having quite a magical time.

Got to Goron City and am cracking up because
Had the same reaction. Eldin isn’t my favorite region but damn if the Gorons ain’t funny.

Question regarding an area of he game,
Might be an unpopular opinion but I would also say the Depths gets a little same-y after a while. To me it’s mostly a Zonai gadget playground and materials farming area. I also just try to beeline it to the lightroots as much as possible.

With that said, there’s definitely some more interesting areas in the Depths. Think it’s easiest to run into those places by doing the quests.

Had the same reaction. Eldin isn’t my favorite region but damn if the Gorons ain’t funny.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I would also say the Depths gets a little same-y after a while. To me it’s mostly a Zonai gadget playground and materials farming area. I also just try to beeline it to the lightroots as much as possible.

With that said, there’s definitely some more interesting areas in the Depths. Think it’s easiest to run into those places by doing the quests.

At first I really liked the vibe of the depths but the more and more I’ve been down there it just looks the same. I was hoping for some variety in the look of the areas but so far it’s all looked the same that it all just blends into one [\ispoiler]

Finished my first dungeon last night - incredible boss fight. Then I met Tauro for the first time. I'm about to act up.

Also, Nintendo should give me special in-game or real life rewards for continuing to play Ring Fit regularly instead of just playing TOTK.

That is why you invest in stamina, so you can brute force the traversal when you want to haha

At first I really liked the vibe of the depths but the more and more I’ve been down there it just looks the same. I was hoping for some variety in the look of the areas but so far it’s all looked the same that it all just blends into one [\ispoiler]
Yep, I'd say (underground area spoiler) I still love the vibes down there. Legitimately get spooked by enemies suddenly appearing when I light the place up. But I like it more as a resource gathering spot (puffshrooms, bombs and Zonaite are all nice to have) than a world to uncover.

Encountered the dreaded hands for the first time.

Ganondorf must have a sick sense of humor to place them and Phantom Ganon on a memorial site dedicated to the victims of the Calamity.

What a bastard!
That's interesting, because I went to that spot and didn't encounter it there.
I encountered the hands in the castle dock, having previously killed one elsewhere in the castle, so was not prepared for Phantom Ganon to appear when I killed the hands in the dock.

The game does open up quite a bit more after finishing the first (intended) dungeon in Hebra.

What a buildup that was, damn. The grand final of the dungeon didn't disappoint either.

A whole fight done in the air. Nuts.

Nuts.

The fuse solution for weapons and arrows is so good... it's the first time I feel rewarded for fighting in a Zelda game.

I saw a big enemy with a horn made of skulls that I could have avoided no problem and continue my path. However, that horn caught my attention for how much it would improve my weapons. I fought it, I barely count it and after that: +35 attack on my spear.

Also, making the enemies have this kind of pieces being clearly visible on them it's really intelligent. If this horn was a random drop, I wouldnt have be interested on fighting it. Because I saw it, was like the game was telling me: come get it!

Why would I want to fight a random black bokoblin before? I don't know... make some random elixir? Meh. Now, I get a real reward for my effort... because weapons breaking make fighting powerful enemies have a purpose, even more than one time. If weapons didn't breake, I wouldnt care for fighting once I had an already powerful enough piece of monster.

That this works so well for this kind of uses with your equipment makes it even more mind-blowing that it works so well for many other uses in the world. Really crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Just echoing everyone’s praise. I’m having so much fun with this, and playing too much for my own good 😊

BUT the area in the west, with the canyons and the mushroom trees feels quite barren from an activity point of view. I’ve roamed around there a couple of times trying to find something to do, but not really finding much. No caves, no NPCs and almost no enemies. This feels like it’s in pretty stark contrast to every other area, where there are so many activities to engage with. Is it just me? Am I missing something?

Lol you say that now. Just wait til the
Thunder Temple boss fight

Already did it.

It was more challenging managing the hoard during the fight, but I still didn't get hit once by them. They just don't pose much threat. I like that some of them started crawling really fast, why don't they do that normally?

The boss was really fun though, felt like a proper Zelda boss. The shafts of light as a gimmick was perfect. The moment I realized I could use the mirror shield, I had the biggest grin on my face.

Last edited:
The sensor instructions read:
But the sound only goes off when you're actually moving. So don't stop if you want to keep following its lead.

Wait a minute. The sound goes off when you stop moving not when you're actually moving, right? Plus if the sound goes off when you're moving then why you shouldn't stop?
Are my English that bad or it doesn't make sense?

hm.. i did do them one by one and placed one right in front of the face. Spoke to the statue. Nothing. I brought the next one to the alter at the bottom by the statues feet. Spoke to the face.. nothing?

Thanks for the response! Appreciate any help as i wanted to finish this quest tonight.. Still a but confused hmm

You have to put the eyes in his eye holes not in front of him

The sensor instructions read:
But the sound only goes off when you're actually moving. So don't stop if you want to keep following its lead.

Wait a minute. The sound goes off when you stop moving not when you're actually moving, right? Plus if the sound goes off when you're moving then why you shouldn't stop?
Are my English that bad or it doesn't make sense?

The phrase "going off" can mean something is happening. Like a firework going off means the firework was shot. So it's saying the sound only happens when you're moving

Sooooo ... question about the Wind Temple, or rather, one puzzle solution to reach one of those air seals Tulin has to activate with his wind skill.

It's inside the ark, the spot where you have to connect two sets of cogs so that the not moving ones controlling the door start to move and open the gate to the air seal.

What did you folks do to solve it?

I couldn't find an "intended" object for the life of mine. So i ... i just dropped one of those "cart" Zonai objects (one of those flat boards with 4 little wheels on them) from the inventory, checked the size ... it did fit. And then i ... glued that cart in the spot between the cogs and voila, they all moved and the gate was open.

Dunno if i should feel incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid.

Though i love how "both" ways (the stupid and the smart way) actually work. ^^

Sooooo ... question about the Wind Temple, or rather, one puzzle solution to reach one of those air seals Tulin has to activate with his wind skill.

It's inside the ark, the spot where you have to connect two sets of cogs so that the not moving ones controlling the door start to move and open the gate to the air seal.

What did you folks do to solve it?

I couldn't find an "intended" object for the life of mine. So i ... i just dropped one of those "cart" Zonai objects (one of those flat boards with 4 little wheels on them) from the inventory, checked the size ... it did fit. And then i ... glued that cart in the spot between the cogs and voila, they all moved and the gate was open.

Dunno if i should feel incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid.

Though i love how "both" ways (the stupid and the smart way) actually work. ^^
IIRC I stuck an icicle to a stick for a big turny thingy

Ha, that's what i actually did for those levers that were missing the ... "stick"? ... dunno how to call it. ^^

But now that you say it, yeah, i should've shot down an icicle, melt it down to the right size and Ultrahand it.
Oh well, not that i'm short of the Zonai devices in the inventory. ^^

I did this last night and this is what I did, yes. Stumped me and I came back to that one last because I was still in regular game mode so was thinking surely there must be a cog somewhere instead of thinking outside the box and using what was immediately at hand.

Incidentally, there's a chest puzzle in that dungeon that made me laugh because I got it by stitching a bunch of icicles together into a big stick, sliding it through some bars and attaching it to the chest which I then pulled back. I dunno why but it tickled me.

On that note, I get the first two, but using Impa/Geoglyphs as a guideline aren't the last two reversed? At least after telling you to go look at the glyph in Eldin, she then tells you to go look at the one in the Gerudo Highlands. Or am I missing another 'hint' to do the Zora area next?
I'm going to argue game mechanics for why you should do Gerudo last
Sidon's sage power both helps you to reduce heat when it's activated, and it can be used to make the ghibdo vulnerable to damage. Also since enemies level upon number of enemies killed, and the Gerudo mission is focused on killing tons of enemies, you can easily spike the difficulty of enemy camps if you do it early

After around 30 hours I think I've got one thing to complain. For me, the re-use of the BotW map wasn't a good idea, cause I already explored it 6 years ago and don't have the same level of excitement playing the Totk version of it.

After around 30 hours I think I've got one thing to complain. For me, the re-use of the BotW map wasn't a good idea, cause I already explored it 6 years ago and don't have the same level of excitement playing the Totk version of it.

To me, there is not a lot of things that i still could recognize after 6 years.
Yeah there are some parts that i remember, but most feel really fresh.
But it also contains a lot of caves & wells that keep the land ever more fresh.
Then again, they added the sky and dept which is as huge as the land.

Told myself I'd spend like 30 minutes in the depths and it ended up being about 2 hours...

I've found two pieces of the Wind Waker outfit after finding treasure maps marking their spot. I have one more treasure map so I assume it correlates... but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

What a buildup that was, damn. The grand final of the dungeon didn't disappoint either.
Honestly one of the coolest boss fights I've ever done in my life

For me, the re-use of the BotW map wasn't a good idea, cause I already explored it 6 years ago and don't have the same level of excitement playing the Totk version of it
Definitely understand this. Personally I'm just as hyped for the new stuff. I'm a bit jealous of my girlfriend though for playing TotK without having played BotW first. The joy on her face when she learned you could cook peppers to keep yourself warm haha.

the fuse solution for weapons and arrows is so good
Fuse is one of those patented Nintendo game-design genius innovations. Fuse solves both the weapon breakage and inventory bloat in one go. It's so elegant.

BUT the area in the west, with the canyons and the mushroom trees feels quite barren from an activity point of view
It kinda is, though admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time there yet.

I've found two pieces of the Wind Waker outfit after finding treasure maps marking their spot
I really should explore the Depths more. Except the last two treasure maps I found said I'd already found the treasure they were marking. Talk about suffering from success.

That's interesting, because I went to that spot and didn't encounter it there.
I encountered the hands in the castle dock, having previously killed one elsewhere in the castle, so was not prepared for Phantom Ganon to appear when I killed the hands in the dock.

No fooling?

That's brilliant. These different stories are great - and the fact that I now have a headcanon for Ganondorf being a horrifically petty dickhead is something that won't leave me anytime soon.

Honestly one of the coolest boss fights I've ever done in my life

Absolutely, and i'm amazed how good it's "gimmick" worked. In other games, this would've been one heck of a source of possible frustration.
Here? No problem. Everything just works.

Seriously, Nintendo should open that wallet and pay the dev team (inlcuding everyone down to QA of course) a MASSIVE bonus for this game.

Anyone else has the
summons
always deactivated? I just want to be explore this world all alone.

On the overworld and the sky islands, i think that's what i'm going to do.

But boy, even if it's just the "spirits", having companions down in the Depths will give me so much ease on my mind.
I'm seriously creeped out by the Depths ...

Any recommendations for Fuse weapons/shields/arrows? I'm using these a lot:
  • Boomerang+shock fruit: Nice way to safely get enemies to drop their weapons from a distance. It can go through several enemies and even hit enemies twice when it returns. Stalfos arms are good too.
  • Spear+Explosive barrel: Ranged bombs that explode on contact.
  • Shield+Flame thrower or laser beam: Free damage while guarding. Fire does passive damage and can create updrifts for more opportunities.
  • Shield+White jelly: Freeze aggressive enemies that manage to get close.
  • Shield+Dazzle fruit: Startles enemies and makes them drop their weapons.
  • Shield+Puffshroom: Last resort defense, use it to escape or to trigger sneak strikes.
  • Arrow+Muddle fruit: My favourite, instead of targetting and enemy you can drop it between them and affect several at the same time (you can also just throw the fruit with no arrow). Then take out your popcorns and watch the battle royale.
  • Shield+cart: For traversal.
The Fuse system is great, it's made shields much more usable, I love that you can use them as defensive tools, offensive or even for traversal!

Last edited:
Anyone else has the
summons
No way

Tulin in particular is far too useful when exploring to turn off, and being able to alternate between Yunobo and Riju for getting through long rock walls is a god send. Also having homies to save your ass when fighting large groups of enemies is fantastic, and just in general after watching all the BotW memory scenes, it's nice to travel with companions.

Everything just works.
Tears of the Kingdom is like the crown jewel of any programmer's resume. Seriously, "Everything just works" could be its slogan. Ascend never glitches out even though it feels like it should. Ultrahand causes some frame jitters but it never causes the game to implode even if you stick a bajillion things together. Recall has to track the movements of everything in the vicinity at all times, and its range is HUGE. Everything just works as intended, and that makes it incredibly more immersive. It's insane.

Anyone else has the
summons
Absolutely, and i'm amazed how good it's "gimmick" worked. In other games, this would've been one heck of a source of possible frustration.
Here? No problem. Everything just works.

Seriously, Nintendo should open that wallet and pay the dev team (inlcuding everyone down to QA of course) a MASSIVE bonus for this game.

On the overworld and the sky islands, i think that's what i'm going to do.

But boy, even if it's just the "spirits", having companions down in the Depths will give me so much ease on my mind.
I'm seriously creeped out by the Depths ...
I want to deactivate them but the Goron and Rito abilities are way too useful. Especially the Rito ability for exploring. I really wish they were just skills Link could use.

Any recommendations for Fuse weapons/shields/arrows?
I have a shield that's basically for fusing to rockets for whenever I want to get up quickly.

Aside from that, puffshrooms and muddle flowers get a lot of use!

I'm on my way to the second dungeon, but after finishing it, i'll take my time doing some side adventures. So many of them

I have been thinking about the final boss and the ending all day. It has been forever burned into my mind.

That being said, now begins the REAL adventure: messing around with ultrahand.

I'm a decent way into the Rito part of the story and it feels likes there's more narrative and things to do leading up to the dungeon than there was in BOTW. Maybe that's just recency bias but I'm enjoying it a lot.

It's funny, I barely remember anything, I'm running around 90% of the map and it might as well be new to me. Sure the major landmarks are recognisable obviously but moment to moment gameplay wise, it's hard for me to remember anything, and I put 150 hours into BOTW 6 years ago.

Each Shrine has an associated quest from a Korok, two of them were pretty straightforward, but one did require skydiving, maybe you need to get the quest first to open it?
Just to follow up I found the sky island that you can dive to it from, but I didn’t activate the quest or anything. Was able to do it from the island where you get one of the wing suit pieces.

So I've happened upon a couple coliseums in the depths. The first one had a bunch of lizalfos in like 4 discrete waves, which was pretty easy.

The next one had an armored lynel pop out and I said, oh good this one won't have waves. So I lost a bunch of hearts and shields to beat him.

Then a silver lynel pops out. And I immediately noped the hell out of there because I do not want to see what waves 3 and 4 are.

Any idea how vehicle degradation works yet?

Case in point: I used the same metal floating platform for two different purposes. Firstly, to gain altitude and fly to an island higher than me to the northwest. The platform managed the entire time-consuming journey, though the balloon part I used wore out.

I then reloaded to use the platform to try and reach a different island, in the opposite direction, which was at a lower altitude than me so I could glide to it once close enough. This time, the platform lasted far less time, and vanished very quickly once I was within gliding distance of this different island.

I'm assuming the vanishing point for the vehicle was actually triggered by my proximity to the island, because I was able to skip the island puzzle to collect the chest.

these islands are above Hebra, and they're connected by a rail. The idea seems to be you build a vehicle to travel up the rail to the higher island with the chest, but having approached by the sky from a different direction, I simply glided to the higher of the two islands and collected the treasure (a Sage stone, which I've no idea what it does.)

Exploring the little cluster above Hebra has been fun, because while I completed some stuff, there are also enemies, puzzles and items which I can't resolve yet, so there's even more to this game than I've already found.

Question having just completed the tears questline-

When I had viewed the final tear,
the light dragon was overhead, which makes sense. I instantly regretted not having unlocked the nearby tower first to get airborne. However! Within moments a really convenient chunk of rock from the sky landed nearby, offering the easiest elevator up to the dragon when I thought it would be more of a long flight! My question is, was that chunk of rock scripted or random, did it happen to anyone else? I’m aware you don’t have to get the master sword at that point so just wondered. If it was random it was such beautifully synchronicity and made for a very memorable moment of fate giving me a hand for a change!

It's funny, I barely remember anything, I'm running around 90% of the map and it might as well be new to me. Sure the major landmarks are recognisable obviously but moment to moment gameplay wise, it's hard for me to remember anything, and I put 150 hours into BOTW 6 years ago.
I think the only things I really remembered are the way the rito and Gerudo towns look, the oasis at the start of the desert and the location of the northern labyrinth.

Last edited:
So I've happened upon a couple coliseums in the depths. The first one had a bunch of lizalfos in like 4 discrete waves, which was pretty easy.

The next one had an armored lynel pop out and I said, oh good this one won't have waves. So I lost a bunch of hearts and shields to beat him.

Then a silver lynel pops out. And I immediately noped the hell out of there because I do not want to see what waves 3 and 4 are.
I went into this one last night not expecting waves. It took me 15 minutes to beat Wave 3, then Wave 4 came trotting out and I teleported out lol.

Back
Top Bottom