• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Previews The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Preview Thread

mazi

picross pundit

Last edited:
Game is saved; recipe log.

Switch_ZeldaTotK_MediaPreview_SCRN_25.png

THE MAP UI IS DIFFERENT LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it looks cool and I'm normal about UI

just looking at the giantbomb preview, seems really framey from the first minute or so that I've seen of it. more so than what I remember in botw. I wonder if it's just a capture issue though rather than something to do with the game itself

(edit) I really hope this is an issue with the capture because having watched more it looks horrendous at times, like consistent 20fps for multiple seconds bad.

Last edited:
This feels surreal! Nearly two weeks until the release! We didn't know anything of this one month ago and now it's basically all there!

Oh my god this is so much more spoilery than I was imagining. I'll stick to Zeltik and Digital Trends and then summon an ungodly amount of self-restraint.

Seems like everyone was given the same footage to show off, considering it’s shared across multiple videos. So Nintendo is probably fine with showing us this stuff.

With that being said, what the heck are those new abilities

just looking at the giantbomb preview, seems really framey from the first minute or so that I've seen of it. more so than what I remember in botw. I wonder if it's just a capture issue though rather than something to do with the game itself

(edit) I really hope this is an issue with the capture because having watched more it looks horrendous at times, like consistent 20fps for multiple seconds bad.
I'm thinking the same thing. It gets framey in the shadowy cliffside with no enemies around so I'm thinking it's a capture issue.

edit: uhhh nvm lol

Last edited:
Reading Gene Park's amazing write-up, I saw an excerpt which excites me very much to say the least
"During my “Tears” session, I unlocked the entrance to a sky dungeon by timing my 50,000-feet-in-the-air jumps while moving floating platforms around with Ultra Hand. Nintendo representatives overseeing my play said they had not seen anyone else solve the puzzle the way I did. I peered over at my neighbors, who used fans, airplanes and floating platforms to get to their destination. It’s the kind of experience Miyamoto advocated, even though he long ago handed the reins of Nintendo’s flagship series to Eiji Aonuma."

Korok Seeds are indeed back, but when he was talking to the Korok when he found it, there was a prompt that said "log" in the bottom right corner. There probably won't be another 900 of them, but maybe there's a way to properly keep track of the ones you found!

I see some frame drops, damn.

Also, they aren't showing the egg shrine things.
Frame drops suck but there were plenty of those in BOTW too, like in the Korok Forest or if you dared to hit a Lynel in Flurry Rush who was using a Flameblade

I'm seeing a material that's called "Bomb Flower" so far I've only seen it being fused to an arrow but I wouldn't be surprised if we can actually throw this and this is our bomb replacement. Would suck no longer having infinite bombs, but I'm a Zelda veteran so I'll manage LMAO

I'm seeing a material that's called "Bomb Flower" so far I've only seen it being fused to an arrow but I wouldn't be surprised if we can actually throw this and this is our bomb replacement. Would suck no longer having infinite bombs, but I'm a Zelda veteran so I'll manage LMAO
Given that you can throw materials now, that’s almost certainly the case

I see some frame drops, damn.

Also, they aren't showing the egg shrine things.

A previewer for the game said that the choppy footage is Nintendo’s b-roll footage and their experience was smooth. Multiple outlets, including IGN, have mentioned that the demo was smooth.

It appears the new ability icon with the three purple hands is a "streamlined" Ultrahand version, either if you don't wanna deal with it too much or if you don't feel to have the time.

As a sandbox simul, it's a masterpiece clearly. Interesting how they've kept the previews almost solely based on 'figure out something interesting with new mechanics' - If the story is as strong as the core world-building they've created here, it honestly could be game of the decade. Just on a base level, it looks unbelievably fun

Also, Gene Park basically flat out calls something he's seen and actually managed to open up a dungeon.

So i guess the only ting missing is Nintendo officially saying it?

Glad I’m able to enjoy games without micro analysing for slight frame rate drops. I reckon playing and loving 3D games during the N64 era means I’m immune to these things now. Looks awesome compared to Body Harvest, bro! :)

Back
Top Bottom