• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Preview Thread

I won't lie, ever since the final trailer, I now see Botw empty/beta and that game was genuinely amazing.

The gameplay demo and the final trailer definitely gave these vibes, agree.

But trailers can deceive! ;D

So it's nice to basically have it "written down".

Im not looking at anymore of the game until I get my hands on it, but Im still dead curious. What's the general consensus of those who played it? Yay or nay?

Very much "Yay".

this is a good video - you can fire arrows while mid-air AND you can feed Zonai items to a Zonai Dispenser for crafted parts.

No, the icons telling you how to scroll between layers is a dead giveaway that there will be more layers added.
Kind of like the "Extra Game Styles" section in Mario Maker 2, right?

But yeah, there will obviously be a lot of cave exploration considering we've seen it in trailers, commercials and is now being mentioned in previews.

The use of the gacha machines is absolutely fucking genius, I just can't with this game.

What an unbearable wait it already is.

That feels extremely common with Nintendo, I don't quite get it either.
Yeah, itā€™s super weird, right? Iā€™m used to individuals having messed up capture but youā€™d expect the publisher handing out B-Roll to make the game look as good as possible. With Nintendo itā€™s the opposite.

Itā€™s a relief though, because this footage gave the appearance that performance would be worse than BotW to me, since bad drops happened in places that werenā€™t dense. In BotW it was areas with a ton of trees that were more the issue. So, good to hear people acknowledge the capture was bad.

Eurogamer preview:

You can immediately descend after popping up from an Ascend if you notice you can't handle the situation.

Tell me that Descending is going to be possible without directly saying it, huh?

I only watched the Nintendo Life Gameplay and like holy shit, are there many cool gameplay scenarios. Like constantly new ideas here and there, this game is packed. Also Iā€˜m happy that Hudson rebuilding stuff really seems to be a major thing.

Treasure Maps! I guess this is the spiritual successor to the riddles, etc. that were in the BotW DLC.

Did any previews comment on what the different gliders do or show a UI for changing which is equipped? We have seen different designs, right?

I can't believe that after 6 years the "is BotW overrated?" discourse would be settled by Nintendo himself by releasing a sequel that blows BotW out of the water in every way.

image.png

I can't believe that after 6 years the "is BotW overrated?" discourse would be settled by Nintendo himself by releasing a sequel that blows BotW out of the water in every way.

Internet person: "My lord, BotW ... is that even overrated?"
Aonuma: "I will make it overrated."

i'm gonna stop reading and watching but whew, game of the decade for the second decade in a row is coming

Even though there is still a ton of unanswered questions, my main takeaway from the preview event was that it's going to be very hard to go back to BotW in the future.

I knew the game would have framrate drops the moment they showed Ultrahand.

BotW already chugged when using Magnesis in the overworld and Ultrahand is that but just even more intensive on the engine.

One last Eurogamer preview tidbit:

"I already fused a Korok to a minecart"

.... you can fuse people/animals/beings with Ultrahand?

I think Altano on IGN mentioned that generally you couldnt fuse live things with ultrahand but there were ocassions that you could - like hwen they had some items attached to them or so.

@LukasManak22 Gene coming in with the clutch again

I've been saying. I saw frame drops but only in busier segments(bunch of enemies at the camp + explosion). Most of the time it looked stable. At the end of the day, it's a Switch game pushing limits, so performance patches are to be expected in the future.

Back
Top Bottom