• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh I've just realised it's Eurovision on Saturday night. Me and my wife always watch it together and apparently it would be 'rude' if I just sat there on my Switch instead!

Fuck, I had completely forgotten as well. Although tbh the result is basically given this year.

šŸŽ¶ You're fused to me like a tattoo-oo-oo šŸŽ¶

Looking forward to when this thread will reach Direct Speculation levels of ā€œ3 minutes Fami!! 2 minutes AAAHH!!ā€ come unlock time for most of us.

Taking a day off on friday with my overtime credit, I'm ready to go, baby.

Sunday is mother's day in my country but I'm taking my Switch to lunch with my mom lol

Argh I've just realised it's Eurovision on Saturday night. Me and my wife always watch it together and apparently it would be 'rude' if I just sat there on my Switch instead!
Eurovision timing is both a blessing and a curse to me lol a blessing because the build up has been a good distraction while waiting for totk and I am pretty sure most of my algorithms think that is the only thing I care about so it has made avoiding totk spoilers a lot easier. A curse bc the final will cut into my totk playing lol

Talked to a friend who's on the brink to beat BotW for the first time and he just told me he only found 6 korok seeds in total and I am baffled.
How does one only find 6? And for a first timer having that small of an inventory and be close to beat it is crazy to me haha
So I def found over 100 korok seed during my first time, but similarly to someone else's response, I never found Hetsu lol so I had no idea what they were for and had the default small inventory for the full game and I don't even know how many hours post game. Like I even started a new game and still missed him again lol it wasn't until YouTube recommended me a vid of Hetsu dancing that I first knew what they were for and then went on a googling frenzy to try and figure out where he was lol

On where to go when the game starts, I have no idea and I don't think I'll plan for it. I'm just going to drop in and see what catches my eye first. And then second. And then third. Part of the magic for me is not having a plan to start off with.

On where to go when the game starts, I have no idea and I don't think I'll plan for it. I'm just going to drop in and see what catches my eye first. And then second. And then third. Part of the magic for me is not having a plan to start off with.
Playing through BOTW made me feel like I had the attention span of a butterfly. I would start every play session with goals and plans that lasted long enough for me to say "Oh, what's that over there?!?" Every single time lol so yeah, same for me.

The question is not "Where will you go". It's also "Will it be up (to the sky islands) or down (from a sky island)"!

I plan on spending an unnecessarily large amount of time exploring every nook and cranny of every location and letting my curiosity lead the way. I just wanna learn more about the Zonai. I was scanning through Creating a Champion and even the small tidbits in there got me excited.

Last minute speculation (I have seen 0 leaks)

• if there's time travel, nothing to stop you going back to BotW Hyrule (a la Pokemon Gold)
  • the spiky stuff under sky islands is either its own world (like an upside down city with hyrule surface in its sky) or houses environments within the island (why caves are marked as complete - you accessed the inside)
  • Red Dead is supposed to be an inspiration and the carting around NPCs looks like it so what else? I haven't played red dead but maybe you get a zonai revolver
  • I think helping out each champion's people will let them join your 'party' for certain fights, a bit like the divine beasts

God I'm craving for the moment when I see the horizon in front of me and think "okay, now where do I go first?"

God I'm craving for the moment when I see the horizon in front of me and think "okay, now where do I go first?"

The Construct with the giant fused Door-Fan weapon behind you: "Oh, i'll show you where you go first!"

I still baffle at myself that I didn't book any kind of vacation for the game.

I'm just going to play it after midnight unlock, and then I'm supposed to sit at my desk for 4 hours just eager to get home and then I would "only" have the weekend on me and dread when more time away from the game would await me on Monday.

+1 to the "Why TF is Eurovision this year on Zelda's weekend?" (even though it got dated before TotK, I think). I have invited friends home for dinner. Hopefully they don't overstay their welcome and leave the second the Eurovision theme starts rolling with the credits.

+1 to the "Why TF is Eurovision this year on Zelda's weekend?" (even though it got dated before TotK, I think). I have invited friends home for dinner. Hopefully they don't overstay their welcome and leave the second the Eurovision theme starts rolling with the credits.

Zelda and ESC are a perfect fit. Both had an "Epic Sax Moment" in recent times!

I declined an invitation to a songcontest party (I don't care for it anyway, but with nice people around it can be fun).
So my social status is taking a hit for TotK.

ToTK week!

So we finally got settled in the new place. My consoles have been disconnected for well over a month (seems like forever), but this weekend I was finally able get some last touches done and my game room up and running.

I still have stuff to add, but now I can play on the TV again! I finished off RE4 Remake last night. Felt great to be gaming in front of a TV again. Especially in the new space.

But now a realization has hit me. All this chaos has made the past month fly by. Now my slate is relatively clean, and suddenly four days seems like forever.

What is everyone doing to kill time until this Friday? Besides posting on Famiboards of course.

I'm just going to play it after midnight unlock, and then I'm supposed to sit at my desk for 4 hours just eager to get home and then I would "only" have the weekend on me and dread when more time away from the game would await me on Monday.

I feel ya. It sucks. I did try though. I started a new job and turns out I can't book PTO until July. Gonna wake up super early on Friday to get a big session in.

I also have to a two day family in-law gathering this weekend. Real bummer.

The first thing in doing when I'm free to explore Hyrule is to see what's up with Tarrey town... I need to know... are they safe? Are they all dead? Did they float in the sky and become a heavenly paradise?

Fingers crossed for option three...

What is everyone doing to kill time until this Friday? Besides posting on Famiboards of course.

I have Spy x Family and Paper Mario: The Origami King as my major time killers, but I will also try to squeeze in spring cleaning here and there. So much pent up energy, and also more free time during the evenings, now that I don't spend hours on YouTube essays.

Greetings.

This is the last Monday ever without Tears of the Kingdom.

There will never again be a Monday without Tears of the Kingdom being officially available to play or purchase in some way.

Monday

"Boss, I'm not feeling well. Doctor said it's an acute case of Zonaitus. Kinda expect to be going up and down all day with these symptoms."

I wanted to go revisit Kakariko or Hateno first but on the way I will spot so many things that it will get me couple hours to get there. I will also probably just go up and down to the sky and Hyrule multiple times, just like Miyamoto with the trees.

Iā€™m just hoping they make ā€˜Link bought a house in BotWā€™ canon, and then give a comical reason for why he doesnā€™t still own it in the sequel.
From the size of the boulder and structures that falls from the sky in the trailers I see many reasons why he could don't own it any more.
Maybe I should check THAT first.
Then search for Bolson.

All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy

All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy All work and no Zelda makes Jack a dull boy

HEEEEEERREE'S LINKY!!!

I'm most curious to see if fang & bone is still around and if it (hopefully, though there is no reason to expect this) has been expanded into a larger settlement, but I'd have no clue where to begin with tracking it down lol

otherwise I will probably generally head for Hateno if I'm not following the main story right awayā€”I probably spent more time chilling there than doing any one other particular activity in BOTW

I'm gonna try find my boy Kass (if he's in the game) and see what he's up to ^^

I like that idea. He could be anywhere though lol

On that note, I am super curious about WTF is going on at Rito village and above it in general. I wonder if Kass is caught up in whatever that cloud vortex thing is.

I don't plan to beeline it anywhere, but if I drop anywhere close to it I will definitely be moving in that direction.

Dear Retailer where I ordered the collector Edition.
Please send me the game already on Thursday, so I donā€˜t go crazy.

Thank you.

Including the presumed starting island cluster though, my very real very first thing I will do is to check out the huge concave structure that we've seen in so much pre-release footage now. Soooo curious about it!

Playing through BOTW made me feel like I had the attention span of a butterfly. I would start every play session with goals and plans that lasted long enough for me to say "Oh, what's that over there?!?" Every single time lol so yeah, same for me.

Yeah BOTW was incredible in that regard. No other game managed to replicate this since.

Revisiting botw has me continually feeling that bombs were a weird use of stasis. They're so oddly sat next to the durability systems and a shortcut (albeit risky for self-damage) to combat, mining, and in general, creativity / out of the box thinking. Glad to see the return of bomb flowers! If we get bombchus too somehow I'll lose it.

Yeah BOTW was incredible in that regard. No other game managed to replicate this since.
The incredible part is that they did it so organically. The game was never shouting at you with quest markers and whatever - when you spotted something interesting on the horizon and wandered over, it always felt like it was your idea.

I remember going to the Walmart in my area and I walked in at like 3pm when Arceus released (wasn't working for a couple weeks) and they opened an entire box of copies in front of me, I think I was the 1st person to buy it there.

This is why I never even bothered pre-ordering TotK.

I forgot that I preordered a collector's edition until it charged my card over the weekend

tbh I'm prob gonna cancel it and just get the amiibo... I wish it had some more oomph, pins don't do it for me

Itā€™s crazy to me that we donā€™t know the exact review embargo time yet

I vividly remember having an exact time to anticipate Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 reviews (and if we go by those, it would be as early as tomorrow morning for TOTK!!)

Like are we just gonna start being surprised when they randomly roll in lol?

If we are lucky, tomorrow we are getting Ask the Developer - Part 1, and embargo for reviews probably on the 11th (I will not watch that though).

What spots are you all headed to on the surface first to see how they've changed??

Gunna be tough not to beeline it for the Forgotten Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom