• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all, were are you going to go first once we're off the starter island? Any place on the overworld that you're dying to revisit? Or any specific island cluster in some of the trailers that has caught your eye? Or do you just want to see the hole with the lasers asap?

I'm dying to see the top of that huge stack of islands that are blocky and rises vertically as far as you can see. I'm going there first. No one can stop me, and I love it.

I want to check on Koko and Cottla. And I hope she has become master chef Koko.

Y'all, were are you going to go first once we're off the starter island? Any place on the overworld that you're dying to revisit? Or any specific island cluster in some of the trailers that has caught your eye? Or do you just want to see the hole with the lasers asap?

I'm dying to see the top of that huge stack of islands that are blocky and rises vertically as far as you can see. I'm going there first. No one can stop me, and I love it.

Like most of Fami, going to see what changed on the Bridge of Hylia.

Straight to the desert. As a child of 80's movies, it's only destiny that I see what's going on with that quicksand.

I might go towards Kakariko and Hateno and check in on how Paya, Impa, Purah, and maybe Robbie are doing.

Salutations.

This is the last Sunday ever without Tears of the Kingdom.

There will never again be a Sunday without Tears of the Kingdom being officially available to play or purchase in some way.
This alone makes me so hype. Like imagine starting Friday, there will never be any other day in the world from that point where TotK will not be available to play. It's kind of philosophical if you think about it.

Salutations.

There will never again be a Sunday without Tears of the Kingdom being officially available to play or purchase in some way.
Is it you who made the same post yesterday or the day before, I don't remember ?

Salutations.

I propose to change the way we count years from BC and AD to BTotk and ATotk.
So technically we're living in year 1 BTotk and in Friday we will enter a new millennium.

I might go towards Kakariko and Hateno and check in on how Paya, Impa, Purah, and maybe Robbie are doing.

Really want to check on Purah and see how she's doing. I have so many questions surrounding whatever remains of the Sheikah stuff (the elevator, the spool, Zelda's new pad) and suspect that it has to do with her.

At the risk of being the "boring" choice, this is probably me as well. After making some headway there and doing some shrines of course, I'll probably hit Rito Village since that's the first main story component I did in BotW.

So curious to visit Lurelin and the desert soon after, though.

this whole "TOTK will get points docked for being on the switch" discourse is so dumb...
Nah, throughout the entire history of gaming “handheld” games have consistently been under appreciated critically (it’s easy to see this with a MC comparison, I recall seeing that somewhere on Installbase). Like it or not, bias towards hardware power does exist, even outside of game performance considerations.

I’m not saying this is likely to affect TotK, of course, but it’s worth acknowledging different types of common bias when making score predictions. (For example, Party games, racing games, sports games, fighting games etc. pretty much never have a real shot at GOTY due to genre bias).

It depends where we start. I mostly end up going where my attention is caught in the horizon. That being said I hope we can gear up early to go in the snowy sections.

Don't really know if I should cancel my Walmart preorder since I'll be over in NY at the Nintendo store where they'll probably have a CE I could buy. I did want the wall scroll though :/

I want to make sure Tarrey Town is alright. (Partially because I'm interested to see how that will work considering Tarrey Town was an optional quest. Will it be official BOTW canon even if you never did the quest?)

One thing I haven’t noticed in life is that the older I get, the quicker time seems to go. So why is it that every minute feels like a damn hour at this moment in time 😂.
I am literally counting down the minutes and using my switch as my countdown clock. 96 hours to go for me via my Tokyo Pre-order download!

HSLdFz7.jpg

I honestly try not to make too much plans and just go with the flow. Like I did in BotW.
Distractions are everywhere anyway.

Regarding "old" Hyrule I am most curious about Floria bridge, river, falls and all the ruins around this area.

Please tell me that’s not a spoiler? ^
are you adressing me? If so, no that's no spoiler at all.
Haven't seen anything from the game since the game leaked.

I just loved that area in the original and there were many Zonai ruins there, so I am kind of curious if anything changed.

Edit: ah, I see. You mean the "old"? In that case also no, I just meant everything from the surface area that we know already from BotW.

the great plateau

Woke up to the wonderful news that Best Buy can't authorize my CC that I have saved and used there for nearly two years to process my CE order. When I try to update the payment, I get stuck in a verification loop. Tried calling them and their payment dept is closed. I have 24 hours since 3 AM EST today so looks like I won't be getting the CE :(

I just plan to go in the direction the game nudges me towards, with the occasional detour of course.

I’ve thought about this a lot. I might go where the game tells me, but I am curious about those “dank caves”. Also want to see how Hateno and the music there has changed. It was my favorite music in BOTW.

I was away from home during the last couple of days, but now I am pre-loaded and ready to go.

I have been able to avoid all sorts of spoilers so far. Here's hoping I can keep it like that for another five days. I am not even aware of what the trailer that got everyone hyped had to show.

I'm not a guide person, but I went ahead and preordered the guide. I'm glad it doesn't come out till the middle of June.

I figure it'll just be a fun thing to flip through once I am fully done with the game and I'm sure that my kids will also enjoy it as well.

I’ve tried to come up with an answer but to me it’s an impossible question to make up my mind on. We have speculated and theorized about this game for four years now from everything to the smallest bits of the cave paintings to how the overall story and gameplay loop will occur along with ever table scrap of information in between. So my answer is I want to go everywhere at first. I just want the answers, and I want them all now!

Edit: My inner child has completely an impatiently taken me over now.

Last edited:
I’m just hoping they make ‘Link bought a house in BotW’ canon, and then give a comical reason for why he doesn’t still own it in the sequel.

I do hope the Hebra region is filled with more interesting stuff in Tears because it was.. pretty disappointing in BotW.
Gotta admit, it’s true. It’s a mysterious-looking area from a distance, but in the end it felt fairly nonessential. I did enjoy shield snowboarding and the snowball puzzle, thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom