• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
buh buh buh it’s gonna be the same map with nothing new!

There is so much still to show from this game. The fact that they still haven’t announced the title says a lot.

Yeah, the scope of this game will be absolutely crazy. BOTW's original map+floating islands+possibly the underground+new overworld areas judging by Aonuma-san's words.

What comes to mind is either an expanded continent (or new one?) or like subterranean areas like caves and such.

That's a cool idea but Zelda has the full Triforce herself in the end of BotW, it's not split like it has been in WindWaker and Twilight Princess.
That’s somewhat debatable and I lean towards that not being the actual case.

The Triforce has only been shown to live within someone in instances where a piece is complete, but the whole is not. Otherwise the Triforce is a physical object. In Zelda’s case, it seems unlikely she possessed the full Triforce for a variety of reasons. The Triforce parts can seemingly be inherited, though it seems more likely they are just finding the most fitting host of the current time, which happens to be Link or Zelda usually. If a piece is shattered, then it is also a physical object, but that’s getting off topic.

Anyway, I’ve always believed that Zelda’s sealing magic is not the full Triforce, and the Triforce imagery associated with it is just imagery, not the Triforce itself. Zelda either is projecting the Triforce of Wisdom alone (similar to the end of Ocarina of Time when she holds Ganon back) or is channeling Hylia’s power, who invokes the Triforce in her religious imagery.

That’s somewhat debatable and I lean towards that not being the actual case.

The Triforce has only been shown to live within someone in instances where a piece is complete, but the whole is not. Otherwise the Triforce is a physical object.
Except for in the Downfall Timeline where the Royal Family has possession of and uses the full Triforce 👀

I would love to see a proper sci-fi Zelda

give me rocker girl Zelda

yrjJJmX.png

In every shot they've shown in the skies Link looks like this.

z0dinM2.png

In every shot they've shown on the ground Link looks a little more familiar.

jg0xIHC.png

So what's the deal? And if the world expands beyond the ground and sky, where exactly can you go?

Undeground; where you play as Zelda 😎

In every shot they've shown in the skies Link looks like this.

z0dinM2.png

In every shot they've shown on the ground Link looks a little more familiar.

jg0xIHC.png

So what's the deal? And if the world expands beyond the ground and sky, where exactly can you go?

Undeground; where you play as Zelda 😎

What about the clip of Link running towards the sunrise/sunset, isn't he in ripped garments there? Unless that is on a floating island

I hope it’s like castlevania and the entire game flips and there’s another dark world above the floating islands.

I'm interested in this idea of verticality. Aonuma and his team did really well with traversal options in BotW, and Monolith Soft was working on it, right? I'm not a Xenoblade fan, but I do like their ideas about verticality in XCX and think that was implemented quite well from what I've seen. This is promising.

To me, BotW's best trait was traversal, and it's one of the best games in general for traversing the world in a way that is fun and engaging. I don't expect the team to miss on expansion of the world and how to get around it.

It turns out in the 100 years since the Calamity, the rest of the world has advanced to where they have guns and airships.

What about the clip of Link running towards the sunrise/sunset, isn't he in ripped garments there? Unless that is on a floating island
This?

unknown.png

Definitely in the sky.

Pay attention to the E3 trailer and you'll notice; they show a few shots of Link in the sky, then a few shots of Link on the ground, then one final shot in the sky possibly showing you the ability the lets you access the sky from the ground. Seems very intentionally structured in that way.

zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2.large.jpg

Kinda looks like a floating islands to me. Clouds on the horizon instead of more landscape, and that structure in the distance looks close to what we've seen in the sky:
155438-games-news-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-trailer-release-date-and-more-image5-rjzc4vyd6q.png

I'm really beginning to think there is a second map of some sorts in addition to the ground, underground, and sky. A magical realm of some kind, not just layered on top of the original map.

Going to space would be crazy too and I'd love it if that happened. Give Link a mech to explore space lol.

I wouldn't mind a different continent to explore. We know other towns and cities exist in the Zelda universe like Holodrum and Termina.

Shot in the dark: some kind of online component. The world extends into other players' experiences.

Breath of the Wild 2 is actually a loot based multiplayer live service game. Time to grind out Water Temple runs for a 1% chance to earn a legendary Kokori Sword +2.

Subtitle guess/idea/spitball: "Heart of the Machine"

Does the thing where the title counterparts BotW, where "heart" parallels "breath" as indicative of life, while "machine" contrasts against "wild." Title refers to Link and whatever cyborging he's got going on there, and potentially whatever the Ganon abomination is. "Machine" would probably be replaced with whatever the proper noun for his condition is, "heart" could be replaced with another related term, but you get the idea

9ab.gif

Seriously, bring more shit from the Downfall Timeline into the Child or Adult Timeline (specifically the Child Timeline in this case).

Also:

I really wish I wasn't the first one to come up with this fan theory of mine that the story will partly be about forging a new Master Sword (the one that we see many of the Downfall Timeline games that has the red hilt to it).

Though I would rather honored if that is the case, even if I'm "just that one guy" yelling from the mountain tops, haha!

I remember a "leak" ago that talked about 4 maps

Hyrule composed of sky + ground + underground

A "Dark realm" where you played as Zelda using BOTW1 moveset.

OR (and this is a bit more realistic)

The sky + ground maps are playable with Link and the (very deep) underground map is with Zelda, you cannot switch inmediatly (there must be some places) but whatever you do on the underground can have consequences on the ground and viceversa. Some puzzles/sidequests will requiere the use of both characters. Ground Hyrule will have caves but they will not be very deep, think Skyrim or Witcher 3.

EDIT: Underwater sections will be part of ground map.

Last edited:
Yeah, underground is the most likely guess.
Second one would be underwater.
Third one could be a new dimension?

I hope this is something very ambitious because otherwise its gonna feel let down im just hoping real bosses,dungeons and items are back

moved posts from the thread about aonuma's comment to this thread, as both threads were talking about the same things and this is a general thread to speculate and talk about non-major updates and news for the game before its release.

Ancient Link in the sky in the past
Regular Link on the ground in the present
Zelda underground in the future

idk I'm not Aonuma

I can't be the only one who thinks having segmented off areas in this game and different play styles for different areas is completely opposite to the idea of the first game? If you can't go anywhere and do everything from the start without borders, or if I have to switch between characters with different movesets to access different parts of the game I would be very disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom