• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Strategy Games |ST| Romance of the Unicorn Tactica

MissingNo.

Squirtle Squad Leader
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to Famiboards’ official home for everything Strategy Games! Strategy is a bit of a niche genre in comparison, and I have gone back and forth on whether an ST dedicated to it would be sustainable. But as our community keeps growing and video game companies keep working on reviving the genre, I have decided now is the right time to finally give it a chance.

In this thread, and I cannot stress this enough, all different flavours of Strategy are welcome to be discussed! Real Time Strategy is especially prominent on PC, with series like Age of Empires, Anno, Command & Conquer, StarCraft, and XCOM, some of which have also gotten installments on consoles. Turn-Based Strategy ranges from pure Strategy Games like Advance Wars to SRPG blends like Disgaea or Fire Emblem, to large-scale affairs like Romance of the Three Kingdoms, while games like Into the Breach mix Turn-Based Strategy with Rogue-Like. Some Strategy Games have you arrange your units on grids. Others will let you maneuver them without such limitations. Some will have you handle individual units, while others have you handle entire battalions. Some are closer to Chess, while others are closer to Risk. You get the point: the Strategy genre is so diverse, there is bound to be a flavour for everybody.

Recently, the genre has seen somewhat of a resurgence between Fire Emblem’s increasing popularity and remakes of classic titles in the Advance Wars, Front Mission, and Tactics Ogre series, but also with new games inspired by classics, such as Triangle Strategy and The DioField Chronicle – and even games like Minecraft Legends. It seems like we are currently living in the best of times to be a fan of Strategy Games, with even more on the horizon. And that is an exciting prospect!

Most of these games and series don’t have a dedicated place to discuss them. Which is why in this thread, I want to invite everyone to talk everything Strategy. And yes, even edge cases like 13 Sentinels, where RTS only is but one small part of the gameplay, are more than welcome to be discussed here.

Want to discuss one of the Strategy Games that has its own ST in more detail in their respective threads? I have compiled them in a handy list below. Keep in mind that ST for older releases tend to see little to no activity nowadays, but you might still be curious to check them out to see what others thought about those games at the time of release. In case I missed any, which I might have, ping me and I will add them! I aim to keep this list continuously updated.

And at last, here’s a list of upcoming Strategy Games to watch out for. As with the ST list, in case I missed something here (which, let’s face it, I almost definitely have), ping me. This one I also aim to keep updated.

As always, bring the positive vibes, and have fun discussing everything Strategy!

Last edited:
This is an amazing ST idea.

Despite not being super great at them, I've always liked strategy games. Spent a LOT of time playing the original StarCraft, which I loved. A shame it never got a sequel hahahaha
Hmm, a thread that might be of interest.

Question:

What about Fire Emblem Heroes talk in here? Okay or nah?

Hmm, unless it has changed a lot since last time I played, I found Heroes decent, though sometimes it felt more like a puzzle game than a strategy one. I remember getting Into The Breach vibes from some of the extra modes.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be okay.

Oh, there wasn't really any other option in the question i've asked. See, i asked Okay or Nah.

You know...

CYL_Nah_Awakening.png

Nah.

;]

I am currently working on finishing my FE: Engage playthrough. I have Chapter 21 coming up next, but I also have a ton of Paralogues to go through – especially when also counting the DLC ones. But I keep chipping away, and Etie has become an absolute beast ever since I promoted her to Sniper. Just crit after crit after crit. MVP.

I fell of Engage directly before the final map/battle of the main game ... didn't even play the DLC.
That game was such a letdown, i don't think i ever return to finish it or the DLC.

Makes it even more annoying that they're now slowly adding Engage units to Heroes ... and many of them are broken, and/or come with skill fodder you defintely want to have for other units...

But i am looking forward to the all but confirmed Holy War remake. Hoping there's some changes here and there.
Curious how people will feel about the game, from what i remember the maps are huge compared to other FE games.

Also, Unicorn Overlord Collectors Edition is already preordered.

I hope XCOM 3 doesn't collapse when I slapped 1350 mods on it like 2 does.

Also I hope Civ 7 has mod support closer to Civ 5 rather than 6

Into The Breach is tactical gaming perfection. I love how it constantly makes you wrack your brain on how to use your measly 3 units to protect the area from the invading kaiju. And you’ll often have to give up something, whether human lives or special facilities, just to ensure you make it through the day. Engrossing stuff.

Another strategy game I played this year was 13 Sentinels, but I didn’t think that aspect of its gameplay was particularly notable. Pretty amusing that it’s also “mecha vs kaiju” though.

As for PC games… I’ve actually been playing They Are Billions on the side. I think the campaign mode falls flats on its face, but playing individual missions is an addicting balancing act between building up your resources, fortifying your stronghold, screening for infected and hunting down zombies so the swarms get more manageable.

I really like the genre and i have a own Folder for them on my Switch. But as a working family father my time to delve into a game is royally flushed right now...

I'm always looking for good e-shop sales on the genre. Not that i could really play them. But hey, i'm really glad to collect them all for future use :D

My genre king is Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and Tiberium Wars: Kanes Wrath. Young me played them hundred of hours. Personally, Advance Wars is kind of Nintendos Version of C&C.

Switch has actually got me more into strategy games now thanks to the portability!

I have a copy of Tactics Ogre Return but the talk of it being hard has put me off ever starting it. It does my have difficulty settings does it?
Tactics Ogre: Reborn doesn't have any difficulty settings, no.

I really like the genre and i have a own Folder for them on my Switch. But as a working family father my time to delve into a game is royally flushed right now...

I'm always looking for good e-shop sales on the genre. Not that i could really play them. But hey, i'm really glad to collect them all for future use :D

My genre king is Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and Tiberium Wars: Kanes Wrath. Young me played them hundred of hours. Personally, Advance Wars is kind of Nintendos Version of C&C.

GIVE.ME.TIBERIAN.SUN.REMASTERED!

Before Mario Wonder I was on Wargroove 2 and I was having an absolute wonderful time on it, after Mario I will most certainly play a heck lot of it.

It's still a bit rough around the edges, could use some Qos / QoL changes - in animation, control panel etc... But overall it stays true to its core : tactical game, that requires really to think about your moves multiple times. Some have been distrubed by how the first was "hard", but it just stays true to the advance wars way of displaying challenge.

Also, a bit surprised on how Engage is received here. It's my Game of the Year so far, pretty much solely because it holds the best map of maybe... The entire series ? Ok, the chara design is dull, the side activities are really bad (hopefully you can dodge them easely, and they don't last long), and the scenario is so bad that it somehow becomes good (like "the room" good)... But on expert settings with permadeath, it holds juste the right amount of challenge, and every level is interesting to play. The power curves is really weird, but it feels soo good ! Trully, one of the very very best tactical game I have ever played, just because the game system is good, the map design is brilliant, and the challenge properly designed, both rewarding and variated.

Also, a bit surprised on how Engage is received here. It's my Game of the Year so far, pretty much solely because it holds the best map of maybe... The entire series ? Ok, the chara design is dull, the side activities are really bad (hopefully you can dodge them easely, and they don't last long), and the scenario is so bad that it somehow becomes good (like "the room" good)... But on expert settings with permadeath, it holds juste the right amount of challenge, and every level is interesting to play. The power curves is really weird, but it feels soo good ! Trully, one of the very very best tactical game I have ever played, just because the game system is good, the map design is brilliant, and the challenge properly designed, both rewarding and variated.
It's a little divisive here, but I almost entirely agree with you
I didn't manage to get the CE and I am still pissed about it.
It's still up for preorder on Amazon if you want! That's where I'm (hopefully) getting mine

Also, a bit surprised on how Engage is received here.
I'm not done with it yet, but so far, while I think the story is utterly forgettable, the characters are very so-and-so, and the side-activities and social aspects may just as well not be there, I really enjoy it in terms of strategy gameplay. And ultimately, that's what I'm playing it for.

It's still up for preorder on Amazon if you want! That's where I'm (hopefully) getting mine
Not in Germany, at least not the Switch version. I would have loved to get it for the card game.

Not in Germany, at least not the Switch version. I would have loved to get it for the card game.
If the conversion rate isn't bad, could you preorder the English version from the American site? The card game alone sold me on it, just shortly after I swore off CEs.

Before Mario Wonder I was on Wargroove 2 and I was having an absolute wonderful time on it, after Mario I will most certainly play a heck lot of it.

It's still a bit rough around the edges, could use some Qos / QoL changes - in animation, control panel etc... But overall it stays true to its core : tactical game, that requires really to think about your moves multiple times. Some have been distrubed by how the first was "hard", but it just stays true to the advance wars way of displaying challenge.

Subjective thing, but i am the complete opposite regarding the "good" things in Engage.

Maps are good, but are wasted by either being rushed by the whole opposite army from turn 1, or with an insane amount of reinforcements from all sides.
Heck some maps even have both of this shit.

And don't get me started on maps with absolute shit ass gimmicks. (Yes, i'm looking at you, glacier map with avalanches.)

The Engage system is cool ... in theory. But the execution in the game made me actually MISS the monastery and how unit management was done there.
You need it for skill inheritence, for promotion, and for their active/passive skills.

Yet some of the Engage-Lords basically suck ass, while others are so good, you'd want them on every unit.
You also get way to little skill points for the permanent skill aquisition that you legit can't experiment. You gotta set up a plan and go with it.

Same for the flying castle thing. It was like IS couldn't decide to actually make it useful but somewhat annoying, or a non-issue but useless.
It ended up being useless and annoying.

Engage feels like they took the wrong input from Heroes, made them worse and put it into a mainline game that was meant to be a celebration of the series anniversary.

For me, the game fell flat on every single area.

Great topic! Seems like a great place to talk about Berwick Saga, which I played for the first time a few months ago. For those who don’t know, it was a PS2 strategy game directed by Shouzou Kaga, the creator of Fire Emblem, after he left Nintendo. It never released outside Japan but has a very, very good English fan translation which is what I played.

It’s a really cool game in a lot of ways. It draws a lot from Fire Emblem, but with a number of key differences that set it apart - notably hexagonal tiles and alternating player and enemy actions instead of square tiles and separate player and enemy phases. Both of these changes (as well as a number of other alterations, such as countering only occurring if the enemy misses) make the player feel much more on edge compared to Fire Emblem, as it's much more difficult to simply make a formation to protect vulnerable units, or rely on defensive tactics and countering in general.

I really love a lot of the decisions this game makes, both in terms of gameplay (giving each character a unique set of battle skills that make them each distinct, making every unit useful and encouraging using different units for different situations, a large variety of different objectives for missions, having optional bonus objectives to manage in main missions as well as dividing the game into bigger story missions and smaller-scale side missions) and story (having a very grounded story focused on complex political machinations and complicated morality, fleshing out the world and characters with side stories throughout the game, and integrating story and gameplay in a very strong way to make the player feel like a tiny army up against a vast empire, as well as feeling the daily cost of a long, drawn-out war). I also absolutely love the gorgeous sprite-based visuals and the excellent soundtrack.

It's even fascinating to see how the game incorporated some of the same ideas as Three Houses 15 years earlier, including a home base you return to in between missions with a lot of areas and NPC's to visit, a restaurant where you can get temporary buffs for your characters, and an affection system for recruiting units. Of course, the game is a lot more obtuse with most of its systems and there's a lot you'll probably miss out on if you play it without looking anything up, which can be frustrating. But this didn't bother me too much - the bigger issue is that I desperately wish the game had easier difficulty options, because it starts out reasonably hard and then keeps ramping it up until it gets downright excruciating by the end. There were a few points in the second half where I nearly dropped the game because I thought there was absolutely no way I could get through some of these maps — although I can say that at least it's balanced enough that with some extremely precise strategies (and a decent amount of luck) I was able to push through. It does let you save after every five turns during battle, as well as letting you keep multiple saves so you can even go back to earlier in a battle if you screwed up badly, but while this was definitely nice to have, it didn't change the fact that some of these maps are incredibly frustrating.

In the end I came away with some pretty mixed feelings. With just a few tweaks (cutting down on enemy reinforcements, making ballistas less accurate/overpowered, reducing certain enemies' defense/avoid) I think Berwick Saga would easily be one of my favorite strategy games of all time. As it is, I still like it a lot, but some of those maps, especially in the latter half of the game, are so long and so draining that it’s going to be a long time before I feel ready to revisit it. It’s a shame that it seems unlikely to see any kind of remaster, and even less likely to ever get localized into other languages, not only because it could benefit from the aforementioned difficulty options to make the game more accessible, but because even without them it’s still a real hidden gem that deserves to get more eyes on it.

Last edited:
If the conversion rate isn't bad, could you preorder the English version from the American site? The card game alone sold me on it, just shortly after I swore off CEs.
Actually, I just managed to find it at another retailer! Don't feel bad about splurging on this at all, the OST is bound to be excellent as well.

Didn't feel like I was going to get it at launch, but I'm actually quite excited for P5T. I had figured I'd get it in a sale for PS4, but Switch is now my only console for the time being (womp womp) so I might be playing it on that. I'm feeling very spoiled for Tactics and Strategy lately.

Also, a bit surprised on how Engage is received here. It's my Game of the Year so far, pretty much solely because it holds the best map of maybe... The entire series ? Ok, the chara design is dull [...]

A lot of people here really enjoyed their time with it back in the ST if I remember correctly. I totally warmed to it despite thinking the story was so-so and embarrassingly told, and I actually find the characters and their designs pretty charming! Gameplay-wise, I thought it was great fun, and I'm looking forward to replaying it for the DLC when there's a quiet period.

With Engage, I thought that the customisation around the ring emblems was really good, and the battle scenarios were a marked improvement on everything since Radiant Dawn. But the new characters were forgettable, as the focus on a god-being player avatar and then the legacy heroes meant that the faction leaders were third in line for focus and then their troops a distant fourth after that. Add the story being simplistic, the campaign an immediately cliched linear march around a dull, ring-shaped continent through pleasant grass land, warlike fire land, aloof ice land and party desert land, and ridiculous cut scenes, and it all added up to a mixed bag for me where everything about it is forgettable apart from that I loved the battles. And as they make up a significant part of FE, I’m ok with that. Not the worst FE, a long way from the best, but with some great ideas to carry forward. I’d rather the series continued to experiment than grow stagnant after 35 years.

It’s rare for me to see a year where the latest Fire Emblem wasn’t in my top five games that year but I think that just speaks to how strong 2023 has been. Advance Wars Reboot Camp was also excellent, mostly as the original games were!

Into the Breach I think is one of the strongest strategy games of recent years, so is Triangle Strategy. Diofield Chronicle I still haven’t played- I keep meaning to pick it up.

Can’t wait for 2024 and both Unicorn Overlord and the remake of Front Mission 3.

Last edited:
you have https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/unicorn-overload-collection if you desperately want it, ships to europe but won't be cheap.

Subjective thing, but i am the complete opposite regarding the "good" things in Engage.

Maps are good, but are wasted by either being rushed by the whole opposite army from turn 1, or with an insane amount of reinforcements from all sides.
Heck some maps even have both of this shit.

And don't get me started on maps with absolute shit ass gimmicks. (Yes, i'm looking at you, glacier map with avalanches.)

The Engage system is cool ... in theory. But the execution in the game made me actually MISS the monastery.
You need it for skill inheritence, for promotion, and for their active/passive skills.

Yet some of the Engage-Lords basically suck ass, while others are so good, you'd want them on every unit.
You also get way to little skill points for the permanent skill aquisition that you legit can't experiment. You gotta set up a plan and go with it.

Same for the flying castle thing. It was like IS couldn't decide to actually make it useful but somewhat annoying, or a non-issue but useless.
It ended up being useless and annoying.

Engage feels like they took the wrong input from Heroes, made them worse and put it into a mainline game that was meant to be a celebration of the series anniversary.

For me, the game fell flat on every single area.
Well, I love the game for pretty much everything you describe here xD. I love Engage because it forces me to make choices, and it's always on the thin edge. I must actually really think my way through the game, and many maps I left with the feeling that I somewhat broke the way it was supposed to be played, but never it meant that I didn't deserved to win this map.

The way they handle the Engage mecanics, how it's given, really makes something "click" in the core design of Fire Emblem, because it really give a "tempo" to play around. Like to me, a really good tactical game must give something to learn and master around the geometry - otherwise it's just glorified RPG - but also the time constraint. And Fire emblem tried many times to balance the "time" constraint but the powercurves were more often than not "always full", minus some "Biorythm" mecanics and transformation in Path of Radiance and Radiant dawn but..

Here, the challenges are absurd (permadeath X expert mode). But the tools given to solve them also are. But they are not permanent, so you must find a way to balance this out, before eventually it comes back. Sooo... What kind of insane combo will you be trying to pull through ? Fire emblems feels super rewarding, because with everyone that loved the game we compare our strategies, and all we came with different approach. I went with "Anna the Luck Hypercarry", milking her passive. And it gave me good results, but also some struglles, and I have incredible memories on some maps - and something to discuss with my brother, who have been going the "Kagetsu and friends road", character I barely even used.

They embraced that design so much they actually give you like 4 or more character EVERY MISSION. the roster is a neverending clown car, with some bad guys becoming good guys with the dumbest justification it's more than funny. And trully, the more I think of it, the more I cherish this game as one of the best ouf here, juste because of that : the game gave me an incredible tool box to play with, but threw the hardest challenge it could. It was never easy, and I had to find MY way of going through it. And in the end, it's been 7 months now since I completed the game, and I maybe remember every mission it has. I cannot say the same about most of three houses or fates, for instance - and triangle strategy has really ups and downs.

Nice ST. Alsothe remake of Romance of the three kingdoms 8 is coming early next year, and if KT follow the same formula from the remake of atelier Marie it's going to be way more accessible

I am not really a fan of tactics games with Fire Emblem and FFTA being the exception, I can usually do a Fire Emblem game at the rate they come out, but man there is just something about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance that I have a constant play through every year.

I know it’s not as popular but I wish we would get more merch for that game/series!

I am not really a fan of tactics games with Fire Emblem and FFTA being the exception, I can usually do a Fire Emblem game at the rate they come out, but man there is just something about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance that I have a constant play through every year.

I know it’s not as popular but I wish we would get more merch for that game/series!

Same, I love FFTA a lot and would be happy for another entry. Hell, even a Tactics Advance Collection since I managed to lose my carts. :cry:

Did anyone here play Diofield Chronicle on Switch? It’s currently on sale here for under £20 so I’m considering picking it up.

Last edited:
If I was to play a Fire Emblem, is Three Houses a good one to start with? On Switch this is.
TO me, it's a good game, but not representative of what the Fire Emblem usually does. The emphasis on characterisation is way too heavy, "usually" most Fire Emblem games are way less about characters but more about actual tactical rpg.

I mean, you HAVE to be invested into its some of its character to like Three Houses, because at most you will spend 50% of the game actual experience to "tactical rpg", and 50% to do something else. In most other Fire Emblem, it's just "random hero and some friends vs Evil" and it's 90% TRPG and 10% blend story you forget about in a blink of an eye.

In Three Houses, you like Petra because of its shady backstory, SYlvain because he's actually way deeper than its foolish attitude, Hilda because she annoys you but in the end she has somehting to prove...

In every other, you love the thief because he steals stuff and lockpick your way out, you archer because it shoot stuff from a distance and oneshot pegasus, your myrmidon because his evades and critic rates... And that, that is true love.

Did anyone here play Diofield Chronicle on Switch? It’s currently on sale here for under £20 so I’m considering picking it up.
I did, finished it but not the DLC.

Basically it's a great injustice Square did not give everything the games needed. It's way too rough around the edges and the game balance is just off : just pick someone to group eveyone in a tight spot, unleash Area of Effect spells, win.

It's like they didn't even tried to balance it out, and it's just blatlanty there, you cannot play as if it wan't jsut the most effective way to play.

Other than that, it has the greatest intention, like the chara design is actually good, they really tried to pull a story here, and the music is not bad but... Everything is just to rough. I know some that really enjoyed it for what the game is trying to do, but it really fell short to me and most of the people I know.

I did, finished it but not the DLC.

Basically it's a great injustice Square did not give everything the games needed. It's way too rough around the edges and the game balance is just off : just pick someone to group eveyone in a tight spot, unleash Area of Effect spells, win.

It's like they didn't even tried to balance it out, and it's just blatlanty there, you cannot play as if it wan't jsut the most effective way to play.

Other than that, it has the greatest intention, like the chara design is actually good, they really tried to pull a story here, and the music is not bad but... Everything is just to rough. I know some that really enjoyed it for what the game is trying to do, but it really fell short to me and most of the people I know.
Ah fair enough, thanks for the write-up!

Redemption Reapers was another one I had high hopes for but read a ton of reviews that put me off. Did anyone else play that?

Same, I love FFTA a lot and would be happy for another entry. Hell, even a Tactics Advance Collection since I managed to lose my carts. :cry:
I am lucky to still have my carts, but I wouldn’t say no to an advanced collection.

Anyone have any experience with Civilization VI on Switch? The base game is currently 80% off on the eShop right now. Just wondering if it is worth getting.
I have only played it for a couple of hours (turns out I'm still not the biggest Civ fan), but from what I played it ran well on Switch.

Can’t wait for 2024 and both Unicorn Overlord and the remake of Front Mission 3.
Forgot that was happening! I still have to buy and play 1st and 2 though.

Hope we get at least that FFTA Remaster that showed up on a Steam Database leak, iirc.

Good timing as I just started playing Advance Wars for the first time.

It's an amazing game honestly and up there with Pikmin 4, TotK and Mario Wonder as top tier releases this year for me. 2023 is such a treat! Sadly I feel like the game flew a bit under the radar because of the unfortunate release timing...

Good timing as I just started playing Advance Wars for the first time.

It's an amazing game honestly and up there with Pikmin 4, TotK and Mario Wonder as top tier releases this year for me. 2023 is such a treat! Sadly I feel like the game flew a bit under the radar because of the unfortunate release timing...
Playing it through again really reminded me just how tight the core gameplay is. Every unit meticulously balanced against each other in cost, and each map carefully weighted in terms of who can get to the factories and cities first, and teaching you each unit’s strengths and weaknesses as you go. A nice mix of big pitched battles and tight scenario play too. Into the Breach is similarly elegant in a different way- the rpg elements of SRPGs tend to allow wild player builds that can brute force levels (and it’s that team building that makes them addictive and rewarding), but both ITB and AW largely require you to work with what’s available with a very limited amount of customisation.

Holy shit, I can't believe I forgot to mention Pikmin.

Edit: Fixed, you didn't notice anything.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Civilization VI on Switch? The base game is currently 80% off on the eShop right now. Just wondering if it is worth getting.
Played like 200h on PC and 150 on Switch: it's really decent but you kinda have to play small scope and standard to fast speed to get the best from it.

Large and slow games, that I love on PC, takes forever to load... And since everything is subdivided on its own screen, you quickly end up with an unholy amount of micromanagement to do, while on PC everything would have been easier with just few clicks and every info displayed.

But actually, having more screen to micromanage make you pay more attention to the little details, and you get more "sharp" playing with this or that aspect of the game. Like placement of units, how to handle quick skirmishes, caravans... It's a great "pocket version" of the game, the one you use for "quick" games - or to try this civ or that strat.

Actually it's the version I did most of the campaign with, and it was very pleasant.

Great ST idea!

You should add in "Chronicles" on the end to cover Valkyria Chronicles, both 1 and especially 4 are some of my favorite strategy games of all time. But the title is already pretty long :p

Great ST idea!

You should add in "Chronicles" on the end to cover Valkyria Chronicles, both 1 and especially 4 are some of my favorite strategy games of all time. But the title is already pretty long :p
I was planning on potentially changing the subtitle periodically anyway, so it might happen in a future iteration!

Just wondering if it is worth getting
Don’t get it if you still want to have a life

(But @Threeman is right, playing small scope is the way to go)

If I was to play a Fire Emblem, is Three Houses a good one to start with? On Switch this is.
I’d say Three Houses might be a good entry point if you’re new to tactics games and need to be eased into the genre. If you want something more tactical, I’d honestly go give Blazing Blade on NSO for a spin.

I would definitely love to get all the Final Fantasy Tactics games on Switch

Still hoping Ogre Battle 64 & Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis both show up on Switch Online service at some point.
And still waiting for Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered™ to show up, at some point. There is many wishes for SRPGs fans.

Switch has actually got me more into strategy games now thanks to the portability!

I have a copy of Tactics Ogre Return but the talk of it being hard has put me off ever starting it. It does my have difficulty settings does it?

No difficulty settings but you can rewind time to make choices again whilst in the middle of battle, so fret not.
Also loads of stat boosting cards littered across the maps. It's a point of contention for some long time fans, since sometimes the maps land next to the enemies on the map.

Awesome ST @MissingNo. ! It’s on hold for right now, but I’m currently in the middle of a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance replay. I’ll have to get some posts in here when I get back to it :)

Back
Top Bottom