• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes |ST| You Won't Pass Musou Exams by Just Button Mashing

16d7690330.jpg

Developer: Intelligent Systems, Omega Force
Publisher: Nintendo, Koei Tecmo Games (JP)
Language: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean
Play mode: Handheld, Tabletop, TV Mode
Price: JPY7920, USD59.99, CAD79.99, GBP49.99, EUR59.99
Required Space: 13.4 GB
Genre: Musou
Release Date: 24th June 2022

0581974238.png

After being brutally defeated by the mysterious Ashen Demon, Shez ends up being entangled in a looming conflict surrounding the future rulers of the three nations that govern Fódlan in which will decide the fate of the continent.
As you guide the lone mercenary who was supposed to fade from history, new tales will be written, different from what you already know.

3af6e94b69.png

1ee7cdf606.png

b0edbc19b7.png

f1db071b13.png

95be05b3da.png

6e7130ac1d.png

604c3a8218.png
a83ab89aa6.jpg

Before you engage the battlefield, thoroughly scout the map, take notes of your objectives, select your units and equip them with the appropriate setup. Always think about where to direct them when giving orders so that you can take advantage of the target's weakness.​
98066d785c.jpg

Take control of the battlefield by sending your armies to seize strongholds, defend allies, or launch an all-out assault to shift the balance in your favour. Make use of instant allies switching for resolving situations elsewhere that require your focus.​
46057a6233.jpg

Enjoy a well-earned break at the Base Camp in between skirmishes. It is the ideal location to bond with your allies, train up troops and prepare for future fights.​
79557069df.jpg

Share a nice lunch, help out with camp chores, or go on a leisurely adventure to spend time getting to know your allies. They'll share personal experiences with you as your bonds grow, which will improve their ability to help you on the battlefield.​
87b90027f7.jpg

In need of better equipment or want to test new strategies? Then acquire some shiny new weapons, unlock new classes, or participate in mock battles and training sessions.​
d2192e3fdf.jpg

Utilize the loot from battles to upgrade the camp's facilities. This will make those even more functional, giving more benefits to your party in the long run.​

81e0d53d6a.png
d36a18293f.jpg

Take part in the battle by downloading the Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes demo from the Nintendo eShop. Start this epic tale off right and carry your progress over to the complete game.​
4156d32147.jpg

Receive extra in-game gold or items by having save data from Fire Emblem Warriors or Fire Emblem: Three Houses on your Switch.​
fd597c0a69.jpg

If you have the digital version of the game, you can receive regular visits from a friendly messenger owl outside of your personal quarters. It'll gift you Owl Feathers that can be used to boost your support level with other characters.​
ea93ceb926.jpg

Tap a compatible amiibo figure to receive an in-game weapon or item. Up to five amiibo figures can be used for this per day.​

aeb5bf4666.jpg

If I haven't played Fire Emblem: Three Houses, will I get spoiled by this game?
Kind of. While I personally believe this game can be enjoyed as a stand alone, some of the reveals in the middle/later part of Three Houses do get referenced here and there in this game.

Is there a New Game Plus option?
Based on datamined contents, there are texts referring to this option.

Is there any DLC or a Season Pass for this game?
Surprisingly, Nintendo/KT haven't revealed any yet.

Are level-up stats fixed?
It's Fire Emblem, of course not. As usual, growth rates are class-dependent. However, there is an option to reset and regain the level in the game.

Last edited:
Loving the new character looks. My favorites in 3H were Annette and Ingrid and they're looking goooood here.

Can’t wait for this to arrive in the mail tomorrow, was planning on splitting time between this and AI Nirvana Initiative, but the demo hooked me. Gonna be blasting through Golden Wildfire as fast as possible lol

Starting with Claude just like in 3 Houses. Already did a lot of experiments with the classes in the demo and its really good how they enable you to make different builds even if the character stats doesn't lean that way. Just got a weapon property that gets you a bonus in STR and DEX based on the MAG stat so even the main magic characters can go for a STR class

There’s an exclusive feature for having the digital version of the game?! I wasn’t aware of that. Ugh, why does Koei Tecmo do this shit… Wish Nintendo was the one publishing these Nintendo Warriors games worldwide so that we wouldn’t have shit like that with them. =/

There’s an exclusive feature for having the digital version of the game?! I wasn’t aware of that. Ugh, why does Koei Tecmo do this shit… Wish Nintendo was the one publishing these Nintendo Warriors games worldwide so that we wouldn’t have shit like that with them. =/
kt only publish the game in japan, not worldwide

Quoted by: Tye
Really excited to play the full game after the demo. Very curious if the three paths will create a golden route or not and how the story unfolds.

kt only publish the game in japan, not worldwide
I’m aware, but the fact that they’re published by Koei Tecmo in Japan and thus aren’t actually fully Nintendo-published games is likely why they have these kind of scummy business practices since it’s Koei Tecmo making those calls, not Nintendo. You don’t see that kind of stuff in fully Nintendo-published games (and no, Pokémon doesn’t count—it’s a similar case, being published by The Pokémon Company in Japan rather than Nintendo).

the digital bonus makes no sense, i can't remember any other game giving you frequent in game rewards for picking digital over physical...

the digital bonus makes no sense, i can't remember any other game giving you frequent in game rewards for picking digital over physical...
Right?? It’s such an odd thing to make exclusive to the digital version… =/ At least let us be able to buy it as DLC if we got the physical version!

I’m aware, but the fact that they’re published by Koei Tecmo in Japan and thus aren’t actually fully Nintendo-published games is likely why they have these kind of scummy business practices since it’s Koei Tecmo making those calls, not Nintendo. You don’t see that kind of stuff in fully Nintendo-published games (and no, Pokémon doesn’t count—it’s a similar case, being published by The Pokémon Company in Japan rather than Nintendo).
Yup this on KT. They did something similar with Blue Reflection 2 and Sophie 2 where there are some costumes or bonuses you could only get with the digital prepurchase (and some of them are not available to purchase separately)

Nintendo actually rein in KT. You see their MXT and DlC practices on their games and it is night and day. Obviously, they can't do it completely. KT has their own strategy, too much pressure from Nintendo might damage the relationship.

While we’re on the topic, I wonder if Three Hopes will get any form of DLC. History says it almost certainly will, but the lack of any postgame means the typical season pass will be a pretty hard sell. A story expansion would be awesome, especially if it covers the War of Heroes, but I dunno if the expected sales are strong enough to warrant a development effort of that caliber.

Amazing thread OP! Very well put together!

I am so excited to be play this game!!!
I'm just directly gonna pick up from where the demo left off, I only did the Black Eagles route because I didn't feel like doing all 3 at the same time. XD

Gave in and pre-ordered, so downloading now. Gonna go Golden Wildfire first.

My hype has gone from 0 to 100 for this very quickly after the demo. Ready to roll with the Black Eagles once again.

Praying that we get more support options for Hubert this time round, his interactions with other characters are just too good.

Looking forward to giving this a go. I am not much of a Dynasty Warriors fan in of itself, but I love the licensed spin-offs. Age of Calamity was great and P5S honestly felt more like a Persona game with action combat, more-so than a Musou game. It even had that extra layer of strategy in the combat to top it off too.

While we’re on the topic, I wonder if Three Hopes will get any form of DLC. History says it almost certainly will, but the lack of any postgame means the typical season pass will be a pretty hard sell. A story expansion would be awesome, especially if it covers the War of Heroes, but I dunno if the expected sales are strong enough to warrant a development effort of that caliber.
I'm pretty sure we are getting something, my worries are that the past dlc for all of their most recent musou (incluiding AoC) have been very poor in actual new content and has been more focused on characters / weapons. I don't expect anything like the original HW o FEW but the structure does lend for more story chapters.

Getting my Collectors Edition tomorrow. The demo blew me away and I am looking forward in playing with the Black Eagles again :D. The first few story beats have been good.

Does anyone know at what exact time the game will release?
Iirc Nintendo games release at 00.00 in every timezone right?

Edit:
NVM i'm in LETS GOOOOO

Last edited:
Won't be able to put much time into it tomorrow, depending on when it actually arrives at my door, but Saturday, and especially Sunday I will absorb myself in this entirely.

It's time to fire up some Emblems 😎 Got my copy right now. Finally get to get past the demo checkpoint

Edit: Wow it seems cutscene dialogue can change if you kill
any enemy student. I killed Petra because I recurited Hapi instead and Edelgard mentions her death in a story cutscene after the battle.

Last edited:

day 1 patch
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released June 23, 2022)

General
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game sometimes freezes at the end of an event.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game sometimes freezes when moving from Base Camp to the War Map.
  • Fixed a rare issue where, after selecting a file to save to on the save screen, the screen does not change and progress is blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where progressing certain battles in certain sequences causes the player to get stuck and prevents progress.
  • Fixed an issue where using a Partner Special at certain times causes the Partner Special to not end and prevents progress.
  • Fixed an issue where the switch Lock On target control does not work when controlling the game with the left or right Joy-Con held horizontally.
  • Fixed various other issues to improve comfort of gameplay.

Last edited:
Unless the shipping status can currently not be updated for technical reasons, I might not get my copy today. Bummer.

Edit: Turns out it was indeed false alarm, phew.

Last edited:
Going to ask a stupid question, is the title a FE Awakening reference, specifically the chrom scene lol?

For anyone who wants to know how to recruit enemy students, it's easy to mess up so I'll put the details below:

At the start of a main chapter battle you have the option to use 'stratagems'. They mainly help you on the battlefield but if there's a recruitable commander, theres one that will say "convince (student name)". For me the first ones were Petra and Hapi. If you select these stratagems (and you have a limit on them so pick carefully) when you face the students, a notice will pop up about using a stratagem and you press whatever button it says (for the Pro Controller it's the D-Pad). If you do this correctly, they'll join you once you defeat them. If you don't follow these steps properly, that student is PERMANENTLY dead and unrecruitable. I accidentally killed Petra and managed to recruit Hapi.

Played untill 2 a.m. and finally got to see the rest of the facilites. Good to see batallions help with weapons advantages and also got to see the rest of abilities of the more advanced clasess ,and it's interesting to see some characters have abilities to complement other builds from their preferred class path.

Only managed to play up until the timeskip today. Went with Blue Lions as planned and only had a brief moment of weakness where I considered to go Black Eagles instead.

Worried my copy won’t come in today. Said it’s loaded for delivery but they haven’t provided any new timeframe or information.

I know it already says to in the OP, but if you click on Bonuses in the menu, you can get gold and items if you have a save data of Three Houses and FE Warriors!

Anyone having problems while controlling mages? On Hard, I tend to get absolutely demolished when I play as a mage, which is a problem when there's so many of them on Edelgard's path.

I've switched Manuela and Hapi to cavalier and pegasus respectively which helps some, but I feel like I'm just not using mages right. Even the little footsoldiers chew through their health when you are attacking the commanders.

Anyone having problems while controlling mages? On Hard, I tend to get absolutely demolished when I play as a mage, which is a problem when there's so many of them on Edelgard's path.

I've switched Manuela and Hapi to cavalier and pegasus respectively which helps some, but I feel like I'm just not using mages right. Even the little footsoldiers chew through their health when you are attacking the commanders.
I tend to use magic and the bullet spam (the class acction pressing x) to clear the room before fihgting the commanders, but yeah, its about keeping the distance when playing mages in hard, and you either have to give them some stats item to improve their defence or master the knight class to get some defence if it's available for the character to not die in 3 hits ( for example Marianne does learn def +2 , +4 etc in the knight class path)

Just sunk a few hours into the Golden Deer route, once again affirming my belief that Claude is actually the best character in the game.

While the dialogue and characterisation seems of a poorer quality compared to Three Houses itself, and I'm still not sold on the Shez concept, I'm enjoying the premise and story. It's great to see the ebb and flow of the war for Fodlan properly as opposed to coming in after the timskip and taking all the credit. The plot changes do enough to keep things fresh and I'm enjoying the spotlight given to some of the lesser utilised characters from Three Houses itself.

Combatwise enjoying it too, it retains everything about the first FE warriors which I liked (the troop placement strategising, the pairing up) while adding a proper Three Houses tweak to it all. Plenty of depth to sink into with class changes and weapon crafting too, without descending into a grindfest. I like the way you progress across the map with smaller battles, allowing you the chance to utilise every unit at your disposal and level them up.

Only issue is technically it's...not great, even compared to Age of Calamity. And the camp exploration sections feel like you're walking through syrup. Even so, really enjoying so far. Could be my fav Nintendo Warriors game ever if it keeps this up

I never played the first FE Warriors, so I don't know how it compares, but I love how this one has a more tactical feel than Age of Calamity/Hyrule Warriors. I've had to be careful with who I send to battle and where I place them. I'm spending a lot more time in menus than I expected, but it's a nice way to balance out the gameplay's repetitive nature.

Nice to see they kept the invert physical/magic property in the weapons, now I can really test in actual battles mages in a physical class

I realize it’s early, but has anyone figured out how New Game+ works in Three Hopes or if there are unlockable difficulties above Hard?

I realize it’s early, but has anyone figured out how New Game+ works in Three Hopes or if there are unlockable difficulties above Hard?
Haven't heard about how NG+ works yet but Maddening is a difficulty option

Playing on classic mode, one thing that amused me was the prompt "X Character is in trouble!"

Me: oh no don't die! Gotta heal fast!

sees they still have over half of their health left

Oh, never mind.

I am enjoying the game so much! It's like literally Three Houses, but with Musou Gameplay.

The plot is enjoyable in the same way Triangle Strategy's was to me. And TriStat is my GOTY (for now), so this is just an all round amazing experience for me!

The fact I can enjoy a game that reminds me of TriStat, but this time with the cast of my all time fav game is just .. /chefs kiss

Chapter 5 Black Eagles

So I made it to the end of the fight without any issues, but then Byleth appeared. I had everyone go at her, but then Petra just... suddenly died? No warning that she was in trouble? Can Byleth one-shot people? Man that's frustrating. Replaying this will be a pain. I'll only send Shez after her next time.

Back
Top Bottom