• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

My wife and I finished Rebels yesterday and we loved it. It really picks up in the second half, but we enjoyed the first half plenty.

After rewatching the Ahsoka trailer it's pretty clear that this is going to be Rebels Season 5, there are even shots from the Rebels epilogue recreated in the trailer.

Needless to say we're very excited for Ahsoka tomorrow night.

...Live-action!Hera I will get used to soon enough, but Chopper is friggin' perfect and blood-thirsty, as always!
They made it really easy for me to get used to live action Hera by casting Ramona Goddamn Flowers.

Just finished the last couple Mando episodes so I’d officially be “caught up” for Ahsoka. Pretty fun season overall. The ending was nice.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

HE'S IN STAR WARS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

DAVID TENNANT IS IN STAR WARSSSSS

Those were two fun episodes.

I didn't realize Ryder Azadi was voiced by Clancy Brown, it's awesome they got him to play Ryder in live action as well.

I was also surprised to see Jai briefly, looks like he's the Senator for Lothal in the New Republic.

We saw it in the trailers, but I'm happy we got a fun sequence on Lothal's signature endless highway to nowhere.

The live action Lothcat was adorable, I hope it stowed away on Ahsoka's ship.

Sabine was great, her live action actress is fantastic. Hera is growing on me, she's good, it's just a notable difference compared to the original character. I liked Ezra's actor too, so hopefully we actually get to see him return this season.

Chopper is the GOAT as always, I hope we get more of him.

It was interesting that Hera was in the Phantom and not the Ghost, I wonder if they're saving the Ghost for some sort of mid-season set switch.

I'm also very curious about the other galaxy plot, I wonder if they're setting up even more EU things with that.

And finally, where is Zeb? I have to assume he will show his face in this show, since his model in The Mandalorian was too high quality for a 30 second cameo.

LOVED the first two Ahsoka episodes, as a massive fan of Rebels Filoni is doing that show a ton of justice, as if there was any doubt he would.

Overall, it's nice to have an intriguing storyline be the primary focus. Much as I like/love the other SW Disney+ shows, a lot of the plot in those is fairly surface level, or in Andor's case quite character-driven. I love that it's adding lots of new lore to the mix too, the whole journey to another galaxy is a very cool new angle.

The series looks stunning, the production design is excellent and most scenes are just beautiful to look at.

Great action, loved the sequence of the Phantom tailing the hyperdrive, Chopper flinging it onto the ship. Is it just me or have they made his dialogue more recognisable in this series? I could almost never pick out what he was saying in Rebels.

Sabine and Hera are great. Ahsoka is decent enough. I'm not really a Clone Wars fan so don't have a ton of attachment to the character. I'm glad they gave her a tad more personality here than how cold she was in Mando/Boba Fett. Joking around with Huyang in the first ep, smiles here or there, banter with the Lothcat etc.

Zeb is top 5 favourite Star Wars characters for me, so I'm going to need to see him pretty soon please.

Blink and you'll miss it tease of the Purrgil above that planet was cool, as was the Eye of Scion (?), very Star Wars-y design.

Only negatives are I'd like to see more personality from Ahsoka, and Filoni's direction in episode 1 was a little long-winded, he could have trimmed 5 minutes of dead air from that episode and it would have flowed better I think. The dialogue isn't quite as clunky as I was dreading though, which is a massive relief.

Very excited to see where it goes next!

I'm happy we got a fun sequence on Lothal's signature endless highway to nowhere.

The highway to nowhere continues to be hilarious. Very cool action sequence though.

I didn't realize Ryder Azadi was voiced by Clancy Brown, it's awesome they got him to play Ryder in live action as well.
Me neither! Very cool surprise. Modelling characters on the actor who plays them is paying off. Cal Kestis in live action soon?

It was interesting that Hera was in the Phantom and not the Ghost, I wonder if they're saving the Ghost for some sort of mid-season set switch.

It's very hard to see but you can just about see the Ghost in the hangar of Home One in the first episode as Ahsoka's shuttle approaches it.

Ramona goddamn who?!

220px-Mary_Elizabeth_Winstead_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Who played Ramona Flowers in the live-action Scott Pilgrim movie.

Sabine and Hera are great. Ahsoka is decent enough. I'm not really a Clone Wars fan so don't have a ton of attachment to the character. I'm glad they gave her a tad more personality here than how cold she was in Mando/Boba Fett.

I'm thinking that the way Ahsoka is portrayed so cooly for now is pretty much on purpose. This is a lady that a) spent her formative teen years living through the Clone Wars, a grueling conflict that lasted for three years, b) got dogged out by her own people (sans Anakin) when she was framed for the Jedi Temple bombing by a fellow Jedi padawan and friend, c) barely lived through the Jedi Purge (and believed all of her friends and family were dead), d) had to live life on the run and e) later found out her mentor/big bro/BFF Anakin had survived....! By become a genocidal agent of evil, Darth Vader. And not only does she have to live with the horrid truth of that fact, she believed it was her fault that he turned because she left him and the Jedi. Oh, and thanks to these two episodes we can likely add wanted to push Sabine away because she wanted to keep her safe, only for the little lady to get a saber run through her, anyway. At least Sabine survived that, though!

In short, Ahsoka is a great candidate for being Star Wars' "broken bird" representative, as she's both seen and been through some SHIT. But I'm encouraged that some of those walls may come down, now that it looks like she's got her padawan back.

I thought they had the original voice-actress play her.
Nope. That's been a topic of conversation going in the fandom ever since Ahsoka showed up in the Mandalorian and it wasn't Ashley Eckstein. Katee Sackhoff and Clancy Brown are the only situations I can think of where Lucasfilm brought VAs into the live-action space as their own characters, and I assume it's because they were already known live-action actors before.

I'm thinking that the way Ahsoka is portrayed so cooly for now is pretty much on purpose. This is a lady that a) spent her formative teen years living through the Clone Wars, a grueling conflict that lasted for three years, b) got dogged out by her own people (sans Anakin) when she was framed for the Jedi Temple bombing by a fellow Jedi padawan and friend, c) barely lived through the Jedi Purge (and believed all of her friends and family were dead), d) had to live life on the run and e) later found out her mentor/big bro/BFF Anakin had survived....! By become a genocidal agent of evil, Darth Vader. And not only does she have to live with the horrid truth of that fact, she believed it was her fault that he turned because she left him and the Jedi. Oh, and thanks to these two episodes we can likely add wanted to push Sabine away because she wanted to keep her safe, only for the little lady to get a saber run through her, anyway. At least Sabine survived that, though!

In short, Ahsoka is a great candidate for being Star Wars' "broken bird" representative, as she's both seen and been through some SHIT. But I'm encouraged that some of those walls may come down, now that it looks like she's got her padawan back.

Fair enough. I totally get why she would be somewhat cold and distant given all the stuff she's been through, it's just for me personally, I don't find this current version of the character particularly likeable or compelling. But again, she definitely has a tad more personality and life than she did in Mando/Fett, so hopefully a bit more of that will come out in future episodes.

Fair enough. I totally get why she would be somewhat cold and distant given all the stuff she's been through, it's just for me personally, I don't find this current version of the character particularly likeable or compelling. But again, she definitely has a tad more personality and life than she did in Mando/Fett, so hopefully a bit more of that will come out in future episodes.
I can see, judging by your username, that you named yourself after The Mandalorian himself.

So, um, I haven't seen episode 3 yet but so far Ahsoka is pretty meh. Not surprising, considering most of the Star Wars shows, but it is a little disappointing. I loved Rebels, I like Ahsoka, and I wish Filoni took a little more time to (let's avoid spoilers) flesh out the relationship between the characters. The first 2 episodes ran for a long time, and nothing really happened.

Just finished three. Really liking the episodes. Ashoka feels really old Star Wars to me with the camera work. Looking forward to next week :)

and nothing really happened.
Did we watch the same show? Because (1) reconciled with her friend/padawan, (2) meeting characters from Rebels and establishing where some of them have been and (3) the remnants of the empire and what they've been working on/setting up.

The first two episodes were solid, IMO, and I'm really hopeful/excited for the rest of the series.

Did we watch the same show? Because (1) reconciled with her friend/padawan, (2) meeting characters from Rebels and establishing where some of them have been and (3) the remnants of the empire and what they've been working on/setting up.

The first two episodes were solid, IMO, and I'm really hopeful/excited for the rest of the series.

I haven't rewatched Rebels since it ended but, IIRC, Ahsoka and Sabine weren't friends or basically anything at the end of Rebels. Any Jedi training Sabine might have had definitely wasn't a plot point before (I recall Kanan teaching her basic stuff when she got the darksaber?) Basically, Ahsoka reconciled on-screen with someone that she had a falling out with (and, well, became friends with) completely off-screen. Why would you do such a thing?

I care about Sabine and Ezra because I saw rebels, but there is basically no relationship between the Ahsoka and her -and their relationship is what will drive the show so idk-. The show, so far, implies that cool and important stuff has happened and that it might happen, but it isn't interested in showing what is going on. That is hardly a compelling watch for me.

I hope it'll improve but I don't think it will. I guess I will have to wait for Andor season 2

That was a fun, quick episode three.

I loved the look and scale of live action Purrgil, I wasn't expecting to see them already.

Same with Jacen, I figured he would should up later in the season. They seem to be setting him up to be a force user at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if Huyang identifies him as such should they ever interact.

Between Jacen and Sabine's training scene, I'm surprised we still haven't heard Kanan's name mentioned. I imagine you don't need to load viewers with the names of dead character who don't have a huge relevance to the plot, but the callbacks have been numerous at this point. Since Jacen has already popped up, I imagine we may get a scene with Hera, Sabine, or Ahsoka talking about his father. If Ezra returns, perhaps Jacen will be his Padawan, bringing the relationship full circle.

Wow Ahsoka Ep 3 was awesome! Steph Green is quickly becoming one of my favourite Star Wars tv directors, first Ep 2 of Boba Fett and now these past two instalments.

Fantastic action and I loved the more light-hearted comedic moments. I was worried the show would take itself too seriously but that's definitely not been the case. They've struck a good balance.

Really loving the series so far, it's been a ton of fun and beautifully shot.

"When you're a general, you can disobey orders too."

Ooooh so that's why Han became a general 😮

Fantastic episode of Ahsoka. I loved last week's more intimate action, but they went up several notches here before the midseason cliffhanger. This is the first time in a Disney+ SW show where the stakes/action were on par with the sequels/films in general. I've kind of been missing that with the tv shows.

Anyway, absolutely loving this show, and I say that as someone who doesn't necessarily love Ahsoka herself like so many do.

The implications of the end of the latest episode have me reeling. There are a lot of possibilities, but one in particular stands out to me:

Ahsoka being in the World Between Worlds here could just be force visions/near-death hallucination, but it would be wild if that is actually Anakin before the fall, and he found his way into the WBW to and saved a future version of Ahsoka.

Also low key thinking these chuckle fucks are going to be like:

"Hey Sabine, here's Ezra, yayyy, okay see you later you're not coming back with us lololol"

The Marrok stuff was also super interesting. I haven't seen Clone Wars, but I have played the two Respawn Jedi games so I believe I recognized what happened.

It seems like Marrok was reanimated by Night Witch magic, I'm curious if that means Night Witch magic can fully reanimate somebody (as in, they have their own autonomy) or he was being controlled manually. I also wonder if this means Marrok could have been the random Inquisitor who falls to his death in Rebels, as the mask was similar. I didn't see if Marrok only had four fingers though.

One critique about Sabine in the context of Rebels:

I don't think the Sabine at the end of Rebels would have given over the map orb, she would have recognized Ezra's sacrifice and not wanted to undermine it. At the very least she would have wanted to break it because she likes to break things lol.

That said, it's been something like 9 years since the end of Rebels, and her family has apparently died. There is a lot that Sabine has gone through off screen that could justify this choice, we just haven't seen it yet, so it feels a bit off.

Also, when we see Thrawn in this season, assuming he isn't saved for the final episode, I'm going to need three things shown or mentioned:
  1. The Chimera
  2. Pellaeon
  3. Rukh

Last edited:
That was an outstanding episode. Both the World Between Worlds scenes and the stuff on/around Seatos. That ending was pure joy, fantastic.

god I love Star Wars.

Ahsoka Episode 5 is so far the closest any Star Wars series has come to making me feel like I was watching one of the movies. I dunno how to describe it but it was just so damn good. Someone finally figured something out.

Ahsoka Episode 5 is so far the closest any Star Wars series has come to making me feel like I was watching one of the movies. I dunno how to describe it but it was just so damn good. Someone finally figured something out.

Agree, it's definitely feeling much grander in scope than the other shows. Both have their merits though I think, Andor works because it's focused on characters stories and the first couple of Mando seasons were all about the two protagonists.

One thing's for sure, it's definitely the best looking series imo. Stunning visuals, from the production design, to the CG and cinematography.

That bit at the end with the hyperspace light shining through the Purrgil teeth :love:. I was originally gutted Ahsoka and Huyang would miss the light show, but it seems not :D

I wanna see them do a live action clone wars episode in one of these series before it all wraps up. Get the whole gang in there.

On another note...

Jacen seems like a reference to Jacen (you all know which one).

On another note...

Jacen seems like a reference to Jacen (you all know which one).
Always_Has_Been.png

“It seemed, in a very small way, naming him ‘Jacen’ was a way to honor the expanded universe character of Jacen Solo who just really isn’t there anymore as the timelines have changed,” Filoni said. “I thought that’s a little bit of a wink to people that I know that was an important character. And maybe, in some way, that lives on through this character. I don’t know yet.”
Considering his Dad followed a similar path to Kyle Katarn, I always thought it was a nice touch to keep some aspects of the old EU alive.

Mama Hera is just waiting on Ezra to come home, so he can be taught by the one her baby daddy would approve of~!

Back
Top Bottom