• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

merp

Darknut
Pronouns
He/him
So, err, I decided to just go ahead and make the next Star Wars ST since we don't have one.

If anyone wants to help me put up the OT or fix it up, that's fine.

But someone had to do this eventually, I thought.

Also:

darthmaul-kenobi.gif

And that's on top of...

Andor

The Mandalorian (Season 3)

The Bad Batch (Season 2)

Lando

The Acolyte

Droid

And a bunch of other upcoming shows and movies and other projects that I'm probably forgetting.

Oh yeah, also, we have The High Republic multimedia series as well (books, comics, etc.).

Finally someone made this thread.

Also, anyone else getting lego Star Wars in a couple of weeks?
Well, err, someone had to. I was surprised that we only had, like, 5 other threads with the name "Star Wars" in it in the entire forum.

Edit: Also, I have been thinking about getting the game eventually, but not sure when...

I do have the rebel horse pilot from the old expanded universe saved for an avatar just in case
Noice.

As to what you asked previously:

After seeing this video, it's hard not to get hyped, but as I said before, I'm just not sure whether to get it on day 1 given that I'm either playing something else or there's some other game that's coming up. I'll probably have to look over what's coming up and what I'm currently playing. We'll see.

Noice.

As to what you asked previously:

After seeing this video, it's hard not to get hyped, but as I said before, I'm just not sure whether to get it on day 1 given that I'm either playing something else or there's some other game that's coming up. I'll probably have to look over what's coming up and what I'm currently playing. We'll see.

I’m planning to get it for sure so I’ll let you all know how I feel about it when it releases. Not much for me in April outside of that, and Chrono Cross. There’s also the force unleashed coming to switch as well that I am getting

So, sum essentials that I'm putting in (a few) spoiler tags:

1. George Lucas/Kathleen Kennedy win Producer of the Year Award each.

Leia Organa
will be in the series Obi-Wan Kenobi.

3. There will be an
Obi-Wan/Rogue One connection
with a very radicalized and extremist rebel group.

4. Simone Kessel will likely be playing
Leia Organa's foster mother

5. There is a
Padme Amidala/Naberie link
in the Obi-Wan series, possibly through a flashback?

6. Rogue Squadron movie update: filming is still set to begin in Summer 2022; movie is inspired by the X-Wing series of books; still slated by a 2023 release date and Michael Stackpole of the previous Star Wars EU is in the set.

7. 12 new photos of Kylo Ren's deleted storyline in Episode 9 have been revealed; would've focused more on
Kylo Ren searching for Exegol
; they look really cool.

All of this sounds great!

Edit:

@Legion of Primes
@chocolate_supra

Might as well tag the only other people in this thread.

(;﹏; )

Leia Organa

3. There will be an

5. There is a

6. Rogue Squadron movie update: filming is still set to begin in Summer 2022; movie is inspired by the X-Wing series of books; still slated by a 2023 release date and Michael Stackpole of the previous Star Wars EU is in the set.

7. 12 new photos of Kylo Ren's deleted storyline in Episode 9 have been revealed; would've focused more on
; they look really cool.

Edit:

@Legion of Primes
@chocolate_supra

(;﹏; )

Have to give it a watch here later, thanks. Come down with a minor headache, at least it’s not like yesterdays.

What old Star Wars games would you all like ported to switch? Kotor was a nice surprise and is one of my all time favorites so I hope we get kotor 2 and the classic battlefronts eventually. Didn’t think force unleashed would be high on their priority list in that regard

Leia Organa

3. There will be an

5. There is a

; they look really cool.

Edit:

@Legion of Primes
@chocolate_supra

(;﹏; )

I appreciate the effort, but I will be trying to avoid potential spoilers for as long as I can help it, which will likely be about an hour or so.

S Tier-
Empire Strikes Back

A Tier-
A New Hope
Rogue One

B Tier-
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Solo

C Tier-
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Why must we suffer-
The Rise of Skywalker

Your nice, simple bell curve.

S Tier-
Empire Strikes Back

A Tier-
A New Hope
Rogue One

B Tier-
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Solo

C Tier-
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Why must we suffer-
The Rise of Skywalker

Your nice, simple bell curve.
Put revenge of the sith in A tier

Also, this was where I got the Hayden Christensen autograph. They do a lot of high profile signings for Star Wars actors and have branched out beyond that. I, one hundred percent, trust them. Some can be pricey though

I like the prequels.

Revenge of the sith is a top tier Star Wars movie
I used to hate the prequels, but as years went on I realized I only hated them because "fans" told me to. Now I'm lukewarm on them but am an unabashed sequel trilogy apologist. It causes so many arguments with my friends because I'm usually the ONE person in a whole group with that dissenting opinion and the whole evening usually degrades into people taking turns trying to explain to me why I'm wrong (just like the one time I ended up on a trial jury).

Yall
I used to hate the prequels, but as years went on I realized I only hated them because "fans" told me to. Now I'm lukewarm on them but am an unabashed sequel trilogy apologist. It causes so many arguments with my friends because I'm usually the ONE person in a whole group with that dissenting opinion and the whole evening usually degrades into people taking turns trying to explain to me why I'm wrong (just like the one time I ended up on a trial jury).

Yall

I like Star Wars quite a lot. Despite it's wide range of quality, it's still probably my favorite film franchise especially with the help of extended media. I'm especially a big fan of the space ship battles and light saber duels. It's probably been like fifteen years since I rewatched the original and prequel trilogies, but I think The Last Jedi, Rogue One, Star Wars, and The Phantom Menace are probably my favorite Star Wars films? Least favorite is definitely Attack of the Clones and most disappointing outside of that is definitely Rise of Skywalker. I think the drama of there never being definitive versions of the older films has always held me back from rewatching them, but I have Disney+ so I should some day.

For the shows, I loved the original Clone Wars cartoon, but never finished the second Clone Wars show and never saw the following shows. I loved the Mandalorian and Star Wars Visions, but was super bummed how Boba Fett turned out since he was one of my favorite characters prior. So ups and downs here too.

I don't think I've ever played a bad Star Wars game. Some mediocre ones I guess, but never bad (though I know they exist). My favorites are definitely the Rogue Squadron games and the original two Star Wars Battlefront games. Fallen Order was pretty good, but the Dark Souls influence didn't always work for me. Guess I'm kind of still waiting for a more modern Star Wars game to blow me away.

So I've been kind of ramble-y here, but yeah I feel we are at a weird spot for general Star Wars enthusiasm. I think them not breaking free of tradition by walking back The Last Jedi has put the franchise in a bad spot and now we are in the midst of tonal issues too where bad guys like Boba Fett can't be bad guys (seemingly an issue with Disney at large given Wandavision), but we've also gotten some pretty high highs here and there. Hopefully Obi-Wan Kenobi works out.

Let's see if we can get some convo rolling here since we got fresh eyes on us sup yall I really enjoyed The Last Jedi
I remember going to see TLJ opening night and being absolutely blown away, loved it. Then I was talking with a friend who I knew was a huge Star Wars fan, and found out he hadn't seen it yet, but a friend of his had and told him it was awful. My friend decided this was the truth and ended up being really sour on the movie even after he saw it, and that always made me really sad.

Especially since TROS made him feel vindicated, even though the main problems with that were how it tried to undo every good thing about TLJ.

I find myself returning to the prequels more often than the sequels, even though they're really uneven to me: Attack of the Clones is boring, Phantom Menace is alright and Revenge of the Sith might actually be my favorite SW movie, period.

What's everyone's favorite prequel meme?
I can't get enough of the sand ones, they crack me up.

4hjssTe.png

I like Star Wars quite a lot. Despite it's wide range of quality, it's still probably my favorite film franchise especially with the help of extended media. I'm especially a big fan of the space ship battles and light saber duels. It's probably been like fifteen years since I rewatched the original and prequel trilogies, but I think The Last Jedi, Rogue One, Star Wars, and The Phantom Menace are probably my favorite Star Wars films? Least favorite is definitely Attack of the Clones and most disappointing outside of that is definitely Rise of Skywalker. I think the drama of there never being definitive versions of the older films has always held me back from rewatching them, but I have Disney+ so I should some day.

For the shows, I loved the original Clone Wars cartoon, but never finished the second Clone Wars show and never saw the following shows. I loved the Mandalorian and Star Wars Visions, but was super bummed how Boba Fett turned out since he was one of my favorite characters prior. So ups and downs here too.

I don't think I've ever played a bad Star Wars game. Some mediocre ones I guess, but never bad (though I know they exist). My favorites are definitely the Rogue Squadron games and the original two Star Wars Battlefront games. Fallen Order was pretty good, but the Dark Souls influence didn't always work for me. Guess I'm kind of still waiting for a more modern Star Wars game to blow me away.

So I've been kind of ramble-y here, but yeah I feel we are at a weird spot for general Star Wars enthusiasm. I think them not breaking free of tradition by walking back The Last Jedi has put the franchise in a bad spot and now we are in the midst of tonal issues too where bad guys like Boba Fett can't be bad guys (seemingly an issue with Disney at large given Wandavision), but we've also gotten some pretty high highs here and there. Hopefully Obi-Wan Kenobi works out.
Last Jedi is also among my favorites, and Rise disappointed me a bit, too, but most people I know who didn't like Rise would say it's because of Paplatine basically stealing the Skywalker legacy via Rey but my disappointment comes from it ditching all the really interesting things I thought Last Jedi did in response to the horrendous backlash.

As far as Boba Fett, I was kinda meh about it because I was never really into him as a character but I did start to like the show a lot once it.. uh.. pivoted focus to other characters Cobb Vanth vs Cad Bane was👌 and I'm really jazzed for Obi-Wan and Mando3.

I remember going to see TLJ opening night and being absolutely blown away, loved it. Then I was talking with a friend who I knew was a huge Star Wars fan, and found out he hadn't seen it yet, but a friend of his had and told him it was awful. My friend decided this was the truth and ended up being really sour on the movie even after he saw it, and that always made me really sad.

Especially since TROS made him feel vindicated, even though the main problems with that were how it tried to undo every good thing about TLJ.
My old work was run by Star Wars fans, so when the sequels started our "Christmas bonus" was the boss buying out a row at a local luxury theater and treating the entire shop to the new Star Wars every year. When TLJ came out we had one person end up having to bail at the last second, so we had a free ticket. Boss asked us to call friends and see if anyone could come, so I called a friend of mine who I knew didn't have work that day. He got really exasperated at me asking because he had already read about the entire movie on 4chan and had decided it was not just bad, but absolutely insulting, and he would not be coming with us, even though it's a free ticket. As far as I know he still hasn't seen the sequels, he just sorta apes what he reads online about them from the angry mob.

What's everyone's favorite prequel meme?
I can't get enough of the sand ones, they crack me up.

4hjssTe.png
One time I was at a get-together with friends-of-friends and everyone decided to go out for pizza. One guy requested to ride with me because I was driving a car at the time that was apparently one of his dream cars (I didn't know until after), and there was a point where I kinda gave it some hard acceleration for some reason and I heard him mutter "Now this is podracing."
So that one sticks in my head. 🤣

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the films outside the OG trilogy really stand up by themselves.

The prequel trilogy weirdly have the best soundtrack (John Williams was at his absolute peak here) and are hugely important in how they moved special effects and digital cinema forward, but they're also just not very good. Everytime I get convinced by the memes into thinking they're not as bad as I thought, I try watching them again and get reminded just how bad the dialogue and direction is.

The sequel trilogy is just a mess. TFA is a competent retread that has absolutely nothing to say. TLJ has the most interesting themes attached to an incredibly messy and uneven plot. And TRoS somehow combines the most impressive practical effects in recent history with one of the most cynical and mean spirited plot "corrections" of any blockbuster.

If we're ranking films, I'd put A New Hope over Empire. I don't think the character stories in Empire have aged as well as many people think (Han negging Leia and cornering her on the Falcon is just wrong), and ANH is just a wonderful, trailblazing, tight bit of original film making.

(I probably enjoy Return more then Empire as well, but only because it's highs are so high. Overall it's definitely a lesser film)

The Last Jedi was a very bad film.

As unpopular an opinion as that is.

clocks gun

has everyone read Master & Apprentice?
You mean the one if Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Because if so, yes.

And I was... disappointed with the portrayal of Qui-Gon Jinn (one of my favorite characters too), but eh.

Last edited:
How do we all rank the lightsaber duels in the films?

For me:

S Tier

Yoda vs Palpatine: secretly the best duel in the franchise. Lots of good character beats in amongst all the lightsaber stuff, and the iconography of the Senate backdrop is great.

RotJ Luke vs Vader: Again, lots of great character stuff, and the music climaxing as Luke let's loose on Vader is fantastic.

A Tier

Empire Luke vs Vader: Natch

RotS Anakin vs Obi Wan: it's silly verging on outright camp, but it's also great. John Williams is going full blast with everything he's got, the location is apocalyptic, and I do like how the prequel duels were faster paced and more akin to a martial arts flick. Sure it's not realistic, but as pure over the top choreography and spectacle, it's an absolute laugh.

B Tier

Phantom Menace Obi Wan and Qui Gonn vs Maul: the soundtrack is great, there's some nice quiet character moments inserted towards the latter half, and Obi Wan losing it and going all out is great. However, the setting itself is pretty bland, and there's not a lot to the fight outside the character beats.

TFA Kylo vs Rey: competently filmed and choreographed, but there's not a lot going on with it. The stakes aren't all that high, and while it's enjoyable enough to watch, there's not a lot to take away from it.

C Tier

TLJ Kylo and Rey vs Praetorian Guard

Obi Wan and Anakin vs Dooku (both)

D Tier

TRoS Kylo vs Rey

Obi Wan vs Vader. I love ANH, but that fight is weak

You mean the one if Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Because if so, yes.

And I was... disappointed with the portrayal of Qui-Gon Jinn (one of my favorite characters too), but eh.
Bummer. I loved that book but I was mostly focused on Obi-Wan so maybe on a second read I'll notice it. I didn't think much of it though. I thought it showed a character struggling to do what was right.

At 34, its been a long minute since I cared about SW. Also, on a whole, star wars was never good lol.

After growing up with The New Jedi Order Old EU Books (that was my core star wars experience), I wasn't too excited for Disney's reboot.

Then they cancelled the old EU and stupidly, very online nerds cheered and took special care to jeer at those of us who didn't like the door being slammed shut on the old EU. Turned me off from 'Star Wars Fans'.

The rabid over commercialization, mostly creatively bankrupt (not 100 percent, there is some quality to be found, I'll always respect TLJ ) new films and tv shows, poorly read and received 'New EU'.... Told you so!

Maybe 50% of the star wars shit released before 2006 was anything approaching acceptable quality. Since Disney took over, its 5%.

Carry on.

Bummer. I loved that book but I was mostly focused on Obi-Wan so maybe on a second read I'll notice it. I didn't think much of it though. I thought it showed a character struggling to do what was right.
I felt that it didn't capture Liam Neeson's performance of Qui-Gon Jinn.

But then again, I always sort-of imagined him as a Christ-like figure, at least in the typical conception of Jesus in pop culture and, hell, even non-denominational and other Christian culture in the West.

I could even see George Lucas going with that intention of a saint or someone that tried to do the right thing and believed in it.

Which, to be fair, is an aspect of Qui-Gon Jinn and the Jedi Order is basically wrong and he's right.

Dunno. Just felt that the book didn't do the character justice... but I also remember that the book was going over that Qui-Gon was changing into the person we would see in TPM. I sort-of just wish we had something like what we saw in Darth Plagueis by James Luceno (the novel that I really enjoyed when I first read it).

Anyone else getting this game today or will you wait till later? If so, how long?

Also:

I... kinda hope we don't get a live-action Cal Kestis for his own show; I think we need another video game with him, otherwise it'll kinda feel like the Star Wars Jedi series of video games is kinda moot at this point when it barely got a start in the first place. Well, it's mostly just Cal Kestis for a cameo in the Obi-Wan Kenobi serial, but I hope they continue the Star Wars Jedi series either way.

Anyone else getting this game today or will you wait till later? If so, how long?

Also:

I... kinda hope we don't get a live-action Cal Kestis for his own show; I think we need another video game with him, otherwise it'll kinda feel like the Star Wars Jedi series of video games is kinda moot at this point when it barely got a start in the first place. Well, it's mostly just Cal Kestis for a cameo in the Obi-Wan Kenobi serial, but I hope they continue the Star Wars Jedi series either way.

Definitely getting Lego star wars

If they're really going to adapt that scene in a flashback, then...

Pog.

@jkm23

@famicorpse

@JazzPotatoes

@chocolate_supra

@Irene

@samouraï

@KilgoreWolfe

@Imitatio

@Legion of Primes

@Josh5890

@xghost777

@Ozeiyo

In another news...

Anakin's Force ghost apparently appears in the Shadow of the Sith series:

Barriss Offee may be returning:

Some article that I happen to agree with (from an outlet that I normally DO NOT agree with):

Cool article that I also agree with (love Qui-Gon Jinn):

Sequel trilogy plot holes will be addressed in new Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith novel (the one with double-team Lando and Luke):

Obi-Wan Kenobi funko toy:

And that is all the news I've found so far; I think I probably am missing a lot, but I might as well keep some informed.

Last edited:
If they're really going to adapt that scene in a flashback, then...

Pog.

@jkm23

@famicorpse

@JazzPotatoes

@chocolate_supra

@Irene

@samouraï

@KilgoreWolfe

@Imitatio

@Legion of Primes

@Josh5890

@xghost777

@Ozeiyo

In another news...

Anakin's Force ghost apparently appears in the Shadow of the Sith series:

Barriss Offee may be returning:

Some article that I happen to agree with (from an outlet that I normally DO NOT agree with):

Cool article that I also agree with (love Qui-Gon Jinn):

Sequel trilogy plot holes will be addressed in new Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith novel (the one with double-team Lando and Luke):

Obi-Wan Kenobi funko toy:

And that is all the news I've found so far; I think I probably am missing a lot, but I might as well keep some informed.

As a collector of Funko pops, I need that obi wan. The only one I have of him is from clone wars

3 news items:

Donald Glover Will Star In The Lando Disney+ Show

After much speculation we have sort of confirmation that Donald Glover will star in the Lando Disney+ show. When the Lando show was first announced fans simply assumed we were talking about Donald Glover and not 84 year old Billy Dee Williams. However considering the most recent appearance of Lando was by Williams in that rubbish Skywalker movie, it was up for debate. I think the most popular theory I have heard among fans is a bit of both actors. Many fans would like to see Williams version telling stories of his life to his daughter that he just happens to bump into at the end of Skywalker. However those stories would then star Glover as the younger version of Lando.

We don’t know a whole lot to be honest. However on his latest appearance on Jimmy Kimmell Live, Glover admitted, reluctantly, that he will appear in Lando. Check it out below, skip to the 11 minute mark if all you want is the Lando section.

Star Wars: Oscar Winner Reveals His Fascinating Connection to The Mandalorian

As Frank Rossi in the Best Picture winner CODA, Troy Kotsur plays a Deaf father maintaining his connection to his hearing daughter (Emelia Jones). The role earned Kotsur not only praise but also a Best Picture Academy Award, becoming the first Deaf actor to earn the accolade. But before that, Kotsur made a different type of history, long, long, ago in a galaxy far, far away. In an interview from January 2020 with The Daily Moth, Kotsur shares his experience working on the Disney+ series The Mandalorian and helping to develop the sign language used by the Tuskens.

Kotsur’s work appears in “The Gunslinger,” chapter five of The Mandalorian. The episode finds the titular character (Pedro Pascal) reluctantly agreeing to help young bounty hunter Toro Calican (Jake Cannavale) capture Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen). While tracking Shand across the deserts of Tatooine, the pair arrives in Tusken-controlled territory. Where Calican suggests they just shoot their way through the Raiders, Mando treats the Tuskens with dignity and bargains with them for safe passage.

For Kotsur, the entire project began with finding a way to portray the Tuskens with respect. While developing the language, he “did research on the culture and environment of Tusken Raiders.” This work made him realize that he must “avoid ASL (American Sign Language)” and ensure that the characters used “Tusken Sign language based on their culture and environment.” Through Kotsur’s work, the Tuskens were shown to be fully-developed people, with needs and culture, all relayed to the audience through the use of the actors’ bodies.

Rumor: The Mandalorian season 3 has wrapped filming

Comicbook.com reports that filming has wrapped on season 3. There’s yet to be confirmation from Lucasfilm or Disney+. The report cites Star Wars Stuff, a Twitter fan account whose announcement of the news was shared by The Mandalorian star Carl Weathers.

Does The Mandalorian season 3 have a release date?​

A release date for The Mandalorian season 3 has yet to be announced. Dork Side of the Force previously reported that the next installment of Mando and Grogu’s story could come in time for Christmas 2022.

If it’s true that filming has wrapped on the third season, that’s a post-production/release window that could work for the series. Typically, post-production on a series runs between six to eight months, and it can be longer for shows that are special effects heavy.

We’ll keep you posted on more The Mandalorian season 3 news as it comes in. We should note that Andor‘s rumored fall release date could impact whether or not we see the third season in 2022. Stay tuned to Dork Side of the Force!

Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom