• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

Gonna watch Ahsoka episode 6 soon...

Edit: Wait. Just checked. It isn't out yet.

Ah well, what I said still stands!
Yeah starting with Ahsoka they decided to try and do "prime time" releases (and on America's schedule, of course), so the episodes don't drop until 6pm Pacific time. 😑

Another brilliant episode of Ahsoka.

Thrawn and Ezra were pretty much perfect. Loving the nightsister lore that they originated in another galaxy, makes sense!

Cute creatures were very welcome for that dose of pulpy Star Wars.

I did chuckle that Ahsoka funnily enough likes "Part 1" best of the 3-part history of the galaxy far far away.

First episode of Ahsoka that i really enjoyed, after a marked improvement last episode, and it's (unsurprisingly) the one in which the plot finally gets going. Thrawn looks weird, but I like how he's portrayed. Love seeing the Nightsisters after being foreshadowed for half the season, and I'm not sure on how to feel now that my favourite character so far (Baylan) has been demoted to secondary bad guy with tragic motivations (we know how the cycle goes, man, and it's not ending any time soon)

Overall, I liked Ezra a lot, and it's great to see him and Sabine reunited, I really really like the lengths that the show is going to show Sabine struggling to use her lightsaber (not because she's bad, but because she really isn't a Jedi) and how, in spite of it, she's great at it. Loving also how the show portrays the Stormtroopers (Night troopers?) under Thrawn's command, who have very clearly BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being Zombies reanimated by magick -or if the magick that thrawn was requesting form the Sisters ended up doing exactly that.

Also, I know people love fanservice but the "galaxy far far away" kind of made me groan. But maybe I'm old and tired. Having just two episodes left makes me wonder if the show will be able to land the ending after seeing so many pacing issues. I hope so, and I hope they do my boy Baylan some justice

Last edited:
First episode of Ahsoka that i really enjoyed, after a marked improvement last season, and it's (unsurprisingly) the one in which the plot finally gets going. Thrawn looks weird, but I like how he's portrayed. Love seeing the Nightsisters after being foreshadowed for half the season, and I'm not sure on how to feel now that my favourite character so far (Baylan) has been demoted to secondary bad guy with tragic motivations (we know how the cycle goes, man, and it's not ending any time soon)

Overall, I liked Ezra a lot, and it's great to see him and Sabine reunited, I really really like the lengths that the show is going to show Sabine struggling to use her lightsaber (not because she's bad, but because she really isn't a Jedi) and how, in spite of it, she's great at it. Loving also how the show portrays the Stormtroopers (Night troopers?) under Thrawn's command, who have very clearly BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being Zombies reanimated by magick -or if the magick that thrawn was requesting form the Sisters ended up doing exactly that.

Also, I know people love fanservice but the "galaxy far far away" kind of made me groan. But maybe I'm old and tired. Having just two episodes left makes me wonder if the show will be able to land the ending after seeing so many pacing issues. I hope so, and I hope they do my boy Baylan some justice

I'm surprised that you think there are pacing issues. To me the show has been paced perfectly, and has been building week on week. Admittedly the opening two episodes took their time to put the pieces on the board, but that was out of necessity I think given the nature of the show as a sequel to Rebels.

2 eps based on Lothal, 3 eps based on Seatos and now 2-3 (?) eps in the other galaxy feels right to me in terms of structure. I like how the show is quite focused on a small number of places too.

Thrawn's army was fantastic though I agree. That whole sequence riffed off of classic Star Wars stormtrooper/emperor stuff, but was scary in a completely different way.

I'm surprised that you think there are pacing issues. To me the show has been paced perfectly, and has been building week on week. Admittedly the opening two episodes took their time to put the pieces on the board, but that was out of necessity I think given the nature of the show as a sequel to Rebels.

2 eps based on Lothal, 3 eps based on Seatos and now 2-3 (?) eps in the other galaxy feels right to me in terms of structure. I like how the show is quite focused on a small number of places too.

Thrawn's army was fantastic though I agree. That whole sequence riffed off of classic Star Wars stormtrooper/emperor stuff, but was scary in a completely different way.
I think it started too slow, it took way too long to get Sabine and Ahsoka separated, and too little to reunite them. I also have issues with the show implying that they (Ahsoka and Sabine) had a relationship that soured instead of showing us what their dynamic was like, but I guess that won't be fixed in the remaining episodes.

Anyway, I really think it's picking up, so I hope we're in for some fun in the last 2.

Ahsoka is a really great show. It's 100% pure cinematic Star Wars, but brought to the small screen. It's exactly what many longtime fans wanted. The cast is very good, with Ray Stevenson literally stealing the show in my opinion. His performance as Baylan Skoll is absolutely fantastic. Even though he is no longer with us, his contribution will remain alive in our memories.🙂

Ahsoka is a really great show. It's 100% pure cinematic Star Wars, but brought to the small screen. It's exactly what many longtime fans wanted. The cast is very good, with Ray Stevenson literally stealing the show in my opinion. His performance as Baylan Skoll is absolutely fantastic. Even though he is no longer with us, his contribution will remain alive in our memories.🙂
Yeah, and quite frankly?

It's better than The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Book of Boba Fett and all the other shows (except for maybe Andor).

Yeah, and quite frankly?

It's better than The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Book of Boba Fett and all the other shows (except for maybe Andor).

"Better" is subjective.

You might prefer it over those shows, but my best friend I just watched it with a second time, far prefers Mando (and Andor). He was bored by the Clone Wars flashbacks.

Thrawn must hate the Force so very very much.

Everytime his plans are being fucked over, it's been due to Force shenanigans. ^^

E:

Also, i admit i never saw much of Rebels, due to little time and i kinda didn't like the art-style of the series ... but simply going by how the character is in Ashoka, does anyone actually like Sabine?

Like, was/is she really a fan fav character?

Because, man ... i legit can't stand her here.

Last edited:

Everytime his plans are being fucked over, it's been due to Force shenanigans. ^^

E:

Also, i admit i never saw much of Rebels, due to little time and i kinda didn't like the art-style of the series ... but simply going by how the character is in Ashoka, does anyone actually like Sabine?

yeah - but she hasn't necessarily displayed what people like about her in Rebels that much tbh

It's actually the contrary!

Mr. Thrawn actually respects the Force quite a bit. Though, he has a much more pragmatic view of its power, such that he's been depicted as being annoyed with the likes of Palaptine and the Sith for seeking it for personal gain, while also thinking that the Jedi's more passive views doesn't allow for things to get done, either.

This is probably why Canon!Thrawn gets along with the Nightsisters. They, too, often see it as a means to an end for the sake of greater prosperity for their kind, while Thrawn wants similar for both his view of order, as well as the Chiss.

Ep 7 was good, but this was the most glaring example of clunky Filoni/Mandoverse dialogue so far, which always takes me out of the episode a bit.

E:

A friend of mine who's a casual Star Wars fan (definitely hasn't seen Rebels) can't stand her either. I assume she'll have a good hero moment in the finale to turn her story around a bit.

But yes, tons of people love Sabine based on her Rebels portrayal, including me and I also like her a lot here.

Havent seen Clone Wars/Rebels, but I've been hearing about it for years

So when these Rebels characters show up, I'm pointing at the screen like:

Havent seen Clone Wars/Rebels, but I've been hearing about it for years

So when these Rebels characters show up, I'm pointing at the screen like:

The Clone Wars is great, at least (never liked Rebels, but it wasn't for me), and you might enjoy it; I can certainly vouch for it.

Somebody had too much fun naming that finale "The Jedi, the Witch, and the Warlord".

One of the things I liked most about this season was seeing what became of Ezra. It felt like a mirror version of what happened with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan got stuck living in the middle of nowhere avoiding using his abilities and constantly remembering the part he played in screwing the galaxy up. Ezra also got stuck living in the middle of nowhere, but with the knowledge that it was because of him succeeding at helping the galaxy. He then got to spend a decade bettering his relationship with the Force and helping out some locals.

After watching the finale: What a shitshow Ahsoka was. At its best it was fine, at it worst almost unbearable and, ultimately, a pointless show. It was the midpoint to a story that had ended years ago, and what little meat the story has was bogged down by horrid pacing issues, zero chemistry between the leads and absurd character building decisions. Sigh.

The character deserved better than being a sideshow yo its own story and Filoni's approach to the SW universe doesn't work for me. I'm tired of Star Wars being homework.

Sabine was the highlight of Rebels and again the highlight of Ahsoka, maybe the one complaint is they never showed her doing any art in any form, and her armour was so bland - they muted all the colours, took off the deco and got rid of the sunshine yellow

What an awesome show Ahsoka has turned out to be. Absolutely fantastic, tied for top spot for me with Mando and Andor.

The finale was... surprising. My nephew was on the phone telling me how many characters he expected to die or not make it back to the home galaxy and I kept telling him there's no way they'll kill off any of the leads or end things on a bit of a downer. Turns out I was wrong!

The last thing I expected was Ahsoka and Sabine to be stranded in Ezra's place. Interesting ramifications for S2 (not confirmed, but come on). I wonder if they'll split the story-telling between Peridea and the home galaxy? Or maybe the latter will be dealt with in S4 of Mando?

The downer/cliffhanger ending I'm absolutely fine with but I've seen some complaints. Star Wars, more than any other property I feel, has a tough time shedding its burden of fan expectation. We know what we want to see, so when something different happens, it causes a fuss. Seems to happen time and time again under Disney since TLJ.

Morgan/Ahsoka fight was OUTSTANDING. Nice half way between the flashy prequel lightsaber fights and the more down to earth sequels.

I was initially confused by Sabine finally using the force to pull her lightsaber but then realised that was just a precursor to her actual 'moment' of the season, pushing Ezra onto the Destroyer. Great stuff.

The Mortis tease is interesting, I can't say that's the direction I was hoping Filoni would go, but will give him the benefit of the doubt. It's clear Ahsoka's endgame is something to do with that though.

Overall loved the show. It's nice to have another series that's generally been very popular critically and with the fans. Kenobi and Boba Fett were a mixed bag for sure.

I like how Disney+ Star Wars can vary tone between the shows. Andor was one thing, Mando and Ahsoka another, now I'm looking forward to Skeleton Crew helmed by different show-runners to see what that brings. The trailer they showed at Celebration was great, so cautiously excited for this one.

Last edited:
My wife and I loved Ahsoka, I really hope they do another season before Filoni's movie. Hell, I hope they do an Ezra, Hera, or Ghost focused series in parallel.

I'm curious how it went for folks who hadn't watched Rebels, because by the end it was really leaning on Rebels.

My wife and I loved Ahsoka, I really hope they do another season before Filoni's movie. Hell, I hope they do an Ezra, Hera, or Ghost focused series in parallel.

I'm curious how it went for folks who hadn't watched Rebels, because by the end it was really leaning on Rebels.
*raises hand* I loved it and I didn't watch Rebels! I'm aware of Rebels, and I did a bit of wiki'ing to catch up on some of the characters that appeared, but overall I felt the show did pretty well at standing on its own. Or at least at pretending it was standing in its own. 😅

I forget if I said it here, but I pretty much immediately texted a buddy of mine when the show was over saying it was the most Star Warsy series we've gotten in the whole D+ era. I know Mandalorian is probably more popular and could be argued is the better show, but Ahsoka feels like Star Wars in ways Mando and the other shows just don't. I was tearing up at some points from how overwhelming it was at points. Some scenes made me feel like I was watching it in a theater surrounded by cheering fans, I'd just sorta get a whiff of that energy somehow. Maybe it was The Force 🤷

I've been enjoying the D+ shows a lot overall (yes, even Book of Boba Fett though for me the fact that it's an unfocused mess is part of the appeal), but Ahsoka feels like it was specifically crafted in a lab to make me lose my mind (in a good way). Even now that it's over I want to rewatch it. I'm a big Clone Wars and Rebels fan so that probably helps?

Hell, I hope they do an Ezra, Hera, or Ghost focused series in parallel.

That would be awesome!

Get Jacen involved too, I was surprised by how much he was involved in this series and it worked really well. Actor did a decent job too.

For me one of the most "Rebels" moments of the show was Hera and Chopper giving chase to that last hyperdrive generator in the Phantom. I'd love to see more of that vibe. In fact I'd love to see more space/pilot action in general. We've had tons of Jedi, Mando and bounty hunter stuff on Disney+ but very little pilot storylines or major space battles. The trench run and battle of Endor in the OT is what made me fall in love with Star Wars so would be good to return to that sometime soon.

I forget if I said it here, but I pretty much immediately texted a buddy of mine when the show was over saying it was the most Star Warsy series we've gotten in the whole D+ era. I know Mandalorian is probably more popular and could be argued is the better show, but Ahsoka feels like Star Wars in ways Mando and the other shows just don't. I was tearing up at some points from how overwhelming it was at points. Some scenes made me feel like I was watching it in a theater surrounded by cheering fans, I'd just sorta get a whiff of that energy somehow. Maybe it was The Force 🤷

I know what you mean. I think the storyline in general was a lot bigger in scope than frankly all the other series, which isn't a good or bad thing, but it does make it feel more "epic Star Wars". And yeah lots of great scenes/moments add to that as well.

A friend of mine is a very (very) casual Star Wars fan, has no idea who Thrawn, Ezra, or what the New Republic is exactly. I had to educate him on the timeline and how these shows all take place at the same time as Mando etc. Anyway, he enjoyed it a lot and could follow along fine. Some of the reunion moments obviously didn't land for him at all, but they were in the minority. He liked Thrawn, the great mothers, Baylan, Huyang and Ahsoka herself. He didn't like Sabine at all though!

Last edited:
By the way, if anyone's interested, since Covid I've been making these Star Wars infographics that detail exactly how long a particular location features in a Star Wars property. Not the most useful of information I'll admit, but it keeps me busy!

Here's ones I recently finished for Ahsoka. (you might need to zoom in a bit)...

Ahsoka1.jpg

Ahsoka2.jpg

You can find more on twitter and the full set for all of Star Wars on the project website.

In fact I'd love to see more space/pilot action in general. We've had tons of Jedi, Mando and bounty hunter stuff on Disney+ but very little pilot storylines or major space battles. The trench run and battle of Endor in the OT is what made me fall in love with Star Wars so would be good to return to that sometime soon.
Seconding this very loudly

Finished Ahsoka last week.
  1. Ahsoka often seemed like she was riding sidecar in her own show.
  2. I haven’t watched much of Clone Wars or Rebels so I often felt like I was missing some things.
    • For example, whenSabine finally tracks down Ezra, it’s supposed to be this big moment except I have no idea who homeboy is so like 🤷‍♀️.
  3. I have seen the Mortis arc in Clone Wars, and I still didn’t catch that the statues at the end were the Father and the Son.
  4. While I’ve always enjoyed Ray Stevenson’s performances, I’m on Team Recast Baylan. There’s definitely more story to tell so you know, tell it.
  5. Always nice to see Hayden Christensen return as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.
I’ll have to rewatch the season to comment further. It was fine; I’ll definitely be there when Season 2 rolls around.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the D+ shows a lot overall (yes, even Book of Boba Fett though for me the fact that it's an unfocused mess is part of the appeal), but Ahsoka feels like it was specifically crafted in a lab to make me lose my mind (in a good way). Even now that it's over I want to rewatch it. I'm a big Clone Wars and Rebels fan so that probably helps?
This is for you:

Anyone else keeping up with Star Wars: The High Republic series?

eye-of-darkness-excerpt_article-feature_f6512df0.jpeg

Excerpt from chapter:

In other news, here's something from Simon Kinberg (co-creator of Star Wars Rebels):

Modern genre filmmakers are often genuine fans of the franchises they’re helping to expand. That’s especially true for writer, director, and producer Simon Kinberg, who co-created Star Wars Rebels.

“Star Wars is my religion,” Kinberg tells Inverse. Which is why, as one of the minds behind one of the most influential Star Wars animated series, Kinberg was amazed he got to “write a few verses of the Bible,” as he jokes.

Dave Filoni is given most of the credit for spearheading the wildly popular Rebels, but Kinberg was just as instrumental in creating the show that introduced beloved characters like Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, and Hera Syndulla. He wrote a handful of Rebels episodes, oversaw all the scripts, and helped guide the storylines for fan-favorite characters. Their stories would continue past his time in the Star Wars universe, as the main Rebels characters made their live-action debuts in The Mandalorian and Filoni’s Ahsoka series.

“There’s so many things to me that are exciting about the Rebels characters coming to life in Ahsoka,” Kinberg says. “It’s not something I ever imagined when we were making the show.”

I've been trying to keep up with The High Republic, but most of the books I've acquired are packed somewhere. So far I've read Light of the Jedi, Midnight Horizons, Trial of Shadows, and am currently reading Path of Deceit. I'm enjoying it a lot but to say I'm somewhat lost would be an understatement; might have to borrow what I'm missing from the library to catch up (I genuinely don't know what box the rest of my books are in and I don't have the money to buy everything else, anyway).

Also, I very much enjoyed Obi-Wan Kenobi! But perhaps I'm also biased (he's always been one of my favorite characters).

I've been trying to keep up with The High Republic, but most of the books I've acquired are packed somewhere. So far I've read Light of the Jedi, Midnight Horizons, Trial of Shadows, and am currently reading Path of Deceit. I'm enjoying it a lot but to say I'm somewhat lost would be an understatement; might have to borrow what I'm missing from the library to catch up (I genuinely don't know what box the rest of my books are in and I don't have the money to buy everything else, anyway).

Also, I very much enjoyed Obi-Wan Kenobi! But perhaps I'm also biased (he's always been one of my favorite characters).
Yeah, they have a lot of spin-off series of The High Republic which adds to the confusion. I believe one news outlet said that they should just make a show already about it, but I could be wrong about that, but that's been a constant thing with this new series: all the spin-off content from it. Furthermore, I get the sense that it's hard keeping track of everything that's initially relevant to the plot; that's how I feel as well.

Nice video, thanks!

Anyone else keeping up with Star Wars: The High Republic series?

Loved the first two novels, but I've tried to get into the third one twice and both times I didn't get very far. I'll get there eventually, but afterwards I might skip phase 2 and go straight into phase 3. It feels like there's a lot of characters and a lot of plot threads so it gets a bit overwhelming. It doesn't help that I find Avar Kriss to be boring, bland and totally lacking in personality. Elzar and Stellan are good though and it's nice to have a corner of the franchise were almost anything can happen.

Elsewhere in Star Wars, I'm very much looking forward to The Bad Batch S3 and Skeleton Crew next up. The former is just fantastic and I'm looking forward to a tonal shift with the latter. Something somewhat removed from the Mandoverse and Filoni/Favreau for a change.

Nice video, thanks!

Loved the first two novels, but I've tried to get into the third one twice and both times I didn't get very far. I'll get there eventually, but afterwards I might skip phase 2 and go straight into phase 3. It feels like there's a lot of characters and a lot of plot threads so it gets a bit overwhelming. It doesn't help that I find Avar Kriss to be boring, bland and totally lacking in personality. Elzar and Stellan are good though and it's nice to have a corner of the franchise were almost anything can happen.

Elsewhere in Star Wars, I'm very much looking forward to The Bad Batch S3 and Skeleton Crew next up. The former is just fantastic and I'm looking forward to a tonal shift with the latter. Something somewhat removed from the Mandoverse and Filoni/Favreau for a change.
Skeleton Crew seems like it'll be my next favorite one.

Sad that The Bad Batch is ending on Season 3.

To sum up:

The upcoming film has alternative drafts of the (rumored) Rey film, one with Finn and one without.

It's rumored to be called "The New Beginning" and has a Jedi academy.

Also, a new tell-all book (written by a person with vast connections in the industry) says that Lucasfilm and Disney kept having fights between each other over how to do Star Wars and Kathy was forced to reveal projects prematurely.

Warwick Davis also calls out Disney Studios for not showing the movies and series for Willow anymore.

To sum up:

The upcoming film has alternative drafts of the (rumored) Rey film, one with Finn and one without.

It's rumored to be called "The New Beginning" and has a Jedi academy.

Also, a new tell-all book (written by a person with vast connections in the industry) says that Lucasfilm and Disney kept having fights between each other over how to do Star Wars and Kathy was forced to reveal projects prematurely.

Warwick Davis also calls out Disney Studios for not showing the movies and series for Willow anymore.

Is that a reputable source? I feel like you see those sorts of Star Wars "scoop" videos pop up on Youtube every two minutes.

I've never understood the fascination to make Finn a Jedi, the reveal that he's suddenly force sensitive in TROS was a real wtf moment for me. I assume it was John Boyega wanting his character to be more "special" and so he asked JJ to make him a potential Jedi. It's all really strange. I don't 100% subscribe to the notion that they did his character dirty, like Boyega insists, I actually really like his character arc, but even if they did, making him force sensitive doesn't automatically elevate his character.

Conversely I do like what Filoni has been doing with Ahsoka, suggesting that whilst talent is a factor, anyone can be a Jedi. It seems like that sort of narrative got completely lost after the OT when Midichlorians and 'force sensitivity' become a thing.

Just finished watching Ahsoka casually and then practically binged the last half today. Having never really watched Clone Wars and a few episodes of Rebels, I ended up really enjoying this show overall.

It got me pretty early on with the Death Proof reunion of Rosario Dawson And Mary Elizabeth Winstead and I ended up loving some of characters like Sabine and Ezra when he showed up.

Loved Ray Stevenson in this as well. He was great as always and will be missed.

I'm not at all aware of how the reception to the show has been. I enjoyed so much of this that I didn't really pay attention to anything I could nitpick or dislike. I just wanted more. Great feeling of adventure and discovery that reminded me so much of why I loved Star Wars in the first place.

I assume there will be a season 2 which I'm looking forward to if so. My only wish would be less disparate loose ends as resolving those or getting all those going again in season 2 usually takes some effort to get going based on other shows when that happens.

Now I can go watch the Pitch Meeting for it...

From being Lucas' apprentice, to now being truly the "master". Whether you're a fan of his stuff or not, you gotta respect Filoni's patience and hustle.

I'll admit that I'm one of those that have enjoyed his "brand" of content. But I also hope he'll have good writing rooms and directors to help bring his ideas and vision to life.

From being Lucas' apprentice, to now being truly the "master". Whether you're a fan of his stuff or not, you gotta respect Filoni's patience and hustle.

I'll admit that I'm one of those that have enjoyed his "brand" of content. But I also hope he'll have good writing rooms and directors to help bring his ideas and vision to life.

Dave deserves it. He understands Stars Wars and was the only person that understood how to excute Lucas's crazy ideas during the Clone Wars series.

Dave was always gonna be Lucas's true successor.

Is that a reputable source? I feel like you see those sorts of Star Wars "scoop" videos pop up on Youtube every two minutes.

I've never understood the fascination to make Finn a Jedi, the reveal that he's suddenly force sensitive in TROS was a real wtf moment for me. I assume it was John Boyega wanting his character to be more "special" and so he asked JJ to make him a potential Jedi. It's all really strange. I don't 100% subscribe to the notion that they did his character dirty, like Boyega insists, I actually really like his character arc, but even if they did, making him force sensitive doesn't automatically elevate his character.

Conversely I do like what Filoni has been doing with Ahsoka, suggesting that whilst talent is a factor, anyone can be a Jedi. It seems like that sort of narrative got completely lost after the OT when Midichlorians and 'force sensitivity' become a thing.
Anyone can be a Jedi.

Midichlorians don't change that.

Also:

Has anyone else been keeping up with The New Republic series of novels?

Anyone can be a Jedi.

Midichlorians don't change that.

I know, the Ahsoka series said as much a month or two ago.

And yet from The Phantom Menace until this most recent show, 1999 > 2023, that wasn't evident on screen at all, that was my point.

Disney Plus have announced that two Star Wars shows will release in 2024, Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte.

According to Bespin Bulletin, the former might actually be getting pushed all the way to Q4 next year, which would be sad but kind of makes sense, feels like quite a Christmassy/end of year vibe to it and I imagine they'll need to heavily promote it for as long as possible.

No mention of the Bad Batch S3 but surely that's also coming in 2024... right?? If it does hopefully it won't run concurrently with another show like it did with Mando earlier this year :rolleyes:

Andor S2 apparently delayed to 2025. Sad but again understandable given the strikes etc, should be plenty this year to keep us going anyway.

Disney Plus have announced that two Star Wars shows will release in 2024, Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte.

According to Bespin Bulletin, the former might actually be getting pushed all the way to Q4 next year, which would be sad but kind of makes sense, feels like quite a Christmassy/end of year vibe to it and I imagine they'll need to heavily promote it for as long as possible.

No mention of the Bad Batch S3 but surely that's also coming in 2024... right?? If it does hopefully it won't run concurrently with another show like it did with Mando earlier this year :rolleyes:

Andor S2 apparently delayed to 2025. Sad but again understandable given the strikes etc, should be plenty this year to keep us going anyway.
More news on the Rey movie:

Apparently, Ben Solo or Kylo Ren was always supposed to be evil till the end?

Apparently, Ben Solo or Kylo Ren was always supposed to be evil till the end?
According to a recent interview with Adam Driver he wasn't just supposed to be evil till the end, he was supposed to become more confident and evil as his arc went on, until he was extremely deep and powerful in the dark side. Starting out vulnerable and unsure, then ending as an incredible Sith Lord. Literally a reverse of Darth Vader's arc in the OT, he said.

Last edited:
According to a recent interview with Adam Driver he wasn't just supposed to be evil till the end, he was supposed to become more confident and evil as his arc went on, until he was extremely deep and powerful in the dark side. Starting out vulnerable and unsure, then ending as an incredible Sith Lord. Literally a reverse of Darth Vader's arc in the OT, he said.
Yeah, he's supposed to, or was supposed to, embrace being the "new Darth Vader."

Kinda like how Luke was, in one proposed story arc for ROTJ, supposed to become evil with him saying "I am Darth Vader" at the end or something along those lines (thankfully they didn't do this and I prefer Luke not becoming evil).

Back
Top Bottom