• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

Hey guys, convince me not to get my own PS5. (used to have access to a console, but no longer). The biggest games on the horizon I am looking forward to are FF7R2, Spiderman, maybe wolverine, sword of the sea. But they will all eventually come to PC and they will be cheaper If I wait anyway. I'm usually very patient but for once I am having consumer urges.

Hey guys, convince me not to get my own PS5. (used to have access to a console, but no longer). The biggest games on the horizon I am looking forward to are FF7R2, Spiderman, maybe wolverine, sword of the sea. But they will all eventually come to PC and they will be cheaper If I wait anyway. I'm usually very patient but for once I am having consumer urges.
Now that you mention it, the only reason I'll eventually get a PS5 is to play the FFVII trilogy, FFXVI and KH4. Nothing else and all SE titles

@Yamanoi Greatest video ever?

How is a Sony thread allowed on this forum?? Do you have no shame? Watch this instead:

j1hoxzs0suea1.jpg

Most AAA PC ports in 2023 have been terrible even on way more powerful hardware. If you do want to play those on PC, I would say wait a bit longer and see that they are good ports. FF7R on PC felt like playing a Series S game and it still needs mods to be acceptable on PC. Spiderman 2 will be good for sure since Nixxes will do it I assume.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered coming to PS5 1/19/24. Pretty happy about this, as it's easily one of my favorite games in recent years, and the new roguelike mode sounds interesting.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered coming to PS5 1/19/24. Pretty happy about this, as it's easily one of my favorite games in recent years, and the new roguelike mode sounds interesting.

I will pay full price for this and I will love it

I look forward to weeks of complaining about the necessity of this while I quietly anticipate, buy, and then enjoy my rougelike guerrilla combat game.

This is honestly the best game I think I’ve played that is non Mario/Zelda in the last 10 years. Just outstanding. Perfect way to build anticipation for Season 2 of the show. Definitely down for the $10 upgrade (or maybe wait for the eventually price drop for the physical). Heavy game to replay though.

I keep going back and forth over which one is better. I think that TLOU 1 had a better, tighter story but TLOU 2 had excellent gameplay and some incredible scenery.

I'm thankful GT7 turned into an amazing game that has kept me on my PS5 during this past year waiting for Sony to get back to their ps3 / early ps4 roots.

Do I buy Jedi Survivor, FF16, and/or RE4 on sale….or wait until next years inevitable $20 price each. Probably that but am interested!
As Famiboards’ resident FFXVI superfan I am obligated to tell you to buy FFXVI.

I got the HFW PS5 bundle n played the original first and just taking a break for something different. Platinumed the first so will definitely be putting time into this one.
I've made it my life's mission to bring Horizon to everyone.

But out of the choices you listed, FFXVI is my second favourite game of the year and I urge you to buy this one. Adventure of a lifetime, one that I will never forget for years and years to come.

I keep going back and forth over which one is better. I think that TLOU 1 had a better, tighter story but TLOU 2 had excellent gameplay and some incredible scenery.

The Last of Us was an incredibly boring and disappointing game to me coming off of one of my all time favorite trilogies in Uncharted. Part II, on the other hand is one of my favorite games of all time.

I turned off my auto renew for PS Plus last night. It really drove home that I was wasting my money when the graphic popped up saying “Don’t miss out! You played 0 hours online last year!”. There’s some PS Plus games that I’m gonna miss, but honestly I wasn’t playing them and if I ever want to play them, I’ll just buy them.

I turned off my auto renew for PS Plus last night. It really drove home that I was wasting my money when the graphic popped up saying “Don’t miss out! You played 0 hours online last year!”. There’s some PS Plus games that I’m gonna miss, but honestly I wasn’t playing them and if I ever want to play them, I’ll just buy them.
Damn, that renewal reminder is cold.

I waffle over getting a sub myself but I certainly won’t play online and I can buy most of the classics, yeah?

As someone who is just rejoining the PlayStation ecosystem for the first time since PS2, I think it's great. Better than Game Pass. I'm able to dip my toes into so many different games and see what feels right. But mileage may vary.

Lol. I use it for the game downloads so probably would get the same notice

Hello! I finally caved and got a PS5 (my PS4 was in bad shape) - Astro is such a sweet introduction to the system.

But I’m gonna be annoying and ask - is a little rattle normal? If I get close to my system when it’s running, I can hear the fan rattling a bit. There’s the usual low level whooshing of a console in use, but that extra noise has me worried I’ve got a dud or I’ve been sent a return/refurb.

Is this something I should worry about, or is it just variance between units? Is there anything I should be watching out for? I have it vertical in the stand on a flat surface with space around it.

I hate to be so anxious about a new console, but the PS4 was the first time I’d ever had anything start to crap out and like to keep this one healthy (its predecessors are still fine, but to be fair I got thousands of hours of use out of it, probably more than any of the others).

Anyway, I hope I’m just being nervous for no reason, because I’m excited to hit my backlog with better performance. And I really like the controller.

Hello! I finally caved and got a PS5 (my PS4 was in bad shape) - Astro is such a sweet introduction to the system.

But I’m gonna be annoying and ask - is a little rattle normal? If I get close to my system when it’s running, I can hear the fan rattling a bit. There’s the usual low level whooshing of a console in use, but that extra noise has me worried I’ve got a dud or I’ve been sent a return/refurb.

Is this something I should worry about, or is it just variance between units? Is there anything I should be watching out for? I have it vertical in the stand on a flat surface with space around it.

I hate to be so anxious about a new console, but the PS4 was the first time I’d ever had anything start to crap out and like to keep this one healthy (its predecessors are still fine, but to be fair I got thousands of hours of use out of it, probably more than any of the others).

Anyway, I hope I’m just being nervous for no reason, because I’m excited to hit my backlog with better performance. And I really like the controller.
Do you hear the noise when you have a disc in? Is your PS5 vertical? My console is loud as hell when the disc drive is spinning. I think it’s quieter horizontal, but I don’t have the room for that.

Do you hear the noise when you have a disc in? Is your PS5 vertical? My console is loud as hell when the disc drive is spinning. I think it’s quieter horizontal, but I don’t have the room for that.
No disc in the machine, and it’s vertical. I don’t really have room for it to go horizontal - my partner is saying we should do it so the exposed top doesn’t gather dust in vertical position, but it’ll stick off the edge of the cabinet and I can see an accident happening!

I’ve taken a video so might upload later. It may be coil whine or just normal fan noise. I’m just kind of willing it to be okay, the store is gonna be a pain about returns and I can’t be arsed dealing with Sony!

Sorry to bump this thread for this, but I need to shout this from the mountain tops.

I just smacked for 1,000,000 credits on a 4-star daily workout roulette ticket in GT7. After all the years of this system seeming like a sham where you always hit for the minimum 10,000 payout, I finally hit the big time hah!

Sorry to bump this thread for this, but I need to shout this from the mountain tops.

I just smacked for 1,000,000 credits on a 4-star daily workout roulette ticket in GT7. After all the years of this system seeming like a sham where you always hit for the minimum 10,000 payout, I finally hit the big time hah!
congrats on your wealth!

Ragnarock is $30/$20 at Best Buy right now. Amazon had it as well but that seems to be out now. Haven’t played the first so holding off but seems like a great deal with the free DLC coming up.
I assume 20 is for the PS4 version? How big a difference is there?

Ragnarock is $30/$20 at Best Buy right now. Amazon had it as well but that seems to be out now. Haven’t played the first so holding off but seems like a great deal with the free DLC coming up.
That's a heck of a deal for a hell of a game.

As much as I love GoWR, the thought of roguelite DLC doesn't excite me in the least. I'm glad that it's free, and I'll check out impressions, but I think I would rather have a paid expansion than a roguelite mode.

RIP.

Well, hopefully this means Part 3 will just bring back Factions. It was so much fun in the first game so this is definitely a bummer, as unsurprising at it is.

I’m cool with this as I would rather the studio not become full on GaaS. I’m sure there is more to this cancellation than just that, but would hate to lose the ND single player games if that was a possibility.

The Insomniac leak is fucking wild. Their output for the rest of the generation is just straight up absurd. Can only imagine how they’re accomplishing that

Do not enter threads to engage in inflammatory rhetoric. - MissingNo., Dardan Sandiego, Tangerine Cookie, meatbag
The Insomniac leak is fucking wild. Their output for the rest of the generation is just straight up absurd. Can only imagine how they’re accomplishing that
If they need advice on how to spam mass produce children's superhero licenced games, they could consult with what's left of THQ.

Back
Top Bottom