• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

Not expecting any more big PS4 games after Ragnarok, so it'll be the console's swansong for me.
Herman Hulst did say they are considering first party games for PS4 into 2023 and even beyond. Who knows if this is just to placate investors. Can’t imagine the marquee releases doing this though just based on pushing graphical capabilities.

Some of Sony's first GAAS games will probably be cross-gen. Helldivers 2 and likely Factions.

Besides that and MLB The Show, first party cross-gen games should be coming to an end. If Sony announced a brand new game for cross gen at this point, the internet will massacre them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sonys entire slate for a few years is cross gen. I'm fully expecting Spider Man 2 to be cross gen.

Last edited:
Coming in at 9 hours on Ragnarök. I've posted impressions in the ST earlier today. It's a good, sometimes great, game, and leagues above Horizon as far as first-party exclusives I've played this year goes.

But playing them back to back, I can't help but feel like they're similar in many ways, and I've always had this feeling recently that all the "cinematic third person action adventure" first-party exclusives sort of blend in together more and more. Like, I wouldn't be surprised in the future if The Last of Us got EXP, God of War got stealth and Aloy got a daughter.

Looks like plus subscriptions will be 25% off starting Friday. I waffles on getting it until I really felt I needed it, but this is a good time to sub. Now to decide between extra or premium (not sure premium is worth it but for the discounts it might be the best option).

What's 25% off a year of Extra come to? I have no idea what the new PS Plus price tiers are actually. I could be persuaded to jump up to Extra if the price is right. Not that I need more games in the backlog.

My PS5 God of War bundle is coming in tomorrow. Pretty excited! I have fallen a bit behind on playstation exclusives in recent years, though. Still need to finish GoW 2018, but I might just restart it at this point since it's been so long.

That doesn't sound too bad. Are PS+ subs prorated if I wanted to upgrade to Extra?
I… have no idea. I think so, maybe? Since I stuck with Essential I didn’t pay much attention to all the pricing stuff back when the tiers were announced.

My PS5 God of War bundle is coming in tomorrow. Pretty excited! I have fallen a bit behind on playstation exclusives in recent years, though. Still need to finish GoW 2018, but I might just restart it at this point since it's been so long.
Nice, congratulations! GoWR is absolutely incredible, better than 2018 in every way, which is saying a lot because GoW 2018 is a masterpiece. I hope you enjoy your new console!

I think this might be the best thread for this, Sony is now directly publishing Lost Soul Aside from their China Hero Project.

I played the demo at PSX years ago and it was a very fun Devil May Cry like game with some FF Versus XIII influence. It’s described here as an Action RPG, so I’ll be curious to learn how it has evolved since.

Big sale starting tomorrow. Basically anything you want will be on some kind of discount. Don’t envy Captain from Outer Space making the deal thread on the other site…

Big sale starting tomorrow. Basically anything you want will be on some kind of discount. Don’t envy Captain from Outer Space making the deal thread on the other site…

I’ve been waiting for Harmonix’s Amplitude reboot to go on sale ever since I got my PS5. Maybe this is the time!

I was in a Walmart today and saw they had three PS5 disc consoles on the shelf. I was blown away. If anyone wants a PS5, apparently they're available now to where you can just walk into a store and get one. ymmv of course.

I was in a Walmart today and saw they had three PS5 disc consoles on the shelf. I was blown away. If anyone wants a PS5, apparently they're available now to where you can just walk into a store and get one. ymmv of course.
This is like when you see one of those elusive animals on a safari. You know not exists in the wild but usually you have to go to the zoo (in this case online store) to see one.

For all horror fans here.

Watching footage of the original game, I think they did a really good job with the graphics.

Can't play it myself, too easily scared lol, but will enjoy watching streams.

Plus Collection leaving PS5 in May. If you have plus and haven’t redeemed these, do it now. It’s worth it evens to get one month of plus for all the titles you get.

At least the first party stuff is already on the PS Extra tier.
Yeah. I assume this is just a way to continue to drive subscriptions to the higher tiers. My hope is that they might do another overhaul and just have the one extra tier but I assume that would have been announced with this.

Yeah. I assume this is just a way to continue to drive subscriptions to the higher tiers. My hope is that they might do another overhaul and just have the one extra tier but I assume that would have been announced with this.

I remain hopeful that the Premium tier will actually be viable sooner than later. It is crazy how much value is in the Extra tier, but Sony continues to drop the ball with their retro offerings.

I remain hopeful that the Premium tier will actually be viable sooner than later. It is crazy how much value is in the Extra tier, but Sony continues to drop the ball with their retro offerings.
I’m thinking of upgrading to premium myself as there are a lot of PS4 games that are on there that I never played (just getting say, Gravity Rush and Yakuza collection as separate purchases would pay for the difference and then some). But extra has so much I’m not sure I would even get to those premium titles.

Plus Collection leaving PS5 in May. If you have plus and haven’t redeemed these, do it now. It’s worth it evens to get one month of plus for all the titles you get.

I'm never touching a number of these, but what the heck, might as well redeem the rest of them anyway.

A bit off-topic, but while Ratchet Rift Apart felt a bit rushed and buggy, it was one of the best experiences I had on PS5, so I'm a bit sad that Insomniac is focusing in Marvel games instead of original IPs...

Feels like a good few months are on the horizon. Dead Space in recent weeks, RE4 come the end of the month, SF6 and FF16 are my highlights.

I’m approaching a 1K hours on Genshin Impact - which kind of boggles my mind. Crazy. Still, it’s a comfy pair of slippers I enjoy wearing each day.

I’m resisting the urge to play the RE4 demo. I want to go in fresh. There’s a lot to play at the moment. Good times.

No one posted this today so figured I would. I had Sackboy in order but Amazon seemingly ran out of copies. Saved $20 on that, so thanks for having supply issues I guess.

Not entirely happy about seeing Quarry on PS Plus after having very recently paid 75 Euros for it... Fun romp though!

Sony touting that they have 10 live service games in development gives me no faith in those games when they're notorious for killing live service games a few years after release.

Sony touting that they have 10 live service games in development gives me no faith in those games when they're notorious for killing live service games a few years after release.
Guess going for quantity and hoping one or two stick. Surprised something like Warhawk hasn’t been developed to be something like this (or socom I guess). Guess we will see what they come up with.

I'm currently playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 and absolutely loving it.
I know it's a bit "Ubisoft-formulaic" but it's such fun to play, combat is great and it's so beautiful.
I'll eventually get bored with it but for the moment, it's a blast.

I'm currently playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 and absolutely loving it.
I know it's a bit "Ubisoft-formulaic" but it's such fun to play, combat is great and it's so beautiful.
I'll eventually get bored with it but for the moment, it's a blast.
I have this downloaded to play but wanted a palate cleanse from open world stuff after beating Spider-Man. I am excited though to be able to play at some point.

I've got GoT in my backlog. Picked up the director's cut on sale right when I got my PS5, and I've got every intention of playing it, but it feels like one of those games that's gonna languish in the backlog forever.

I'm ok with Sony forums, even if it's about Xbox/PC(or CBS:)).
It's mostly not my kind of games I like to play if we are talking about Exclusives.first party, but I have to admit I liked playing Tekken3 in the past and Castlevania SOTN.

The only thing I don't like about the controllers from playstation are the broken Dpad(not that it matters because most games are 3D) and the left analog not being on top. I know with playstation1 they probably made the choice for doing that because a lot of games were still 2D and they probably leave it like that because many Sony owners are familier with it.

@Op: You mentioned psVita, didn't you mean PSVR2?

I have this downloaded to play but wanted a palate cleanse from open world stuff after beating Spider-Man. I am excited though to be able to play at some point.
Yeah, I get that, I wasn't going to play it just now as I'm not long after Elden Ring and Horizon:FW but it has it's hooks in me, needs a few hours to click but it's getting more of my time than Metroid Prime:Remastered (The original was my GOAT till BOTW) and Hi-Fi Rush on the Series X.

GoT was a fun game. I kind of hurt myself by trying to do everything in the first part of the map right away. It burned me out. Eventually I just focused on the main campaign and it was a better experience.

GoT was a fun game. I kind of hurt myself by trying to do everything in the first part of the map right away. It burned me out. Eventually I just focused on the main campaign and it was a better experience.
Thanks for the tip, I'm very much risking the same, think I'm 20 hours in and maybe not so far in Act 1.

I kind of hurt myself by trying to do everything in the first part of the map right away. It burned me out. Eventually I just focused on the main campaign and it was a better experience.
This is my issue with these types of games in general; same with something like Horizon Zero Dawn e.g.: I just can't put aside most of the busy work, which almost necessarily leads to me burning out early on into titles like them. It's a bit frustrating tbh, and I end up imagining how much more I'd like them if they were linear instead.

Back
Top Bottom