• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

This would be Microsoft doing a press conference to announce the death of Xbox.

Like, it's giving FF15 DLC cancellation stream vibes.
Xbox is already dead. It would take a miracle and a half to seriously compete with PlayStation again.

Going full 3rd party and turning Xbox into a GP machine is probably their most profitable course of action.

Most of the PS5 generation hasn't been interesting to me from a first-party perspective (mostly interested in just Insomniac's games, plus Sackboy and maaaaybe Forbidden West), but among the upcoming rumored games, there are two games that would rank pretty highly in terms of interest: Astro Bot and LEGO Horizon.

I've never played an Astro Bot game but always read the PSVR game was amazing. As for LEGO Horizon...I'm less sold because I still need to play both Horizon games and mostly am interested for the story, which I doubt would be as dramatically compelling in the LEGO game. However, I enjoy the LEGO games and have a feeling LEGO Horizon could be more fun for me than either of Guerrilla's games (which I really do need to give a fair shake and fully recognize as high-quality games that may just not be for me in terms of gameplay).

I wonder if we'll see the rumored Horizon remaster/remake soon. I've been holding off on playing Zero Dawn since I'd rather play the most refined version and have a huge backlog I can play while I wait.

Last edited:
I thought the Horizon LEGO thing was about a LEGO set, not a game? Did I miss any new info?
It's a game. Was never any specific rumors about a set; if there were, they would've circulated a long time ago. Lego sets tend to leak pretty early.

Good chance there's a line of sets to coincide with the game eventually though.

Last edited:
It is interesting to see all the projects being worked on within the Horizon IP at the same time. The multiplayer game, the MMO, the LEGO game, and of course Horizon 3 is surely coming. I mean it's a really successful franchise despite the comical release timing, and the world makes sense for different genres. It'd almost be like Horizon becoming Playstation's Mario if these end up working out.

Hoping to get something Ape Escape for the 25th anniversary... I don't expect a new game anymore, but... idk maybe they'll finally find a way to bring Ape Escape 3 to PS5?

So I’ll be getting two fun 3D platformers next year then? Can’t complain
I feel like Astro Bot is always in a monkey paw situation. The PS4 one was great but it was VR only, and the launch one for PS5 was great, but it was a short tech demo.

I won't get excited until it is revealed and we know exactly what it is.

TL;DR

inb4 Astro Bot Nuts n Bolts

I feel like Astro Bot is always in a monkey paw situation. The PS4 one was great but it was VR only, and the launch one for PS5 was great, but it was a short tech demo.

I won't get excited until it is revealed and we know exactly what it is.

TL;DR

inb4 Astro Bot Nuts n Bolts
I see where you’re getting at but, since the quality has never been in question, just the format or type of release, I’m sure it’ll be fine here

I see where you’re getting at but, since the quality has never been in question, just the format or type of release, I’m sure it’ll be fine here
I agree the quality has been there; but is this a series the new highly-risk-averse Sony is going to give a huge budget to to make a game that rivals (using the recent biggest example) Super Mario Odyssey in scope and content?

I agree the quality has been there; but is this a series the new highly-risk-averse Sony is going to give a huge budget to to make a game that rivals (using the recent biggest example) Super Mario Odyssey in scope and content?
I definitely doubt that. Super Mario Odyssey was the holiday release and grand finale of Switch's launch year (sorry, XBC2). Unless Astro Bot's brand is a lot bigger than I realized, I doubt that Astro Bot was ever intended to be the game that Sony will point to as the reason to get a PS5 this holiday season like Mario was and often is.

Honestly, I don't want it to. Part of what I loved about Astro was how brisk an experience it was. They packed a lot into those two hours and nothing got a chance to overstay its welcome!

Nah but that’s fine. I don’t think everything needs to be a big budget affair. So as long as I have a good time with it, I’ll be happy

Is tsushima 2 actually on the table?
If we’re getting a State of Play instead of a full showcase, probably not. It’s gonna happen eventually, but that’s a big 1st party announcement relative to what we normally get in these events.

Sony is also at SGF so something of theirs could also be announced there if we don’t see it at whatever event this week, whether it be Astro, Concord, LEGO Horizon, or Ghost of Tsushima.

Sony might have said it as well, they seem to be keeping things a lot closer to their chest these days in any case. I wouldn't be surprised if it's there or not there either way.
When their games have the sort of hype and sales they do now, makes sense. They don’t need a long drawn-out hype cycle to sell them

Yeah, hoping there’s some good stuff in their next SoP or showcase

Yeah, I don't remember if Sony said that or if it was just insiders saying that it was their approach currently. They did mention a couple days ago that they expect the next few fiscal years after this one to be much bigger as far as first party revenue goes, so I imagine it's likely we'll be seeing their slate soon whether it be this week or their traditional pre-TGS show.

Man, Sony cheaping out on those PS+ discounts on Days of Play again, generally no discounts unless you switch to a higher tier. Already in the highest tier? Thanks for the money, no discounts of you.

Really have to think hard about letting my PS+ Essential run out, without any resub discounts.

Man, Sony cheaping out on those PS+ discounts on Days of Play again, generally no discounts unless you switch to a higher tier. Already in the highest tier? Thanks for the money, no discounts of you.

Really have to think hard about letting my PS+ Essential run out, without any resub discounts.
Yeah. I was hoping they would have the discounts for renewals again. My sub goes through November so maybe it will happen then, but might have to consider dropping to essential (still have so many games just from the monthly stuff and the PS4 collection I haven’t played). Seems like they just expect recurring subs.

Yeah. I was hoping they would have the discounts for renewals again. My sub goes through November so maybe it will happen then, but might have to consider dropping to essential (still have so many games just from the monthly stuff and the PS4 collection I haven’t played). Seems like they just expect recurring subs.

I would totally wait for Black Friday deals ... if freaking Shadow of the Erdtree wouldn't drop in June too ... i just remembered.

PS2 games

(Available in Classics Catalog on June 11 for Premium members)

• Tomb Raider Legend
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

It's about damn time
Yeah. This is very nice. Hopefully we get some of the more unique things (though lots of stuff has been remastered).

I wish that controllers were on sale since I have my pink one drifting.

PS2 games

• Tomb Raider Legend

It's about damn time
Ugh the PS2 version of Sly 1. The HD Trilogy version fixes many problems with the first game, it'll be hard to go back to the old version. Just port the remasters natively, Sony. Don't be cheap.

PS2 games

• Tomb Raider Legend

It's about damn time

This is already more than i expected, let's see how the alleged new emulator handles things.

Also i see this as a definitive signal that Sly Cooper as an IP is super fucking dead.

SLY COOPER FINALLY

I don't care if it's HD or not. The original is fine. I'll take what I can get.

Pls bring Sly 2.

It looks like another drip feed of PS2 games and their locked behind a paywall again. No native disc support for any PS games before PS4 and it doesn't look like that is ever going to change. Whatever form of backwards compatibility there is just gets monetized, it's severely disappointing.

Out of curiosity, would this release of Tomb Raider Legend lower the chances of a LAU collection in the style of 1-3 Remastered happening?

It looks like another drip feed of PS2 games and their locked behind a paywall again. No native disc support for any PS games before PS4 and it doesn't look like that is ever going to change. Whatever form of backwards compatibility there is just gets monetized, it's severely disappointing.
I mean, I can’t imagine it’d be easy to get BC for pre-PS4 systems nor would all that many people really take advantage of it. Would be nice but it does make sense to go with re-releases, remasters, and remakes instead. At the very least, I’m hopeful that we’ll see our libraries continue to carry forward so as long as it’s technically possible

Maybe some PlayStation game store on PC or a streaming stick for their games? Or something more along the lines of PSVR2?

PS2 games

• Tomb Raider Legend

It's about damn time
These should be purchasable as well, right? I doubt I'll ever subscribe to anything more than the basic PS+, yet as a formerly exclusive Nintendo player, I might want to check out on PS2 classics that I missed.

Back
Top Bottom