• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

Sadist

Mad Titan
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
maxresdefault.jpg

But this is a Nintendo focussed board! Well yeah, but sssshhh don't tell our Nintendo Overlords! All jokes aside, even we Nintendo fans love to play on different platforms and the PlayStation still offers a wide variety of games we enjoy. Even better, that's a good reason to talk about all things PlayStation, first party, third party releases and what in this thread right here! Let's get started.

While the PS4 is nearing the end of it's life, the system is nowhere dead yet. Lots of games still release on the system, even the big names that need to push it's newer little big brother. The PS5 is the eyecatcher right now and is starting to get in the groove. While Covid-19 sadly impacted the industry as a whole, we can probably expect that 2022 will finally be the year where the PS5 will get a steady flow of cool releases. At this point still coming to the system next to Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima DC...

1. Death Stranding: Director's Cut (Out now!)​
  2. Horizon Forbidden West (18th of February 2022)​
  3. Gran Turismo 7 (4th of March 2022)​
  4. Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (2022)​
  5. God of War Ragnarok (2022)​
  6. Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)​
  7. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake (TBD)​
  8. Marvel's Wolverine (TBD)​
So discuss all your PS5, PS4, PSVita and everything else here :D

Updates on recent Sony news

- God of War sells 19,5 million copies, Steam release announced
- State of Play for 27th of October announced. Focus on third party content

Last edited:
What year is this?! :oops:

It's a shame I can't use a DualSense on a PS4, btw. I think the controller is so much better than the DualShock 4, even without the PS5 specific features. Ergonomics are way better, and I like the new design, though I still do wish they'd do asymmetrical sticks, too.

Right now I am playing Death Stranding on PS5. Not sure what to make of it so far. I still have in the backlog

• Days Gone
  • MediEvil
  • Ghost of Tsusima

Really looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West next year!

I'm going to either start God of War 2018 or Tearaway Unfolded as my next PS5 game I feel, just dunno which one first.

Not much to get this year from me although I am interested in grabbing Tales of Arise, and potentially Miles Morales

Right now I am playing Death Stranding on PS5. Not sure what to make of it so far. I still have in the backlog

• Days Gone
  • MediEvil
  • Ghost of Tsusima

Really looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West next year!
Which chapter with Death Stranding?

The game is very weird, but when it opens up and you keep going, the game becomes really cool and interesting. It really is about the journey and not the goal in this one.

Which chapter with Death Stranding?

The game is very weird, but when it opens up and you keep going, the game becomes really cool and interesting. It really is about the journey and not the goal in this one.

I'm closing in on the end of Chapter 3 (I think). The journey is fun. My one gripe is that I have to take materials to each post when I want to expand the road instead of the usual video game magic of all resources going into a bottomless pocket. I guess that would take away form the experience though.

Yeah I understand what you mean, but with bringing back those resources you learn about the surrounding area and about safe routes or quick get aways.

I'm going to either start God of War 2018 or Tearaway Unfolded as my next PS5 game I feel, just dunno which one first.

Not much to get this year from me although I am interested in grabbing Tales of Arise, and potentially Miles Morales
I'm begging you here to get Judgment already.

I have a massive PS backlog since I mostly focused on Nintendo, but I've been knocking out some PS games lately on my PS5. Just finished Kena which I thought was great. Now I have to go back and play games like God of War, Bloddborne, Ghost of Tsushima and plenty more. Kinda looking forward to diving in.

I bought Spiderman Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, my copy should arrive by Monday. I'm a still a bit salty Sony never tried to have a upgrade path for owners of the original game, specially those like me who got the Game of the year edition at the PSN. Maybe that is my punishment because I sold my physical copy to get the digital goty version almost for free :/

The last game I finished on my PS5 was Psychonauts 2, absolutely loved that game. Been a little more focused on my Switch lately, though. None of the PS exclusives have grabbed me since the launch of the PS5, other than Miles Morales. I am looking forward to the new God of War, that looks great (all praise thicc Thor).

I did recently get a dirt cheap copy of Cyberpunk 2077, and that is certainly a game. But much like the Witcher 3, I just don't feel compelled to go back to it.

I played a ton of Death Stranding over the weekend. I finished Order 61 for Heartman. At the beginning I was trying to do all of the orders but around the time I hit Chapter 3 I decided to just stick to the main story. I like building roads but only being able to carry "x" amount of cargo is a pain sometimes. I get that it is part of the experience but when you take "your character has bottomless pockets" for granted it really sucks lol. Traveling through the mountains has been a huge pain in the butt so I am doing everything I can to flood the area with zip lines.

Comparing where I am to a walkthrough, it seems like I starting to close in on the end. The story has been all over the place but I feel like Kojima is saving more insane stuff for the end. Exciting!

What did the fine folks here think of Kena: Bridge of Spirits? I was massively disappointed, personally. The game has qualities, but I just couldn't find it in myself to care much about what was going on, both gameplay-wise and narratively. For me, it really felt like a game that is missing something.

My copy of Miles Morales Ultimate arrived yesterday and even after a year I can't understand pretty well the combat of the first game. I will try play in the easiest difficulty and just think Spider-Man is pretty awesome.

'sup
Got me a Vita this year actually
I think I'm getting close to the end of Gravity Rush and I intend to get back to it. I also played a bit of Wipeout 2048, Mega Man Legends, and Soul Sacrifice Delta. Had a pretty hard time focusing on only one title xD
I'll focus more on it again later as I'm trying some stuff elsewhere and Dread is coming soon, but it's a cool device with a cool library

excited to play kena: bridge of spirits. basically bought it on a whim. resident evil village is my next ps5 game though.

A system that right now mostly sells on brand power alone, hardware inferior to Xbox Series X, with an even higher last gen port heavy 1st party lineup than Switch in the same time frame. And also the worst 1st party prospects of the three competitors, after MSs significant studio Investments.

What did the fine folks here think of Kena: Bridge of Spirits? I was massively disappointed, personally. The game has qualities, but I just couldn't find it in myself to care much about what was going on, both gameplay-wise and narratively. For me, it really felt like a game that is missing something.
Wasn’t disappointed because I knew it was their debut game and all, but yeah, it had issues.

Definitely enjoyed it a bunch, but they focused too much on intense combat encounters when they didn’t have the solid foundation to build that on.

Narratively as well it was weird, yeah. Needed a small prologue I think to introduce us to who Kena is and give some insight into what she’s up to, it feels like it opens at the beginning of the second act and then never fills in the details.

Finished Death Stranding. Definitely a Kojima game all the way through lol.

Starting to wind down on my PS4 backlog now. Only a handful of games left. I'm thinking Nioh will be my next one. That or Days Gone

I hate sony cause they get too arrogant (remember the ps3 days) but I do like some of their games so its like Il check em out sometimes.

Recently finished Lost Judgment and frankly, its probably my GOTY. I really hope we get a third in a few years, it'd be a shame to see Yagami's story end here.

Anyone here playing Alan Wake Remastered? How's the Duelsense support? Playing on PC, but might double-dip on PS5 if this game has good Duelsense support.

I didn't see this thread yet while it's been made since oct 1st lol. Glad there's also other plarform talk here!

Anyone here playing Alan Wake Remastered? How's the Duelsense support? Playing on PC, but might double-dip on PS5 if this game has good Duelsense support.
I’m curious about this. What’s the gameplay loop and mechanics like?
I haven’t had a platform to play it on until now so I’ve never really paid attention to it but I feel most I’ve heard about it has been positive.

I’m curious about this. What’s the gameplay loop and mechanics like?
I haven’t had a platform to play it on until now so I’ve never really paid attention to it but I feel most I’ve heard about it has been positive.
The combat and enemy variety is fun but repetitive and the weakest part of the game. What you do the first enemy encounter is what you are doing the rest of the game. But the story, atmosphere and art direction more than make that up for me. It's like a mix Twin Peaks, Twilight Zone, and Stephen King that creates a wonderful atmosphere to play with.

If you played and enjoy the Max Payne games you will probably enjoy this too.

It would be cool if someone also made a general "Microsoft Xbox Discussion" thread too.

Because we do have an Xbox prefix tag, if someone wants to take advantage of it.
It would be better if it's someone who primarily plays on Xbox, and could update it.

I got back to Nioh 2 and beat Shuten Doji. Dude has some amazing looking hair.

Also finished Trails of Cold Steel 1. What a cliffhanger. I almost wanted to start the second game right after because the ending was so hype. But i will take a break before continuing the series.

This seems like the best place to ask this question - I’m looking into buying a PS4, mainly for Kingdom Hearts. I’d also play FFXV and VII Remake. Would the base PS4 be sufficient or would I need to find a Pro? I don’t have a 4K TV, but truth be told I haven’t followed PlayStation in a long time so I don’t know if the PS4 Pro is just for 4K or if there’s a performance boost for regular old 1080p gameplay. Are there games that run worse on a base PS4?

This seems like the best place to ask this question - I’m looking into buying a PS4, mainly for Kingdom Hearts. I’d also play FFXV and VII Remake. Would the base PS4 be sufficient or would I need to find a Pro? I don’t have a 4K TV, but truth be told I haven’t followed PlayStation in a long time so I don’t know if the PS4 Pro is just for 4K or if there’s a performance boost for regular old 1080p gameplay. Are there games that run worse on a base PS4?
There certainly are a bunch of titles running worse on PS4 (Slim) compared to Pro, yeah. Honestly, if you can snatch up a Pro instead for a good price, I'd say go for that model instead. Even some older titles profit from a (forced) CPU boost you can trigger as an option in the settings, without the games necessarily needing a patch. Unlocked framerates can see gains that way.
You also have the benefit of Pro optimised games often offering choices between different game modes, i.e. performance, graphics, resolution modes and the like. FF XV e.g. does feature three modes iirc.
Some base PS4 games that didn't make it to 1080p anymore in the latter half of the system's life (2017 onwards, mostly) run at that resolution or higher on the Pro as well, so it's even a win for 1080p screen owners.

The only BIG downside I experienced with mine while I had it was its noice. Holy fuck, that machine was a jet engine. The Slim I got afterwards is much more silent, but obviously doesn't offer what a Pro can. You'd have to live with quite a few games, some from Square Enix, running at 900p and the like, potentially with more performance issues as well than you'd see on the Pro.
Can't comment on VIIR and KH(3) specifically, though, as I've never bothered with either on the system. (Still waiting for VIIR to make its way to PC. +.+')

Good to finally post in a Playstation OT thread - wasn't able to join resetera for whatever reason.

Anyway what are people playing? Just finished Tails of Iron and now I'm addicted to Crown Trick. Put down Kena and F.I.S.T. recently, need to get back to them. Also have an hour left to finish up Ratchet - incredible year for Playstation.

Happy this thread exists.

My PlayStation backlog is enormous. I was lucky enough to grab a PS5 earlier this year, but truth be told, I could have survived another two years without it. It's a wonderful device, but I have so many PS4 games yet to be played that it's being used almost exclusively as a PS4 Pro PRO. I also have a decent number of native PS5 games as well, so I'm never going to run out of things to play lol.

Looking forward to Elden Ring, Horizon: Forbidden West, Sifu, and God of War: Ragnarok. And hopefully a Bloodborne remaster at some point. For those unaware, Bloodborne is the greatest non-Nintendo game ever made.

Figured that i will try to be funny and post on the PS OT on the gaming side of a Nintendo focused forum.

Still waiting for PS5 to be available readily where i am so i can impulse buy it. There are zero exclusive that i need to play on PS5 now lol.

I'd either purchase a base PS4 or spend a bit extra on a PS5 (if you can find one, that is). I don't really feel PS4 Pro is worth it these days.

Since I have an active PS Now subscription until next July (because I honestly forgot about it and didn't cancel), I decided to give The Last Of Us Part II a try. I enjoyed the first one well enough, and so far I'm actually enjoying this one a lot too. I'm not that far, just the first semi-open area, but it's had some nice little character moments. I also appreciate that the gameplay seems to be a bit more streamlined (no more crafting shivs to stealth kill enemies).

Of course all this could change as I go on, but for now I'm having a good time with it.

Since I have an active PS Now subscription until next July (because I honestly forgot about it and didn't cancel), I decided to give The Last Of Us Part II a try. I enjoyed the first one well enough, and so far I'm actually enjoying this one a lot too. I'm not that far, just the first semi-open area, but it's had some nice little character moments. I also appreciate that the gameplay seems to be a bit more streamlined (no more crafting shivs to stealth kill enemies).

Of course all this could change as I go on, but for now I'm having a good time with it.
You're in for quite a ride.

Back
Top Bottom