• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

9IMVYYw.gif

sam-lake-big.jpg

Please be less inflammatory in criticism of dev studios, in order to keep discussions fruitful. - meatbag, MissingNo, Tangerine Cookie
Is so wonderful that insomniac will forever be a Marvel shit studios

The Marvel cinematic universe cannot die soon enough

Why not consult with Nintendo for children's games?
Yeah I've heard they are the masters of them, won Best Family Game this year and every year at TGAs. No need to consult THQ when you have the masters of children's entertainment right there at Nintendo.

I'm just trying to engage in some playful banter, no need to take everything so seriously. I've never even played an Insomniac game lol.
Sony is this forum’s favorite punching bag and I don’t understand why

Some good info has come out of the leaks if nothing else, outdated but still accurate as of early last year figures for sales of games and their regional splits, performance digitally and budgets and all that. The type of info that was never going to be released publicly in any other way unfortunately, the info is out there so I see no real point in banning it as has been discussed in certain places. Not like it's easily enforceable either, banning threads on the leaks is one thing but what about if people make claims in other tangentially related threads that are contradicted by the leaks? Like I said it's out there so it'll find its way into discussions one way or another.

I also think it's very poor for Push Square and one or two other sites to publicly state their intentions to not host/create articles on these leaks when they were more than happy to for Capcom's in particular only a few years ago, which was a very similar situation. If I was a Capcom employee I'd be writing to them to explain why they didn't get the same treatment for sure.

We've got a decently loaded next couple months but we'll kind of be in the dark again pretty soon after, at least 1st party wise (outside of the leaks, obviously). Hopefully they have a Showcase lined up for Spring/Summer that gives us a better idea as to what is coming than last year's did.

Do any of the knowledgeable people in this forum is there's any truth to the rumor of From making another game with Sony?

We've got a decently loaded next couple months but we'll kind of be in the dark again pretty soon after, at least 1st party wise (outside of the leaks, obviously). Hopefully they have a Showcase lined up for Spring/Summer that gives us a better idea as to what is coming than last year's did.
Kinda odd how it doesn’t really feel like it, given that none are PlayStation Studios developed besides Last of Us II Remastered (which is a smaller release). It’s fine enough to “not count” Final Fantasy VII Rebirth since that’s just moneyhatted, but Rise of the Ronin and Helldivers II are genuine PlayStation 1st party titles still.

Its interesting how Nintendo and Microsoft’s external partner developed titles are often considered just as legitimate as their internally developed titles, while Sony’s have a bit of a weird stigma surrounding them.

Kinda odd how it doesn’t really feel like it, given that none are PlayStation Studios developed besides Last of Us II Remastered (which is a smaller release). It’s fine enough to “not count” Final Fantasy VII Rebirth since that’s just moneyhatted, but Rise of the Ronin and Helldivers II are genuine PlayStation 1st party titles still.
Yeah, I think the only other 1st party thing besides that that is confirmed for 2024 is Concord?

I never really jump on the “they owe us trailers” train that fandoms hop into real quick. But I am super anxious to see what all their studios are actually working on, so hopefully we see soon.

Baldur's Gate 3 is on sale digitally in NA, down to $62.99. Nice to save a couple bucks if you were already planning on grabbing it over the holidays

Nintendo vs Playstation is a near 30 year old beef.
It has gotten much worse since the PS4 generation. Folks here see these AAA prestige games as the enemy in some imaginary war against gameplay, just like folks at the other place view Nintendo's output as overrated child's playthings. It's exhausting!

It has gotten much worse since the PS4 generation. Folks here see these AAA prestige games as the enemy in some imaginary war against gameplay, just like folks at the other place view Nintendo's output as overrated child's playthings. It's exhausting!
really tho, both are terrible because video games are evil.

So I only just started looking into Granblue Fantasy Relink and it looks incredible. Like the fantasy class based action rpg like a monster hunter that I've always wanted.

Is this game not popular or something in the west? It looks like something that theoretically should blow up in popularity.

I haven't heard many people talk about it in my circle.

So I only just started looking into Granblue Fantasy Relink and it looks incredible. Like the fantasy class based action rpg like a monster hunter that I've always wanted.

Is this game not popular or something in the west? It looks like something that theoretically should blow up in popularity.

I haven't heard many people talk about it in my circle.
It's a spinoff of a gacha game that isn't popular in the west, and it comes out within days of a new Tekken, Persona and Yakuza.

You all are welcome. Bought REmake 2 (and 3 so I at least get that one as well) last week and now it’s added to PS plus.

Do you know what would win over the people of japan to buy PlayStation again? Just make a new powerful handheld and have actual first-party support this time

Very excited to watch this. Really like how they're patching it into the game itself.

HI PSFam. Late to the PS party but I bought myself a PS5 last month mostly to play the big mainstream exclusives. I've had all the Nintendo consoles+handhelds and most of the Xboxes. Never had a PS2, PS3, or PS4 (but did have PSP and Vita), so I've been missing the main PlayStation experience for about 25 years.

There's a ton to catch up on, but I started with Astro Bot, Spider-Man Remastered and TLoU Part 1. Spidey blew me away and TLoU is gripping as hell. Can't wait to dive into Miles, Spidey 2, and TLoU2. I'll definitely play R&C, maybe GT7 and The FF7 remakes. Just trying to pace myself and not burn out on one type of game (not playing all the spideys back to back). There's so much I already know I want to play and I'm still tempted to check out PS Plus.

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with the console and these games. The experience feels very polished (moreso than Xbox - maybe waiting 3 years after launch helped a lot here) and the DualSense easily the best controller today. I think what finally pushed me over the edge after all these years was the PS Portal. Amazed at how well that works. I've done plenty of cloud and local streaming with Xbox to various devices, but the DualSense, the screen, streaming quality and level of integration with the platform have all been top notch for me.

HI PSFam. Late to the PS party but I bought myself a PS5 last month mostly to play the big mainstream exclusives. I've had all the Nintendo consoles+handhelds and most of the Xboxes. Never had a PS2, PS3, or PS4 (but did have PSP and Vita), so I've been missing the main PlayStation experience for about 25 years.

There's a ton to catch up on, but I started with Astro Bot, Spider-Man Remastered and TLoU Part 1. Spidey blew me away and TLoU is gripping as hell. Can't wait to dive into Miles, Spidey 2, and TLoU2. I'll definitely play R&C, maybe GT7 and The FF7 remakes. Just trying to pace myself and not burn out on one type of game (not playing all the spideys back to back). There's so much I already know I want to play and I'm still tempted to check out PS Plus.

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with the console and these games. The experience feels very polished (moreso than Xbox - maybe waiting 3 years after launch helped a lot here) and the DualSense easily the best controller today. I think what finally pushed me over the edge after all these years was the PS Portal. Amazed at how well that works. I've done plenty of cloud and local streaming with Xbox to various devices, but the DualSense, the screen, streaming quality and level of integration with the platform have all been top notch for me.
Congrats on the new system! Those games you’re playing are all fantastic. The PS5 has become my primary gaming platform over the past few years. I’ve been very happy with it!

I’m glad you’re liking the Portal, too. I don’t have one, but I have a Logitech G Cloud which does remote play very well, and it’s transformed the way I use my PlayStation.

PS5 (with plus premium) is a great entry for anyone that didn’t have a PS4 (or earlier). That’s where I came in and it’s been great. Have fun enjoying all the cool stuff there is play.

I’m glad you’re liking the Portal, too. I don’t have one, but I have a Logitech G Cloud which does remote play very well, and it’s transformed the way I use my PlayStation.
Not surprised. In my experience, the PS Remote Play feature is very efficient and stable. My consoles are wired, I have great wifi and the router is next to me when I'm streaming. Xbox Series X streaming is sometimes flaky to my iPhone 13 Pro but PS Remote Play runs perfectly even to my 2015 iPad. The Portal is just the right size and having the native controller is great because of all the features. Also I'm still learning which button is X on this thing.

PS5 (with plus premium) is a great entry for anyone that didn’t have a PS4 (or earlier). That’s where I came in and it’s been great. Have fun enjoying all the cool stuff there is play.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll give it a shot once I make it through the games I bought. I also claimed some PS4 games when Sony was giving those away (Uncharted trilogy, Horizon ZD, R&C Remastered, Journey).

I really wish they kept that PS Plus collection they had for a few years going, it was a pretty good lineup of picks from the PS4 gen, outside of using vanilla Persona 5, and Detroit being there at all

No Return is fire.

As someone who had issues with the story of Part II, I feel that it’s very cool to have this sort of tighter, more focused experience where you can get immersed and engaged in the gameplay without all the story context.

It’s just so well set up, the way that rewards work, the dynamic scaling of the difficulty that somehow always feels fair despite the randomized encounters… I’ve never played a roguelike before but the format is so perfect for this kind of game.

My favourite thing about the encounters of Part II is how extremely flexible it is, and how the open level design and multitude of options makes no encounters feel the same, and where your greatest weapon is your strategic ingenuity. The randomized nature of No Return amplifies this significantly. Dipping into a run just to see what kind of situations you end up in and what outcome every encounter have is incredibly addictive, because every run becomes so varied and unique. I’ve had so much vastly different things happen to me, from being cornered by three charging clickers with only one arrow to spare, to being caught up in situations where I was 0.01 seconds away from a death.

While it does sort of shine a light on one of the issues I have with Part II as a whole (how it’s supposed to be this visceral, uncomfortable narrative about the cycle of violence, but the combat is super satisfying and thrilling) it still leaves the impression that there’s no denying what a meticulously crafted shooter this is, and how extremely well it fits into the format of No Return.

Brb, just one more run.

EDIT: I made it to the bloater on moderate difficulty after spending the entire morning with failed run after failed run. Each run is 6 stages, and the final stage is a boss of some kind, this time it was the arcade bloater. (The previous stage was the resort, where I found myself crouched behind the bathroom stalls with seven WLF members on high alert) It had me swing my last two molotovs at it, then I only had my gun left. I managed to unload a few shots, then the runners got me and I missed a swing from the bloater with the fraction of a second. I used up the rest of my shots, and I really, really thought I had it, but then I was hit from behind by a runner.

I am not kidding, I'm shaking with so much adrenaline that I can barely type this.

Last edited:
The music in the opening tutorial area is đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś

Haven't even started playing the game yet coz I'm jamming to this song lol

Helldivers 2 is pretty damn good. If anyone plays and wants to squad up, my psn name is Scrawnton.
I was just wondering how many Fami folks were playing it. I think I'll post a dedicated thread and see đź‘€

Do you guys think we will get some more single player first party games announced this year? I’ve been a little dissapointed with the output on ps5 so far, but I’m hoping that 2025 is the year they get into a good stride of regular ps5 exclusive first party games

Do you guys think we will get some more single player first party games announced this year? I’ve been a little dissapointed with the output on ps5 so far, but I’m hoping that 2025 is the year they get into a good stride of regular ps5 exclusive first party games

I would expect for Sony single player output for the near future, it will be

Astro Bot 3-2024/2025
Death Stranding 2-2025
Venom-2025
God of War Atreus spinoff-2025/2026
Wolverine-2026
Ghost of Tsushima 2-2026
Horizon 3-2027
Naughty Dog new IP-2027/2028
Sony Santa Monica next game-2027+
Spider-Man 3: 2029

(Ghost of Tsushima 2 will have a lot of online elements though as they seem to want to build off Legends)

I would expect for Sony single player output for the near future, it will be

Astro Bot 3-2024/2025
Death Stranding 2-2025
Venom-2025
God of War Atreus spinoff-2025/2026
Wolverine-2026
Ghost of Tsushima 2-2026
Horizon 3-2027
Naughty Dog new IP-2027/2028
Sony Santa Monica new IP-2027+
Spider-Man 3: 2029

(Ghost of Tsushima 2 will have a lot of online elements though as they seem to want to build off Legends)
That all seems well and good. I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of their output recently. I appreciate that these are successful brands and studios don’t have infinite time and resources. I just wish so many ps franchises didn’t have to die. Like it’s a shame they don’t seem willing to work with outside developers to bring back killzone, jak and daxter, say cooper, infamous, little big planet, motor storm, resistance ect….

There are so many brands that defined the playstation over the years. I understand why in the age of 350 million dollar budgets they want to double down on their biggest franchises. But as someone who adored these games on the ps2, 3, and even at the start of the ps4, it just sucks they had to die.

I do wonder if it might be Sony’s time to remaster some of these ps3 games? The ps now solution isn’t great, and remastering ps3 games would be a good way to fill out the now longer gaps between their new releases. Like ratchet and clank: a crack in time, isn’t just one of the best ratchet games, it’s one of my top 15 games of all time. Its a shame its stuck on the ps3 and the only official widely available means of playing it now is a streaming solution that can vary pretty wildly in quality.

That all seems well and good. I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of their output recently. I appreciate that these are successful brands and studios don’t have infinite time and resources. I just wish so many ps franchises didn’t have to die. Like it’s a shame they don’t seem willing to work with outside developers to bring back killzone, jak and daxter, say cooper, infamous, little big planet, motor storm, resistance ect….

There are so many brands that defined the playstation over the years. I understand why in the age of 350 million dollar budgets they want to double down on their biggest franchises. But as someone who adored these games on the ps2, 3, and even at the start of the ps4, it just sucks they had to die.

I do wonder if it might be Sony’s time to remaster some of these ps3 games? The ps now solution isn’t great, and remastering ps3 games would be a good way to fill out the now longer gaps between their new releases. Like ratchet and clank: a crack in time, isn’t just one of the best ratchet games, it’s one of my top 15 games of all time. Its a shame its stuck on the ps3 and the only official widely available means of playing it now is a streaming solution that can vary pretty wildly in quality.

Yeah, Sony outsourced a lot of their IPs on the PSP and did Sly 4 on the PS3, but they've basically stopped in the last decade and it's been a little weird.

So, a report just dropped that Sony is stopping production of PSVR2 because it's sitting a a lot of unsold stock. The following is my crap post that summarizes how I feel about all of this.

Sony in 2014: Let the Vita die. The handheld market is dead. Let's divert those resources and go all in on the VR market.

Sony in 2024: Let the PSVR2 die. The VR market is dead. Let's divert those resources and go all in on the handheld market.

Bumping this just to say that Rise of the Ronin is a banger of a videogame.

Bought it on a whim after reading some great impressions and i'm having a ton of fun. It's absolutely not trying to reinvent the wheel with the open world's structure but it has probably the best combat out of any open world game i've played. Doing pretty much everything feels fast, painless, deliberate and most of all...just fun.

Strongly recommended.

I always enjoy Ben's interview with devs across the industry , excited to listen to this.

So now we have Astro, Concord, and LEGO Horizon being seen imminently rumors. One of those could be at SGF, but seems too likely that we’ll see some event next week.

Back
Top Bottom