• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

GRID Legends is a very good mid-tier racing game, and Descenders is a pretty cool mountain biking game. I don’t care about Chivalry, but this is a decent month thanks to the other two games.
I quite like mid tier racing games. In fact, I like them more than the premier titles usually. So that’s good to hear.

I'm adding the games to my library, but I doubt that I will ever touch them. Speaking of PlayStation...

I started up Forspoken the other night, currently on chapter 4. I have to say that there is some fun, not perfect, gameplay tied up with some god-awful pacing and presentation. I feel like I haven't come close to unlocking the full combat system yet, but it good so far. I did have to turn off the adaptive triggers for this game though with how much I've used scatter shot.

The main issue with this game is there has been no flow so far. Chapter 3 was terrible with the whole city portions. <Take five steps, cut scene with dialogue, wait 20 seconds. Rince and repeat> That doesn't lead to a good flow. A lot of times, when I do normal story dialogue with my help (not a cut scene), I still can't move. Even just talking to npc's in town leads to long pauses before being able to walk again. It is very frustrating. Adding up all of these loading times whenever you interact with literally anything leads me to not want to do much extra stuff, which is not what you want in an open world game. I honestly don't get what happened because the power of the PS5 was supposed to be the SSD and cutting down on the loading times, but this does not feel close to what I have already experienced in other games.

I wish I wasn't so down on the game so far because I am digging Frey. She is a fun character to play as and the supporting cast isn't bad either. As it stands I am probably just going to play the main story and be done with it.

Tbh I’ve not used the games of the month in any month since I got my PS5 tbh. Lots of good stuff with PSN Plus imho but that feature is not one of them 🤷‍♂️

Tbh I’ve not used the games of the month in any month since I got my PS5 tbh. Lots of good stuff with PSN Plus imho but that feature is not one of them 🤷‍♂️

I think I'd be lucky to count on one hand how many PS+ games that I have beaten ever since I subbed. (Not including games where I already owned the physical copy)

Well this is some pretty crappy news on a Friday afternoon. PixelOpus was a small team, but I really liked Concrete Genie.

That is too bad. Apparently they were working on something in collaboration with Sony Animation so I guess that's not happening. Hopefully the devs get picked up by some of their other studios.

Ratchet on PC 2 years after the release on PS5. Let's hope that the port is decent at least.

In other news, IGN interviewed Konami. (There's no thread for Metal Gear, so I'm posting this here.)

1) According to KONAMI, director Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa are not involved in the remake.

2) Regarding whether or not there will be further remakes of the series, he received a positive answer, saying, "We will consider it while listening to the voices of our customers."

3) Regarding the development of the remake version, it seems that the development team of KONAMI is at the center, and as rumored, the Singapore studio Virtuos is also cooperating.

Last edited:
They're porting the wrong Ratchet game. They should have started from the very best: DEADLOCKED (for some reason renamed Gladiator in Europe)

I wonder if Rog Ally could run Rift Apart. I really miss portable Racthet...

Ratchet on PC 2 years after the release on PS5. Let's hope that the port is decent at least.

In other news, IGN interviewed Konami. (There's no thread for Metal Gear, so I'm posting this here.)

NGL, I did not realise this was on the cards. Feels weird to think about R&C on PC.

They're porting the wrong Ratchet game. They should have started from the very best: DEADLOCKED (for some reason renamed Gladiator in Europe)

I wonder if Rog Ally could run Rift Apart. I really miss portable Racthet...

Gladiator was amazing. Played it with my cousin a lot during the Christmas after it came out and have extremely fond memories of it. Should try and replay it here soon-ish.

urf.gif

Greedy af, holy shit.
I could see if there was some value add, but did the licensing fees go up at all? Seems like just a way to offset stagnant membership (which still was like 50 million people) to appease shareholders. Nothing changed and they still aren’t putting first party games on here until 2 years post launch. Don’t see costs going up significantly to justify this.

Essential- $20 increase
Extra- $35 increase
Premium- $40 increase

There is no way I'm re-upping. I barely play online with PlayStation to begin with.

Essential- $20 increase
Extra- $35 increase
Premium- $40 increase

There is no way I'm re-upping. I barely play online with PlayStation to begin with.
I’ll probably keep essential only because of the games I’ve accrued and not played. But I don’t use online really other than the FromSoft games I have yet to play but bought physically…

Significant increases to all tiers, absolutely no benefit/reasoning/justification given for subscribers to renew at these higher prices, announced a week in advance, and the cherry on top is the games announced as being added to the service on the same day were... less than exciting. Last one's not important at all but why not mention it I guess.

Yeah as has already been pointed out this looks like a very desperate move after a stagnation of subs since a while ago now that has even resulted in them not disclosing the numbers last report IIRC. Sony have been absolutely adamant that they won't do the obvious move to make this service significantly better (making it a direct Game Pass competitor) so this was I suppose the other option as far as they're concerned, just charge absolutely ludicrous prices and hope for the best...

Utterly embarrassing from Sony.

Last night, I was able to re-up 3 more years of GamePass Ultimate for under $160. That is less than a year of PS Plus Premium. I was already very critical with how Sony handled that tier. There is no way I can tell someone with a straight face to pay $160 for a year of that.

Stuff like this is why I went from PS as my secondary platform of choice to PC. And with how things are going as of late, I probably won't return anytime soon, lol.

Essential- $20 increase
Extra- $35 increase
Premium- $40 increase

That's wild. You would think they would want online pay to not be behind an $80 subscription, considering they're reportedly making a bunch of online games.

Just saw that on install base forum, so I ran to renew my ps premium and I have it until 11/24.

I believe they will keep making sales for this signature program. It expensive now. I really doesn’t make any sense anymore. The worse part is that Nintendo will 100% now increase their price.

Last night, I was able to re-up 3 more years of GamePass Ultimate for under $160. That is less than a year of PS Plus Premium. I was already very critical with how Sony handled that tier. There is no way I can tell someone with a straight face to pay $160 for a year of that.
ayo how you do that tho

Everyone said that if Microsoft buys a ton of studios they will leverage that into raising the price of Gamepass sky high. Sony really is on the cutting edge, they found a way to do it without building up the portfolio of games first.

Stuff like this is why I went from PS as my secondary platform of choice to PC. And with how things are going as of late, I probably won't return anytime soon, lol.
Oh I wish I could. The price barrier is just too real unfortunately!

And before anybody says it: yes I know the Steam Deck is a thing, but that's a portable, I already have a Switch for that. C'mon Valve Steam Machine 2, you know it can work nowadays!

cheapassgamer.com/topic/374921-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-currentexisting-subscribers-50-day-membership-748/

It went up a few cents since then, but it basically comes to $4.88/month for GamePass Ultimate
i know this is the playstation thread, but thanks pal! i'm topped up through august of 2026 now. my kid will be in school before this thing renews o_O

Oh I wish I could. The price barrier is just too real unfortunately!
It's cheaper than it's been for quite a while these days, but you'll be paying more than for a PS5 upfront, there's no doubt about that. Even with an RX6600 you're looking at a ~600-ish bucks build at least, and that GPU isn't even quite on par with a PS5, so... I get where you're coming from.

I hit level 2 yesterday when I bought Castlevania
Yeah. The unfortunate thing is needing to buy games but also having premium and not needing to buy games…luckily you can get stuff routinely for $5 or under to reach that part of it. Getting 128 rare trophies either takes hunting (what most people do) or playing games no one gives a shit about (what I did).

Back
Top Bottom