• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Sonic Frontiers - Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, releasing November 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fa1ghYZX0AAkfJJ.jpg

The games comes out November 8 th. It was shown in a new TV spot that has been set to private.

God of War isn't gonna affect Frontiers all that much I bet.

It probably will since its one of the biggest games this Fall and will be getting all the focus from social media in the days leading to launch. Frontiers looks promising, but Ragnorak is a highly awaited sequel to a 20+ million selling game.

Sega and Sonic Team probably want it to be a Black Friday/last minute Christmas gift parents get

for the Sonic loyalist, of course GoW is a non-factor;.. they wouldn't be buying any other game that season anyway, it's not even a choice; But for the broader mainstream market SEGA is aiming, with this (first in a long-time) 60 dollar game, it will for sure be a hurdle.

And funnily enough, last time SEGA made a full-price Sonic game, it attracted comparisons to God of War and it wasn't on its favor.

Young kids can't buy GoW. Switch only users of course can't buy GoW. Honestly, Pokemon being in the same month will affect the sales of Sonic more than God of War.

Young kids can't buy GoW. Switch only users of course can't buy GoW. Honestly, Pokemon being in the same month will affect the sales of Sonic more than God of War.
this was more my thinking, yeah. the switch version of frontiers is probably gonna be the best selling version, and god of war isn't on the switch.

Oh fuck yes! This looks amazing, anyone who things otherwise is wrong welcome to have their own incorrect opinion.

This was a much stronger trailer than previous efforts. It really goes to show how badly they marketed this thing back in June, placing the game in a really poor light. Now we just need to wait until November to see if they stick the landing.

Worse case scenario in this game? 7/10 banger where you can actually have fun messing around in the Starfall Island areas and the Cyberspace levels are just Forces-tier level design again.

I'm expecting PC Sonic modding community to put in their own levels for the cyberspace ones in a year's time.

The cyberspace levels design seems better than Forces, due to the fact that there are alternate paths lol

This was a much stronger trailer than previous efforts. It really goes to show how badly they marketed this thing back in June, placing the game in a really poor light. Now we just need to wait until November to see if they stick the landing.
They attempted the Nintendo style “minimal showing at first” But majorly fucked it up

Okay Fami I definitely might regret it once it launches but the game definitely looks great and the Switch version trailer looks great too.
I hope they get it right now!

Absolutely lovely trailer. I am very hopeful for frontiers. Definitely doesnt gives off that disaster vibe so far, at worse a disappointment, but could be actually great lol.

Good trailer. Kinda shitty that they released a Nintendo specific trailer that is clearly rendered on non-Switch hardware

No interest in this one, but I'm really hoping for the fans' sake it's a great game. It certainly looks better than last time.

Didn't they confirm somewhere in a stream that the Switch version is the lead platform anyway? (can't find it, so I could be missremembering) For the scope the game has, I only kind expect it at a lower framerate, with slight less detail..

It's not like they're pushing any new ground with this artstyle

Didn't they confirm somewhere in a stream that the Switch version is the lead platform anyway? (can't find it, so I could be missremembering) For the scope the game has, I only kind expect it at a lower framerate, with slight less detail..

It's not like they're pushing any new ground with this artstyle
I don't ever recall them talking about the lead platforms. I'd suspect the PS4 was the lead and they scaled the game up and down from there

I don't ever recall them talking about the lead platforms. I'd suspect the PS4 was the lead and they scaled the game up and down from there
That'd make sense, I suppose..

Either way, before the Direct showing, I thought the game would suffer much more on Switch, but doesn't seem too bad imo.

All I'm seeing is slightly less detail in the far off background loop and less overall craziness in the cyberspace sky.

Good effort, Sega, holy cow.
In motion, the foliage is kind of a mess of pop-in and out, but otherwise not bad. I actually thought that the vague "cartoony-ness" of the softer image actually gave the game a more cohesive aesthetic than the super clean scifi realism + natural foliage +... sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom