• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Red Dead Redemption coming to Switch and PS4 on August 17, physical version on October 13

F3rXJggX0AAwqiU.png

Rebellion north (Switch version developer of all rebellion games) was part of the development

Fidelity of the docked Switch is on par with the PS4 pretty much, that's nice. Handheld essentially looks like the PS3 game, which also is fairly decent for a handheld.

If the game is on cart I’ll definitely pick this up at some point. Adored Red Dead 2 but only played an hour or two of this back in the day so it’s gonna be a largely fresh experience.

Those are the devs behind the Sniper Elite franchise, right? Nice!
Awesome!
Never played any of their ports to switch but I think they all reviewed very well. I remember some reviewers like SwitchUp (I think) lauding their work and the magic they do on switch.
Now I’m interested in this port..shame about no online tho.

F3rXJggX0AAwqiU.png

Rebellion north (Switch version developer of all rebellion games) was part of the development
I was wondering what they'd been up to since Zombie Army 4! These guys are probably THE single finest Switch porting team in the business, their work is downright sorcery in how close they get to the PS4 versions on a system with a fraction the size and power draw.

I really, really hope we get a Sniper Elite 5 port from them too, SE4 on Switch was awesome.

(So, did they do both versions of RDR then? Or just the Switch one?)

I was wondering what they'd been up to since Zombie Army 4! These guys are probably THE single finest Switch porting team in the business, their work is downright sorcery in how close they get to the PS4 versions on a system with a fraction the size and power draw.

I really, really hope we get a Sniper Elite 5 port from them too, SE4 on Switch was awesome.

(So, did they do both versions of RDR then? Or just the Switch one?)
They help but the two versions main developer was Double eleven

I'm seeing mixed messages about AA on Switch. DF will do a separate video soon unless someone else looks into the Switch's options menu

I'm seeing mixed messages about AA on Switch. DF will do a separate video soon unless someone else looks into the Switch's options menu
The European eshop version I have purchased has an option for hd Rumble but not for any anti aliasing in the CONFIG or DISPLAY menus.

Yep, same for me. No AA options at all. On the plus side performance is fantastic! Only a lil dip when it gets packed in Blackwater (Extremely minor and I was looking for it. Also used cheats to get there early) but besides that it's been stable all around in Handheld mode.

Yep, same for me. No AA options at all. On the plus side performance is fantastic! Only a lil dip when it gets packed in Blackwater (Extremely minor and I was looking for it. Also used cheats to get there early) but besides that it's been stable all around in Handheld mode.
How is docked?

Glad to see it's a good port, will definitely be worth picking up when the price comes down a bit. I don't expect that will happen until after the physical is out, but I can wait.

This also comes with the hardcore mode, which was exclusive to the GotY Edition. That version isn’t available digitally.

Also it lets you turn off the golden guns without a dumbass code, unlike the digital Xbox version.

I played red dead on ps3 Luke a decade ago but it's shocking seeing how big a jump the Switch version is over it.

720p/1080p vs 640p
Stable 30fps vs unstable
Significantly faster load times.

Wow 60 fps?
I'm pretty sure it's 30fps based off critic reviews.

Sounds like a job for the Classic mcable!

Does anyone know if the game supports gyro aiming?

Nope, it's 30 fps but very stable. I think they are emulating the game through not-so-legal ways. The game doesn't have a physical version to dump it from.
nah pretty sure they're using a modded oled Switch allowing them to unlock the framerate through hacks and overclocking.

nah pretty sure they're using a modded oled Switch allowing them to unlock the framerate through hacks and overclocking.
Wow i didn't know it was possible for games other than The Witcher 3. I only knew The Witcher 3 can be opted for 60 fps on overclocked Switch through secret settings.

Sounds like a job for the Classic mcable!

Does anyone know if the game supports gyro aiming?
Ah I must have worded it wrong, there is some form of AA implemented, you just can't change between different Implementations. Also sadly no Gyro aiming but the game has lots of auto aim settings to pick from. It has HD Rumble too, and it's leagues ahead of L.A. Noire's implementation as well thankfully!

Wow i didn't know it was possible for games other than The Witcher 3. I only knew The Witcher 3 can be opted for 60 fps on overclocked Switch through secret settings.
i think you can essentially unlock the framerate of any games in the same way you would on an emulator. Whether or not the game is coded to run well at 60 is another story obviously.

They shared a video of XB3 running at 60 on an oled switch before :

Busy day at work, but here you have and every not believer can see (remember switch made games that runs in FP16 can have up to 1.31 TF).

Xenoblade 3 Switch Oled 60 FPS Dock and Handheld FSR OFF:

Configuration

1080p its not that stable (specially without an Dynamic FPS Cheat) so I decided to better force 900p on dock so it is more stable at 60.
Dynamic FPS = Makes games that runs with doble buffer to not have big frames dips when it is not 30/40/50/60 frames

*Also if anyone can help to make the videos and images with previews here in Fami will be great. That way I can upload more games examples.

And iirc the reason modded oled aren't as common as the original is because you do need to do some soldering work compared to the relatively easy pin method on launch Nintendo Switch

Comparison video if anyone would like :)

Honestly that looks mighty impressive how close docked looks to PS4.

I don't have to worry about Starfield on my radar, but if I can get through Pikmin 4 and Zelda in a decent amount of time maybe I will go ahead and pick this up even ahead of a sale

Been playing a lot of RDR tonight and in retrospect, it’s kinda funny how Rockstar never got really criticized for sticking to a formula. Ubisoft get a lot of shit for it, but all Rockstar open world games from GTA III to GTA V are very similar, down to the writing. It’s a better formula, of course, and RDR is still very fun today, but having played the three PS2 GTA and now this in a span of the year, it starts to feel a bit repetitive.

Been playing a lot of RDR tonight and in retrospect, it’s kinda funny how Rockstar never got really criticized for sticking to a formula. Ubisoft get a lot of shit for it, but all Rockstar open world games from GTA III to GTA V are very similar, down to the writing. It’s a better formula, of course, and RDR is still very fun today, but having played the three PS2 GTA and now this in a span of the year, it starts to feel a bit repetitive.
I’ve never played a Rockstar game so i’m curious to study this formula you speak of.
I’ve played some Ubisoft games however and I think their formula sucks. Their gameplay loop anyways.

Honestly that looks mighty impressive how close docked looks to PS4.

I don't have to worry about Starfield on my radar, but if I can get through Pikmin 4 and Zelda in a decent amount of time maybe I will go ahead and pick this up even ahead of a sale
So PS4 has better shadows, ambient occlusion less pop in, more vegetation in some areas (switch and PS4 hardly have more than ps3, and maybe better textures vs Switch?

Oh and of course PS4 Pro supports 2160.

Switch has the handheld factor and actually a slightly faster loading time. They look identical otherwise.

It's looks so amazing from non customised 2015 SOC ❤. Stable 30fps 720p handheld is enough for me. Likes Crysis 3 & others amazing AAA ports for Switch ❤

I'm just gleefully enjoying the fact that Red Dead Redemption is the best-selling title on the PlayStation Store at the moment. Another case of an awfully loud vocal minority that sought to influence and deprive others of fun, and luckily to no avail.

is it confirmed the whole game will be in the cart for the physical release?
I didnt see a confirmation, but the game is 11.5GB and cost as much as LA Noire did in 2017 when it launched in a 16GB cart. I'd be really surprised if it needs a download.

Wow 60 fps?
Yes on HB Switch
I'm pretty sure it's 30fps based off critic reviews.
Yeah, but on hacked switches you can change fps limit with FPS locker app

Nope, it's 30 fps but very stable.
60 fps on a very ilegal switch haha
there is no 60fps version of the game on consoles

1080p/720p
You know patches for fps are very easy to make, we should ask for more in new consoles.
Yes
For every switch game is possible 😎

Instead of asking for patches, the game should have and could have been better from the start. The state of the game is telling enough not to expect performance patches
...the well-executed state of the game? I don't understand. This seems like a really good port. Performance patches aren't completely impossible.

Back
Top Bottom