• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Predict Tears of the Kindom Metacritic Score!

What will ToTK's final metacritc score be?

• 98-100

• 95-97

• 91-94

• 85-90

• under 84

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spawn Wave on his Redfall video brought up Tears of the Kingdom and he said that based on the the talk that has been going around, he said ToTK may surpass BOTW on Metacritic. It's just one Youtuber talking about what he has heard about the reception so take it however you like. But at the very least, it does seem to apply that based on the people he has heard from, they think TotK is better than BOTW it seems.

Nintendo of America literally follows him you know...totally someone who would leak a bad score

I'll be honest I've never even thought about metacritic scores and now y'all got me nervous about it lol. I have nothing to base it on I just have this feeling that it's going to score very well. I voted 97-98. Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time as my ex-wife would happily tell you.

I'll be honest I've never even thought about metacritic scores and now y'all got me nervous about it lol. I have nothing to base it on I just have this feeling that it's going to score very well. I voted 97-98. Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time as my ex-wife would happily tell you.
It doesn’t matter, stop caring about this overall. Like yea it’s a fun thing to follow but this game is guaranteed to review well. After a while arguing between 93 and 95 is splitting the hairs growing on my hair

It doesn’t matter, stop caring about this overall. Like yea it’s a fun thing to follow but this game is guaranteed to review well. After a while arguing between 93 and 95 is splitting the hairs growing on my hair

I was just joking about getting nervous. It did get me curious though so I looked up what other Zelda games have scored. I knew there was a reason I love Ocarina so much 😉

Honestly the only reason I want this to score 97+ is to see the reactions of people on Reddit complaining about this just being Breath of the Wild DLC some more lol.

Spawn Wave on his Redfall video brought up Tears of the Kingdom and he said that based on the the talk that has been going around, he said ToTK may surpass BOTW on Metacritic. It's just one Youtuber talking about what he has heard about the reception so take it however you like. But at the very least, it does seem to apply that based on the people he has heard from, they think TotK is better than BOTW it seems.
Spawn Wave is ridiculously well connected, and personally knows so many journalists, insiders, and other content creators. His track record and general pulse of gamers and critics is unparalleled. So I would really trust his opinion in this regard.

EDGE will give TOTK a 10 or at worst a 9. Ultrahand and Fuse in an open-world like this is quite revolutionary in itself without even considering the rest of the game.

if true, i knew TOTK would be a GOTY frontrunner, but he makes it sounds like it will blow everything released this year out of the water

I'm gonna be bold and say 98. I think it's gonna compare to BotW favorably, so most people will give it an equal or higher score.

There’s no way in hell this game gets a 98 (feel free to save this post if it does lol). With so many reviewers it only takes a few people giving the game a 9/10 to make 98 unobtainable, and you know there will be a couple 8s or 7s. Honestly 97 is unlikely as well considering Elden Ring couldn’t keep it.

Most likely range is 94-96.

Part of me is like "yeah, ok, fine"; the other part of me is like "...what's the punchline?"
This is just what jokes are like in Britain. The punchline is that we took something upsetting to an extreme and logical conclusion.

Is it the same as what Okabe said on ERA (3 AM EST Thurs)?

I thought it was a different time according to sources here, it's on the pre-release discussion
It is a different time and is in the other thread on Fami. My annoyance came because somebody cross-posted it from here to the purple forum when the OP (who had the post hidden) specifically requested not to share it anywhere outside of this forum.

It is a different time and is in the other thread on Fami. My annoyance came because somebody cross-posted it from here to the purple forum when the OP (who had the post hidden) specifically requested not to share it anywhere outside of this forum.
this is why we cant have nice things...

famitsu review scores usually get leaked on wednesdays, i wonder if we might get our first review score tomorrow.

My English is not very good sorry. Does this mean it should have more note than BOTW or less? Hahahahahaha

It means reviewers find it to be a much better game than Breath of the Wild.

To “run circles around” is an idiom using the analogy of a race - X (TotK) is much faster than Y (BotW), so X is not only beating Y in the race, but they’re doing so while also running around them in circles.

Lol Edge is not going to give TotK a 6. Some outlet probably will inevitably give it a low score, but it'll be Jimquisition or some random Italian blog nobody's heard of, not a big name site/magazine.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Read that as Tears of the Kingdom at first. In my defense, I'm seeing Tears of the Kingdom everywhere right now. Except playing on my switch unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom