• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Predict Tears of the Kindom Metacritic Score!

What will ToTK's final metacritc score be?

• 98-100

• 95-97

• 91-94

• 85-90

• under 84

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, with utmost attention to the facts and the opinions, which today relate to Tears of the Kingdom as it is, was, and always has been, a game, which seeks to, in some ways, prove or disprove the qualifying statement of whether or not it, or something like it, is a sequel to- or at least in the lineage of- Breath of the Wild, which it is, will in some regard, at some time, have a critical reception, which may, or may not be, of universal praise, of the universal or non universal variety, in which by it may also not get praise, in the universal or non universal variety, that is to say, I believe that Tears of the Kingdom will definitely get a critical reception, which will spark a discussion, which will be of the negative or positive variety depending on the factors at hand at the time of the discourse being discussed.
My brain

i'll go with low 90s just cause even a perfect sequel wouldn't quite be the genuine revolution BotW was to open worlds

I think TotK will score noticeably lower than Breath of the Wild for two main reasons:
1. reviews will absolutely factor in the ageing hardware and dated graphics.
2. a lot of the groundbreaking novelty of Breath of the Wild has worn off. While I am not concerned in the least that the game will absolutely amaze me, I feel that especially a lot of the more mainstream reviewers will say this is more of the same great stuff

If they managed to significantly expand on the storytelling and/or dungeons from the first game that could offset some of those "concerns" but I still think It will score more like 93ish but could expect it to be as low as 90/91. Anything below that I would be genuinely surprised but honestly ,who can tell at this point.

I'm sticking to 98. There may be a review bringing the overall score down, but others will bring it back up.

The review thread is up, so we are closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom