• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Predict Tears of the Kindom Metacritic Score!

What will ToTK's final metacritc score be?

• 98-100

• 95-97

• 91-94

• 85-90

• under 84

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
two of the more critical individuals probably didn't recieve review copies by the way, so their review will most likely be later

Kotaku and Jimquisition
Kotaku doesn't do scores and Jim's BOTW and Metroid Prime remaster review did not effect there Metacritic score

sooo
shannon-sharpe-that-aint-no-problem.gif

...how did Phantom Hourglass score higher than Spirit Tracks, both have their flaws and strengths, but ST is a whole lot more enjoyable than PH to me at least.

Anyways I expect it to be the same score as BOTW.

I can't believe I'm phrasing it like that, but I'm staying realistic with a 95 lol.

Never have I seen such a high expectation for a game.

I can't believe I'm phrasing it like that, but I'm staying realistic with a 95 lol.

Never have I seen such a high expectation for a game.

It’s weird, but I kind of get it. The way I see it, if Nintendo had just made another Breath of the Wild with their learnings from the original it would absolutely have a shot at a 97 again. The market has yet to outdo it in many many ways, and the experience is still regularly described as an all time great.

I’ve stopped assuming the worst in regards to ‘reuse of the same world’, and have moved towards thinking it’ll be additive to the whole experience.

Not been very active on the forum lately, but need to be here for the review thread. Wishing the mods best of luck.

maxresdefault.jpg
I'm not even buying Tears of the Kingdom. I'm just looking forward to the review thread for that sweet Danny DeVito content.

tumblr_oqoxgz4hun1rjfz4bo3_1280.png

I expect it to have a ton of high ones if it truly does manage to be a LTTP/MM level shakeup. Tho probably some contrarians trying to shake things up too. So hard to say

It’s BOTW with more stuff to do, so I see no reason for it to get less than a 96 at the very least.

I think that while in the general consensus the game will be considered the better game, and that will specially be certain in the longer term, in term of scores, it won’t be able to catch BotW.

Like others have said, the lessened wow and novelty effect would make some outlets to not give those needed perfect scores to be able to reach that crazy 97.

is it true that the day 1 update has fixed a lot of the framerate issues? i wonder if reviewers had access to the update when writing their reviews.
Nope, reviewers almost never have access to day one patches, and are usually given advance patch notes so they know what to expect.

That’s why reviewers are more lenient on tech issues than you’d expect, short of a game being totally broken like Redfall or Pokémon S/V.

i believe the Metascore for Tears of The Kingdom might be 95/96, the game seen vastly improved for Breath of the Wild

Nope, reviewers almost never have access to day one patches, and are usually given advance patch notes so they know what to expect.

That’s why reviewers are more lenient on tech issues than you’d expect, short of a game being totally broken like Redfall or Pokémon S/V.
I mean, in this case the game actually updated on Thursday or Friday (the preloaded version has the patch that people are saying improved performance, and people with early legit copies got the update). It's more of a day -6 patch

In which case I'd definitely expect reviewers to have it

Another quote from the purple forum, this is from the former editor of Game Informer:
I voted 94-96.

To be clear I do not have a review copy, have not looked at leaks, but have talked to people I know are reviewing it in very, very broad terms. I suspect it will review highly and I suspect people who didn't like BOTW will probably not like this one.

Last edited:
it's gonna be thursday, i'm guessing

also team 97-98
if i had to pick just one, 97

is it true that the day 1 update has fixed a lot of the framerate issues? i wonder if reviewers had access to the update when writing their reviews.
This is what I've heard. I also believe the patch was posted a few days ago, so depending on whether reviewers updated their game, they likely can see what final day 1 performance is.

EDIT: 98. I think this very well could review better than BotW, despite not being a wholly new game.

By recent reports of the most recent patch for TotK that seems to have added FSR, the performance is pretty solid now

At the very least it's likely a lot better than anything that would get it points docked in reviews (which again only happens for extreme cases in my experience)
any idea if that improves image quality as well or just performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom