• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there have to be SOME limiters to the exploration and catching. Due to the way Pokemon works, catching a super high level mon early breaks the game in half. They could just make catching Pokemon that are a higher level than your parties' average level VERY difficult (they already did this in BDSP), maybe ramp up exponentially the higher the level gap gets until it's essentially a 0% catch rate. Wouldn't surprise me if it was something like that.
Didn't they already put a level limit on catching in the wild area in SwSh. You could only catch Pokémon up to a level determined by how many badges you had iirc. Wouldn't be surprised if they just did that again.

Last edited:
I just took a look at the supposed leaks and why are pokemon leaks always these super blurry images? Blurry images = looks more like leaks or something?

I just took a look at the supposed leaks and why are pokemon leaks always these super blurry images? Blurry images = looks more like leaks or something?
Pokemon leaks (especially ones earlier on in the year) are always weird. We never get anything clean or clear, and the ones that seem to be the most fake BS sometimes end up being true, like the infamous Affleck leak for Sw/Sh.

Ancient Misdreavus makes me happy. Should have given Misdreavus/Mismagius Ghost/Fairy typing when XY came out but if they put it on Ancient Misdreavus I'll be satisfied.

So lets see...Fuecoco's my starter choice, and I'm absolutely using this regional poison Wooper.

I never understood people committing to a starter without seeing the evos first. I mean the final stage is the one you're gonna be left with for most of the game. But all the power to you crazy bastards.
I mean... they don't reveal the final starter evolutions pre-release anymore. Plus didn't the leakers already describe them?

I mean... they don't reveal the final starter evolutions pre-release anymore. Plus didn't the leakers already describe them?
I can understand for the more fairweather fan who just buys the game once they see it on shelves. But for the posting-on-forums type, you will be able to find out what the final forms look like before you play the game, one way or another. We're not making it to Nov 18 without more substantial leaks.

And a description isn't nothing but it's far from the same as a visual. There's so much variation in how a concept can manifest and it seems like making a decision before you actually need to, based on incomplete information. Especially with how not guaranteed it is your first and final stage preference will match up.

That's what dataminers are for! There's no way I'm going to pick a starter and not know what its final form is in advance. It'll leak 1-2 weeks before release (or even earlier)

I never understood people committing to a starter without seeing the evos first. I mean the final stage is the one you're gonna be left with for most of the game. But all the power to you crazy bastards.
It's not about being crazy, it's about having blood in your veins and fire in your heart. I WILL choose without some namby pamby leak and I WILL bond with the fake digital creature regardless of what they look like and then I WILL go on the Internet to call stupid the people that complain about it walking on two legs or whatever.

I mean... That's how we do it since Gold/Silver. You jump in. You pick your starter. You never regret it, even if it's objectively THE WORST ONE. Clear eyes, full heart.

Also, it's 2022. You will probably get the other 2 on wondertrade in like 3 days.

It's not about being crazy, it's about having blood in your veins and fire in your heart. I WILL choose without some namby pamby leak and I WILL bond with the fake digital creature regardless of what they look like and then I WILL go on the Internet to call stupid the people that complain about it walking on two legs or whatever.
there are people who think serperior is a bad evo. can you believe it. i have to share this earth with those people.

Pokemon leaks (especially ones earlier on in the year) are always weird. We never get anything clean or clear, and the ones that seem to be the most fake BS sometimes end up being true, like the infamous Affleck leak for Sw/Sh.
Which makes me wonder where these supposed leakers even got their images? I guess I'm more interested in why all the leaks are low quality as heck than in the leaks themselves lol.

SwSh was the only generation where I checked out the final starter evolutions before picking, because I didn’t like any of the starter designs and wanted to see if there was a cool-looking evolution down the road.

Didn’t like any of the evos either so for the first time I did my first run without the starter.

My favorite Pokemon leak experience ever was a guy on 4chan who was playing through Black/White, and just describing the Pokemon he saw.

"lizard with pants"
"dragon with multiple heads"

Then later that night (the same leaker?) there was just a torrent of screenshots being posted all at once, all these crazy designs being seen for the first time.

Nowadays it seems like there's too many eyes on it for there to not be leaks during development, but I loved when it used to all leak at once like that.

Nowadays it seems like there's too many eyes on it for there to not be leaks during development, but I loved when it used to all leak at once like that.
Well, that's pretty much what the Sword and Shield leak experience was like; a few different sources playing through the game and posting shots of the new mons, and someone with an early copy of the guide slowly posting artwork; about two weeks before launch.

It'll probably end up like that for this game too, since Kaka is done posting pictures now and most of the mons they've described remain unseen.

My favorite Pokemon leak experience ever was a guy on 4chan who was playing through Black/White, and just describing the Pokemon he saw.

"lizard with pants"
"dragon with multiple heads"

Then later that night (the same leaker?) there was just a torrent of screenshots being posted all at once, all these crazy designs being seen for the first time.

That's my favourite part of the days leading up to Generation 5's games. Some Pokemon got a drawn image based on the sprite, so like Purrloin got an image which was later shown in the Japanese Pokemon show that strengthens the veracity of the leaks. I remember that that's how Gigalith's pre-evolutions were shown, as well as Vanillish, Scraggy, and Tympole were shown. Even some of the descriptions are pretty cool, like Ground/Ghost robot (which is known to be Golett and Golurk).

Thank you for reading.

Important confirmation from Kaka that the national dex number of the Primeape evo is over 1000. That means over 100 new Pokemon is certainly a lock.

The limited dex probably means we will have 100+ new pokemon again every gen and that's so exciting.

It truly seems like the evil has been defeated with Pokémon.

If Gen 9 have cross-gen evolutions again, it feels like another broken tradition because only the even Gens so far have evolutions of older generation Pokemon (remember that Generation 6 introduced Sylveon, though I like to think that Mega Evolutions technically fit the cross-gen evolution criteria).

Thank you for reading.

So Future Gallade is apparently a combination of Gardevoir and Gallade? Hoping for genderfluid Gardevade/Galloir.

Important confirmation from Kaka that the national dex number of the Primeape evo is over 1000. That means over 100 new Pokemon is certainly a lock.
100+ new pokemon is the best news possible for me. Brand new pokemon (not just new forms) is where so much of my new gen hype comes from

Also 1000 pokemon... damn, that's a lot

The Primeape evolution has me really curious. Both Mankey and Primeape are really simple, straightforward designs, I'm not even sure what you would add to it. Maybe it's a Mamoswine thing where it turns into something totally new. But I'm really excited traditional cross-gen evos are back, I've always loved those.

Also very excited about supposedly a Kamen Rider-themed Pokemon that's Bug type.

If Gen 9 have cross-gen evolutions again, it feels like another broken tradition because only the even Gens so far have evolutions of older generation Pokemon (remember that Generation 6 introduced Sylveon, though I like to think that Mega Evolutions technically fit the cross-gen evolution criteria).

Thank you for reading.
Half the things that fans think are patterns are coincidences anyway.

I'm sorry but I'm not very up to date with leaks and stuff. I assume new variations are also included in that 100? So not 100 brand new pokemon, right?

I'm sorry but I'm not very up to date with leaks and stuff. I assume new variations are also included in that 100? So not 100 brand new pokemon, right?
New variations wouldn't get a dedicated number on the Pokedex so that's 100+ brand new Pokemon, excluding potential forms.

Some people just like to live life on the edge. I personally couldn't do it though, haha. I'm the type to look up the pokedex before even starting and try to figure out what my endgame team is gonna look like.

I just caught up.

Volcarona gets two forms? Alright this is already a top 5 Pokemon game.
Any more Volcarona is a good thing.

I love how some of the 'leaks' in the list are like 'there's a new ice pokemon'. Like, whoa, no way! Megaton!

Quoted by: ze_
Any more Volcarona is a good thing.

I love how some of the 'leaks' in the list are like 'there's a new ice pokemon'. Like, whoa, no way! Megaton!
The theory is that the leaker pivoted to just reading out codenames from the game files, while occasionally adding some details based on their playthrough.

I just caught up.

Volcarona gets two forms? Alright this is already a top 5 Pokemon game.
Best gen 5 Pokemon

130429.gif

A Bisharp evo is also pretty hype, I always liked that one too. And Chandelure. And Excadrill. Gen 5 has so many great pokemon
I thought it was an alternate evolution of Panwiard? Either way, more toku-themed Pokemon is always a win. It'll go great with the Kamen Rider Bug type.

I thought it was an alternate evolution of Panwiard? Either way, more toku-themed Pokemon is always a win. It'll go great with the Kamen Rider Bug type.
I think it's a new evo, it says "Bisharp gets an evolution" and "A gen 5 Pokémon gets a new evolution (Pawniard line)". Although I hope it's via a stone or some other weird evolution method since it already evolves stupidly late

The leaker originally said Pawniard was getting an evolution and more recently said that it’s Bisharp that gets an evo instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom