• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a trailer is getting shadow dropped, when are we expecting it?
T-7 hours from now? or 24hrs + T-7hrs from now?

Stantler, Qwilfish, and now possibly a Girafarig Evo were not on my 2022 bingo card, but I'll take it.

New evolutions for existing pokemons are always appreciated. I want to see what Girafarig's looks like in game. I hope there are more surpise new evolutions too.

More Details on Scarlet and Violet:

New Pokemon in the game:
  • dolphin mon
  • flamingo mon
  • pawmi evo
  • lechonk evo
  • mystery gen 1 line evo
  • girafarig evo
  • murkrow regional evo
  • dunsparce evo
  • mystery gen 5 line evo
  • regional amoonguss
  • poison wooper + new evo
  • vampire jigglypuff (past form)

There are 3 routes you need to clear to see the game's ending.

- There is a pokemon with a hammer and sickle in the game.

Last edited:
More Details on Scarlet and Violet:

New Pokemon in the game:
  • dolphin mon
  • flamingo mon
  • pawmi evo
  • lechonk evo
  • mystery gen 1 line evo
  • girafarig evo
  • murkrow regional evo
  • dunsparce evo
  • mystery gen 5 line evo
  • regional amoonguss
  • poison wooper + new evo
  • vampire jigglypuff (past form)

There are 3 routes you need to clear to see the game's ending. The thrree routes are: Elite Four, Kahuna route, and the League championship route.

- There is a pokemon with a hammer and sickle in the game.
Eltie four, kahuna, champion ship route is made up and not from the leaker(I follow him on twitter), also he just mentioned a hammer and not a sickle

Elite Four not confirmed then? I’m hoping they go the Sw/Sh route and have an actual Pokémon League as the ending.

The whole ‘Tackle gyms in any order’ thing is interesting, how will that work in terms of level scaling?

Elite Four not confirmed then? I’m hoping they go the Sw/Sh route and have an actual Pokémon League as the ending.

The whole ‘Tackle gyms in any order’ thing is interesting, how will that work in terms of level scaling?

I feel like it shouldn't be impossible to just have dynamic level scaling. Or if you wanted to go full Game Freak mode you could just include 8 different teams for each gym leader, chosen based on which order in which the gyms are done

I think i've read "no level scaling somwhere" so it should work that each gym has seven certain set teams of Pokemon in a defined level range, and the one the gym leader is using depends on how many badges the player has.

being able to fight the gym leaders in any order sounds great

I still find it hilarious that in the year 2022, "leaked" pictures look like they were taken with a motorola razr from the early 2000s :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Someone put together a list of all of the Kaka leaks/info we have so far.

+ you can go to school and take exams, etc.

6a824b7d5286eb8a72785f6f419f48fd.gif

- No order for the GL (but levels don't change)

This would be awful, so you can go to any gym leader but they don’t scale? So even if you went to the last one it would be impossible making the whole thing pointless surely?
It does kind of seem that way. I wonder if there'll be some kind of reason or in-game incentive to do gyms at certain times, or rewards for some gyms unlocking things or something? Because otherwise, wouldn't you want to just explore the world until you have the party you want to use, get all the items and TMs and stuff, and then just go steamroll all the gyms in order?

This would be awful, so you can go to any gym leader but they don’t scale? So even if you went to the last one it would be impossible making the whole thing pointless surely?
To be fair there's probably ways around that even with zero leveling differences. One way would be to have Gym Leaders all have pokemon in a higher range and everyone else be at lower ranges, like say wild pokemon only go to level 30, trainers go to level 35-40 then have all Gym Leaders be at Levels 40-45. Unless a person wants to grind for ever and ever, they shouldn't have a large level advantage even with the EXP share on (and for post game maybe that unlocks candies or whatever to rapidly gain levels to get pokemon competitive).

Another way that I think they should do (and probably won't) is that instead of scaling the gym leader's pokemon up, they scale your pokemon down. Like have have the ability to make your pokemon have level 30 stats rather than level 60 stats. It won't remove stuff like TMs, late level moves, or EVs but would be an easier way to do balance then making a bunch of teams for each gym leader.

Now, I don't think any of these might be what GF do but there are ways around keeping a static team. Also to be fair, that source seems to be not 100% translated correctly and no follow up was answered so that one detail might not be 100% correct.

Most likely to bypass twitter's detection algorithms. Nintendo's ninjas work really hard.
Oh totally. But what about non twitter places. Maybe the ninjas reach everywhere.

My main issue is that this 144p pictures can be interpreted multiple ways.

Someone put together a list of all of the Kaka leaks/info we have so far.

+ you can go to school and take exams, etc.

Imagine going through the effort to type "is in" and "is not in" for every single pokemon, when that information is already given by being under the RETURNING POKEMON or DECONFIRMED sections

Seriously, it's not that hard. Just have the leaders have 8 teams, and depending on how many badges you have, it pulls the corresponding team. They've had the ability to do this since Gen 1 (you rival's team changing depending on whether you win/lose against them at points in the story), I don't know why they wouldn't implement it.

Leaker is back and confirmed Tauros has a new form
Wooper is a different color (given its a regional)

Overworld shinies confirmed
Leaker took 60 hours to beat the main game (he said he's not that good)

Seriously, it's not that hard. Just have the leaders have 8 teams, and depending on how many badges you have, it pulls the corresponding team. They've had the ability to do this since Gen 1 (you rival's team changing depending on whether you win/lose against them at points in the story), I don't know why they wouldn't implement it.
It's such a bizarre decision that I have to think that either the leaker is wrong, or doesn't have the full picture maybe? There has to be more to it than that, I would think, since that would really cramp the whole "explore everywhere and forge your own path" thing. Like "sure, forge your own path, but when you get to the gym you're going to get demolished unless you've been doing them in order".

Probably because this doesn't actually address the open world issue? Having 8 different teams means nothing if someone goes catch a level 40 pokemon then goes to a gym for the first time to fight someone around level 10. You're still ending up with a wildly unbalanced fights in your favor until you get enough badges for a more balanced fight level wise.

Again, I don't think GF will do this but if balancing was a point, they'd either design the world so gym leaders would stay near the same level with each other but higher than most catchable pokemon and trainers so if you wanted to overlevel you'd have to grind it out or have your pokemon scale down rather than have have the developers try and guess what pokemon level you will be after you try and get a super powerful pokemon.

Having 8 different teams means nothing if someone goes catch a level 40 pokemon then goes to a gym for the first time to fight someone around level 10.
Easy fix, you can’t catch Pokemon that are too high-level. Or alternatively, you can catch them but they can’t be used in battle til you have the appropriate badges.

I’m not inclined to believe the leak, because being able to tackle the gyms in any order without some form of level scaling/GL team modification sounds too dumb, even for GF.

Easy fix, you can’t catch Pokemon that are too high-level. Or alternatively, you can catch them but they can’t be used in battle til you have the appropriate badges.

I’m not inclined to believe the leak, because being able to tackle the gyms in any order without some form of level scaling/GL team modification sounds too dumb, even for GF.
Not being able to use pokemon you catch in battles would make the open world useless. You'd be restricting them to specific low level pokemon. It would also make it unfair if say, you accidentally leveled a pokemon one level higher. It's not an easy fix at all. In fact, it would be hated by the majority of fans for "blocking" their favorite pokemon.

And honestly not scaling is a thing in many open world games, hell Fallout New Vegas doesn't scale at all and that is what allows the world to feel alive. Now I don't think GF will do anything like that but honestly if it doesn't scale it really isn't the end of the world or an indication of GF's stupidty.

Not being able to use pokemon you catch in battles would make the open world useless.
No? High level Pokemon become obstacles to exploration. You can try to take them down, or you can sneak past them, or maybe use some tools to bypass them. Plenty of ways to use high level Pokemon for level design.
You'd be restricting them to specific low level pokemon. It would also make it unfair if say, you accidentally leveled a pokemon one level higher.
Then allow your already caught Pokemon to be overleveled, or prevent Pokemon from going past the cap.

It's not an easy fix at all. In fact, it would be hated by the majority of fans for "blocking" their favorite pokemon.
Just like Dexit “blocked” many fans from their favorite Pokemon, which really hurt SwSh sales.

Ok, how about restricting level scaling to the gyms, based on the number of badges you have. Each leader has 8 teams, one team suited for each badge level.

The open world can have whatever levels the Pokemon and trainers want to be.

No level scaling (for gyms) would be an, uh, interesting choice. I'm not against it not being there because it will make the world feel a bit more "real" but Gamefreak then has to make traveling to these towns with gyms you can't tackle it worthwhile even if you can't make progress there. There's ways to do that, IE having Pokemon of a large range of levels to catch in each area but it'd be a challenge. Games like Fallout NV are structured much differently than Pokemon is so that comparison doesn't really work.

This is cool I think. Reminds me of how you can do part of the original Red and Blue out of order. I hate level scaling, it makes the whole thing seem fake.

No? High level Pokemon become obstacles to exploration. You can try to take them down, or you can sneak past them, or maybe use some tools to bypass them. Plenty of ways to use high level Pokemon for level design.

Then allow your already caught Pokemon to be overleveled, or prevent Pokemon from going past the cap.

Just like Dexit “blocked” many fans from their favorite Pokemon, which really hurt SwSh sales.

Ok, how about restricting level scaling to the gyms, based on the number of badges you have. Each leader has 8 teams, one team suited for each badge level.

The open world can have whatever levels the Pokemon and trainers want to be.
Again, all of this sounds way more complicated and confusing just to satisfy this strange desire for 8 different teams (and even if I were to entertain this idea, you wouldn't need 8 different teams, most gym leaders have groupings that are near each other in levels and having 1 team for 34-37 and another team be 35-38 sounds like you just want more complications for the sake of complications).

If the appeal of Open World is "I get to go everywhere to catch pokemon", then restricting any pokemon for gyms inherently fights against the open world philosophy. Sword and Shields' open area didn't restrict you from catching higher level pokemon, it just made the catch rates harder if it was at a higher pokemon level then your team, Arceus does this as well. The problem was that once you caught them, it made the gyms easier. This is the problem Scarlet/Violet might decide to solve (and honestly it might not, really weak gyms are like on the low end for me to care about compared to postgame prep). Having 8 different pokemon teams...doesn't solve this problem. Hell, it adds problems because then you will get people who will purposefully go after gym teams where low levels cuts off a team of their strategy to make the game even easier.

Also "dexit" (and fuck that term) is different from what you're suggesting. Sword/Shield didn't allow certain pokemon to enter the game at all but any pokemon you could catch you could immediately use. What you're suggesting is that if you catch a pokemon, you might not be able to use it in a major portion of the games until...you beat enough of those battles? If "dexit" was bad than that would be considered worse for many people.

Ultimately this is all useless anyways because not only did the translator for the leaker say up front that "I need more clarity because it is too vague", we straight up do not know the structure for this game. There are a variety of in-game reasons for not having scaling that could work and it's why leaks like this are always a double edged sword, we don't know how it's implemented and its pathetically easy for people to come to a conclusion that sticsk with them even if disproven because we are getting information that isn't 100% clear.

Pokemon fans going on a frenzy because of leaks without having the full picture. Never change.

I've been trying to avoid this stuff, want to go in as blind as possible. But a friend told me that there's a Dunsparce and a Girafarig evolution?

Like holy fuck, two of my most wanted evolutions are happening. I hope they are both viable picks.

Ultimately this is all useless anyways because not only did the translator for the leaker say up front that "I need more clarity because it is too vague", we straight up do not know the structure for this game
I was typing up a more detailed response but I saw this and yep, there’s really no point discussing this right now. Might as well wait for more details.

I mean, there have to be SOME limiters to the exploration and catching. Due to the way Pokemon works, catching a super high level mon early breaks the game in half. They could just make catching Pokemon that are a higher level than your parties' average level VERY difficult (they already did this in BDSP), maybe ramp up exponentially the higher the level gap gets until it's essentially a 0% catch rate. Wouldn't surprise me if it was something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom