• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really be posting screenshots instead of direct links

I don't want to see an OP full of [tweet deleted]

You should really be posting screenshots instead of direct links

I don't want to see an OP full of [tweet deleted]
I'll dump them all

FXZkHEoWAAIo6i9

FXZy0PIXoAE2RtT

Seems like some really fun designs, although it's kind of hard to tell with them being so cropped and blurry. Hopefully we won't have long to wait anyway.

• There's no new Eevee evolution.
  • Joltik, Milotic, Wailord, Metagross, Jynx and Golurk are NOT in the game.
  • Pokémon WILL TIME TRAVEL.
  • The player will not.
  • Says that story is very good.
  • 3 cities, 9 towns in the region
  • 300-500 Pokémon in the Regional Dex.
  • Garchomp is in the game
  • Whatever the comment in the image means (that was when asked if the gen 5 starters were in the game)
    FXcSVvwXkAA_rtC

"Says the story is very good"
This cracked me up because it's such a nothing statement lol.

Can't wait for the Accolades Trailer:

"The story is very good." - IGN probably

Those leaked Pokemon designs aren't doing much for me but a Girafarig evo?! I'll be disappointed when it's inevitably chained to a regional form.

300-500 it's...quite a range. can't understand how a leaker could possibly be so uncertain about the number, tbf.
Considering the source of all these leaks for Pokemon and FE is a Chinese Translation, I don't think it's that out of the question. This isn't someone who has access to the full game and datamining tools to get that info, they're at the mercy of what they've worked on and seen. A play tester or someone who's focused on translating the main story isn't going to have the same level of access to the total pokemon count as someone working on the pokedex translation as an example. There can also be text in the game that's translated for pokemon who don't actually appear or are planned as updates/events that can further throw off the number.

If I had to speculate the person saying 300-500 is probably a tester and is spit balling based upon the pokemon they've seen in game + talking to coworkers about ones they've seen. Even if the regional dex is numbered you can only know up to the highest # you caught.

Considering the source of all these leaks for Pokemon and FE is a Chinese Translation, I don't think it's that out of the question. This isn't someone who has access to the full game and datamining tools to get that info, they're at the mercy of what they've worked on and seen. A play tester or someone who's focused on translating the main story isn't going to have the same level of access to the total pokemon count as someone working on the pokedex translation as an example. There can also be text in the game that's translated for pokemon who don't actually appear or are planned as updates/events that can further throw off the number.

If I had to speculate the person saying 300-500 is probably a tester and is spit balling based upon the pokemon they've seen in game + talking to coworkers about ones they've seen. Even if the regional dex is numbered you can only know up to the highest # you caught.

get it, yeah when talk it through seems more reasonable you're right.

hope to have a trailer soon, it's due time imo.

So I guess if a trailer is happening on Wednesday then the Pokemon Twitter will announce it this morning? Perhaps in a hour.

Pokemon will time travel.

"What did you see in the future, Pikachu?"
(Pikachu explains to his trainer that he has seen the end of the world.)
"Pika... Pika, pika!"

Pokemon will time travel.

"What did you see in the future, Pikachu?"
(Pikachu explains to his trainer that he has seen the end of the world.)
"Pika... Pika, pika!"

I've seen Detective Pikachu in the cinema and i am absolutely sure this actually means "You're adorable".

300-500 it's...quite a range. can't understand how a leaker could possibly be so uncertain about the number, tbf.
As others mentioned, could be something based on the role of the tester. Could also be that they have seen the number of Pokémon but aren't sure which ones are DLC and which are not. :p

The tester theory others have responded makes sense to me, but I guess what I don’t understand is how someone would know only an inexact range but then be able to call out specific Pokémon that are absent, like Wailord. If you don’t know the total, how would you know exactly what that total (doesn’t) consists of?

Kelios is saying they shadowdrop the trailer tomorrow rather than announce it in advance

Not to be that guy, as I personally have zero issues with leaks and they are fun to me personally.

Just more curious. and speaking mostly regarding the leaker... don't these peeps every worry about getting sued or in deep trouble? I am genuinely curious as I am sure testers and the like have to sign NDA forms like in other industries.

Not to be that guy, as I personally have zero issues with leaks and they are fun to me personally.

Just more curious. and speaking mostly regarding the leaker... don't these peeps every worry about getting sued or in deep trouble? I am genuinely curious as I am sure testers and the like have to sign NDA forms like in other industries.
Most people that work on these games probably are too scared to try, or don't care about internet fame, or about Pokémon. But there are always a few that (think they can) get away with it, and want that online cred

Most people that work on these games probably are too scared to try, or don't care about internet fame, or about Pokémon. But there are always a few that (think they can) get away with it, and want that online cred

That is wild. I would be way to scared to do that lol

I'm loving that hoodie Girafarig evolution. I always wanted something different for it, not just it's tail grown and had a power of its own. Them fusing together is a brilliant idea.

Fairy/Poison flabebe, maybe? That'd be pretty sweet. It's one of my favorite pokemon from Gen 6.
I was thinking Poison or ghost. But poison makes sense. It could be based on the Oleander flower too. Granted I'm spitballing based on very little knowledge of poisonous flowers lmao.

No Joltik? Bad Generation. Absolutely Disgusting. Can't believe you'd do this to me, Game Freak.

...the rest seems pretty good, though I wanna wait to see it in a trailer before I give further judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom