• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it this early? Ugh I'm trying to go in as blind as possible to get that feeling of being a kid again. Damn this sucks
Probably someone that's involved in the QA or translation process. If you're serious about going in blind, I would suggest using browser extensions to block certain topics on social media/YouTube, and potentially block images too. And definitely not coming in this thread lol

I hope today's trailer finally confirms whether Paradox Pokemon are real. Apparently, these are the version exclusive paradox Pokemon.

w7207ru208m91.jpg

I hope today's trailer finally confirms whether Paradox Pokemon are real. Apparently, these are the version exclusive paradox Pokemon.

w7207ru208m91.jpg
Is the alternate Hydreigon confirmed to be Dragon/Flying? I thought it would be Dark/Flying instead?

If it is, that it is yet another Dark/Flying version exclusive (Galarian Moltres is the only one that isn't).

Thank you for reading.

Quoted by: ze_
Is the alternate Hydreigon confirmed to be Dragon/Flying? I thought it would be Dark/Flying instead?

If it is, that it is yet another Dark/Flying version exclusive (Galarian Moltres is the only one that isn't).

Thank you for reading.
This image has a few mistakes in it. It's speculation based on a few hints provided by the leakers.

Hydreigon might be Dark/Flying, and the Paradox Gallade is probably actually Kirlia or Gardevoir (one leaker stated clearly that it's not Gallade and then shared that the Chinese names all include the original counterpart's name). That design is said to include traits of both evos, which is why some confusion exists.

Makes me wonder whether The Pokemon Company is not going to market them as a surprise.
I would guess it’ll be the focus of the trailer next month, since they’ve been doing a meaty trailer early every month now. If it’s not revealed by early October then yeah they have to be trying to keep it a secret

I’ve been out of the loop but what are paradox Pokémon?
Certain Pokemon (the ones listed above) get Past/Future versions based on the game (Scarlet/Violet). These Pokemon are single-stage versions of the above Pokemon, and seem to serve a similar role as Ultra Beasts maybe? We haven't had any official news on them though

Certain Pokemon (the ones listed above) get Past/Future versions based on the game (Scarlet/Violet). These Pokemon are single-stage versions of the above Pokemon, and seem to serve a similar role as Ultra Beasts maybe? We haven't had any official news on them though
Interesting. Definitely want to see how a futuristic tyranitar looks.

Kind of funny to think about some of the through lines from SM to PLA to SV that aren't really present in SwSh. You get designated ride Pokémon in Alola, Hisui, and Paldea, but not Galar. Huge wild Pokémon as story bosses called Totems, Nobles, or Titans, whereas in SwSh the big bois are Gym Leaders' aces. And then there's the paradox stuff, which sounds like it's analogous to Ultra Space and spacetime distortions, which isn't a thing in SwSh. Sub-legendaries weren't a thing in base SwSh or XY, so if you really want to stretch it you can count those too.

Kind of funny to think about some of the through lines from SM to PLA to SV that aren't really present in SwSh. You get designated ride Pokémon in Alola, Hisui, and Paldea, but not Galar. Huge wild Pokémon as story bosses called Totems, Nobles, or Titans, whereas in SwSh the big bois are Gym Leaders' aces. And then there's the paradox stuff, which sounds like it's analogous to Ultra Space and spacetime distortions, which isn't a thing in SwSh. Sub-legendaries weren't a thing in base SwSh or XY, so if you really want to stretch it you can count those too.
I'm happy to see all those things back. I loved Sun/Moon and a lot of what those games did. It's all a lot more interesting than just "gigantimax forms".
I hadn't thought about them being Ultra Beast equivalents, but yeah that makes a lot of sense. And maybe it's just my preferences but IMO the exclusives for Violet are looking a LOT more appealing, both for these leaks and also just in general.

w7207ru208m91.jpg
I really think they are going to just not announce these until people find them in game.

They are pulling away from the Gen 7 marketing of revealing everything before the game releases. (Which I hate).

I really think they are going to just not announce these until people find them in game.

They are pulling away from the Gen 7 marketing of revealing everything before the game releases. (Which I hate).
At the very least, all of the new Pokémon will get datamined and leaked soon after people get early copies. 1-2 weeks before release. Of course I’d much rather them be in a trailer and have official reveals, but I do love Pokémon leak season

You hate that they're moving away from revealing everything prior to release, or you hate that they used to reveal everything prior to release?

I actually really like this approach if it's the case. I'm really intrigued and it'll be really fun to run into, say a Diglett on water in the game and go "What the fuck are you doing here?!". I'm keen

You hate that they're moving away from revealing everything prior to release, or you hate that they used to reveal everything prior to release?
I hate that they are moving away from revealing most of Pokemon prior to release I should say. Especially hate that they keep the Starters final evos locked up and key when their final evos are the defining reason why I'll choose a starter. They can hide all the legendary/mythicals/UB level mon all they want for marketing purposes, I'll find out everything in the eventual data leak for spoiler season just before the games hit.

But don't they always still reveal the final starter evos before the games come out? Does it really matter if that reveal is in September or October? Or even November?

Nope, they didn't officially reveal the past several starter evos until after the games came out.
yeah, I remember that. thank god for data miners

if the reports of 100 or so new pokemon being in the game are true, they could reveal a couple every week or so and still have the vast majority be surprises while also keeping people glued to the marketing cycle. but w/e the games will sell really well regardless I suppose

yeah, I remember that. thank god for data miners

if the reports of 100 or so new pokemon being in the game are true, they could reveal a couple every week or so and still have the vast majority be surprises while also keeping people glued to the marketing cycle. but w/e the games will sell really well regardless I suppose
That's one thing I'm really interested in. If there are really 100+ new Pokemon we have seen very, very few of them so far, which is pretty exciting. I think we will start to see more new ones shown off as we get closer to release and the marketing really ramps up.

Does anyone know if there's some kind of summary/info document/etc. that covers all the leaked info so far? There's that pastebin doc earlier in this thread, but it was last updated in July, and I know there's been a lot more stuff that's come out recently.

Does anyone know if there's some kind of summary/info document/etc. that covers all the leaked info so far? There's that pastebin doc earlier in this thread, but it was last updated in July, and I know there's been a lot more stuff that's come out recently.
this tweet from centro links to all of the threads they’ve done, it’s pretty comprehensive:

This website is a tidy visualization of all of the new Pokémon, and though they use fanart that is kinda random (in that it's sometimes not based on the leaks, but it is neat to look at), if you click the mon itself you'll see screenshots of the actual comments from the leakers.

Keep in mind when you're reading Centro's tweets that they sometimes post their conclusions (or speculation/etc ripped from other sources) instead of the actual leaked content, so there may be errors there.

I've been going by this pastebin. Not sure how comprehensive it is but it gets updated reasonably frequently.

So like Sawk & Throh to Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee? Or in-universe, like Mimikyu?
I think it was either a fake leak mixed in with real or a misunderstanding. Was under the impression they looked a lot more like the Pokemon they were mimicking. Like for example, oh that's a Jigglypuff, oh wait it's not a Jigglypuff but something mimicking it. Like a better mimic of the Pokemon than Mimikyu is.

So like Sawk & Throh to Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee? Or in-universe, like Mimikyu?
More like how Voltorb is a Poke Ball mimic. One of these mimics’ dex entries apparently pokes fun at the player for falling for the trick. Mimikyu is a bit different, as it’s a Pokémon failing to resemble something.

I think it was either a fake leak mixed in with real or a misunderstanding. Was under the impression they looked a lot more like the Pokemon they were mimicking. Like for example, oh that's a Jigglypuff, oh wait it's not a Jigglypuff but something mimicking it. Like a better mimic of the Pokemon than Mimikyu is.
More like how Voltorb is a Poke Ball mimic. One of these mimics’ dex entries apparently pokes fun at the player for falling for the trick. Mimikyu is a bit different, as it’s a Pokémon failing to resemble something.

Sounds not real, tbh.

Quoted by: ze_
Sounds not real, tbh.
These details come from Khu and Kaka, and every detail they share is eventually confirmed by official material. (The pastebin's line about 'rfakes not being a thing' is an error that hasn't been corrected; Khu only made the name "rfakes" up, but he's totally adamant that these things are in the game.)

I've been going by this pastebin. Not sure how comprehensive it is but it gets updated reasonably frequently.

Thanks for this, that's some great stuff. Looking forward to when we start getting those juicy new Mon leaks in a month or so

I usually eat up pokedex leaks when they happen but I wanna avoid them this time tbh. While we know every mon in the dex on a conceptual and typing standpoint, everything else is an enigma. I knew about Ceruledge being the version-exclusive split evo, but actually seeing it made me want to put it on my team to the point I'm willing to dump Fuecoco

I usually eat up pokedex leaks when they happen but I wanna avoid them this time tbh. While we know every mon in the dex on a conceptual and typing standpoint, everything else is an enigma. I knew about Ceruledge being the version-exclusive split evo, but actually seeing it made me want to put it on my team to the point I'm willing to dump Fuecoco
I just like having Dex leaks because for whatever reason, one of my favorite things to do in a new Pokemon gen is build a team. I like to plan out a "final" team (all-new Pokemon only) based on typings and BSTs and what I like the most. So I plan it out before playing the game, then slowly acquire that team over the course of the game. I don't really want any big story leaks or plot/character stuff, but I do want to know the full dex.

Whelp, there's our "fake diglett" mon that showed up in all the leaks that they didn't seem to be too sure of exactly what it was. Which makes sense, now that we've seen it.

kind of surprised they haven’t officially showed off the paradox pokemon
I expected them to show up in the trailer we got recently but they didn’t. Find it odd they just dropped this in a random website update haha

kind of surprised they haven’t officially showed off the paradox pokemon
I expected them to show up in the trailer we got recently but they didn’t. Find it odd they just dropped this in a random website update haha
I imagine they chose to not talk about Wiglett on the English side due to Current Events. Also given how lategame Paradoxes seem to be, I'm expecting that they'll lightly tease them in a big trailer next week. Then, for the last major trailer, they share Paradox Jiggly/Delibird and go "WOOAAAHHHHHHHHH WHAT ARE THESE" without further elaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom