• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Switch Sports announced, launches April 29th (UPDATE: main theme in threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this one is super weird, right now we only know 2 games using NPLN I think (correct me if I'm wrong: MHR and PLA).

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
eLErLRd.jpg

Soon PS4 and XBO games will be able to be discussed on Retronauts as well. In a few years PS4, Wii U, and XBO will be squarely retro systems actually. Give about 2 years or so.
Well...they need a bit more than that, with the PS6/NextBox being like 6+ years away 😋

Have to admit that while I'm still interested in trying out the test, the lack of NPLN is definitely a significant disappointment. I legitimately have been excited to get more examples of how much a difference it'll make moving forward.

Signing up for the playtest in Europe seems to not be available yet. Guess it's bedtime for me then lol.

Ah crap, I got a code but it’s in a highly inconvenient time slot. Oh well, hooe you guys enjoy the play test.

the music is super interesting

like the visuals, there's lots of ring fit. a bit of wii sports, but more wii play. and a tiny bit of chibi-robo to the title theme lmao

Hidden, likely. I got mine here, from a link in the US one.

Yeah, I was linked to it in the General Discussion thread. Apparently you can only find it if you go through the link at the bottom of this page:

Downloaded it, scrolled through the preset avatars and I like the feel of it. Wish we had some basic customization features to see what you can even do with the Sportsmates. Seeing them "up close" really does make them look like regularly proportioned Animal Crossing avatars.

Yeah, I was linked to it in the General Discussion thread. Apparently you can only find it if you go through the link at the bottom of this page:

Downloaded it, scrolled through the preset avatars and I like the feel of it. Wish we had some basic customization features to see what you can even do with the Sportsmates. Seeing them "up close" really does make them look like regularly proportioned Animal Crossing avatars.
Same. I guess the presets are still pretty okay, though.

I'll be honest and say 50% of my interest on this game is Sportmate dress up.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I wonder if the "Café" track is for some kind of online lobby.

Last edited:
This will slap hard I hope. I even got family members who have NEVER GAMED at all playing Wii Sports. We used to play bowling alll the time, then the disc got a crack in it somehow.

they couldn't give us Wuhu because there'd be a race war between the sportsmates and miis for control of the island

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

I wonder if the "Café" track is for some kind of online lobby.
Lol the Select a Sport theme is basically a remix of the MK7 menu theme. You can find the same chord progression also in many other Mariokart Tracks since Mariokart 64. Paper Mario‘s Heartbeat Skipper had it too and in other Nintendo games it is also an often used motive (often as some kind of selection). This is really one of their most reoccurring Nintendo Motives by now. I like that.

Edit: Now I skipped trough the whole soundtrack, it generally sounds like a Mariokart game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom