• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Switch Sports announced, launches April 29th (UPDATE: main theme in threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paging @Raccoon , respond with how hype you are.

I wonder why they didn't put the Miis front and center, though the gameplay demo in the direct shows them using Miis, so they ain't cut...

But hey, neat, I'll take a return to this franchise.

Im sooo happy, but no Baseball?? It was the best gameeeee

Im okay with them removing Golf (even tho its coming as DLC later, hopefully Baseball comes later too)

if you're only doing six sports at launch, why are three of them tennis, badminton, and volleyball

ew at those metaverse looking ass avatars. let me unleash matt again

tumblr_1f6344c1c739557cfac8d504c80237cb_8e66c476_1280.jpg

I went from absurdly excited to upset and depressed in 10 seconds. The new avatars looks awful. And where is all the cool stuff from Resort? Biggest downgrade of all time.

digital price is $40
@mazi website is live, $40 digital

I'm glad the rumoured casual game was this, and not 3-4-Switch or something. I'm probably going to spend dozens of hours with it.

Very hyped for this game, but I expected more content. It's a downgrade compared to Wii Sports Resorts. Luckily, there will be updates.

Those new non-Mii avatars don't look great to my first impression. But maybe I just need to get used to it.

damn no handheld mode. cause motion controls only :/

@mazi website is live, $40

whoa! expected this to be full price

This game feels like it should have been a free NSO Expansion Pack Perk in some ways to me... here's hoping they are hiding some worthwhile stuff.

This was one of the no-brainer titles to bring over. I imagine it must have originally been slated for last year? Probably woulda done nutso during the teeth of the pandemic.

Anyways, happy to see it.

Double happy they don't have a basic-ass jetski mini-game in there meaning I keep hope of new Waverace alive!!!

Why was NateDrake so down on this? Sports is waaaay better than 1 2 Switch

edit:
Ah I saw in a follow-up comment from NateDrake that the game he was dreading was something else, not announced today, not this

Last edited:
Watching them go on and on about the game and then play volleyball gave me flashbacks to any number of Blue Ocean era presentations and I just about broke out into a cold sweat.

Then I looked at the trailer runtime by itself and it was only three minutes. The Wii epoch really did a number on me, lol.

$40? Nintendo are losing confidence. Spells doom no doubt.

I think I'm the only person who likes the new player avatars but at least they still offer the option to have Mii heads. The price point is nice, the sports selection at launch could be better. Glad they're adding Golf, hopefully other disciplines (like Boxing and Baseball??) are added later.

Only surprising thing here is it took them so long. But welcome to see it return. Could be big if they market it well and appeal to people's nostalgia.

Hell, I'm already nostalgic. Between this and a new Mario Strikers I'm going to be partying like it's 2007

Without golf this was a miss for me. Glad they're adding it. I would have liked every sport to return - especially Air Sports, Ping Pong and Archery, but golf is the must have.

$40 and no idiotic time-based passes already makes it hugely better than the Wii U one :D

No handheld gameplay. I'm out. I'm a Lite owner and I despise motion controls.

I LOVE it, but at the same time I think the sports selection is... kind of a missed opportunity? There were tons of options, but I feel half the game is tennis and tennis variants - even volleyball, gameplay wise, seems very similar to tennis. So, yeah, nostalgia will make its way through and I'll for sure buy it and enjoy it, but I'd love to see more variety.

I LOVE it, but at the same time I think the sports selection is... kind of a missed opportunity? There were tons of options, but I feel half the game is tennis and tennis variants - even volleyball, gameplay wise, seems very similar to tennis. So, yeah, nostalgia will make its way through and I'll for sure buy it and enjoy it, but I'd love to see more variety.

I was thinking the same thing, but then Nintendo dropped the golf bomb on me. That alone is worth my price of admission.

Hopefully we see more games in the future.

Nintendo has uploaded a 4K screenshot of the game to the press site.

gdh3Boi.jpg
gah gives us mii screenshots. i know they are in there but these avatars make the game look like one of the knockoff wii sports clones.
I like how we're pretending Nintendo is just going to stick with the announced sports and not add anything beyond Golf...

Sure. Yuh huh.
they are clearly gonna add more to it so yeah its a bit goofy seeing the declarations being made about the lack of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom