• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Rumors and Leaks Archive |ST| Rumor Has It...

Is there a Felix anniversary coming up? Otherwise, Konami publishing a Felix collection before Bonk or Adventure Island is the most Konami thing in a long while. So it must be true.

Is there a Felix anniversary coming up? Otherwise, Konami publishing a Felix collection before Bonk or Adventure Island is the most Konami thing in a long while. So it must be true.
The first Felix the Cat video game was apparently published in late 1992, so maybe it's a late 30th anniversary thing?

They're gonna charge for a single NES game? Just drop it on NSO, ffs. Hudson already released games for it.
They're probably going to include the Game Boy version (and some extras such as concept art and the like) so they can justify the "collection" moniker.

Your point still stands though.

They're probably going to include the Game Boy version (and some extras such as concept art and the like) so they can justify the "collection" moniker.

Your point still stands though.
This has Limited Run Games written all over it now that you mention a GB version

This has Limited Run Games written all over it now that you mention a GB version
Very likely, since they have dealt with Konami compilations in the past.

Still, I wonder if this collection is going to have something else that I'm missing, because the NES and Game Boy Felix the Cat are literally the same game, except the GB one has worse graphics (obviously) and less levels. Not much of a collection, really...

Do have confirmation of this instead of it starting in 2025 or later.

This should be an extremely easy port to the Switch 2 as long as the Switch 2 has enough internal storage (hopefully 512 GBs)
As i remember there are confirmation on MS documents

Edit. Yes, we have the confirmation of the date of start on parity with new releases, is 2024

Well, just like the Black Ops Gulf War rumor, it is not something confirmed that it exists, that is why it is called a rumor.
And Necrolipe is a reliable source.

Tom Henderson probably pays playtesters to break NDAs and has thus been extremely reliable with almost no misses. Black Ops 2024 is happening as is Far Cry 2025.

The issue is specifically whether they come to the Switch 2 or not. Only Necro has directly said Far Cry 2025 is coming to the Switch 2 though Henderson implied it with his vague tweet about the Switch 2 getting a lot of multi platform games.

Tom Henderson probably pays playtesters to break NDAs and has thus been extremely reliable with almost no misses. Black Ops 2024 is happening as is Far Cry 2025.

The issue is specifically whether they come to the Switch 2 or not. Only Necro has directly said Far Cry 2025 is coming to the Switch 2 though Henderson implied it with his vague tweet about the Switch 2 getting a lot of multi platform games.

and?
We have from a reliable source a rumor/leak/however you want to classify it of a game that would come to Switch 2, from a person who we know has sources because he also has a history with hardly any failures.

The fact is that apart from CoD2024 (which has not been specified to come out on Switch 2 or any other platform, no matter how obvious it may be), Far Cry 5 had also been previously leaked.

I don't even understand what this discussion is about, if you don't trust Necro despite its good track record, he is a famiboards user, ask him directly here.

and?
We have from a reliable source a rumor/leak/however you want to classify it of a game that would come to Switch 2, from a person who we know has sources because he also has a history with hardly any failures.

The fact is that apart from CoD2024 (which has not been specified to come out on Switch 2 or any other platform, no matter how obvious it may be), Far Cry 5 had also been previously leaked.

I don't even understand what this discussion is about, if you don't trust Necro despite its good track record, he is a famiboards user, ask him directly here.

I’m saying Necro is not a very good source in general and is not close to a “confirmation” which was the wording you used.

I’m saying Necro is not a very good source in general and is not close to a “confirmation” which was the wording you used.
At no time did I say that it was something confirmed, I just passed the rumor on to the other user, this is a thread for rumors and leaks coming from journalists, ratings and stores.

Regarding Necro as a source, he is reliable, but if you don't trust him as a journalist there isn't much to discuss, I'm not going to force you to trust him, but it doesn't seem fair to me that you now belittle him as a source. As mentioned above, he is a famiboards user, ask him here directly if you think he makes things up.

Yeah I don't buy Far Cry rumor either. Ubi didn't bring any FC games to Switch despite having some of them re-released within Switch's lifetime. Plus it's too early for ANY game to be "leaked" for Switch atm.

A Switch only FC 1-3-4-Blood Dragon would have been sweet but Ubi doesn't do re-releases on Switch anymore, Ezio collection being the last one.

Yeah I don't buy Far Cry rumor either. Ubi didn't bring any FC games to Switch despite having some of them re-released within Switch's lifetime. Plus it's too early for ANY game to be "leaked" for Switch atm.

A Switch only FC 1-3-4-Blood Dragon would have been sweet but Ubi doesn't do re-releases on Switch anymore, Ezio collection being the last one.
Ubisoft tried to bring to Switch Far Cry Primal (leaked thanks to linkedin) but it was cancelled (probably for technical reasons).
If they didn't bring other older games it's probably because they couldn't fit them into their development pipeline, where AC has had preference.

Now with a more powerful console, the barriers that caused the cancellation of these releases will surely not be found.

Last edited:
Ubisoft tried to bring to Switch Far Cry Primal (leaked thanks to linkedin) but it was cancelled (probably for technical reasons).
If they didn't bring other older games it's probably because they couldn't fit them into their development pipeline, where AC has had preference.

Now with a more powerful console, the barriers that caused the cancellation of these releases will surely not be found.

That Doctre81 video is also sketchy. Switch ports of such titles should be worked by external studios like Virtuos, which Ubi worked with before, or internal like Ubi Chengdu. The games should appear their own resume like Borderlands did once.

Ubi would definitely would bring games like Watch Dogs 1 or Far Cry collection as I mentioned first to check the userbase response. Doesn't need to be in their pipeline, as other studios would assume the porting job, like Chengdu did AC and Settlers. And other consoles had WD and FC re-releases within Switch's lifetime.

That Doctre81 video is also sketchy. Switch ports of such titles should be worked by external studios like Virtuos, which Ubi worked with before, or internal like Ubi Chengdu. The games should appear their own resume like Borderlands did once.

Ubi would definitely would bring games like Watch Dogs 1 or Far Cry collection as I mentioned first to check the userbase response. Doesn't need to be in their pipeline, as other studios would assume the porting job, like Chengdu did AC and Settlers. And other consoles had WD and FC re-releases within Switch's lifetime.
What you mention is speculative, since the leaked ports may well have been handled internally by their teams at first (as happened with AC3 or immortals), it is something that only Ubisoft will know. We only know that they came into existence thanks to linkedin.

Regarding the relaunches of WD (Which only consisted of redistributing the original release) and Far Cry (whose only re-release has been a port of 3 that could be perfectly in the pipeline now, seeing how long it took with the Ezio collection), what has been said, Ubisoft has a pipeline and will not have been able to fit them in because they are bringing preference to Assassins Creed and new games like Immortals or Anno. But the intention to bring both sagas has existed.
They don't even have to release a previous game first, with South Park they released the second game first, and then a year or so later its prequel.

Last edited:

yeah they never even brought the Far Cry 3 re-release to Switch but Far Cry 7 is gonna be on Switch 2 Day 1?

doubt.jpg

They should revisit Watch_Dogs 1 and "undowngrade" it for the Switch version utilizing the Tegra's Nvidia-specific feature sets like tesselation. Also upgrade the reflections to being screenspace.

I didnt know there are a Star Trek game in development
Already out earlier this year for PC/PS/Xbox. As a big Star Trek fan... didn't love it. Story didn't seem as interesting as a lot of novels, only felt like there were a few choices that would have lasting repercussions, and it kept trying to spice things up with little minigames that didn't have depth, since each was only meant to take up a couple minutes of your time once or twice in the game. Should work fine on Switch with the usual resolution/texture cutbacks, though.

Little reminder, Jet Force Gemini and 007 are not 18 rated outside Japan and they are releasing it on the normal app. So, this new app is for M/Pegi18 rated games like Killer Instict, Mortal Kombat, Perfect Dark, Mace, Conker, etc

Little reminder, Jet Force Gemini and 007 are not 18 rated outside Japan and they are releasing it on the normal app. So, this new app is for M/Pegi18 rated games like Killer Instict, Mortal Kombat, Perfect Dark, Mace, Conker, etc

Killer Instinct Gold was rated Teen in its time. Agree with Perfect Dark and Conker.

Just to properly credit the person who found that out

source article:
image.png

@necrolipe your site spreading misinformation

Quoted by: LiC
Pretty sure the Dealabs article isn't being cited as a source for the Nintendo Switch release rumor, just some plot/character details.
it's not clear to me that Universo Nintendo is making a platform claim in their article but maybe something is getting lost in translation

Pretty sure the Dealabs article isn't being cited as a source for the Nintendo Switch release rumor, just some plot/character details.
Yeah it seems only source for this is Bilibili-kun, they have access to imminent reveals such as this one. If Bilibili-kun is saying it's for PS5/XboxX, then it'll be so.

Back
Top Bottom