• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Rumors and Leaks Archive |ST| Rumor Has It...

if I remember correctly, @necrolipe mentioned that the development was still on, perhaps at the hands of another studio after a reboot

The first game is also turning 30 this year...on October 30, and Bandai Namco isn't shy of releasing anniversary titles a year or what later (e.g. Pac-Man Museum +).

At this point I don't even care what Ridge Racer they would release. I'd take anything... Always hoped for a straight port of Ridge Racer 6, because it is probably my favorite. Or a remake of Ridge Racer Type 4, done by the same people who did the Klonoa remasters, maintaining its outstanding style, preferably combined with the 20th anniversary remixed and remastered soundtrack. Or a collection...or remasters of the PlayStation Portable games, which are basically best-ofs.

It also shows Humankind for Switch. Humankind was just launched for other platforms and got rated for Switch a while ago. Maybe a late port?
Yeah, could be a lateport.

Seeing Warner's last 3 ports, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one too.

The trends were there already considering WB's accelerated support the last few years.. but if this is true - it shows that they might be all-in from the start next gen.

Maybe
Hopefully

Oh damn, i'd try Gotham Knights on Switch for sure

What is Humankind?
Double post, but Humankind is very much like Civilization in that you, the immortal leader of a civilization, must take your civ from their early beginnings to the stars.

There are some major differences, the main one being that you gain additional abilities per era by selecting an era specific civ, an early hunter/gatherer era, objective based gameplay in the Era Stars, and being able to micro combat.

Double post, but Humankind is very much like Civilization in that you, the immortal leader of a civilization, must take your civ from their early beginnings to the stars.

There are some major differences, the main one being that you gain additional abilities per era by selecting an era specific civ, an early hunter/gatherer era, objective based gameplay in the Era Stars, and being able to micro combat.

Yeah, doesn’t sound like my kind of thing sadly, I’d be up for a native Gotham Knights though

The lord of the rings return to moria rated for Switch in Brasil

image.png

Bendy and the dark revival (the sequel for Bendy and the ink machine) rated for switch

Bendy and the dark revival (the sequel for Bendy and the ink machine) rated for switch
Wait, this wasn't released on Switch alongside of other consoles? I thought it did. Didn't devs say it was also launch on Switch?

T-1000 as guest character dlc on the pack 2 leaked by VA from Mk1

some characters of the dlc character pack 2 leaked via datamine
Noob Saibot, Cyrax robot, Kotal / He-Man / Conan (maybe multiple skins on the same character?), Ghostface, Jade, Cassie Cage, Kung Jin, T-1000

And a history dlc, again, datamined

Metal Gear Solid master collection Vol. 2 leaked via datamine of the original Master Collection Vol. 1

MGS4, MGS5 and Peace walker as the main games

IGN reported a few months ago about MGS Vol 2 featuring PW/4/5 as main games. They also said that its (apparently) also coming to Switch. That of course the wouldn’t be extremely strange as they all are Gen 7 titles.

Regardless, I imagine its a late 2024 title, would be a good move for Konami if it aligns with Switch NG launch month.

IGN reported a few months ago about MGS Vol 2 featuring PW/4/5 as main games. They also said that its (apparently) also coming to Switch. That of course the wouldn’t be extremely strange as they all are Gen 7 titles.

Regardless, I imagine its a late 2024 title, would be a good move for Konami if it aligns with Switch NG launch month.
Yeah, is on the archive of the thread made by @frog

The new datamine show us another piece of the same puzzle

So, paradox: MGS4 would surely need a lot of work. So will run better than the vol.1 collection?
Surely the largest investment in this relaunch project is dedicated to MGS4 and MGS5.
Despite that, I would expect that when it is released they will have similar performance to those released now, 720p30fps

It will also depend on who is doing the specific ports of MGS4 and the ither games, since there are multiple studios involved in this project.(For example, on Vol1, rocket studio ports MGS2 and 3, and M2 makes the emulated versions of the other games)

Still, it's nothing that any current platform can't move.

Last edited:

This is probably what all those Smash rumors originated from, as well as all of those various amiibo restocks. Everything was pointing to this console special edition which doesn't even have the unique printed doc like the original. Guess Switch 2 news is next year.

This is probably what all those Smash rumors originated from, as well as all of those various amiibo restocks. Everything was pointing to this console special edition which doesn't even have the unique printed doc like the original. Guess Switch 2 news is next year.
I wouldn't pay much attention to this pack, since it is evident that it is coming out to remove stock.

I doubt it means much of anything, but I think it is kinda interesting that a Smash OLED bundle is coming to a game that needs a new patch for Sora amiibo support next year.
With Mario Kart 8 finally coming to an end, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Nintendo wanted long term support for another big series again and just did it by going back to an existing game. More likely though, it'll be a patch with just Sora amiibo support and people will wonder why Minecraft Steve remains unnerfed after years of being top tier.

I know Pikmin 4 is already doing pretty well by Pikmin standards, but using Mario Wonder as a Trojan horse to get Pikmin 4 into more homes this holiday would be such a smart move imo

Making sure a whole bunch of kids have Pikmin as "the other game they got with their Switch" would go a long way towards mainstreaming the series

Lego 2K goal spotted on PS Store with their codename "Build Up", logo and art

This game was leaked on the past for switch, so, an official announcement could be near

I know Pikmin 4 is already doing pretty well by Pikmin standards, but using Mario Wonder as a Trojan horse to get Pikmin 4 into more homes this holiday would be such a smart move imo

Making sure a whole bunch of kids have Pikmin as "the other game they got with their Switch" would go a long way towards mainstreaming the series
It only just struck me that some people may years from now remember Super Mario Bros. Wonder + Pikmin 4 the way many of us here think of Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt.

Back
Top Bottom