• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Rumors and Leaks Archive |ST| Rumor Has It...

An interesting tidbit from that report:

I can't think what this would be. Perhaps one of the Level 5 titles? Is one of those due this year?

They have multiple titles slated for 2023 with no dates attached to them yet, but only Fantasy Life I is exclusive from what I remember. And I think the 3DS one was published by Nintendo in the west.. so that could be a thing for the sequel to perhaps?

If Level-5 asked hard enough perhaps.. :p

I can't think what this would be. Perhaps one of the Level 5 titles? Is one of those due this year?
Sounds like Red Dead Redemption. Nintendo distributed the physical version of GTA Trilogy 2 years ago, wouldn't be surprising if they do the same for RDR.

They don't have any future Nintendo published/distributed third party game as of now, besides above.

L5 games should get updates at TGS. L5 loves TGS.

Could be a Square-Enix title too, but I don’t remember if Nintendo handles publishing their games in the UK/EU region

Sometimes yes, but i think it's getting less?
Nintendo handle the timed exclusives for Square Enix outside Japan, but not any simultaneous multi-platform launches. For example, Nintendo published both Triangle Strategy and Live Alive last year, but not Octopath Traveler 2 this year.

If Billbil-kun says that it'll be on all platforms, then it will be. Spot on track record.

This will also show MS's future plans for Bethesda's older game releases. Some rumor said Phil intended to make every single Bethesda game exclusive, but it seems that's not true. There's still hope for Fallout collection for Switch.

If Billbil-kun says that it'll be on all platforms, then it will be. Spot on track record.

This will also show MS's future plans for Bethesda's older game releases. Some rumor said Phil intended to make every single Bethesda game exclusive, but it seems that's not true. There's still hope for Fallout collection for Switch.
I'd love to see Fallout 3 and NV on switch.

Sounds like Red Dead Redemption. Nintendo distributed the physical version of GTA Trilogy 2 years ago, wouldn't be surprising if they do the same for RDR.

They don't have any future Nintendo published/distributed third party game as of now, besides above.

L5 games should get updates at TGS. L5 loves TGS.
This is exactly what I was thinking. And Nintendo seems to like RDR given Reggie's words.

I can see the exclusivity thing for new games and not ports / remasters / remakes but we will see

Maybe RDR isn't the mystery third party game at Gamescom after all. Because it will release (digitally) the week before the convention, why schedule closed door previews...

Maybe RDR isn't the mystery third party game at Gamescom after all. Because it will release (digitally) the week before the convention, why schedule closed door previews...
Maybe it's that mysterious Capcom game that'll be out before the end of March 24 and Capcom expects it to become a million seller.

I bet it's a Switch exclusive and it's... a full open world Mega Man Battle Network reboot!

Man, why do I do this to myself...

Since the front page was mentioned, I took a glance at it and Daymare 1994: Sandcastle has been confirmed, no? Gematsu has a press release for it and the publisher of the physical editions, GS2 Games has it listed for Q4 2023. Whether or not it actually releases then, it seems to be pretty official.

Maybe it's that mysterious Capcom game that'll be out before the end of March 24 and Capcom expects it to become a million seller.

I bet it's a Switch exclusive and it's... a full open world Mega Man Battle Network reboot!

Capcom started distributing its own games in Europe right?
GematsuSince the front page was mentioned, I took a glance at it and Daymare 1994: Sandcastle has been confirmed, no?
Ah thanks. I don't really know what that game is so I wasnt following

Did they? Since when they've been doing so? MH Stories 2 was a Nintendo distribution.
capcom distributes some games via Plaion, but others like switch MH games are distributed by nintendo.

So, no, they don't distribute their games.

Apparently RE9 will be a 2025 game, so...
Maybe we finally get the fabled Resident Evil timed exclusive Switch game by Q1 2024? My expectation is it's not called Revelations 3, but a subtitle that doesn't have a number reference. Like MH Rise not being MH6 but not being an spin off either. The RE Engine equivalent to Code Veronica and Zero, as in a non-numbered mainline title.
It coming in Q1 would definitely sell millions in that quarter alone. And would also make sense for a re-release for other platforms + repackage/patch for Switch 2 on holiday 2024.
Resident Evil Something announced at the September Direct, gameplay showcase at TGS and release in February 2024 as a timed exclusive here we gooooooo. (Full horror game btw, gameplay similar to the Remakes or to 7/8, canon to the story).

You may be aware we have a discussion ban on HL, this is a firm reminder this extends to the greater franchise as well. -xghost777, Irene, MondoMega
Mod edit: link removed.

New lego game leaked
Awesome, I love Harry Potter and the Lego games.

edit re warning:
Damn, that's a shame. :( I like the franchise separate from Rowling. I get it though, won't post further about it going forward

Last edited:
Where is the source of the mistery third party game by Nintendo on Gamescom?

An interesting tidbit from that report:

Decapolice, one of the Level 5 games from the February Direct, was announced as releasing in 2023. I think Fantasy Life i was also supposed to be 2023.

Now that the Pokemon Present is over, when's the next Nintendo Direct ? 😁

Decapolice, one of the Level 5 games from the February Direct, was announced as releasing in 2023. I think Fantasy Life i was also supposed to be 2023.

I'm looking forward to Decapolice.... I hope it's still scheduled for 2023 😢

Now that the Pokemon Present is over, when's the next Nintendo Direct ? 😁

I'm looking forward to Decapolice.... I hope it's still scheduled for 2023 😢
not counting 2020 due to pandemic delaying stuff every year other then that year going back to 2017 they have had one in September.

Quake 2 tomorrow, source SteamDB

New MK1 single player mode, source Brasilian Stores

Last edited:

Potential release date leak

Yeah, that's a believable date and pretty much where I expected it
Mortal Kombat 1 on Sept 19th
Batman Arkham on Oct 13th
Wizard Game on Nov 14th

It's a pretty good cadence of releases from WB, even if 2 of them are just ports they are still pretty big 3rd party releases for the Switch.

Yeah, that's a believable date and pretty much where I expected it
Mortal Kombat 1 on Sept 19th
Batman Arkham on Oct 13th
Wizard Game on Nov 14th

It's a pretty good cadence of releases from WB, even if 2 of them are just ports they are still pretty big 3rd party releases for the Switch.
Packed WB Games Switch months

if I remember correctly, @necrolipe mentioned that the development was still on, perhaps at the hands of another studio after a reboot
I have doubts if it's still on track for Switch. When developers say "we ain't doing this for Switch" Namco usually goes "ok"

Back
Top Bottom