• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Rumors and Leaks Archive |ST| Rumor Has It...

there are a dozen things I want from EPD 9 and nintendogs isn't one of them

it'd be an absolutely perfect mobile game though
Ya, if they outsourced that to Genius Sonority (Pokémon Cafe Mix), or got NDCube (Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Mario Party series, Clubhouse Games) tow work on it, it could be a fantastic fit for the mobile audience, with purchasable dog breeds, accessories, and even costumes.

Nintendogs on mobile would be dope actually. Then add skins to buy for your dogs to wear. I mean costumes... not skins...

An eShop version of Oregon Trail has been listed as coming soon on the game’s website.

still utterly baffling that there hasn't been a re-release of the older 80s versions outside of a random handheld device.
e5a06785-542e-4bb1-893f-84ae890f7e4a_1.3e08f737a21c1bfe98da22db9d0f52da.jpeg

the new game looks fine (and the proper representation of native americans is appreciated.) but having the official option to play past versions is necessary for historical purposes.

still utterly baffling that there hasn't been a re-release of the older 80s versions outside of a random handheld device.
e5a06785-542e-4bb1-893f-84ae890f7e4a_1.3e08f737a21c1bfe98da22db9d0f52da.jpeg

the new game looks fine (and the proper representation of native americans is appreciated.) but having the official option to play past versions is necessary for historical purposes.

I'm pretty sure that version of Oregon Trail is now freeware, and shows up legally on many websites for download. I could be mixing it up with an even older version though.

Sounds unnecessary. Redux version was just a next gen update, Switch does not need that. Current Observer on eShop is great port, they should not mess with that. They should port The Medium instead.

Also rated games keep piling up. We should get some announcements soon.
If I remember correctly, redux also added new content like a few new missions

I'm pretty sure that version of Oregon Trail is now freeware, and shows up legally on many websites for download. I could be mixing it up with an even older version though.
the original 1971 mainframe version, maybe. since it was developed by a school.
but the later releases (which were created by MECC.) most likely aren't.
the two "main" versions they should look into are the 1985 Apple II release (which is what the handheld is based off.) and the 1992 DOS "deluxe" release, which is the one i remember playing as a baby.
583931-the-oregon-trail-windows-screenshot-the-main-game-screen-the.jpg

the original 1971 mainframe version, maybe. since it was developed by a school.
but the later releases (which were created by MECC.) most likely aren't.
the two "main" versions they should look into are the 1985 Apple II release (which is what the handheld is based off.) and the 1992 DOS "deluxe" release, which is the one i remember playing as a baby.

Looking into it more, It was the 1990 version I recalled, but I had found it on an "abondonware" website, which looking further into it is more legally murky than I realized at the time. Several versions, including at least the 1990 version, are on the internet archive and able to be played in browser at least.

Shouldn't the leaked and working downloadable builds of Nintendo's Game Boy Color (Hiyoko) and Game Boy Advance (Sloop) emulators for Switch count towards the 2022 leak list even if it was on 4chan as I am pretty darn sure it is legit?

Shouldn't the leaked and working downloadable builds of Nintendo's Game Boy Color (Hiyoko) and Game Boy Advance (Sloop) emulators for Switch count towards the 2022 leak list even if it was on 4chan as I am pretty darn sure it is legit?
probably

All the Final Fantasy Pixel remasters are now rated by ESRB

All the Final Fantasy Pixel remasters are now rated by ESRB
Weird Xbox is not part of rated platforms.

Some useless youtuber today: "Emerging insider LONKFROMPA teases Nintendo primed to drop special announcement today!?" (Duration: 17 minutes)

I can just picture the thumbnail and enlarged text.
Yeah.. i just cant. How does this still work, that people are watching those videos that have 0 substance. do all of them really don't have anything better or more fun to do?
Looking into it more, It was the 1990 version I recalled, but I had found it on an "abondonware" website, which looking further into it is more legally murky than I realized at the time. Several versions, including at least the 1990 version, are on the internet archive and able to be played in browser at least.
Isn't it that "abandonware" is just the word for software that its technically illegal to download but since nobody is suing nobody cares?
Cause even if the company either stops support, providing it or does not exist anymore, the copyright is still in place till it officially moves into public domain, the owner puts it under CC/gpl?
I assume the abandon ware aspect came into play when companies and other Commercial products where depending on software that's not provided anymore officially cause the developer dissolved.For end consumer media product that lenience was never there i think. (not that anybody cares...)

Xbox has been really hit-or-miss as of late for a lot of Square Enix's releases (mostly miss). Though, it is surprising Final Fantasy is missing, given that was the one series they were consistent with on Xbox releases...
Probably a deal associated with Sony wanting to lock FF down onto their console but they couldn't money hat it enough to force Square to ignore the Switch.

Xbox has been really hit-or-miss as of late for a lot of Square Enix's releases (mostly miss). Though, it is surprising Final Fantasy is missing, given that was the one series they were consistent with on Xbox releases...
Give it 6-12 months. These will be good Gamepass bait.
I think all 6 games would be great on Game Pass. Though they might be working to see if the games can run on xCloud with Square. I know MS has been trying to push that.

Give it 6-12 months. These will be good Gamepass bait.

Probably a deal associated with Sony wanting to lock FF down onto their console but they couldn't money hat it enough to force Square to ignore the Switch.
My bet is these will come to plus extra but square knows they stand to make a shit ton (relative to cost) on switch sales for these so don’t want to prevent that.

This was matter of time considering how hard Epic pushes Nintendo Switch.

I wonder if WB will follow the suit and release Multiversus on Switch? Maybe not.
I think no because apparently the Switch struggles with rollback with more than 2 players

Anno 1800 rated for switch

And remntant from the ashes announced

Last edited:
It wouldn't be the first time with a late port.
Yeah but it would be weird as they announced the Switch version of another Ubisoft strategy game, The Settlers, announced along with other platforms. No reason to save Anno for "double dips", this could be a separate announcement at the next Direct too.

Yeah but it would be weird as they announced the Switch version of another Ubisoft strategy game, The Settlers, announced along with other platforms. No reason to save Anno for "double dips", this could be a separate announcement at the next Direct too.
🤷‍♂ is another possibility

We've already talked about it elsewhere, but Batrn Kaitos remake possibly coming to Switch this summer.

Main issue here is that nobody ever heard leaks by this source?
Btw if it says summer release, it should be announced in the next direct so we will find out within the next month

Main issue here is that nobody ever heard leaks by this source?
Btw if it says summer release, it should be announced in the next direct so we will find out within the next month
Pretty low stakes rumor yeah. Not sure about the source but it dies in like 4 weeks at the latest if it's fake. But I kinda believe it anyway. It lines up with quite a few things.

Baten Kaitos wouldn't be a surprise if it gets remade. RPGs are popular on Switch and this is an IP with a history on Nintendo and is a Monolith game.

Back
Top Bottom