• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Rumors and Leaks Archive |ST| Rumor Has It...

Whoa, is this a credible source?? I would absolutely love this, lol. Not quite as much as I’d love remakes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (or even just the original games ported to Switch), but still. I assume they’re going with Heroes first because it’s the second best-selling 3D Sonic game after Sonic Frontiers.

Last edited:
Whoa, is this a credible source?? I would absolutely love this, lol. Not quite as much as remakes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, but still. I assume they’re going with Heroes first because it’s the second best-selling 3D Sonic game after Sonic Frontiers.
Also the models can be reused for a Adventure 1 or 2 remake as well. I wonder if it is a straight port of the game through unity or a from scratch remake.

Whoa, is this a credible source?? I would absolutely love this, lol. Not quite as much as I’d love remakes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (or even just the original games ported to Switch), but still. I assume they’re going with Heroes first because it’s the second best-selling 3D Sonic game after Sonic Frontiers.
Big brain: they'll use these models to remake Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure as those games used low poly versions of the Heroes models

For reference, she (Midori) deals in a lot of rumors regarding SEGA/ATLUS stuff and has a very high accuracy.

I remember not hating Heroes at the time (tbf that was at least 15 years ago at this point), but remaking that game and not Adventure 1 and/or 2 would sure be a certified Sega moment

I think a worse game that's widely unavailable deserves a full remake (assumedly, why else would it be reportedly running in Unreal Engine) more than well-beloved titles that just got a rerelease this year (in Japan)

Crazy theory: Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are full re-imagination remakes as more open world titles like Resident Evil or FFVII Remakes.

Meanwhile Sonic Heroes is a 1:1 remake fixing some prior stuff lots of QoL improvements.

Sega seems scared and insecure about touching SA1 and SA2. Gives off a vibe that even they don't believe in themselves. Not really a great outlook for Sonic sadly.

Big brain: they'll use these models to remake Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure as those games used low poly versions of the Heroes models
Bigger brain: they’ll actually use these models to remake Shadow the Hedgehog after this, since that game used the same models as Heroes! (I genuinely, unironically wish that would happen, though I know it almost certainly won’t, lol.)

Sega seems scared and insecure about touching SA1 and SA2. Gives off a vibe that even they don't believe in themselves. Not really a great outlook for Sonic sadly.
I think it's less that they don't "believe in themselves" and more "in case of emergency (again)...break glass".

Remakes of those games would assuredly sell well, no matter what, as lots of people want them. All the more reason to hold onto them until you REALLY have either nothing else in the tank to tide things over until the next definitive release, or need something else to make up for another game failing to deliver.

Also, while at least Adventure 1+2 have ports that are going a decade old, Heroes hasn't been ported anywhere else in the 20+ years since the original release. And stands out more because it was Sonic Team's first foray into middleware-powered multi-platform development.

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t expect remakes of the Sonic Adventure games anytime soon, anyway, since they were literally just released on Steam for the first time in Japan this year.

I wonder how much of a remake Heroes will be. Will it just be Snake Eater, where the remake work is more towards the graphics, but everything else is the game?

WHAT COMES UP MUST COME DOWN

YET MY FEET DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND
Pre-coming out, I once recited that entire theme song on a first date with a work colleague who fancied me. They lost interest very, very quickly.

If I did that now to my girlfriend I think there’s a reasonable chance she’d propose on the spot. Anyway buzzing for the game

I wonder how much of a remake Heroes will be. Will it just be Snake Eater, where the remake work is more towards the graphics, but everything else is the same?
Probably depends on multiple factors. At this point, I think a full-fledged remake is the order of the day. After all, it's just not just graphics that'd be in consideration. You might as well fund a full rework and redub of the English script with the current vocal cast and make this game a product truly on par with the current era of Sonic games. And who knows if they want to add in anything more to the package deal, like the two extra teams that were originally planned for the game (Mighty, Ray, Metal Sonic and Fang, Bean, Bark). You could swap out Metal Sonic for some one like Trip or Honey and have a good enough "Team Classic". Plus, it'd give these guys and girl(s) the "Modern Designs" they need to be more accessible across all forms of Sonic media, which is something I'd definitely want, since the whole "two worlds" thing has been jettisoned.

Also...I have a sneaking suspicion that Sega/Sonic Team might just not possess the source code for the original version of Sonic Heroes, anymore, which would just make the need to remake the game even more apparent. Otherwise, why else would this game have not been ported at all in the last 20 years, when it's perhaps second only to the Adventure games in reverence to fans, and was one of the best selling Sonic games?

It would line right up with how Sega apparently "lost" the code for Unleashed, as well as so many other things from their past catalog. Ah, SEGA! Truly doing what Nintendon't~!

I think it's less that they don't "believe in themselves" and more "in case of emergency (again)...break glass".

Remakes of those games would assuredly sell well, no matter what, as lots of people want them. All the more reason to hold onto them until you REALLY have either nothing else in the tank to tide things over until the next definitive release, or need something else to make up for another game failing to deliver.

Also, while at least Adventure 1+2 have ports that are going a decade old, Heroes hasn't been ported anywhere else in the 20+ years since the original release. And stands out more because it was Sonic Team's first foray into middleware-powered multi-platform development.

Holding remakes of those games back as emergency cards is exactly what makes them come off as insecure about themselves, if that's the case they're not confident in delivering quality Sonic games.

A Sonic Heroes with tightened up controls and game feel should be a winner.

There are some really cool locales in the game as well, so seeing them on PS5 level hardware would be a treat.

Holding remakes of those games back as emergency cards is exactly what makes them come off as insecure about themselves, if that's the case they're not confident in delivering quality Sonic games.
I just don't see it the same way. Now that it seems like they FINALLY have attained something that might be a sustainable direction for 3D Sonic for the next few cycles...shouldn't we prefer for Iizuka and co. to continue doing so? And in the meanwhile, placing a bit more priority to remake/remaster games that were otherwise completely marooned on older hardware, such as Colors, Generations and now, Heroes? At this rate, maybe we can dare hope that Unleashed (ideally both versions) can be next, so everybody can be satisfied.

Again, I'm sure the Adventure games are the docket. There's just likely not as much of a hurry to get to them, while there's other stuff to cover.

A Sonic Heroes...remake...in 2025. I'm conflicted about that prospect because while I did enjoy that one back then even with its glaring issues, I wish they would put more resources in the next new 3D Sonic.

If they manage to polish up the controls and redo some of the bosses (like the enemy boss rushes) it could be decent. Still a rumor of course.

Sonic Adventure is 25 years old this year.

Perfect remake weather, and throw in Sonic Advance on NSO for Chao Garden shenanigans with Sonic Adventure 2. I swear Sega, it ain't that hard.

Sega flipping a switch to make 15 year old Steam ports available in Japan would not have much of an effect on the possibility of a remake
When Sega usually just delists ports when remakes are coming out, yeah no it probably would. It's very likely that they'll delist Generations on Steam once Shadow Generations comes out, which is both kinda fair cause the original Steam port is old and janky, and not available everywhere, but could also entirely break modding.

I just don't see it the same way. Now that it seems like they FINALLY have attained something that might be a sustainable direction for 3D Sonic for the next few cycles...shouldn't we prefer for Iizuka and co. to continue doing so? And in the meanwhile, placing a bit more priority to remake/remaster games that were otherwise completely marooned on older hardware, such as Colors, Generations and now, Heroes? At this rate, maybe we can dare hope that Unleashed (ideally both versions) can be next, so everybody can be satisfied.

Again, I'm sure the Adventure games are the docket. There's just likely not as much of a hurry to get to them, while there's other stuff to cover.

Sonic Frontiers being the direction is what saddens me the most, that game is extremely mediocre and overrated IMO. At this point, we've had a over a decade of mediocrity and downright bad games (Sonic Mania excluded), so my faith in them is non-existent right now,

Crazy theory: Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are full re-imagination remakes as more open world titles like Resident Evil or FFVII Remakes.

Meanwhile Sonic Heroes is a 1:1 remake fixing some prior stuff lots of QoL improvements.
A 1:1 Remake would still suck. The main conceit of the game, playing the same levels four times, is fundamentally flawed when there’s barely any differentiation between each of the playthroughs.

I can’t picture what a SA2 remake would look like. So much of that game’s identity is that early 2000s direction and cheese.

I can’t picture what a SA2 remake would look like. So much of that game’s identity is that early 2000s direction and cheese.
this is primarily why the prospect of remaking either has me nervous; i really don't think that modern sonic team, however much they may improve with this new gameplay direction, are able to pull off that iconic, late 90s/early 00s camp and charm that both boast.

SA1 is more the daunting remake than SA2. SA2 is very linear, but it would still need a lot of changes to make the game good. SA1 is luckily already good but it's hard to see how the free roam could be pulled off in this generation to meet modern standards

Personally, I would support Sega if they did one of the following:
  • Skip Adventure 1 and remake Adventure 2.
  • Remake Adventure 2 and then remake 1.
  • Rewrite the timeline and have Adventure 2 take place before 1

I'd never paid any attention to Sonic Heroes before, just watched part of a playthrough and it looks pretty good. Shame Knuckles sounds like he's shouting "shit!" every 10 seconds.

I'd never paid any attention to Sonic Heroes before, just watched part of a playthrough and it looks pretty good. Shame Knuckles sounds like he's shouting "shit!" every 10 seconds.
That's kind of the issue with Sonic Heroes though. You'll play through a single campaign (probably Amy's or Sonic's) and go "that was pretty solid why does this game have a poor reputation?". Then you'll do the other 3 campaigns and, and after doing the same stages and bosses over and over again you'll understand why the game's reputation isn't stellar.

Shame? I think that's a positive!
That's kind of the issue with Sonic Heroes though. You'll play through a single campaign (probably Amy's or Sonic's) and go "that was pretty solid why does this game have a poor reputation?". Then you'll do the other 3 campaigns and, and after doing the same stages and bosses over and over again you'll understand why the game's reputation isn't stellar.
Plus the game has pretty slippery controls, and was a mess on the PS2, the system people actually owned

Shame? I think that's a positive!

Plus the game has pretty slippery controls, and was a mess on the PS2, the system people actually owned
I played it on GC (which the game felt designed for with how the character swapping worked on the x/y buttons) and I don't think the game felt any more or less slippery then the other 3D Sonic games of that era. I'm an Adventure era apologist, heck I'm a Shadow apologist, and my opinion of Heroes hasn't changed. The best way to play it is to play through either Team Sonic or Shadow's campaign, then download a save of the final boss, don't bother with any of the other campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom