• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is @mazi still a boomer then?
PzFZzBI.gif

Considering the role the "father" plays in the lore.. this is surprisingly depressing for Nintendo..?
"Get your dad a set of chainsaw blades that can be placed in an elaborate platforming maze that eventually reveals that he cared about one of his children, that was definitively not you, for Father's Day!"

nintendo thinks hollow knight is a dad game

L O L this is an absolute fuckin’ KO

I’m rolling over here, oh my god, happy fuckin’ father’s day to those of us with strained family relationships

edit: oh god dammit it’s a joke tweet. still losing it though

It’s definitely on my to do list. I just got sackboy for now and probably do resident evil 3 next

I need a week or so to find time to sit down and play through some classics
Glad to hear you're loving Sackboy so much! RE3 is pretty good despite some drawbacks and is beatable in about 5 hours, so should be a breeze for ya. While the SNES NSO app doesn't give specifics per game, I'd guess I put about 30 hours into Earthbound even when occasionally using a walkthrough as a navigation guide (never for bosses or anything), so it's a nice, lengthy, genuinely unforgettable experience. I'm so glad I finally beat it since starting around this time last month, but you almost feel a bit hollow after it's over!

Onto Star Fox 64 which I could possibly even beat tonight hahaha
Happy Father's Day
uvkt.jpg
Wow FLAWLESS timing for me

Forgot to mention... Nintendo send me a survey via email about my satisfaction on NSO (probably because recently I've upgraded to Expansion Pack); they asked me all kind of questions.. but on the suggestion box I mentioned that not only I'd like more systems supported on the service, but a clear and transparent roadmap to set expectations right, of how many games and preferencially what titles are coming in the in a set/regular basis; The N64 rollout was surprisingly well done, but I can't help but be concerned that they'll let us in the dark again for future inclusions...

Really a woman from a different, more polite era....
giving your underdog enemy a headstart and being like
giphy.gif

is something only elderly people would do.
-----------
Millenials and younger gens at the start of every match on the other hand.....

OGC.6e74b50f85c6b032f6b447aabd8e912c

The Snitch tweeted a poll asking if console wars were ridiculous, so now everyone's trying to figure out if it's a hint. My guess is that since the poll has 4 options (all of which seem to be "yes" in different languages), I'm gonna go ahead and guess it has something to do with the rumored Apple console.

Or maybe we're just overthinking it 😅

Have you ever had so much to do at work (and at home for that matter) that you feel like you have to call in sick
Just to be able to do the shit that needs to be done at work?

Jeez, the coming 4 days before I go on a vacation is going to be god awful. insert the worst possible cursing word

PSA: The first 4 Heroes of Might & Magic games are on sale at GOG for $2.50 each. Engrossing “one more turn” strategy/rpg-lite gameplay and a ton of value that runs on a toaster.

I wish my children would play this but I have serious doubts.

A Bleachers/CRJ double bill sounds like one hell of a concert. You going to the Cleveland or Toronto show?
Tickets to Toronto's show, and then the night after is The Killers!

In a painful twist, those same dates now have John Mulaney doing his stand-up during the CRJ/Bleachers concert and Trixie Mattel and Katya doing their show the same night as Killers 🙃 I need some way to split my conscious so I can enjoy all four events

Well I finally did it. I finished my Golden Deer playthrough of Fire Emblem Three Houses. First time playing the game since 2020 after Cindered Shadows DLC came out. With this playthrough, my total playtime surpassed Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2 to become my most played Switch game. I still have the 4th route to playthrough and I have a save file right at the important decision to immediately jump into that route's unique stuff. But I'll save that for some downtime in the future. But for now, it's time to tuck the game away.

It isn't goodbye ,Three Houses. It's hello, Three Hopes.

Gonna make a trip to one of my least favorite places tomorrow (GameStop) and get some eShop cards with my tip money.

AI Nirvana Initiative, Three Hopes, Sonic Origins, and Capcom Fighting Collection. Might grab enough for Live A Live and Xenoblade 3 as well.

Went ahead and pre ordered FEWTH. Also didn’t realize that Live a Live was a $50 release. That ups my chances of getting it sooner

Got a headache this afternoon, joy.

I can say that they’ve not been nowhere near as frequent anymore as they used to be. Still as annoying when I get them though

I’m not checking any videogame forum/thread once Sunday comes to avoid any of his leaks lol
He will for sure
I might have to check out of the forum in a week, too. This is a tall order, but would it be possible to have a "no leaks/spoilers" Direct thread? Or like, keep them all isolated to one thread/use spoiler tags/etc. for those who don't want any leaks if they do appear?

The handheld nature of the Switch is more appealing the more I think about how just fucked the US and probably the whole world is.

It’s like that lady in the Last of Us 2 with the Vita.

Yikes thread's been dead for over an hour

zot2qd850p721.png

I could ask you all for ideas for tombstone limericks. Mine aren't super clever but at least they rhyme. Here's one:

Here lies the body of Ariel Flynn
Who woke in the night to hear such din
She found a beast sniffing through her bin
And wound up supper for it and its kin

I have decided to further support the cause of not playing games by leaving my Switch at my parents’ house.

Still kicking myself for being absentminded, I was planning to finally start Rune Factory 5

I've been listening to Reggie's book today on Audible, and I made it to the Nintendo part of the book! It got there a lot faster than I anticipated. I still have over 5 hours left of this audiobook! It's great.

I have decided to further support the cause of not playing games by leaving my Switch at my parents’ house.
Sympathy yeah my friend. I’m paranoid about doing this myself or leaving the power cable behind like I used to do about half the time when I was a kid visiting my grandparents.

I remember in college, we had a one week break for Thanksgiving, then we returned to campus for another 2.5 weeks for finals, and then we had a month long break before the next semester. I would always bring my Xbox and Wii back home for Thanksgiving and leave them there so I didn't have anything to distract me for finals. Not playing games for 2.5 games is easy nowadays. But damn, when you're cramming for finals for two years, you just want to take a break from studying and play a damn videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom