• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here talking about No Time to Die, while I’m all about No Time to Play Games.
I might have Time to Play Games tonight if this damn Paul Thomas Anderson movie doesn't scramble my brain with a splash of milk and some chopped green onions.

I was sort of dragged to Jurassic World Dominion today. It was all right, just like how every movie after Jurassic Park is varying degrees of all right.

Not enough people getting torn apart by dinosaurs for a two and a half hour movie. But I did appreciate how the bad guy (who looks EXACTLY like Tim Cook) gets it the same way Newman gets it in the first movie.
I willingly saw it tonight! I think it is worse than the last movie, somehow. I liked it even less than Rise of Skywalker!

How they managed to bring this franchise to the point that it makes dinosaurs seem boring is beyond me. Trevorrow is a real Disaster Artist, if you ask me.

Me watching the credits where they're showing the actors as they appeared in the film along with their names:
Oh neat, they actually got the Haim sisters to play her sisters. And her actual parents! That's super cute, oka-- wait. What?
* rewind, pause *
Destry Allyn... Spielberg???
* looks closely at her face *
Jesus christ it's literally just a young Steven without a beard. Holy shit.
It happened.
My brain is now scrambled with a splash of milk and some chopped green onions.

I'd have time to play games but I think I'm going to be wild and watch episode 7 of Stranger Things immediately after episode 6.

Me seeing the ending to Fallen Kingdom: “hey this setting has potential, tho this film is kinda bad”

Dominion: “what the hell is this? There’s 2 plots here’s and somehow none to do with the ending of Fallen Kingdom”.

Fallen Kingdom at least was structured better. And was more “fun”. And funny (tho for the wrong reasons)

I have no idea how I’m gonna finish Silver Snow/Crimson Flower in five days but Azure Moon was definitely worth replaying.

I was sort of dragged to Jurassic World Dominion today. It was all right, just like how every movie after Jurassic Park is varying degrees of all right.

Not enough people getting torn apart by dinosaurs for a two and a half hour movie. But I did appreciate how the bad guy (who looks EXACTLY like Tim Cook) gets it the same way Newman gets it in the first movie.

Easy to do when they know the actor isn’t coming back so can start a new arc with a different lead
Yeah absolutely, just saying they never did it that way before, as the role was always handed from one to the next as though nothing actually changed. So I was kinda shocked when they pulled an actual in-universe "Kay this one's gone, time for the next." 🤷‍♂️

Yeah absolutely, just saying they never did it that way before, as the role was always handed from one to the next as though nothing actually changed. So I was kinda shocked when they pulled an actual in-universe "Kay this one's gone, time for the next." 🤷‍♂️
let’s just hope they don’t have Bond turn out to not be dead

H75RkuM.jpg

@Suswave
the prayer for tonight

A lot of games claim that you will need to play the game multiple times to to get everything but I think Three Houses is the first game where I've felt you really do need to do all the playthrough to get all the significant story beats, lore, and character development. Some routes don't even touch on upon significant parts of the backstory. The truth behind the Tragedy of Duscur is revealed in Edelgard's and Claude's routes, not Dimitri's. Who Byleth really is is barely touched upon in Edelgard's route with the exception of some small hints. Some of the lore is kept away between character supports and some of them are between characters from different houses. That means you have to make an effort to recruit other students and pair them with certain people.

I touched upon this a bit some weeks ago in a post. While I'm sure some people find this method of story telling frustrating, I quite like it because it makes Fodlan and it's people seem larger and developed beyond what just the player is directly experiencing.
I agree with you, certainly more so than, say, making the route choice in Sacred Stones, where it’s just more a matter of which units you want to hang out with more for the first half of the game. Or choosing between Eliwood and Hector etc.

I think Fates also had aspects of this (In that Revelations covered some of the bigger questions not handled by Birthright or Conquest), but it was also such a random mess of a story that I cared far less about it, whereas TH at one point had me cracking out a notebook to try and put the timeline together across multiple routes.

The Truman Show is one of my favorite films of all time. I love everything about it, its themes, Jim Carrey's brilliant acting, Philip Glass's score, how the narrative develops. Its all 10/10 muah levels.

How this relates to Nintendo? Obviously that Jim Carrey will voice Sylux in MP4.

the are ALIVE!!!!!! Treasure is alive!

" we are working hard to announce the highly requested "that" title"

that title??

After finishing Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth I think Nintendo needs to get Team Ladybug to make a Zelda 2 remake.

Me @ all this Jurassic slander
fwq5ji21c7s61.jpg

I learned it from Sonic 06. One kiss and that motherfucker went super saiyan
tumblr_p7joloYCWH1v9gh4vo2_400.gifv

Yall I can't handle this

Having seen Bleachers as my first live concert last November since Covid struck, I am SO STOKED for Carly and Jack's double header in September.

I'm gonna buy all the garish merch

For reasons I don't understand (probably the same reason as always, though) I slept for 10 hours straight and am exhausted. There goes my plan to get out to a museum this morning.

Peaceable Sunday to all.

Having seen Bleachers as my first live concert last November since Covid struck, I am SO STOKED for Carly and Jack's double header in September.

I'm gonna buy all the garish merch
A Bleachers/CRJ double bill sounds like one hell of a concert. You going to the Cleveland or Toronto show?

Me seeing the ending to Fallen Kingdom: “hey this setting has potential, tho this film is kinda bad”

Dominion: “what the hell is this? There’s 2 plots here’s and somehow none to do with the ending of Fallen Kingdom”.

Fallen Kingdom at least was structured better. And was more “fun”. And funny (tho for the wrong reasons)
How they looked at the concept “dinosaurs in our everyday world” and basically punted on it is beyond me.

PSA: The first 4 Heroes of Might & Magic games are on sale at GOG for $2.50 each. Engrossing “one more turn” strategy/rpg-lite gameplay and a ton of value that runs on a toaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom