• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played Nintendoland for the first time in a long time, with a full five player experience no less.

Jesus Hussein Christ Nintendo you should have ported this to Switch before Wii Sports and I will die on this hill. More mazes, more maps, more everything so it doesn't feel like a half baked tech demo but goddamn what a multiplayer experience it delivers

Oh no 23k people just learned what famiboards is
What happened that they learned of this site? Or is one of them heretic insiders talking shit because they've been called out here so much lol

Uh oh, Strikers already lost the top spot (US eShop)
It’s a worst product then Mario tennis and Mario golf on switch honestly.

I’m regards to content. And the demo was pretty bad, why have an online demo where you could only use the tutorial lol. Should’ve allowed a quick match for the demo.

My sister was watching My Cousin Vinny after I recommended it.

She’s like “I like this movie and the main actor”

Me: “joe Pesci?”

Sister: “yeah, he’s a funny guy”

Me: proceeds to giggle uncontrollably.

(She’s never seen Goodfellas)

I could ask you all for ideas for tombstone limericks. Mine aren't super clever but at least they rhyme. Here's one:

Here lies the body of Ariel Flynn
Who woke in the night to hear such din
She found a beast sniffing through her bin
And wound up supper for it and its kin
I always liked the limerick tombstones in King's Quest. I think in King's Quest 7, IIRC, there's a whole room full of punny death tombstones that the VA actually reads if you click on them all

My younger brother went to a bar tonight, and they inexplicably had a Nintendo-themed trivia round. I thought I would post the questions here for fun and also to see if I'm alone in thinking one of the answers is just plain wrong.

1. Name of the types of cards that Nintendo manufactured prior to making video games.
2. Name of Nintendo's founder.
3. Year the company changes its name.
4. First handheld console.
5. This console sold 500,000 on release day.
6. DS release year.
7. Console released in 1985.
8. Company Nintendo partnered with to put their characters on cards in 1959.
9. What game was Mario introduced as Jumpman?
10. Where was Nintendo founded?

My brother said N64 for #5. And he got it correct! That seems high? I can't find anything to back that number. Am I crazy?

Sadly I don't have the bar's answer key, but by my own scoring system I got everything but #3 and #8.

Enjoy?

My girlfriend, who is a weeb, has set out on a mission to convert me to the glorious ways of weebdom. My indoctrination thus far has included viewings of Fate Zero, Evangelion, Blame, and The Wind Rises, in addition to the ritual consumption of Pocky, Strong Zero, and Takoyaki.

To be fair, as a diehard fan of both Nintendo and the Godzilla series, I feel like I was already halfway there. Like 90% of my favourite games are Japanese also.

I have accepted my fate.

My girlfriend, who is a weeb, has set out on a mission to convert me to the glorious ways of weebdom. My indoctrination thus far has included viewings of Fate Zero, Evangelion, Blame, and The Wind Rises, in addition to the ritual consumption of Pocky, Strong Zero, and Takoyaki.

To be fair, as a diehard fan of both Nintendo and the Godzilla series, I feel like I was already halfway there. Like 90% of my favourite games are Japanese also.

I have accepted my fate.

I have accepted my fate.
* ahem *
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
You're welcome.

I should play .hack someday

I just got the OG PS2 one a while back, and it's extremely archaic and grindy unfortunately.

One of those things begging for a remake.

And G.U is better gameplay wise, but just doesn't have the same sense of character and mystery.

You really gonna expose him to Endless Eight like that? OH!!!!!! You're trying to stop his weebness from going ever further beyond. Smart. Carry on my wayward son.
It's the litmus test. If you can get through Haruhi, you are weeb. It's just science.

You really gonna expose him to Endless Eight like that? OH!!!!!! You're trying to stop his weebness from going ever further beyond. Smart. Carry on my wayward son.
It's the litmus test. If you can get through Haruhi, you are weeb. It's just science.

3kEkZWa.png

A new video from Bamco regarding .hack 20th anniversary, no new game/collection announced yet, but those artbooks looks really nice

I have accepted my fate.
This is gonna be me with my girlfriend but with tokusatsu

I am really only active since a few days but I wanna thank everybody involved and the whole community for creating and fostering such an awesome place to discuss all kind of things Nintendo and more! Really thankful being able to be a part of it all :)

Four years ago I was playing Earthbound but dropped it after about 10 hours. Suddenly I feel the urge to finish it this holiday. Can I just pick it up again or is it better to restart the game from the beginning?
I think it's better to restart it. I haven't played it in about 3 weeks (maybe less) and I'm having a hard time reconnecting, so I'd imagine 4 years would be troubling.

I was typing something about fire emblem three hopes and it autocorrected hopes to holes lol
That’s a totally different type of content I think

To anyone in Toronto or in the GTA, Pearson airport is a nightmare. I'm flying out to LA for business and my flight is at 10 AM Toronto time. Tell me why I got to the airport for 5:30 and I was put into a lounge to wait until my flight was called so that I could go through security. The backlog is horrible man. I actually wish I didn't have to fly.

I lost 3h of playtime in Omori because of a save bug and apparently this was even in the PC version.

So, uh, be careful.

edit: also, uh, be doubly careful and read up on some trigger warnings for the game because jeez

Last edited:
To anyone in Toronto or in the GTA, Pearson airport is a nightmare. I'm flying out to LA for business and my flight is at 10 AM Toronto time. Tell me why I got to the airport for 5:30 and I was put into a lounge to wait until my flight was called so that I could go through security. The backlog is horrible man. I actually wish I didn't have to fly.
RIP in peace, that must be awful. If it's any small comfort, Pearson I think is the busiest airport across North America, so with luck the flight back from LA shouldn't be as painful.

A friend of mine went to visit New York from Billy Bishop so I pray that it wasn't as nightmarish for them being a smaller airport

I always liked the limerick tombstones in King's Quest. I think in King's Quest 7, IIRC, there's a whole room full of punny death tombstones that the VA actually reads if you click on them all
The best one imo is Quest for Glory 4 where John Rhys Davies reads them all.

I found an interesting video on Metroid Dread, once I can locate my copy. It got lost somehow, and I have no idea where it disappeared to, but I will find it.

I saw this video as well and I had my eyes locked in and ready to roll them all the way to the back of my head... but I actually somewhat agree? -4 is maybe too strong because of crushed blacks but I do think that Dread can be a tad bit too bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom