• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some more time with Mario Strikers Battle League.

It is such a disappointment. Nothing to do with content actually.

It’s purely the gameplay.

-It went for a more technical aspect then charged, but it completely slowed the paced and shrunk the field way too much to be any fun. It was a reoccurring issue with Charged with speed being the best stat and it’s the same here, but because the field is so small, it’s even better here. Meaning that you’re at a disadvantage if you don’t have at least some speed in the team. Smaller field means you’ll be overrun so quickly that it’s laughable to even consider anything but 4 toads as a squad.

-The AI is also unfun to play with cause of the small field, meaning if you don’t master this gameplay, you’ll be knock off the ball so fast. Charging tackles is also slow and took away the appeal mayhem of the orignal 2 where tackles were so instant meaning recovering the ball didn’t take as long at times. The lack of a quick sliding tackle and a tough tackle is noticeablely done purely cuase of the size of the field. Again.

The biggest issue.

-the fields are way too small. That is the biggest issue with the game for me. And it’s effecting everything about the game. Shots always feel weak but Bom Bom is clearly not a good AI goalkeeper, lets in stuff so easily. Dashing is so slow cause if it was any faster, You’ll be half way across the Field. The tackles being the way they are. Can’t have that cuase of the field. It’s too clutter, making the game just not fun by yourself. Unlike the original where the AI would have space and would be easier to actually play some football.

-no character is actually unique. So we have stats instead of abilities and that really hurts this game. But also, Field to small so abilities wouldn’t work well here.

I have a lot more to say. But this is by far the worst of the Striker games. It’s just not fun to play (subjective of course). It’s way too slow, the game feels very sluggish at time like I think something is either wrong with my Pro controller or it’s just the delay based aspect of the game. The stages being too small is hurting this game. The charging mechanics also makes this game too slow. Bom bom’s AI really sucks. Tackling sucks. Stages really don’t have charm to them, and never matters what you pick. The fact there’s 5(?) only is laughable. Music is such a downgrade from Charged. But better then the orignal at least.

If possible. I really recommended folks try out the Striker games on GameCube and Wii. Just too see how the Field being the way they are is really hurting the game. Like I honestly think if the fields were bigger and you could tackle much faster, this game might be better off. It’s just so disappointing for How it regress from the last 2 games.

Anyways. I don’t recommend Mario Strikers Battle League. But this is based off a person playing alone cuase I have no one to play with. I presume it’s much better with folks and maybe that’s really the reason for all these changes. In that case, I wish I know how it played with folks.
I don’t agree!

The size of the field is one of my favorite things, actually. It ups the pace of play. Also, it makes turtling more difficult. So, good!

Speed is important but I don’t agree that an all Toad team is the only practical loadout. I have yet to encounter anyone play this way online, either. Maybe I will see this more as the launch crowd dwindles?

I was a big fan of the original/Charged. Overall, I think the balance here is much, much better than Charged. That game had completely broken characters (Toad, Boo, Dry Bones had abilities that allowed them to easily bypass the goalie). It also had special shots that were automatic goals (Hammer Bro and Birdo). The only automatic goals in this game are head-on shots from right in front of the box (unless your character has a higher shooting stat, which means angled shots in front of the box are automatic). Since the field is shorter, it is hard to get the separation to make those shots. I remember suffering through many blowouts in Charged at the hands of cheesy players. Nothing like that here, yet.

I will agree that the different stadiums are negligibly different. That is a shame since Charged had some fun arenas.

Anyways, agree to disagree! I’m enjoying this game a lot, just as I enjoyed Charged a lot. I just think this is a more polished, thoughtful experience.

Been an awesome past couple days. On Thursday, my boss got back to our studio after filming a major Netflix movie for the past 7 months, so we celebrated by driving up to his lake house, working until about 1pm, then taking his boat out onto the lake, water-skiing, getting dragged on an inflatable float behind the boat, day-drinking and eating pizza on the boat, watching an early cut of one of our unreleased movies, and watching a massive rainstorm right at sunset in his sunroom.

Actually perfect day, and then we're sitting around the bonfire in his backyard overlooking the lake and I get an email back from our team who's producing my script letting them know that we've officially approached our first-pick director - Anna Konkle, who stars in, co-created, and co-wrote Pen15 on Hulu! Her agent is on our actress' team and was super excited to show Anna the script, so fingers crossed, Fami!!

Now I'm lounging in bed before seeing Lightyear and going to a really awesome seafood and pasta house later where we get free food because one of my best friend's uncles owns the place. This is coming right after a couple weeks of insane work, so life really does have an ebb-and-flow balance to it :)

So I did end up buying Xenoblade Chronicles: DE again because I had a good £10 in eShop Gold Coin credit, and I can really see myself getting into it now. It's got some really chill vibes and I think I just need to do some more research and reading to better understand the combat; it felt like I was just swinging blindly before, so to say.

Shame that there's no way in hell I'll be able to finish it + Xeno 2 + Future Perfect and Torna before 3 comes out :( I'll be missing out on the launch hype for a game once again cause of my incessant need to not finish my damn games lol

Been an awesome past couple days. On Thursday, my boss got back to our studio after filming a major Netflix movie for the past 7 months, so we celebrated by driving up to his lake house, working until about 1pm, then taking his boat out onto the lake, water-skiing, getting dragged on an inflatable float behind the boat, day-drinking and eating pizza on the boat, watching an early cut of one of our unreleased movies, and watching a massive rainstorm right at sunset in his sunroom.

Actually perfect day, and then we're sitting around the bonfire in his backyard overlooking the lake and I get an email back from our team who's producing my script letting them know that we've officially approached our first-pick director - Anna Konkle, who stars in, co-created, and co-wrote Pen15 on Hulu! Her agent is on our actress' team and was super excited to show Anna the script, so fingers crossed, Fami!!

Now I'm lounging in bed before seeing Lightyear and going to a really awesome seafood and pasta house later where we get free food because one of my best friend's uncles owns the place. This is coming right after a couple weeks of insane work, so life really does have an ebb-and-flow balance to it :)
Glad you had a good one. Had a great day thursday myself went to that one place I like to go from time to time

Sound amazing! Hopefully the pizza had pineapple to really put the day over the top.

That's fantastic news bud! Congrats and fingers crossed it all comes to plan!

I do not recommend going to Costco with two young kids that love to complain.
For my dad, my sister and I made it a living hell going into any home improvement store and actively counted out loud to sixty once just because he said "it's only going to be a minute" before making a stink.

No ragrets.

Owning a VR headset to experience cutting edge technology and applications = ❌
Owning a VR headset to bring your Nahobino VR avatar everywhere = 😎

1abc4ebf6353ae2f4f7a35a93badeedc5f7a95ba.pnj

f88a0c19b4efb1a84dd2349070f5774e75f465df.pnj

Last edited:
Owning a VR headset to experience cutting edge technology and applications = ❌
Owning a VR headset to bring your Nahobino VR avatar everywhere = 😎

1abc4ebf6353ae2f4f7a35a93badeedc5f7a95ba.pnj

f88a0c19b4efb1a84dd2349070f5774e75f465df.pnj
I dabbled in VRChat a few times but my social anxiety is strong even there lol. Nice avatar! Is it one you found or made/had made?

I wonder how many folks here do have a VR headset. Maybe there’d be enough for a meet up :)

It's ironic that the route in Three Houses where Dimitri is the most mentally stable is Edelgard's route. I mean he is still very angry in her route but at least he still mourns the loss of his allies. In his route and Claude's, he doesn't really give a shit.

I’ve been trying to play MM on NSO again after putting it down after it first launched, and wow I just cannot get into this game at all. I really want to finish it because it’s the only LoZ I haven’t played, but I’m just not enjoying a single moment. I think I actually hate this game.

It's ironic that the route in Three Houses where Dimitri is the most mentally stable is Edelgard's route. I mean he is still very angry in her route but at least he still mourns the loss of his allies. In his route and Claude's, he doesn't really give a shit.
I mean, technically he's most stable in his route after he gets through his issues

Plus I'd argue he still gives a shit in his route, but in that case it's just one more ghost to the pile

I dabbled in VRChat a few times but my social anxiety is strong even there lol. Nice avatar! Is it one you found or made/had made?

I wonder how many folks here do have a VR headset. Maybe there’d be enough for a meet up :)
Someone else ripped it from the game! There's a lot of Switch related content that's been uploaded. I don't talk too often, just when people in the rooms seem to be chill haha.

I'm making some time next week to watch a few video game cutscene movies on youtube. I've picked out Elden Ring, Half Life: Alyx and Stranger of Paradise. Anyone have any suggestions? 3 hours or less preferred.

I think this might only be understood by Canadians but

Dill Pickle Crispers are the best snack in the entire world I will not hear otherwise

Three Houses has such an obscene amount of content, it’s nuts. I had no idea about the secret CG you can get toward the end of Azure Moon if you recruited Caspar.

Three Houses has such an obscene amount of content, it’s nuts. I had no idea about the secret CG you can get toward the end of Azure Moon if you recruited Caspar.
I know there's a fair amount of stuff for recruiting characters from other houses (not to mention the support convos you'd never get normally) but the few playthroughs I've done I haven't recruited very many people outside of house. Maybe one day I'll do a NG+ run that recruits like everyone

Sony just doesn’t know how take their IPs very far and fails to capitalize on them at every opportunity. Super The Last of Us Party, The Last of Us Kart, The Last of Us Maker, The Last of Us Snap, The Last of Us Golf, Paper The Last of Us, The Last of Us Tropical Freeze (with Funky Mode), New The Last Of Us U Deluxe. There’s no logical reason why these don’t exist.

Goblin mode triggered an unplanned 20 minute nap which triggered a response from my health condition

I can't even be a bit of a pig without making myself ill.

Might just be time to go on Mass Effect 2 and do some cooking later instead of doing any work.

I want them all. Upping the piece count for more diversity(at the cost of a dollar price bump) is totally the right move

unknown.png

I need something fun to watch
My partner and I just finished watching Night Sky on Amazon, which was an enjoyable series. Interesting sci-fi hook, and you get to see Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons act their socks off as an elderly couple.

Not the best show ever, but definitely an enjoyable series.

You need "Our Flag Means Death" on HBO Max. Seriously. (they have HBO Max over at nl, right?)
Currently not at home sadly, but I'll keep it in mind.

My partner and I just finished watching Night Sky on Amazon, which was an enjoyable series. Interesting sci-fi hook, and you get to see Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons act their socks off as an elderly couple.

Not the best show ever, but definitely an enjoyable series.
I'll keep that in mind as well.

Maybe some light hearted anime would be good for the mood I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom