• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother just send me a clip of Asmongold reacting to the Amber Heard & Johnny Depp trial.

Lord help me.
rkKx3jE.gif

yes I'm going to keep using this reaction gif as the situations warrant

I've spent 300 orbs on the new Fire Emblem Heroes summer banner. I got two Edelgards and two Claudes but Dimitri alludes me. Before this banner, I had all but 6 of the Three Houses characters in the game. I've made it my arbitrary mission to collect them all. Thankfully, I had 500 orbs saved up beforehand. I haven't spent a single dime on this game. I may not be getting +10 characters, I have done pretty well with getting the most of the units I've wanted over the years.

Didn't he talk with Ironmouse?

I don't know who that is, but Asmon is an all around horrendous persona that apparently has ascended to some sort of cultural relevance since the Amber Heard trial which even reaches my mother.

All the plebs talking about how Dotemu should do Shinobi or Golden Axe next while I'm over here thinking

Today I’m goin’ absolutely CRAZY because of Hey! Pikmin and not in a good way either!! I bought the game a few days ago and haven’t opened it because reviews make it seem SO BORING and LACKING IN CONTENT that I have no will to even unwrap it from its packaging. I don’t know if it’s too late to return it to the store because I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I bought it because I heard great things about the GameCube/Wii U entries and wanted to see what all the hype is about, but if they’re not going to care about the final quality of what they put out, I’m not going to care about PLAYING it. I really hope I am able to return it because I’d like to put the $$$ towards a game that is actually a completed, worthwhile product. - Arlo probably.

Today I’m goin’ absolutely CRAZY because of Hey! Pikmin and not in a good way either!! I bought the game a few days ago and haven’t opened it because reviews make it seem SO BORING and LACKING IN CONTENT that I have no will to even unwrap it from its packaging. I don’t know if it’s too late to return it to the store because I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I bought it because I heard great things about the GameCube/Wii U entries and wanted to see what all the hype is about, but if they’re not going to care about the final quality of what they put out, I’m not going to care about PLAYING it. I really hope I am able to return it because I’d like to put the $$$ towards a game that is actually a completed, worthwhile product. - Arlo probably.
Whoever wrote the original version of this must be a mastermind

The Arlo reference really puts this completely original thought over the top.

IT IS DONE!

Xenoblade Chronicles is now complete. What a game! I know there is also the Future Connected story, and I started the first hour of it but I feel like I need to recharge my batteries. After taking in that wonderful finale and ending, I should probably let the dust mentally settle first before diving into this, even though it's not that long from what I hear.

Hope you all are doing well today!

IT IS DONE!

Xenoblade Chronicles is now complete. What a game! I know there is also the Future Connected story, and I started the first hour of it but I feel like I need to recharge my batteries. After taking in that wonderful finale and ending, I should probably let the dust mentally settle first before diving into this, even though it's not that long from what I hear.

Hope you all are doing well today!
I think you're right about recharging after that ending. Especially since FC takes place a while after and feels a bit different to the main game. Could be a bit whiplashy to go from one right into the other.

I think you're right about recharging after that ending. Especially since FC takes place a while after and feels a bit different to the main game. Could be a bit whiplashy to go from one right into the other.
That's absolutely what happened, haha. Not even a full hour in and I was like "....now is not the time."

Anime weeb shit, damn weebs

Grmbl grmbl

- writing this comment as I watch Love after World Domination

Soooooooooo since there doesn't really seem to be anyone posting in the thread tonight, does that mean I'm clear to post weeb shit??

etomzb4lqmg41.jpg
Since @chocolate_supra is sharing a character, did any of y’all see Murph today, the new Nerf mascot? Yay or nay?

I’m kind of torn here, but I lean towards if I was five, turned around and saw Murph right behind me I’d scream in terror lol.

Alright, now that I’ve done White Clouds twice back to back in FE3H, I think my third run will be shorter since I know there’s not a whole lot of unique dialogue in the monastery until the timeskip.

Since @chocolate_supra is sharing a character, did any of y’all see Murph today, the new Nerf mascot? Yay or nay?

I’m kind of torn here, but I lean towards if I was five, turned around and saw Murph right behind me I’d scream in terror lol.

This is an eldritch horror fit only for the darkest of universes

Aka a pretty solid Kirby boss

Game Pass getting both Omori and Shredder's Revenge, huh. I guess I can get Three Hopes after all. Furukawa should send Phil a thank you note.

If this means that creepy mascots are going to be in, then i'm all for it.

The world needs more "wtf" things in normal aspects of our lifes (like a Nerf mascot, something that nobody asked for).

After some more time with Mario Strikers Battle League.

It is such a disappointment. Nothing to do with content actually.

It’s purely the gameplay.

-It went for a more technical aspect then charged, but it completely slowed the paced and shrunk the field way too much to be any fun. It was a reoccurring issue with Charged with speed being the best stat and it’s the same here, but because the field is so small, it’s even better here. Meaning that you’re at a disadvantage if you don’t have at least some speed in the team. Smaller field means you’ll be overrun so quickly that it’s laughable to even consider anything but 4 toads as a squad.

-The AI is also unfun to play with cause of the small field, meaning if you don’t master this gameplay, you’ll be knock off the ball so fast. Charging tackles is also slow and took away the appeal mayhem of the orignal 2 where tackles were so instant meaning recovering the ball didn’t take as long at times. The lack of a quick sliding tackle and a tough tackle is noticeablely done purely cuase of the size of the field. Again.

The biggest issue.

-the fields are way too small. That is the biggest issue with the game for me. And it’s effecting everything about the game. Shots always feel weak but Bom Bom is clearly not a good AI goalkeeper, lets in stuff so easily. Dashing is so slow cause if it was any faster, You’ll be half way across the Field. The tackles being the way they are. Can’t have that cuase of the field. It’s too clutter, making the game just not fun by yourself. Unlike the original where the AI would have space and would be easier to actually play some football.

-no character is actually unique. So we have stats instead of abilities and that really hurts this game. But also, Field to small so abilities wouldn’t work well here.

I have a lot more to say. But this is by far the worst of the Striker games. It’s just not fun to play (subjective of course). It’s way too slow, the game feels very sluggish at time like I think something is either wrong with my Pro controller or it’s just the delay based aspect of the game. The stages being too small is hurting this game. The charging mechanics also makes this game too slow. Bom bom’s AI really sucks. Tackling sucks. Stages really don’t have charm to them, and never matters what you pick. The fact there’s 5(?) only is laughable. Music is such a downgrade from Charged. But better then the orignal at least.

If possible. I really recommended folks try out the Striker games on GameCube and Wii. Just too see how the Field being the way they are is really hurting the game. Like I honestly think if the fields were bigger and you could tackle much faster, this game might be better off. It’s just so disappointing for How it regress from the last 2 games.

Anyways. I don’t recommend Mario Strikers Battle League. But this is based off a person playing alone cuase I have no one to play with. I presume it’s much better with folks and maybe that’s really the reason for all these changes. In that case, I wish I know how it played with folks.
Yeah I'll be giving it a pass. Good thing it's such a stacked month with Neon White, Omori, Three Hopes etc.

Alanah Pearce on her podcast confirmed it in her calendar fairly nonchalantly, Nate spoke up reconfirming the date being what he's hinted at, and then IGN and a couple other news sites further corroborated the info. Could be the 28th from time zone shenanigans, but yeah the last week of June is when it'll be ruining a good chunk of patterns

(also HI HOLY SHIT you're back bud what's shakin?)
I see Brofield already answered but either way SUP DUDE

Life has been and continues to be wild, but I'm trying to be more active around here. When 2022/23 is over, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

and YEAH to the 29th. A late-month summer direct is unusual, and that's especially true when we already know so much about the second half of 2022. No idea what they'll show, but I'm excited.

Going as high as 31°C/88°F here today. No clouds in sight either, it is burning down raw.
Oh that's not so bad. We had a week of 98-100 around here not long ago, and with our swamp humidity that's not a fun time to exist.

God bless air conditioning.

Nintendo will really make us suffer until the last couple of days of June to deliver the Donkey Kong game they >100%< promised us? That sucks :<

In other news from my fashionably late Stranger-Things-athon, now nearing the end of Season 2:

RIP Sam, erm, Bob. No riding the Bobmobile into the sunset for you, huh.
Bob would have lived if he didn't take that moment to appreciate the love of his life standing by the doors knowing they were about to escape and everything would be okay.

Hope that helps twist the knife some more 🥲

Life has been and continues to be wild, but I'm trying to be more active around here. When 2022/23 is over, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

and YEAH to the 29th. A late-month summer direct is unusual, and that's especially true when we already know so much about the second half of 2022. No idea what they'll show, but I'm excited.

I can empathize with that a great deal, at least what this month has been filled with 😋 Here's to calmer winds ahead!

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that Nintendo would rather have a late Direct just to send us all into a frenzy about whether it's happening or not (thank God for insiders actually telling us what we want to know), so I hope it can meet the sky high expectations so many of us have as a result of their lack of communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom