• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Hardware Speculation is the first Fami thread with 1M views, woo.

I suspect that Direct Speculation will catch up by the time the Direct airs, haha.

Gonna attempt to go through and organize my big box of cables today. Maybe move them to a nicer box. Can’t throw anything out though. Might need it.

You can view thread statistics?
I don't know about mobile because I'm boomer af, but on my laptop I can see the number of views. If you look to the far right of this screenshot, you'll notice that replies and views are labeled.

Screen_Shot_2022-06-17_at_2.06.57_PM.png

I don't know about mobile because I'm boomer af, but on my laptop I can see the number of views. If you look to the far right of this screenshot, you'll notice that replies and views are labeled.

Screen_Shot_2022-06-17_at_2.06.57_PM.png

Light mode users, brr

I use light mode only on my shitty old laptop, because despite its matte screen, it is so dim that dark mode becomes hard to read when exposed to even light amounts of sunlight. Otherwise, I would never use it.

So I constantly have to switch modes depending on the device I use.

Do you ever have a good day and then read a Shuzo Oshimi manga just to find yourself profundly disturbed? Because I just did.

And I loved it

Has anyone played Brick Breaker on Switch/PS4/Xbone? After subjecting myself to endless bouts of Tetris 99 and still never achieving Tetris Maximus, I got an itch for a Breakout style game. DekuDeals tells me I missed the 80% off deal at the end of March, so I want to know if it's still a worthwhile game for zoning out and pretty colours.

(also petition to get Devilish on the Sega Genesis NSO?)

I've got the itch to finally finish off Xenoblade 1 and 2...

...but I only own 2 digitally and I sold 1 ages ago, so I'd have to rebuy 1 when I don't have much money right now.

Or wait for payday but then the sale would be over.

Truly woe is me.

On one hand I'm so excited for the new Fire Emblem that I want to read everything about the leaks. On the other I'm so very tired of reading people's extreme opinions of JRPG character design. There just something about those that make people go crazy.

Finally after several months of delays my xmen United pledge shipped and should be here Wednesday!

1st Jrpg with the vintage pokemon dub cast

In other news from my fashionably late Stranger-Things-athon, now nearing the end of Season 2:

RIP Sam, erm, Bob. No riding the Bobmobile into the sunset for you, huh.

Think I'm gonna work late and drink wine tonight Fami. Let's hope all the leaks happen while I'm at the laptop.

After some more time with Mario Strikers Battle League.

It is such a disappointment. Nothing to do with content actually.

It’s purely the gameplay.

-It went for a more technical aspect then charged, but it completely slowed the paced and shrunk the field way too much to be any fun. It was a reoccurring issue with Charged with speed being the best stat and it’s the same here, but because the field is so small, it’s even better here. Meaning that you’re at a disadvantage if you don’t have at least some speed in the team. Smaller field means you’ll be overrun so quickly that it’s laughable to even consider anything but 4 toads as a squad.

-The AI is also unfun to play with cause of the small field, meaning if you don’t master this gameplay, you’ll be knock off the ball so fast. Charging tackles is also slow and took away the appeal mayhem of the orignal 2 where tackles were so instant meaning recovering the ball didn’t take as long at times. The lack of a quick sliding tackle and a tough tackle is noticeablely done purely cuase of the size of the field. Again.

The biggest issue.

-the fields are way too small. That is the biggest issue with the game for me. And it’s effecting everything about the game. Shots always feel weak but Bom Bom is clearly not a good AI goalkeeper, lets in stuff so easily. Dashing is so slow cause if it was any faster, You’ll be half way across the Field. The tackles being the way they are. Can’t have that cuase of the field. It’s too clutter, making the game just not fun by yourself. Unlike the original where the AI would have space and would be easier to actually play some football.

-no character is actually unique. So we have stats instead of abilities and that really hurts this game. But also, Field to small so abilities wouldn’t work well here.

I have a lot more to say. But this is by far the worst of the Striker games. It’s just not fun to play (subjective of course). It’s way too slow, the game feels very sluggish at time like I think something is either wrong with my Pro controller or it’s just the delay based aspect of the game. The stages being too small is hurting this game. The charging mechanics also makes this game too slow. Bom bom’s AI really sucks. Tackling sucks. Stages really don’t have charm to them, and never matters what you pick. The fact there’s 5(?) only is laughable. Music is such a downgrade from Charged. But better then the orignal at least.

If possible. I really recommended folks try out the Striker games on GameCube and Wii. Just too see how the Field being the way they are is really hurting the game. Like I honestly think if the fields were bigger and you could tackle much faster, this game might be better off. It’s just so disappointing for How it regress from the last 2 games.

Anyways. I don’t recommend Mario Strikers Battle League. But this is based off a person playing alone cuase I have no one to play with. I presume it’s much better with folks and maybe that’s really the reason for all these changes. In that case, I wish I know how it played with folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom