• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So since you guys are already my focus group, I'm gonna ask if you like extensive/possibly randomized postgame content in your RPGs. Or is that too much?

I think I've already decided to cut the typical bullshit like weapon degradation and being unable to rest near enemies/without food. My game will try its best to respect your time.

I need something fun to watch
Being John Malkovich
Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)
What We Do in the Shadows
Coraline

All fun movies that IMO don't get mentioned nearly as much as they deserve especially considering how well regarded they are

Finished playing RE2 Remake tonight. With ray tracing on, the game was running at 1440p with fps averaging at 45, sometimes dipping in the 35s. On a Series S.

With that and Monster Hunter Rise, it kinda begs the question : is the RE Engine the best-optimized engine we have today ? I really hope we’ll get more RE Engine games on the Switch further down the road

Watched that one already

Grunkle Stan is life
giphy.gif

Finished playing RE2 Remake tonight. With ray tracing on, the game was running at 1440p with fps averaging at 45, sometimes dipping in the 35s. On a Series S.

With that and Monster Hunter Rise, it kinda begs the question : is the RE Engine the best-optimized engine we have today ? I really hope we’ll get more RE Engine games on the Switch further down the road
Probably NLG own engine they have? Both of their Switch games are even better performance wise than Nintendo EPD own games or at least match it

Probably NLG own engine they have? Both of their Switch games are even better performance wise than Nintendo EPD own games or at least match it
Are Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Strikers running on a NLG engine or are they really good at optimising the usual in-house Nintendo engine that EPD uses ? Never was able to find an answer on that

Resident Evil 2 is sooooo good. I think I have completed that game several times; it;'s rare these days that I replay games.

Almost everything works in that game.
I had very vague memories of the original game, but playing the remake, it’s a very very cleverly designed game. Every time you find a new item that opens up possibilities, you instantly know where to use it, and where to go afterwards. There’s many places to explore, and yet you never get lost. Great pacing that kinda reminded me of Metroid Dread

I had very vague memories of the original game, but playing the remake, it’s a very very cleverly designed game. Every time you find a new item that opens up possibilities, you instantly know where to use it, and where to go afterwards. There’s many places to explore, and yet you never get lost. Great pacing that kinda reminded me of Metroid Dread
It was like that in the original game as well. The game actually expanded the concept of the mansion to the Police Station, with outings to the sewer, a bit of the city and the lab. Purely on its map design its brilliant. The added presence of Mr. X in the remake makes the game even better.

A lot of games claim that you will need to play the game multiple times to to get everything but I think Three Houses is the first game where I've felt you really do need to do all the playthrough to get all the significant story beats, lore, and character development. Some routes don't even touch on upon significant parts of the backstory. The truth behind the Tragedy of Duscur is revealed in Edelgard's and Claude's routes, not Dimitri's. Who Byleth really is is barely touched upon in Edelgard's route with the exception of some small hints. Some of the lore is kept away between character supports and some of them are between characters from different houses. That means you have to make an effort to recruit other students and pair them with certain people.

I touched upon this a bit some weeks ago in a post. While I'm sure some people find this method of story telling frustrating, I quite like it because it makes Fodlan and it's people seem larger and developed beyond what just the player is directly experiencing.

Currently not at home sadly, but I'll keep it in mind.

I'll keep that in mind as well.

Maybe some light hearted anime would be good for the mood I have
Spy X Family, Komi Can't Communicate, and Kaguya-sama have been my go-to "feel good" anime this season. Ya Boy Kongming is also shockingly good, but it's not available on many services.

Currently not at home sadly, but I'll keep it in mind.

I'll keep that in mind as well.

Maybe some light hearted anime would be good for the mood I have
Ms Kuroitsu from monster development from last season would be a great pick for you then. About a lab tech for an evil organization in a power rangers type universe who creates monsters to battle the hero but decides they need free will to truly adapt. Fun and upbeat. Reincarnated with an ordinary guy who turned into a fantasy knockout was another fun one. From the current season Aharen is cute. Oh and Tsukimichi Moonlit fantasy is being dubbed right now and is fun.

Got Nirvana Initiative paid off, but now the wait for it to be playable is going to be agony.

I wish Nintendo would reveal a timed exclusive Resident Evil game for the Switch at the Direct 😔 Revelations 1 was a miracle on the 3DS and Resident Evil 4 on the GCN was definitely the best looking game of the 6th generation, topping even a lot/most of 7th gen games.

Resident Evil made from the ground up for Switch would be something to watch considering what they accomplished with RE Engine with MHR.

Resident Evil 2 is sooooo good. I think I have completed that game several times; it;'s rare these days that I replay games.

Almost everything works in that game.
Remake is great, but I think I prefer the original 2. Maybe it's my nostalgia goggles.

I just sat down with a Japanese style cheesecake a friend baked me, and turned on Licorice Pizza.

This is an evening.

Lol good luck with that WB. Jesus Christ.

I still haven't forgotten how badly WB treated Ray Fisher for no reason. Makes it all the more frustrating to see they things they are willing to weather for their whiter actors.

Really disappointing to read. Absolutely loved Turning Red. Probably the best Pixar movie since Toy Story 3. I really thought Lightyear would be a guaranteed banger too.
Always important to remember that studios are made up of multiple creative heads and storytellers. It's a really easy trap to fall into, I do it all the time myself (I'm sorry Illumination, please prove me wrong with the Mario movie), but while there can be a house style, they're not as much of a monolith as they like to portray it as. Much like our beloved Nintendo!

Let's not forget - just a year ago Disney released both Raya and the Last Dragon and Encanto, and what a world of difference those two were.

No Time to Die is on Amazon Prime, so we sat down to watch it tonight. I loved it! My wife hated it.

She hates movies that don’t have happy endings

I’m not surprised. That was probably a stipulation for Craig to actually do the movie, lol. And honestly, I really liked the ending. I felt like it was earned. And of course it’s not the actual end of the series.
I liked it too, I just figured they'd want to keep the sort of unspoken thing about the character just being handed from one actor to the next, but they now have to address it in the next one. Or at least I suppose they do. They could just have a new Bond and pretend nothing happened but it'd feel kinda cheap, I think.

Also, Licorice Pizza is fuckin weird, omg

Okay....

So...

I knew that Nintendo was once an old card company, but they dealt in illegal cards and card games?!

😦

...Not gonna lie, that's pretty metal.

I liked it too, I just figured they'd want to keep the sort of unspoken thing about the character just being handed from one actor to the next, but they now have to address it in the next one. Or at least I suppose they do. They could just have a new Bond and pretend nothing happened but it'd feel kinda cheap, I think.

Also, Licorice Pizza is fuckin weird, omg
I don’t think they have to address it at all. 007 has never been a series that bothered with continuity or an overarching plot, until Craig. They can introduce a new actor and tell a new story and boom, they’re off to the races

I don’t think they have to address it at all. 007 has never been a series that bothered with continuity or an overarching plot, until Craig. They can introduce a new actor and tell a new story and boom, they’re off to the races
Sure yeah, they could. But in today's cinematic-universe-obsessed market that would almost seem like yet another gutsy move. I've been wondering if they'd go with one of the fan theories that "007" is just a moniker that gets passed on from agent to agent but yeah, they could just be all "oops, new Bond!" like they always have and that'd.. be different, actually. Compared to what franchise films do these days. Sooo yeah. Talked myself into it. LOL

I was sort of dragged to Jurassic World Dominion today. It was all right, just like how every movie after Jurassic Park is varying degrees of all right.

Not enough people getting torn apart by dinosaurs for a two and a half hour movie. But I did appreciate how the bad guy (who looks EXACTLY like Tim Cook) gets it the same way Newman gets it in the first movie.

I was sort of dragged to Jurassic World Dominion today. It was all right, just like how every movie after Jurassic Park is varying degrees of all right.

Not enough people getting torn apart by dinosaurs for a two and a half hour movie. But I did appreciate how the bad guy (who looks EXACTLY like Tim Cook) gets it the same way Newman gets it in the first movie.
I’m more impressed with

how Bryce Dallas Howard outran that not-velociraptor on foot and somehow it started running at the speed of a car when she was saved by a convient American she met 2 minutes ago, implying to me that Bryce can run as fast as a get-away car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom